Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,620 members, 7,843,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi (10393 Views)

What Is Federal Character? / To Rescind Federal Character & Quota System: What Are The Merits And Demerits? / To Rescind Federal Character & Quota System: What Are The Merits And Demerits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Jarus(m): 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2012
Some of us that know Sanusi are not surprised. He has always been a 'rebel'. He has always been outspoken, he has always found it diificult to keep quiet when he sees something going wrong(it was his speaking out against fellow Bank CEO, Akingbola's unwholesome bank practices early 2009 that was termed 'demarketing' campaign then).

It is this man's nature. He is a man of strong convictions; he fought Kano state governor in 2003 that led to the withdrawal of state funds from Sanusi's UBA then(see his article 'Kano State Government and Ajo No Moto Economics' 2003). Right from his days in the private sector, he has always spoken his mind on political issues. He may not be right all the time, but he doesnt leave anyone in doubt about where he stands.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Jarus(m): 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2012
abbakacici: Quata system and federal character would be 90 scrap from the constitutions because I don't see the reason why a Igbo guys that studied HND biology will employed at CBN,NDIC or IFRS leaving a yaruba with master in finance and may be ICAN CFA just because the number of IGBOs in dat organization are not much or a Hausa that studied BA Hausa will employed in nnpc just because of quata system and federal character leaving thousands of master degree in petroleum management or engineer holder from other zone. The only time federal chracter should be used is from a person from example from kano and edo have the same qualification and they have similar marks in test and interview and edo state has none or little people working in that organasation as compare to kano then the person from edo should employed
Even if Federal Character is scrapped and merit is enthroned, with this your English, I'm afraid even merit will not be able to help people like you.

6 Likes

Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Sealeddeal(m): 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
omiobo: SLS/Fashola are best we have for now but it's a pity tribalism has taken our destiny from our hands.
..i dont agree with you. I think Peter Obi/Akpabio are the best we have now.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by seanet01: 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
If not for federal character, people like him are not supposed to be where he is. He will be better off teaching almajiris why there is no 72 virgin reward for criminals.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by deltaforce7(m): 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
I agree with Mallam Sanusi on this. The system of government we practice in this country is clearly obstrucive of meaningful development.
Continuous creation of states will only widen the recurrent expenditure base since more ministries would be created, and they would need more ministers and their aids to run them.

And for those criticising the CBN governor for expressing what I like to call PROFOUND TRUTH, do not forget that one reason he is there is to identify weaknesses in the system and recommend solutions. That he entered the office he now occupies by reason of the Federal Character charade is not reason for him not to voice out his opinion.

If we must move this nation forward we all need to be constructive in our criticisms and be as objective as possible in appraising and/or evaluating issues. Some of our comments only inflame the already tense political environment. It is also not enough to criticise we should endeavour to profer solutions on how the issues under focus can be best addressed in the overall interest of the political entity called Nigeria. Some of the reports we get from the international community is directly connected to what we say about our country. Just yesterday we read that Transparency International indicated that the country has made some progress in its fight against corruption, yet some of us did not see it that way. It is the name you call your pet that it bears. If we need things to change for good in this country we need to also change on some of attitudes that have the potentials to destroying our country.

God save Nigeria.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Abbott(m): 12:13pm On Dec 06, 2012
nuclearboy: This man is more sensible than people give him credit for - even his desire for a massive layoff of non-productive slothful civil servants should (if understood by the howling mob) be praised! If simplistically we assume that laying off 50% will free half the resources (35% of the federal budget) being "supposedly" utilised for their upkeep to sit and gossip, we'd realise that this means 35% more freed up for capital expenses!

But we are immersed in slothfulness and prefer to go to government offices and spend the day gossiping and at month end get a stipend which is instantly cancelled out by the effects of non-development!

Say that to the 5000+ applicants sitting for interview examination @ d Federal Medical Centre, Abeokuta.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by free2ryhme: 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
see who they talk abt federal xter breed mediocrity... if it were not for federal xter would you've been central bank gov...? mtschew!!!
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Ozonna(m): 12:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
Billyonaire: There should be not more than 2 law makers from a state, 74 law makers in all. Ministries should be scrapped to 12.

You know this is only possible if Nigeria starts practicing true federalism and let each stae/region manage its resources.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
True, Federal character breeds Mediocrity, but not only in the executive arm of government, but all department and parastatals including the armed forces. SLS should not forget that it was introduced because of the north and he and his kinsmen has benefited the most. BTW, why is he suddenly aware of all these problem Just asking.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2012
Good move malam. But this subject has been discussed on this website and others many times, I wonder why it took him this long to speak up. Better late than never sha.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by jumobi1(m): 12:31pm On Dec 06, 2012
NOI & SLS for 2015.
That's the way forward. The other options aren't as intelligent.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2012
*Yawns*

This guy talks too much... undecided
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by chakula: 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2012
Mavrick2012: If only dis funny mallam wil apreciate dat dis "federal character" was fashiond by n 4 his fellow ilitrate northerners who wil lag behind if goin by merit

You are worse than those that bring you up, you are here to inform me that you are literate or what, those who are loaded academically always hide themselves and will hardly raise up their hand except the condition is worst so that doubt will be clear in the mind of those who have it.

However I am disappointed in you and in addition you have no excuse why error fulls your input above please if you think you are smart learn how to play sprucely.

#BahaushenakedagaKano#

1 Like

Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by ayojango(m): 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2012
nuclearboy: This man is more sensible than people give him credit for - even his desire for a massive layoff of non-productive slothful civil servants should (if understood by the howling mob) be praised! If simplistically we assume that laying off 50% will free half the resources (35% of the federal budget) being "supposedly" utilised for their upkeep to sit and gossip, we'd realise that this means 35% more freed up for capital expenses!

But we are immersed in slothfulness and prefer to go to government offices and spend the day gossiping and at month end get a stipend which is instantly cancelled out by the effects of non-development!

U cannot lay off, u use 5billion for buildin, 2billion for banquet hall, N300m for food,y dnt u pump d money into d system, d pple r nt stupid
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by GARRIx7(m): 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2012
[size=28pt]
CAN SOMEONE REMIND ME: WHAT'S THE AVERAGE IQ OF NIGERIANS?? WHAT SORT OF SILLY COMMENTS AM I SEEING??
[/size]
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by mmmustapha(m): 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2012
I wish we can keep religion n cultural differences aside n work hard in changing d only country we have. Imagine SLS, fashola, okorocha, oshomole, buhari, azazi, and ribadu as senate president, VP, president, rep, efcc. RIP Awoniyi wish u r alive, a great man who work wit everybody without showing religion and cultural differences
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by deltaforce7(m): 12:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
@OP - where are my comments!
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Ribaman(m): 12:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
Na now wey him fellow northerners go send hired assassins to am!
He is on point though, one cannot really fault his position.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Pecca: 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
I think you guys miss something here. Take some time to look at the national budget. You will find out that The personnel cost for all the civil servant put together is not our problem but overhead costs. We should be striving to prune overheads and leave 'em civil servants alone. I tell you if this is done civil service jobs will become unattractive because there will be virtually no excess cash to steal. As for Sanusi he is am opportunist. Let him open CBN up for probe and the stench will make a cess-pit green with envy. Na politics dem de call that hin tactics
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
eGuerrilla: Apologies @TouchDown, as I have neither the time nor wherewithal to expand further on this point today, I would encourage you to speak to any veteran of the banking industry in Nigeria.

I, of course, agree with Sanusi on this issue and many others, in spite of his status as a beneficiary of the system he now rails against.

Fair enough.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by deltaforce7(m): 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
@ GARRI

Truth is that garri has blocked your brain. Go and perform some sort of surgery on your head so you can learn to come in here and make your comments, not just sit idly and insult those who try reason out the way forward for Nigeria.

Oju kokoro!
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by nagoma(m): 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2012
Tony Spike: Was this same Sanusi Lamido not appointed CBN governor based on federal character or am I missing something here?

Yes you are missing the whole point.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by dickhardener: 12:56pm On Dec 06, 2012
With the mindset it's citizen's have adopted, Nigeria will never grow. Nigerians love mediocrity and the conveniences of a lawless state.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by dickhardener: 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
felifeli:

If not for federal character will the fool have been able to get where he is today ? People just say things without thinking first.
. You are the one not doing the thinking.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by ocelot2006(m): 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
dreday: SLS can speak sense? I'm amazed. If only he could be so honest on the fuel subsidy debacle. Federal character is crap

So, what exactly in the fuel subsidy payment was he dishonest about? Please do tell.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 06, 2012
Nigerians,Dont b deceived. First was to sack 50% of civil servants, now,he say federal xter is bad. His point being wat? To minimise costs abi? N results-to-be being wat? To gather d money saved and use it for .......? Dis is d same thing dey told us abt fuel subsidy removal, dat dey wl use d money to build infrastructures,where r dose extra infrastructures. plus d fact dat d price of tnz has been on d increase since January. I dont want to trust any money conservin measure of d FG again. Swiss bank returnd Abacha's loot, where is it now? Who knws weda he is sayin dese recent tnz because he is nt satisfied/favoured by d FG for a particular 'thing ' best known to him. Its nt enuf to say dat he is speaking against a govt dat put him dere, and therefore,he is a 'good egg'. No
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by chakula: 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
nagoma:

Yes you are missing the whole point.

How do you consider his post as meaningful?
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Wsdm: 1:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
You may be too blatant, but you always say the very truth,
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by chakpe: 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
Mr. Sanusi is correct, no doubt but is he not a product of Federal Character?
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by CHIMSKY(m): 1:18pm On Dec 06, 2012
Tony,Please do not miss the point.So because he was appointed CBN Governor based on the twisted Federal Character Principle,a man who is the de facto Chief Economic Adviser to the Nigerian Government should not speak his mind?Even though he sees things going wrong?It is this kind of backward thinking that has kept Nigeria as primitive as it is right now.That is why when politicians are caught red-handed for stealing public money,fools like you ask 'is he the only one stealing/'
Tony Spike: Was this same Sanusi Lamido not appointed CBN governor based on federal character or am I missing something here?
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by deltaforce7(m): 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
hehehe
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 06, 2012
Pecca: I think you guys miss something here. Take some time to look at the national budget. You will find out that The personnel cost for all the civil servant put together is not our problem but overhead costs. We should be striving to prune overheads and leave 'em civil servants alone. I tell you if this is done civil service jobs will become unattractive because there will be virtually no excess cash to steal. As for Sanusi he is am opportunist. Let him open CBN up for probe and the stench will make a cess-pit green with envy. Na politics dem de call that hin tactics

u r d person dat understands dis whole thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? / Nigeria Hit By Oil Misfortunes - Buhari / 2023: Buhari Didn’t Ask Emefiele To Resign — Presidency Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.