Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? (2691 Views)

. / My Husband Caught Me Masturbating, What Do I Do? / NHRC Stops Marriage Of 40year Old Man To Primary 5 Pupil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by wetgate2010: 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
Masturbation is sinful. I've been doing it for the past nine years and have been with this guilt all along. Now I can hardly pray cos I feel so guilty . Am about to get married. What do I do to stop this? Someone told me that once am married, it'll stop since I already have wife to have sex with. Can God still forgive me given that I've abused his grace time and again? I even feel too guilty and ashamed to pray. How do I stop this bad habit? I need help. Anyone with experience and matured responses will help. Thanks.
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by Walexz02(m): 1:20pm On Dec 06, 2012
It probably may not help if u dont change ur inner sef... U hv to repent and then pray. May God help us all.
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by Clem45(m): 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2012
l am a victim for many years,that you are still doing it is an evidence that you still love it.The first step is to start hating it and go for deliverance.Anything u hate u do not do.MARRIAGE OR NO MARRIAGE IT CANNOT CHANGE.
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by Digriz(m): 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
it depends on wat control ur thoughts and the reason for masturbatting.
Some do it out of depression while some for sexual satisfaction.
Frm the above reasons,u cn change if its for d later bt may never stop it if ur reason is d former.
I passed thru it,so am speaking frm experience angle.
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by greatgod2012(f): 1:48pm On Dec 06, 2012
1. That u will stop when u get married..............No, except u decide, it requires decision and determination as well as your level of self-control, marriage is not a guarantee against bad habit.
2. If God can forgive u............. Yes, God can forgive u, He is a merciful God, just be sincerely repentant and ask for forgiveness, He will surely forgive u.
3. Feeling guilty and ashamed..... It is normal, it shows dt u are truely repentant, make ur repentance stronger by going to God in prayer and decide never to do it again.
4. How u can stop..........DECIDE to stop......it takes DECISION, DETERMINATION AND SELF-CONTROL.
I was never in your condition, but i believe dt if u decide and detrmine to stop, with self-control and God by your side, u will win over it.
MayGod help u.......... Amen.
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by Lasinoh: 2:07pm On Dec 06, 2012
Hell no! It only makes it better! cool
Sometimes. . . my husband just wants to watch me. . . . to add a little spice! It makes me go longer in the bedroom after 'releasing' the initial excitement!

It teaches us how to use our fingers as pleasure tools in the bedroom. I love to watch my husband too. . . it gives me an idea of 'how he likes things done' with my fingers! wink

When I am not in the mood to deal with others with ganja/alcohol-induced 'ere-ctile' dysfunction after round 4. . . or after recovering from the shock of dealing with penile midgets. . . . I just service myself and go to sleep for some peace of mind! Easy! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2012
Please can anybody educate me what the OP is talking about *whispers* is it mast****tion? lipsrsealed
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by wetgate2010: 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2012
greatgod2012: 1. That u will stop when u get married..............No, except u decide, it requires decision and determination as well as your level of self-control, marriage is not a guarantee against bad habit.
2. If God can forgive u............. Yes, God can forgive u, He is a merciful God, just be sincerely repentant and ask for forgiveness, He will surely forgive u.
3. Feeling guilty and ashamed..... It is normal, it shows dt u are truely repentant, make ur repentance stronger by going to God in prayer and decide never to do it again.
4. How u can stop..........DECIDE to stop......it takes DECISION, DETERMINATION AND SELF-CONTROL.
I was never in your condition, but i believe dt if u decide and detrmine to stop, with self-control and God by your side, u will win over it.
MayGod help u.......... Amen.

Amen. Thank you. I find this so encouraging. The point is am so ashamed to ask for forgiveness. Can I talk to someone about it? Cos I feel too weak and ashamed to pray-feels like God won't take me serious. I hate the day I met this boy who introduced me to it way back in college.
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by greatgod2012(f): 2:50pm On Dec 06, 2012
@ op, my bros, u dont have to feel ashamed to talk to your God, God is not like man, who will make jest of u when u confide in them, God is merciful, He is even happy for ypu now, do not write yourself off, he is able and willing to forgive u, it is not necessary for u to tell somebody, but if u feel so, look for a very trusted friend and confide in him/her, even for u to take that bold step to confess on a public forum like this, means u are ready to change and God will help u.
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2012
wetgate2010:
Masturbation is sinful. I've been doing it for the past nine years and have been with this guilt all along. Now I can hardly pray cos I feel so guilty . Am about to get married. What do I do to stop this? Someone told me that once am married, it'll stop since I already have wife to have sex with. Can God still forgive me given that I've abused his grace time and again? I even feel too guilty and ashamed to pray. How do I stop this bad habit? I need help. Anyone with experience and matured responses will help. Thanks.

I don't really have advice for you. In fact I find this so disgusting but then I felt I needed to at least leave a question, or two. So, you knew it was wrong from the beginning, 9 years in fact, yet you continued?? All that time, where was this guilt of yours? Why mention God at all? I mean how do you continue to pray to God with guilt in your heart? How??

Now you claim you are married, but you have also realized that you probably do a better job "self-servicing" than you can with your wife, is that it?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
What is self- servicing?!!!
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
wetgate2010:

Wow! Why are u crucifying yourself before your death? undecided

jidegirl12: What is self- servicing?!!!

Mas.turbation
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by baby124: 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by slimyem: 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
jidegirl12: Lasinosh are you okay atall? Okay you got the attention you needed... I see youuu and crawl back to where you came from.... seriously grow up angry too early fir me to be angry grin
That's her style...it shouldn't get you angry.

@op Marriage can't stop any addiction which is what your ma$turbation issue has become.
You can only lose it if you make a conscious effort to.
Btw,you make it sound like you committed murder...
Stop being so hard on yourself!
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 06, 2012
Tee thank you jare grin

Slim yeah thanks ..... now I get it grin
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by wetgate2010: 9:48pm On Dec 06, 2012
Clem45: l am a victim for many years,that you are still doing it is an evidence that you still love it.The first step is to start hating it and go for deliverance.Anything u hate u do not do.MARRIAGE OR NO MARRIAGE IT CANNOT CHANGE.

Thanks Clems: talking of deliverance, I've been weighing this option recently, cos I think apart from my own efforts-prayers, which I've started and working on my psyche, I think I'm in need of some divine help. How do u suggest I handle this? Meet my pastor? Or visit a prayer house?I'm just afraid they might complicate the issue for me.
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by dayokanu(m): 9:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
It depends.

Why were you w@@nkinggg in the first place, if marriage can satisfy what you are missing

Also if its a sin, It also depends. If you are waanking with the right hand its a big sin, But if na left hand you use its not

Also if you use soap vs if you use vaseline also matters

Check this stadium below for your type of people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wankdorf_Stadium

1 Like

Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by SisiKill1: 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2012
LMFAO!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by greatgod2012(f): 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2012
wetgate2010:

Amen. Thank you. I find this so encouraging. The point is am so ashamed to ask for forgiveness. Can I talk to someone about it? Cos I feel too weak and ashamed to pray-feels like God won't take me serious. I hate the day I met this boy who introduced me to it way back in college.

Dont be ashamed to go God in prayer, He is our God, "a present help in times of trouble" but u have to forgive yourself first, stop getting too hard with yourself, approah God in prayers, if confiding in a person will help to relieve u, then look for a very trusted friend and confide in him. God is a merciful God, He is willing and able to forgive, but if he forgives u and u refuse to forgive yourself, u are killing yourself spiritually and gradually. Stop blaming d time or d person that introduced it to u, d most important thing is dt u want to stop, so decide, determine to stop. May God help u....... Amen
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by slimyem: 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2012
dayokanu: It depends.

Why were you w@@nkinggg in the first place, if marriage can satisfy what you are missing

Also if its a sin, It also depends. If you are waanking with the right hand its a big sin, But if na left hand you use its not

Also if you use soap vs if you use vaseline also matters

Check this stadium below for your type of people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wankdorf_Stadium
Lmao...
my belle o...cheesygringrin
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by oyarose(f): 11:20pm On Dec 06, 2012
@kobojunkie, If you do not have an advice for this fellow, why not read and them pass jeje... what is you point now, He needed a way forward out of a problem and you are here passing judgment.
@OP, Listen we all are sinners and living our lives no more by Law rather, we are all saved by grace. Everyone including the clergy men we respect all have one sorts of sin in their life. It doesn't matter how long you want to change and then go back to your old habit. Anytime you make a decision to stop and you see yourself going back to it, just pick up strength and fall on your knees and confess your sins to God. JESUS is a ever loving and forgiving to accept you back. Remember, we all are saved by GRACE. My advice as per your habit is to asked the HOLY-SPIRIT come and reside in you and take total control of you. When that evil thought comes back, simply resist THE devil and see how renewed in mind you will feel. Have constant fellowship by praying and studying the word of God. Genuinely REPENT and give your life back to JESUS and mean it. Focus on your wife and let her know your situation 2 help you in prayers. Finally, ignore any negative comment cos lots of people on this forum have worse lifestyles that they will never disclose, yet Christ sees it and yet forgive. God will help and see you through.
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by coogar: 11:34pm On Dec 06, 2012
Lasinoh: Hell no! It only makes it better! cool
Sometimes. . . my husband just wants to watch me. . . . to add a little spice! It makes me go longer in the bedroom after 'releasing' the initial excitement!

It teaches us how to use our fingers as pleasure tools in the bedroom. I love to watch my husband too. . . it gives me an idea of 'how he likes things done' with my fingers! wink

When I am not in the mood to deal with others with ganja/alcohol-induced 'ere-ctile' dysfunction after round 4. . . or after recovering from the shock of dealing with penile midgets. . . . I just service myself and go to sleep for some peace of mind! Easy! kiss

this lasinoh na comedy central grin grin

wetgate2010:

when you were wänking in those 9 years, did you have a partner? if you did then expect the habit to continue. if you didn't, then maybe you have some hope. don't be too hard on yourself - there's nothing wrong with pleasing yourself - you might have saved yourself prostate cancer in your active years of wänking!
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by coogar: 11:34pm On Dec 06, 2012
double post...
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by weaseloo: 3:33am On Dec 07, 2012
@OP

How do you go to God when you are ashamed?
Tell Him how you feel- Dear God, I have sinned all these years, I am ashamed to come to you. Help me to stop this sin and forgive me...
Talk to God just like you talk to anyone. He hears!
You need to BELIEVE that His mercy is overflowing, then He will start working in you. Faith!

You can open to any page in the Bible too and look for any verse that would inspire you.

Ignore all the insulting posts here. They are probably worse than you but won't admit it.
Re: Does Marraige Stops One From Masturbating? by ifyalways(f): 8:42am On Dec 07, 2012
It depends!
it sure would get better after marriage ONLY if your spouse knows and joins in the whole show. Both can tease and pleasure themselves. All things are honourable in marriage so long as there is mutual consent, enjoyable and pain free.

It becomes a bondage, burden when you have to "hide" because your spouse won't accept, join or tolerate it. In such situations, its best to stop.

Marriage does not automatically stop mas.Tur.BAtion. It will either get better or worst after marriage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Among You Men Can Change Your Baby's Diaper For Your Wife / Anjie Cakes And Confectionery(OBJ'S BIRTHDAY CAKE) / Does Ones Wife Sleeping With Another Man Has Spiritual Effect On The Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.