Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,154 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria (2754 Views)

In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu / Tinubu Calls For Revolution / A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by solid3(m): 7:54am On Dec 06, 2012
I have been hearing of revolution for some times now with out any action.

The greater percentage of Nigerian youths are not finding things funny at all.

Everyday we keep hearing of billions and trillions changing hands in government, yet not even a thousand gets to us. The government keep spending our money in frivolous manner. They travel abroad always in the name of bringing investors who will provide jobs for us, they leave us here always and yet bring nothing back for us from the trip.

Yet to get a good job that would that will pay your bills and make you stop thinkin of revolution is extremly difficult. The youth find it hard to eat 3 good square meal per day, meanwhile they presidency say N2billion is not enough 4 them to eat snacks and refreshment, the youth also find it hard to pay a single room house rent, let alone talk of getting married. Just take a look around you and see guys and ladies of marriagable age still single as a result of no job and stable income to cater for themselves or the family.

How long shall the youth watch this old men in government squander of future for us out their greed? How long shall we watch them eat their cake and eat ours too? Should we keep watching, praying and hoping they would call us one day and give us what belongs to us?
When will we start this revolution start? Or am I d only one in this situation?
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by seedord247(m): 8:37am On Dec 06, 2012
Do you have will?
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by solid3(m): 9:31am On Dec 06, 2012
seedord247: Do you have will?

I have been dearing intime past. I still can be. But as we all know its is not a one man thing. Synergy is the key.

This revolution have to take place.
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by seunfly: 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2012
Lead and others will follow.
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 06, 2012
It's not lead and others will follow!!!!

we should all do it at once!!

We can sack them all!!!

1 Like

Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by taharqa: 1:15pm On Dec 06, 2012
KIDS, Kids, kids........ *smh*
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by solid3(m): 1:15pm On Dec 06, 2012
seunfly: Lead and others will follow.

With people like you, Nigerian youth will continue to suffer. Can one person plan war alone and wait 4 others who dont know his plan to follow?
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by solid3(m): 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2012
taharqa: KIDS, Kids, kids........ *smh*

How do you mean old man
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by ypzilanti: 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
A revolution can always be hijacked by the army. That is what those who advocate revolution do not realize.

What we need is a change in government. If we vote them out and they rig, the revolution can start. That way, even if the army takes over, they will eventually have to hand power to the legitimate winner of the election.

But if you all go out on the street and protest, the army will strike to 'restore order' and then it is back to square one.

1 Like

Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by solid3(m): 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
ypzilanti: A revolution can always be hijacked by the army. That is what those who advocate revolution do not realize.

What we need is a change in government. If we vote them out and they rig, the revolution can start. That way, even if the army takes over, they will eventually have to hand power to the legitimate winner of the election.

But if you all go out on the street and protest, the army will strike to 'restore order' and then it is back to square one.

I find fault with your thinking, sorry to say. We wld know those who are capable of leading and we wld call them to lead the government. There are credible persons in this country who can lead. There is no issue of goi back to square one.
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2012
lET ARMY HIJACK IT OOOOO!!!!!! LIARS!!!!! All these PDP paid brains don't think again!!

Would you rather the army start the revolution and give us another 10 years of military rule? Awon oniranu agbaya buruku wey don use their future collect bribe money!
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by ebere1712: 12:50am On Dec 07, 2012
The only successful revolution in Nigerian would be restricted to ethnic nations. A country wide Nigerian revolution is simply impossible. We suspect ourselves too much for that. When you guys are ready to divide this shithole and join benin-republic, you can let us know.

1 Like

Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by Callotti: 3:33am On Dec 07, 2012
I think the youths should mobilize and leave Nigeria. . . .much safer than a revolution. . .aka dying a useless death! kiss
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:21am On Dec 07, 2012
Nigerian youths are too timid. They would probably wait and watch until their entire futures are stolen and wasted.
US would soon stop buy our crude oil and oil may run out and become worthless, then what would be left for future generations?
I still cannot understand why they stopped the fuel protests.

It is very unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by Callotti: 4:25am On Dec 07, 2012
GenBuhari: Nigerian youths are too timid. They would probably wait and watch until their entire futures are stolen and wasted.
US would soon stop buy our crude oil and oil may run out and become worthless, then what would be left for future generations?

It is very unfortunate.

General. . .are you not a 'youth'? Why not lead your own protest instead of chanting 'they'. . .'they'? undecided
Please, don't blame them. . .until you have set the example first.
Nigeria is a complex problem.
Do you want others to die for you?
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:58am On Dec 07, 2012
^ No I do not consider myself a youth.

Iam settled and I have good standard of living working abroad and supporting my family.

The youths I refer to are those young people who are under 40 years old, unemployed and struggling to feed themselves and their families.

Revolution has to be started by the persons who are directly affected by the injustice that they are revolting about.
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by Callotti: 5:05am On Dec 07, 2012
GenBuhari: ^ No I do not consider myself a youth.

Iam settled and I have good standard of living working abroad and supporting my family.

The youths I refer to are those young people who are under 40 years old, unemployed and struggling to feed themselves and their families.

Revolution has to be started by the persons who are directly affected by the injustice that they are revolting about.

Absolutely correct!
I assumed you were a youth. . .living in Nigeria.
The reason I stated that the 'youth' should abscond from Nigeria. . .

Well then. . .
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:14am On Dec 07, 2012
Beside why assume that people have to die?

It is possible to cause a revolution by peaceful protest by simply turning out on the streets and demanding the govt starts tackling corruption - it may not even require a change of govt - the protests may simply remain on the streets until govt meets minimal demands made by the protestors.

Callotti:

Absolutely correct!
I assumed you were a youth. . .living in Nigeria.
The reason I stated that the 'youth' should abscond from Nigeria. . .

Well then. . .
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:25am On Dec 07, 2012
The greater percentage of Nigerian youths are not finding things funny at all.

I doubt it.
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by Callotti: 7:10am On Dec 07, 2012
GenBuhari: Beside why assume that people have to die?

It is possible to cause a revolution by peaceful protest by simply turning out on the streets and demanding the govt starts tackling corruption - it may not even require a change of govt - the protests may simply remain on the streets until govt meets minimal demands made by the protestors.

With the same cowardly youth we all know too well? I doubt it. cry
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by mankevo(m): 8:31am On Dec 07, 2012
You need not announce revolution,especially in an ethnic,religous,tribal minded people of Nigeria.\
When Mohammed Bouziz (Tunisia) set himself ablaze to protest governments insensitivity to the populace, he didnt tell Tunisians to revolt nor did he broadcast it. No, he just did it and ''freed'' himself from the enclave, little did he know that not only Tunisia but entire Arab nation will be jolted and reshaped.
May He Rest in Peace (Moh'd Bouzziz)
www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2011/01/201112612181...

A little effort anyone put may be the ice breaker. We just need will &resilience.
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by Callotti: 10:52am On Dec 07, 2012
Anyone that DREAMS of dying for Nigeria or Nigerians is a MAJOR FOOOOOOL!!!!
JESUS CHRIST included!!!!! kiss
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by aniffy4eva(m): 11:04am On Dec 07, 2012
Maybe in the next 300 - 400 years.
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by demelza: 11:31am On Dec 07, 2012
GenBuhari: Nigerian youths are too timid. They would probably wait and watch until their entire futures are stolen and wasted.

It is very unfortunate.
Which fuel protests?
Do you mean that jamboree held early this year where people went to listen to popular musicians who came to "entertain them " while pretending to be protesting?
Look at the current protest going on in Egypt, compare, and you will see that that fuel "protest" was a shameful charade.
@Op
I dont think you should hold your breath for any revolution or else.... The youths have become totally complacent just like sheeps and have also developed an immunity towards all the atrocities committed here that if committed elsewhere would have right thinking citizens bringing the government to its knees.
They justify their complacency & docility with "we leave everything to God". Or in a modified version - God Dey. How I detest this word.
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by helpmeohgod(m): 11:42am On Dec 07, 2012
Arab countries started the revolutions and they succeeded.
Nigeria should start now, though price has to be paid.
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by solid3(m): 11:52am On Dec 07, 2012
Its painful the way I see things these days. The way this government is squandering our money meant to build a good future for todays youth is alarming.

I am shouting now, tomorrow will come and we will beging to curse this present generation in government who might have died by then and their loot irrecoverable.

They have moved from the era of spending hundreds of thousand way past millions into bilions on common projects that even have less impact on the citizenry.

This government is spending the money of our tomorrow and we the people of tommorow are leaving them to God.

We may not have it easy with those coming behind us. They may not be as timid as we are, they may not be as "we leave them to God" as we do.

I am scare for the future of todays youth.

Please somebody wake me up perharps I am dreaming or seeing things from a wrong point of view.
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by helpmeohgod(m): 12:43pm On Dec 07, 2012
Count on me, this revolution is kicking off tomorrow @ exactly 10 am. Start sending bb messages now. Its kicking off from ikeja and yaba lagos. Hope to see u there. Enough is enough.
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
let me consult google after i will fast for 40days In God will trust
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by solid3(m): 2:16pm On Dec 07, 2012
helpmeohgod: Count on me, this revolution is kicking off tomorrow @ exactly 10 am. Start sending bb messages now. Its kicking off from ikeja and yaba lagos. Hope to see u there. Enough is enough.

Guy are u serious?

This should not look like a one man thing, for if it is a one man thing, it wld hardly succeed.

Its high time this thread moved to front page.
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by julius2825(m): 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
I understand Revolution in nigeria in two prospect:
1.physically combating revolution:this is a physical expression toward the oppression of either a government or a leading or ruling position toward its citizens or indigens.but in the case of nigeria,just physical revolution can not solve the problem.
2.spiritual revolution:this is the revolution in which the whole world for long awaits(the coming of the son of man)but in this prospect,spiritual revolution must by any possible means accompany the physical combating revolution,reasons because in this world,most especially,in this country nigeria,all preferences of activities have been subjected to the devil in the spiritual realm.so if any decision of revolution is to be made or taken without the preference of the holy spirit in this country,its just to the equivalent of building a house without a proper foundation,the house would stand but not for long.
Either now or later revolution must prevail in this country.
Re: When Will We Start This Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2012
Go to the complaints thread and request this thread is moved to front page. It could be that the mods may be too nervous to be seen to be promoting a revolution (after all Nigeria is only democratic in name and not in reality).

*solid*:

Guy are u serious?

This should not look like a one man thing, for if it is a one man thing, it wld hardly succeed.

Its high time this thread moved to front page.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Oga @ The Top Takes Another Turn / The Nigerian Civil War: A Debt That Must Be Paid / Fire At Presidential Villa As Dr. Sule Lamido Stormed The Villa Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.