Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi (10387 Views)

What Is Federal Character? / To Rescind Federal Character & Quota System: What Are The Merits And Demerits? / To Rescind Federal Character & Quota System: What Are The Merits And Demerits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by kinguwem: 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2012
SLS was appointed CBN governor based on quota system. Is he ready to resign since he knows that quota system breeds mediocrity? The problem in the banking sector resulted from mediocrity. Our elites may be intelligent but their ideas are usually inconsistent.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by omiobo: 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2012
Sealeddeal: ..i dont agree with you. I think Peter Obi/Akpabio are the best we have now.

Who be Peter Obi? That man is swaggaless,even Jona get swag pass am self.cheesy I agreed with Akpabio.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by 4Play(m): 7:17pm On Dec 06, 2012
Given the shortage of highly accomplished economists in the CBN's ranks, I've always said the CBN Gov should be someone with a PHD in economics or one who is highly accomplished having worked for or attended a world class institution. Sanusi is not any of these. Whilst I agree with most of his expressed views on topical issues, he's clearly not qualified for the post.

He will make a great president though and I wish he would run for office.

This idea of him being a bank CEO making him qualified for CBN Gov is odd. That will be like Jamie Dimon, JP Morgan's CEO, or Lloyd Blankfein, Goldman Sachs's CEO, being made Chairman of the Federal Reserves. Obama will be laughed off for such a nomination. I know our Central Bank's remit is different but you still need an accomplished monetary economist in that role.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Excellent7(m): 7:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
After going through the posts on this topic and in consideration of the various utterances ans actions of the current CBN governor, I made a web search to inquire about his CV. In the course of perusing through my web search on this subject matter, I came across a nairaland thread from 2010 which revealed intersting information, antecedents, utterances, and thoughts of CBN governor. For the interest of the forumites I piost below the link to the previous thread and a post in the said thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/446122/really-sanusi-lamido-sanusi

Re: Really, Who Is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi? by PapaBrowne(m): 11:41pm On May 15, 2010
It explains everything we've been saying about this guy! He rose to his position in the banking industry by virtue of his royal lineage.
I have always wondered why Sanusi never deemed it necessary throughout his career as a banker to develop himself further.

The guy is a misfit for the position he sits upon. He would definitely be better off as an EFCC Chairman or better still he should be considered as a Chairman off the Pilgrims Board where he can make adequate use of his Sudanese degree in Islamic studies.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Excellent7(m): 7:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
I will in due cause post my perception.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by ballabriggs: 7:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
All these people without brains will tell you if Sanusi Lamido is qualified or not.

This is a case of Clifford Orji being an X-factor judge.

If you had any knowledge, you will understand what a Credit Risk analysts role is. It takes intelligence, it takes having an analytic skill, making optimal decisions.

So someone who analyses credit risk on bank assets does not understand monetary policy? Most of you do not even have a level of knowledge so how do you assess? Based on hate?

None of you have the brain to assess the man. So you all should go and get a life first and stop hating the man.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
I agree with SLS's argument. The constitution has to be amended in a way that a maximum of 5 ministers be appointed from each geo-political zone, making it a maximum of 30 federal ministers. Also, the number of Presidential aides, House Of Representatives members should be slashed.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Yujin(m): 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
yuzedo:
Yeah, that's the only place i've ever faulted his stance. And it is unfortunate that our most trusted public servants (Fashola, Oshiomhole, and co) were also agitating for the subsidy removal at that time without PROPERLY laying down the terms/blueprint. Was disappointing.

But honestly? SLS is presidential material anyday! He's too damn intelligent and honest, with balls of steel necessary to take tough decisions and a cosmopolitan, relatively detribalized personality. Fashola + SLS in 2015? Naija don wake up be dat, forget Muslim/Muslim situation, tell me you wont vote that ticket.
Make Ibos go siddon for now, we never arrange our home! undecided (yes, i said it, abum nwa-nri)
Another Nnamdi Azikiwe in the making. Ya buru na nwatakiri ajughi ife gburu nna ya, ofu ife anwa ga egbu ya onweya.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Yujin(m): 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2012
While I'm in agreement with SLS on the retrogressive impact of Federal Character on the development of this empire, I clearly see the hidden message. Why cite the additional state request of the South East in your analysis when you know that Federal Character WILL NEVER be stopped in this Nigeria with the present political set up? He's subtly saying it shouldn't be created because an additional ministry would have to be created for the new state. In his quest to manage the expenses of the FG, I think the excess LGA's in the north should be collapsed and the money channeled into better use than increasing the unemployment rate by retrenching 50% of civil servants.
SLS is damn smart.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by yuzedo: 9:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
Yujin:
Another Nnamdi Azikiwe in the making. Ya buru na nwatakiri ajughi ife gburu nna ya, ofu ife anwa ga egbu ya onweya.

Nwanne, obu munwa ka obu SLS ka ina etu inu anwa? Maka na, ihem jiri si na ndigbo adighi ready for 2015 bu na we don't have ONE single candidate.. One credible leader to serve as a rallying point, who draws support across all eastern states. Not one!

We are a divided nation. With selfish & immature "leaders". Azikiwe is a peculiar case biko. Nwata n'ata akara, n'ata ego ya! cool
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Blueboy0402: 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
Good morning Sanusi Lamido Sanusi!
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by ebere1712: 10:57pm On Dec 06, 2012
SLS is right, however the root of the problem is not federal character but unitary system of government. Regions or states should control not less than 90% of their revenue. We can't remove federal character without removing the cancerous unitary system of government. They are brothers to the same ailment. Federal character gave us people like david mark, bode george, sanusi lamido sanusi, and the other imbe.cil.es
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by kolexy(m): 10:57pm On Dec 06, 2012
[quote author=Jarus]
Even if Federal Character is scrapped and merit is enthroned, with this your English, I'm afraid even merit will not be able to help people like you. [/quote

Lmao....
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by ifebosco: 11:04pm On Dec 06, 2012
yuzedo:
Yeah, that's the only place i've ever faulted his stance. And it is unfortunate that our most trusted public servants (Fashola, Oshiomhole, and co) were also agitating for the subsidy removal at that time without PROPERLY laying down the terms/blueprint. Was disappointing.

But honestly? SLS is presidential material anyday! He's too damn intelligent and honest, with balls of steel necessary to take tough decisions and a cosmopolitan, relatively detribalized personality. Fashola + SLS in 2015? Naija don wake up be dat, forget Muslim/Muslim situation, tell me you wont vote that ticket.
Make Ibos go siddon for now, we never arrange our home! undecided (yes, i said it, abum nwa-nri)

my brother i like your idea,but SLS must learn the political change of the new nigeria.for fashola,he is a good governor,but needs to change his capitalist ways of doing things,nigeria is not only for rich people alone
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by kolexy(m): 11:07pm On Dec 06, 2012
Jarus:
What influence? But Obasanjo did not appoint Soludo, a fellow southerner.

He may not be Nigeria's no 1 economic brain, but it is hardly possible to point to one person as most qualified. So once you pick someone from a pool of qualified folks, that's merit enough. Even if Sanusi was a southerner, as the GMD of the largest financial group in Nigeria, his name could still have come up as qualified contender. After all, a southerner, Joseph Sanusi, became CBN governor from the same First Bank's CEOship seat. So what are we saying. Na beans to become GMD of FBN.

Joseph Sanusi was CBN Deputy Govervor before he was pushed to prevent him from becoming Governor. He was appointed CEO of UBA, and later Firstbank.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Onlytruth(m): 2:01am On Dec 07, 2012
Sanusi should run for presidency on either Soludo\Sanusi or Sanusi\Soludo ticket.
In these two great Nigerians, there is abundance of hope for REAL LEADERSHIP. Both are gutsy, ambitious, BOLD and intelligent.
Most others (Fashola for example) don't have the guts to rule Nigeria. Quote me on that. cool
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Onlytruth(m): 2:02am On Dec 07, 2012
BTW he is spot on!
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by naijaking1: 3:00am On Dec 07, 2012
kinguwem: SLS was appointed CBN governor based on quota system. Is he ready to resign since he knows that quota system breeds mediocrity? The problem in the banking sector resulted from mediocrity. Our elites may be intelligent but their ideas are usually inconsistent.

I go die--o-o-o!!! LMAO!!!
Let me get this right? I barely educated islamic scholar gets appointed to the highest economic position in the land based on federal character, he goes around mouthing psuedo-scientific principles as our new economic policy, commenting on more religious, political, and ethnic issues than any CBN governor in history, and now he's taking a retro-look at the same consititution shoved down our throat by his military dictator cousins?
He can certainly start by talking more economics and finances than these political fanfares.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by CohenJane: 3:04am On Dec 07, 2012
Tony Spike: Was this same Sanusi Lamido not appointed CBN governor based on federal character or am I missing something here?

CBN Governors are not appointed based on federal character. I don't think so. But wait, is he not making sense?
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by CohenJane: 3:07am On Dec 07, 2012
Yujin: While I'm in agreement with SLS on the retrogressive impact of Federal Character on the development of this empire, I clearly see the hidden message. Why cite the additional state request of the South East in your analysis when you know that Federal Character WILL NEVER be stopped in this Nigeria with the present political set up? He's subtly saying it shouldn't be created because an additional ministry would have to be created for the new state. In his quest to manage the expenses of the FG, I think the excess LGA's in the north should be collapsed and the money channeled into better use than increasing the unemployment rate by retrenching 50% of civil servants.
SLS is damn smart.

But he also cited his state as an example, didn't he?
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by ba7man(m): 3:56am On Dec 07, 2012
felifeli:

If not for federal character will the fool have been able to get where he is today ? People just say things without thinking first.
So that means you support the fact that we have such a bloated Government and you are Ok wiv the fact that it consumes 70% of the income generated by this country leaving the common man with 30%. So you're now calling him a "Fool" for speaking the truth. Its people like you that are content with mediocrity and bondage. #FACT#. Check your thought patterns, you and whoever liked your statement.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by ba7man(m): 4:01am On Dec 07, 2012
People should learn to listen and analyze words to gain understanding but som pips are just so rigid in their minds they're judging him for past statements he's made they don't agree with. We should be able to recognize the truths in his statements b'cos its staring at us right in the face.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by ba7man(m): 4:04am On Dec 07, 2012
Onlytruth: Sanusi should run for presidency on either Soludo\Sanusi or Sanusi\Soludo ticket.
In these two great Nigerians, there is abundance of hope for REAL LEADERSHIP. Both are gutsy, ambitious, BOLD and intelligent.
Most others (Fashola for example) don't have the guts to rule Nigeria. Quote me on that. cool
If you can sucessfully rule Lagos(finish that statement)......What experience does GEJ have from his Bayelsa experience??
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by mikeapollo: 10:49am On Dec 07, 2012
omiobo: SLS/Fashola are best we have for now but it's a pity tribalism has taken our destiny from our hands.

Please, stop that Fashola nonesense!
I dont know why some of you people are blind to the fact that Fashola hates the poor and does not have any policies or compassion for the poor!
Do you want tuition fees in Federal universities to be hiked to N5m per seesion? and deny poor students the benefits of higher education?

Do you want all Nigerian medical doctors/university lecturers to be sacked and all hospitals/universities grounded because a stupid and foolish egocentric person somewhere wanted to flex his muscles with people demanding their legitimate rights, while the maases continue to die and suffer?

Fashola is a doomed failure. All he does is to award contracts for flowers and inflated road contracts where he can cut his share, while education and health services, the main sectors that benefit the masses directly are neglected!
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by mikeapollo: 10:59am On Dec 07, 2012
Tony Spike:

You see, we Nigerians are funny set of people. When Ribadu chose many of his Northern friends to help him start EFCC, He was later crucified for that singular reason during 2011 election. From your statement, does it mean SLS was the most incorruptible according to Yar'adua? Was it not the same Yara'dua (of blessed memory) that chose Micheal Aondoakaa and Farida Waziri on the behest of James Ibori? Look my friend, don't make assumptions for our political leaders, they surely know what they are doing, we are just pawns in their endgame(s). On your bolded question, I have no response. Infact, I don't want to know who is more intelligent. Thank you.

The Farida Waziri you mentioned still has the best record in the history of EFCC to date. I mean verifiable achievements based on evidence on ground, not by media campaign as witnessed under Ribadu!. I stand to be corrected.

That woman recorded the highest number of prosecutions and convictions during her 3 years as EFCC chairman, more than Ribadu's 5 years. She prosecuted and charged people that Ribadu could NEVER touch during his time.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by mikeapollo: 11:02am On Dec 07, 2012
Onlytruth: Sanusi should run for presidency on either Soludo\Sanusi or Sanusi\Soludo ticket.

The only man that has real guts and boldness is SLS.
The other guys are bootlickers who tell lies to deceive the people.

Fashola is the worst of them all. He hates the poor!
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by ba7man(m): 12:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
mikeapollo:

The only man that has real guts and boldness is SLS.
The other guys are bootlickers who tell lies to deceive the people.

Fashola is the worst of them all. He hates the poor!
Well, I don't see myself as poor so i can relate to his policies....even though not all are spot-on but u can see his effort around u.
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by omiobo: 3:54pm On Dec 07, 2012
mikeapollo:

Please, stop that Fashola nonesense!
I dont know why some of you people are blind to the fact that Fashola hates the poor and does not have any policies or compassion for the poor!
Do you want tuition fees in Federal universities to be hiked to N5m per seesion? and deny poor students the benefits of higher education?

Do you want all Nigerian medical doctors/university lecturers to be sacked and all hospitals/universities grounded because a stupid and foolish egocentric person somewhere wanted to flex his muscles with people demanding their legitimate rights, while the maases continue to die and suffer?

Fashola is a doomed failure. All he does is to award contracts for flowers and inflated road contracts where he can cut his share, while education and health services, the main sectors that benefit the masses directly are neglected!

I am not mikeapollo and can never think like you. It's hightime you know that the world is changing. If you are still thinking that Govt will provide things free,you are dreaming, it's better you wake from your slumber.
If you want to live in a developed country,stop having free thing mentality. There was a time when things were free but now you have to pay. Govt needs to provide securities,infrastructure,stable power,business environment e.t.c that will enable citizens to depend on theirselves by carrying out economic activities
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by deb(m): 4:17pm On Dec 07, 2012
Joey82:

it takes mor than courage to criticize a system that made.
give the guy some credit abeg.

Thank you for your wisdom. Nigerians are their own first enemy and will criticize even opinions that will benefit them
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
felifeli:

If not for federal character will the fool have been able to get where he is today ? People just say things without thinking first.

When you point one finger four point back at you!
Re: Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi by mikeapollo: 6:11pm On Dec 10, 2012
omiobo:

I am not mikeapollo and can never think like you. It's hightime you know that the world is changing. If you are still thinking that Govt will provide things free,you are dreaming, it's better you wake from your slumber.
If you want to live in a developed country,stop having free thing mentality. There was a time when things were free but now you have to pay. Govt needs to provide securities,infrastructure,stable power,business environment e.t.c that will enable citizens to depend on theirselves by carrying out economic activities

I dont know how old or how matured you are, so I would not blame you.
A nation can only develop when its citizensa are empowered through education, not by planting flowers and embarking on inflated contracts. Ekiti, Osun Edo states etc are not the richest states in Nigeria, but they still strive to make higher education accessible for their citizens. Ekiti state govt has just announced a comprehensive scholarship scheme for its citizens. Osun State is trying to subsidise education for its people too.

What is your corrupt, greedy and arrogant Fashola doing in Lagos? Taking higher education awat from the reach of the ordinary Lagosians.

If you are fortunate to have parents who are paying your bills, remember those who may be very very brilliant but with unfortunate circumstances who are finding things difficult. The essence of govt is to make life easier for the majority, who incidentally are the poor. It s the poor people that queue up in the sun to vote. The rich dont stand in the sun to vote.

The 2 things that the masses enjoy directly from govt are good health care and education. Fashola has virtually messed up those sectors....it is now cash and carry for the rich only!

Awolowo, Jakande and even Tinubu made provisions for the less privileged, but not this useless and mean governor called Fashola.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obi Appoints Bob Manuel As SSA. / 'You Have Been An Excellent Role Model' - Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates President / PDP Says Presidency Under Buhari Now A Den Of Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.