Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. (3996 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / To My Muslim Brothers: Don't Drink The New Fanta Apple! / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by tbaba1234: 3:21pm On Dec 08, 2012
Check your mail
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by maclatunji: 3:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
You people should stop your arguments here.
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by maclatunji: 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
Mutah advocates, OP wants to get married. Keep whatever you think are the "benefits" of Mutah off this thread. Thank you.
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by Rafidi: 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
Please mod,kindly unhide my above post.thanks.
And I'm done with this thread and I'd contain myself with the above advice.
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by ZhulFiqar2: 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2012
maclatunji: Mutah advocates, OP wants to get married. Keep whatever you think are the "benefits" of Mutah off this thread. Thank you.

Please be fair for once.OP wants advice.and who says mutah is not marriage,regardless of the differing views?
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by maclatunji: 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
Zhul-Fiqar.:

Please be fair for once.OP wants advice.and who says mutah is not marriage,regardless of the differing views?

He is interested in MARRIAGE not Mutah. Desist from continuing with the Mutah argument, I will ban you if you don't.
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by ZhulFiqar2: 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
maclatunji:

He is interested in MARRIAGE not Mutah. Desist from continuing with the Mutah argument, I will ban you if you don't.

Thanks for the understanding.
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2012
tbaba1234: ^I am replying your mail now... You would get it in the next 10 mins Insha Allah
shukran!
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by Zhulfiqar1: 12:25am On Jan 01, 2013
Militants can marry Syrian women: Wahhabi cleric in Saudi Arabia

[img]http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20121231/pirhayati20121231051834147.jpg[/img]
Hard-line Saudi Wahabi cleric Sheikh Mohammed al-Arifi

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:22AM GMT

A hard-line Wahhabi cleric in Saudi Arabia has recently issued a special religious decree that permits the militants in Syria to engage in short-term marriages with Syrian women.

Sheikh Mohammed al-Arifi said that the marriages between the foreign-backed militants and Syrian women will satisfy the militants’ sexual desires and boost their determination in killing Syrians.

He added that the marriages, dubbed by him as “intercourse marriages,” can be with Syrian females as young as 14 years old.

He also promised “paradise” for those who marry the militants.

Arifi has issued similar decrees in the past in support of the violence in Syria.

He has also been organizing a fundraiser for the militant groups fighting Syrian government forces.

Syria has been experiencing unrest since March 2011. Many people, including large numbers of security forces, have been killed in the turmoil.

The Syrian government says the chaos is being orchestrated from outside the country as there are reports that a very large number of the militants are foreign nationals.

MP/SZH/HJL

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/12/31/280993/militants-can-marry-syrian-women/
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by tbaba1234: 12:33am On Jan 01, 2013
Press TV, Iran, Syria conflict... not the best for authentic news.... Imagine starting an article with wahabi, as if there is any group that calls themselves wahabi. I can almos guarantee this is a lie, no transcript just the writer's interpretation
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by ZhulFiqar2: 12:40am On Jan 01, 2013
tbaba1234: Press TV, Iran, Syria conflict... not the best for authentic news.... Imagine starting an article with wahabi, as if there is any group that calls themselves wahabi.

i am sure after this fatwa by Arifi permitting Mut'ah mariage,i am seriously afraid you may end up in coma! grin the Sunni method of denial is not the best thing to do in an internet age like ours.the wahhabi/salafi movement is present among Sunnis.

the news is not only reported by PressTv.enjoy! grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTrpiP4THdU
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by tbaba1234: 7:18am On Jan 01, 2013
I am not aware of salafis calling themselves wahabis.. No sect calls itself wahabi

More wartime propaganda!!

This is coming from a youtube channel

Eretz Zen
A secular Syrian opposed to having my country turned into a Taliban-like state.

This is obviously where it started from. He has an obvious agenda. It is such an obvious lie . His channel is full of propaganda. what a waste!!.... It would have been great to see the full video and understand the context.

Besides the sheik denied it all....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_XKoZLCUAAWF_q.jpg:large

I would rather believe the sheik.
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by BetaThings: 7:39am On Jan 01, 2013
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by Zhulfiqar1: 1:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
tbaba1234: I am not aware of salafis calling themselves wahabis.. No sect calls itself wahabi

More wartime propaganda!!

so Ibn Abdul-Wahab never existed? they (salafists in saudi arabia) may not choose to refer to themselves as "wahhabis",but they are followers of Ibn Abdul-Wahab in words and deeds whether you like it or not.i'm not sure why they are ashame of that name. wink

This is coming from a youtube channel

Eretz Zen
A secular Syrian opposed to having my country turned into a Taliban-like state.

This is obviously where it started from. He has an obvious agenda. It is such an obvious lie . His channel is full of propaganda. what a waste!!.... It would have been great to see the full video and understand the context.

Besides the sheik denied it all....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_XKoZLCUAAWF_q.jpg:large

I would rather believe the sheik.

i must first say "Allahu Aalam".

but i see no need to rush to defend your Sheikh.your Sheikh has previously made careless statements that insult the Prophet (s).and you also rushed in the other thread to defend him.fortunately,there was a video available which show your Sheikh making the insulting statements against the Prophet (s).that was posted and you ran mute or may be out of battery as usual:

"Islamic Scholars Angry As Wahhabi Preacher Say Prophet (sa) Was Alcohol Seller"
https://www.nairaland.com/922424/islamic-scholars-angry-wahhabi-preacher

the link you presented presents two pages.the twitter page apparently of al-Arifi where statements permitting "sex marriages" (as referred to in the page) and another page showing an ordinary report (God knows by who) that al-Arifi denied making the statement/fatwa.

like i said,i would simply say "Allahu Aalam" (Allah knows best).but i would not rush to believe your Sheikh,even if i think time will tell and possibly more evidence would come out.the video i earlier posted shows a lebanese media channel reporting also on arifi's fatwa for "sex marriages" (as referred to)."Eretz Zen" (on youtube) simply posted a video on youtube from a news report on lebanon's "aljadeed tv".

i see no reason why to rush to believe one report saying arifi issued the fatwa promoting "sex marriages" or the other that he denied issuing the fatwa.arifi has insulted the Prophet (s),and rich saudi Wahhabis do "MISYAR marriage" (which is outright bid'ah) and they also trick poor yemeni girls into permanent marriage,only to abandon the marriage and run back to saudi arabia after consumating the marriage with the poor girls.nothing really wonderful about this news on arifi's fatwa judging from the past.if i were you i'd be more cautious.
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by vedaxcool(m): 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
The shias are known to be master of lies even by the non muslims, imagine fabricating an interview with the president of another country by a govt. Media, that is a first by global standards

vedaxcool: The shias ever so ready to tell lies

a temporary
marriage of a few hours for girls over 14,
divorced women and widows, will help
them attain paradise.
The source for this story
is Press TV, an Iranian propaganda
outlet, so I wouldn’t usually post it, but
Sheikh Mohammed al-Arifi has a history
of saying similar enough things so that
it’s not completely implausible, though
the Sheik has taken to Twitter to deny it.

As Robert Spencer further points out,
there’s an irony in Shiite Muslims in Iran
who routinely use temporary marriages
for premartial and extramartial sex to
complain about the Saudis.

frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/saudi-cleric-promises-paradise-to-14-year-old-girls-who-have-sex-with-syrian-sunni-fighters/

The fact that even non muslims now know that shias are reprobate liars is very dicertening indeed!

He denied ever making such statement

www.el-balad.com/353455

Now would the liar shias apologise for this act of slander?
vedaxcool: grin omo see how shia media fabricates an interview with a president, this is truly a first:

CAIRO — Egypt is to sue an Iranian news
agency for having allegedly fabricated
an interview with president-elect
Mohammed Morsi, the official MENA
news agency reported on Wednesday.
It quoted the Islamist leader’s
spokesman Yassir Ali as saying Fars
news agency made up the widely
quoted interview in which Morsi said he
would improve ties with Iran and revise
Egypt’s 1979 peace treaty with Israel.
“Legal action will be taken against the
Iranian Fars news agency which
fabricated an interview,” Ali said.

www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/news/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/27/egypt-to-sue-iran-news-agency-over-fabricated-interview-in-which-morsi-pledged-to-revise-israel-peace-treaty

Do shias have any shame? A govt news agency goes to the extreme of inventing an interview with a president of another country, what else can they do, Shiek Arifi must be a small fish for them to fry!

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Omo this one don pass craze oh grin grin
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by maclatunji: 3:44pm On Jan 01, 2013
You guys are derailing especially Zhul-fiqar. Stop it.

Thank you.
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
salam aleikum m brothers and sisters in islam...INSHA ALLAH very soon i will get married to the sister in question...i need prayer for proper understanding on the side of my partner's family...INSHA ALLAH very soon...INSHA ALLAH...
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by maclatunji: 1:46pm On Apr 18, 2013
azeezlateefah: salam aleikum m brothers and sisters in islam...INSHA ALLAH very soon i will get married to the sister in question...i need prayer for proper understanding on the side of my partner's family...INSHA ALLAH very soon...INSHA ALLAH...

Have you obtained permission from her father?
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by Yun123: 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
Zhul-Fiqar.:

What makes it "haram"? You should come clear and say Sunnis deem it haram.as for your "vast majority of muslims", you're referring to Sunnis;and that include nigerians muslims who are practically Sunnis,but do not know what they are or literally deny being Sunnis like Maclatunji and Sweetnecta .

I am not hiding that I'm Shia Muslim.and I'm saying that from all indications and evidence and with the admission of Umar,mutah was prohibited by him while it is permissible in Islam-this is recorded in "sahih bukhari".if you want to follow "baba bid'ah" as a Sunni,you're free.but don't be an agent of shaitan to blind your sense of reasoning and forbid what Allah has permitted.

I am not going into this conversation on mutah again.mutah in Islam is as halal as eating dates! I provided a website which informs how to perform mutah,and also establishes the PERMISSIBILITY of mutah in the holy Quran,the authentic hadiths and even cite the practice of mutah marriage in the Bible! I don't need to argue or go over this topic with copy and paste exercise.mutah marriage is halal and islamic and was banned by umar.find out all about mutah marriage here:

www.mutah.com

SALAM!

Aslam!
Pls lets keep aside what our sects practice.
We are here to spread purely authentic Islamic practices base on the Genuine teachings of the Noble prophet<s.a.w> even it contravene with the sayings of our sects Scholar
A proactive follower always utmost to practice authentic Hadith & Quran in Islam regardless of what their sects sholar said.
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2013
about to cos am out of town now..
maclatunji:

Have you obtained permission from her father?
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by Nobody: 2:36am On Apr 28, 2013
May Allah make it easy for both of you,Amin...
A similar thing is happening to some people i know. They have been 'attached' since 2011 when they were still in schl. Now,both of them graduated together last year and currently serving. Even though,both families are aware of the 'relationship',nobody is hurrying them up to tie the knot since they are not yet 'financially stable'. Now,the lady is clamouring for nikkah,but the man is being hesitant,due to finance,thinking of lady's family's consent,and other reasons known to him,even though he is well versed in islamic laws nd rulings concerning these things. What will be ur advice to this lady?
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by tbaba1234: 2:45am On Apr 28, 2013
^If he is so well versed in Islamic law, he would know that the 'attachment' is not legal in the first place without the guardian's permission..

You put yourself in a difficult position by engaging in haram in the first place. I don't know why muslims engage in these kinds of things.

Advice to the sister:
Break off whatever attachment until he is ready to see your mahram.
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by Nobody: 3:00am On Apr 28, 2013
tbaba1234: ^If he is so well versed in Islamic law, he would know that the 'attachment' is not legal in the first place without the guardian's permission..

You put yourself in a difficult position by engaging in haram in the first place. I don't know why muslims engage in these kinds of things.

Advice to the sister:
Break off whatever attachment until he is ready to see your mahram.
hmm..dometimes,these things get confusing...what if he has seeked permission to marry the lady from the lady's father and consent has been given,though mahr has not been paid,and nikkah has not been fixed,what do we call that?
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by tbaba1234: 3:08am On Apr 28, 2013
Hallie27:
hmm..dometimes,these things get confusing...what if he has seeked permission to marry the lady from the lady's father and consent has been given,though mahr has not been paid,and nikkah has not been fixed,what do we call that?

i. First of all, permission is taken from the guardian to discuss the prospect of marriage....

ii. The couple discuss in the presence of a third party (in an open area, no hanky panky)and agree to get married or not. (the third party is preferably the guardian)

iii Mahr is agreed upon and details of the marriage contract ironed out

iv. Nikkah date is fixed..

At the point of consent, nothing has been agreed so she is just a potential wife.You have nothing on her until you get married.
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by Nobody: 3:18am On Apr 28, 2013
tbaba1234:

i. First of all, permission is taken from the guardian to discuss the prospect of marriage....

ii. The couple discuss in the presence of a third party (in an open area, no hanky panky)and agree to get married or not. (the third party is preferably the guardian)

iii Mahr is agreed upon and details of the marriage contract ironed out

iv. Nikkah date is fixed..

At the point of consent, nothing has been agreed so she is just a potential wife.You have nothing on her until you get married.
jazakallahu khairan for the explanation.. These days,some muslim men want to eat their cake and have it at the same time,you dont want to get married cos you feel you are not financially ok, yet you still want to stay hooked up to a lady... Tell me,do you think it will be unreasonable if they get married now,just cos they are still 'corpers'? Cos,thats what both families think....
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by tbaba1234: 3:26am On Apr 28, 2013
Hallie27:
jazakallahu khairan for the explanation.. These days,some muslim men want to eat their cake and have it at the same time,you dont want to get married cos you feel you are not financially ok, yet you still want to stay hooked up to a lady... Tell me,do you think it will be unreasonable if they get married now,just cos they are still 'corpers'? Cos,thats what both families think....

I think there needs to be proper orientation given to muslim youths so that they do not get themselves involved in these kinds of things in the first place. You have no business having a girlfriend, period!!.. It is clear from the Quran.. If you find a sister attractive, get married.. If you are not ready, leave the sister alone, a person who is ready will come along.

The reason why they are required to talk to the guardian instead of this boyfriend-girlfriend business is to protect both of them, particularly the girl... It preserves our deen and protects us from all acts of shamelessness.

check out the new thread on shamelessness: https://www.nairaland.com/1264719/shamelessness
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by Nobody: 3:36am On Apr 28, 2013
tbaba1234:

I think there needs to be proper orientation given to muslim youths so that they do not get themselves involved in these kinds of things in the first place. You have no business having a girlfriend, period!!.. It is clear from the Quran.. If you find a sister attractive, get married.. If you are not ready, leave the sister alone, a person who is ready will come along.

The reason why they are required to talk to the guardian instead of this boyfriend-girlfriend business is to protect both of them, particularly the girl... It preserves our deen and protects us from all acts of shamelessness.

check out the new thread on shamelessness: https://www.nairaland.com/1264719/shamelessness
jazakallahu khairan,i will read the thread with full concentration soon insha Allah..i forgot to say something,the man is also pulling back from nikkah cos he says his alfas of his group wouldnt be happy that he's taking a wife from outside the 'group',even though they are sunnis too,so he needs to sort things out with his alfas yet. Is this man having genuine reasons or the lady should find her square root once and for all?
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by tbaba1234: 3:43am On Apr 28, 2013
Do read the thread.

My advice is simple...

Break ALL communication, until he is ready to speak to your mahram.... It might hurt but it is better for you. Focus on Allah and what is meant for you will come.
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by Nobody: 3:46am On Apr 28, 2013
tbaba1234: Do read the thread.

My advice is simple...

Break ALL communication, until he is ready to speak to your mahram.... It might hurt but it is better for you. Focus on Allah and what is meant for you will come.
alright..jazakumullahu khairan,wa zaadakumullahu ilman naafi'an,Amin.
Re: I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. by Esji80(m): 10:17pm On Apr 30, 2013
Hallie27:
jazakallahu khairan,i will read the thread with full concentration soon insha Allah..i forgot to say something,the man is also pulling back from nikkah cos he says his alfas of his group wouldnt be happy that he's taking a wife from outside the 'group',even though they are sunnis too,so he needs to sort things out with his alfas yet. Is this man having genuine reasons or the lady should find her square root once and for all?
Am a serving corps member.I met a lady whom I love on camp.We've bn communicating since then.Bt she insistd d@ we shldnt consult our parents nw til we fnsh d national service n gt jobs.Due 2 d financial constraints I supportd ha opinion.PLZ I NEED UR ADVICE.IS IT HALAL/HARAM TO CONTINUE WITH D FRNDSHP?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Business Of Baking Birthday Cakes And Wedding Dinners In Islam. / Simple Evidence That The Quran Is Man Made / The Truth About Sharia Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.