Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller (7961 Views)

Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) / Trailer Of Render To Caeser: A Nigerian Crime Drama / Trailer Of 'The Four Boys' (An Aluu 4 Movie) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller by ijebabe: 9:46am On Dec 07, 2012
To see other good Nigerian movies the below link should help you get started. It hasn't been updated in weeks but a good start.

https://www.nairaland.com/985613/half-yellow-sun-best-nigerian
Re: Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller by Sike(m): 11:04am On Dec 07, 2012
Good Good Good.
Re: Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 07, 2012
Realgablj: Make sense movie toh bad... High resolution, unlike d non sense afirca magic dramas...
Checkout http:///SQUXxI and http:///SQUXO7
People still watch AM? undecided....you must have endured a lot angry grin . Its like those guys deliberately show the bad movies. Or the good producers can't accept the chicken amount they pay for movies lol

dick hardener: Can anyone possibly tell me where I can get these movies in the U.S preferrably in Chicago. Figurine, phone swap, Mr & Mrs, Last flight to Abuja, Mrs somebody, Ije,, Amina, Lions of 76, The meeting. Cheers.
if to say in the UK....I could have helped with stores and cinemas....but USA....nollywood is not finding it easy...lol.
but maybe I can be of little help anyway.
Most of the movies you mentioned are still running at the cinemas. But the figurine is out on DVD already and you can get it from various online stores (you can follow 'Golden effects pictures' on twitter to ask for more info). Meanwhile, ije:the journey just got released on DVD this Monday and you can also get it at online stores.....
You can visit this thread to find out more about ije: https://www.nairaland.com/1120544/ije-journey-released-dvd-how I hope I've been able to help smiley

lynx200: I have seen the trailer and I have to say ......
I think the idumota/pound road guys should just merge themselves together to establish a proper studio(and stop all those 'God is good' productions limited) and start making good movies as no one will want to invest in any of them even if they source for funds (cos everyone will be scaréd of 419 lol) unlike studios like Golden effects, mainframe, royal arts academy etc which its pretty easy for them to get individuals and companies to invest in their movies because of the reputation they have.
So My candid advice is...they should merge themselves in a kinda partnership groups...combine resources and give something fabulous! Orelse, the poor flicks they make should be banned.

Another thing I noticed is that we are the one encouraging the bad movies cos those are the movies most people watch. That's why the actors of the bad flicks are more popular. Eg...when we talk of mj, Tonto, ini edo etc....we say those are nollywood divas ( even though some are switching. We knew them thru the bad films...even genny and omoT)....now let's talk about Nse, Iretiola Doyle, Omoni Oboli, Linda, Damilola Adegbite etc....(who selects only roles in a good production), most peeps never heard of the names before. Now you see what I'm saying? Nigerians have encouraged the bad productions all these while. The only way is to stop buying those roadside flicks...at the same time, we should embrace and encourage the responsible ones. Cheers
Re: Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 07, 2012
dick hardener: na WA o... Guy, die dey hungry u which one be shoot me shoot me matter na. Na the new slang be that?
I tire o! May be she wan die true true grin
Re: Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 07, 2012
Here i was thinkin a #8M Productn wont meet cinemas standard cos of The figurine budget-#50M.
I'm highly impressed wit this new revolution in Nollywood.. Cant wait 2 start mine in January:-)
Re: Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller by dickhardener: 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2012
speedyboi:
People still watch AM? undecided....you must have endured a lot angry grin .

if to say in the UK....I could have helped with stores and cinemas....but USA....nollywood is not finding it easy...lol.
but thanks maybe I can be of little help anyway.
Most of the movies you mentioned are still running at the cinemas. But the figurine is out on DVD already and you can get it from various online stores (you can follow 'Golden effects pictures' on twitter to ask for more info). Meanwhile, ije:the journey just got released on DVD this Monday and you can also get it at online stores.....
You can visit this thread to find out more about ije: https://www.nairaland.com/1120544/ije-journey-released-dvd-how I hope I've been able to help Cheers
thanks much
Re: Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2012
dick hardener: thanks much

You are most welcome....smiley

@Ijebabe....abeg, is it wrong to embed images in nl posts....cos I've noticed that recently whenever I do it, my post gets hidden? It seems nl server mistake it as spam or sométhing.

Anyway...I got pictures of the movie scenes of 'awakening'...lemme try to upload one or two....since we can't paste it directly again

Re: Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller by ijebabe: 6:31pm On Dec 07, 2012
Yup the bot marks those images as spam so try to avoid as much as possible.
Re: Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller by dustydee: 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
check the newspaper at 1.11 and make it better. No need repeating one paragraph over and over again. also the title of the article reads vodocom while the text reads vodacom. I hope the company has no problem with that?
Re: Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller by dustydee: 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2012
dick hardener:
grin grin grin
Re: Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller by ijebabe: 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
dustydee: check the newspaper at 1.11 and make it better. No need repeating one paragraph over and over again. also the title of the article reads vodocom while the text reads vodacom. I hope the company has no problem with that?
I did not notice that, hehehehe!
Anywhere else with proper laws would have sued or fined them but it's 9ja. At the same time, no one will read the fine print and Vodocom is what stands out and is not illegal, at first glance.
How did you spot that? You're weird.
Re: Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 07, 2012
ijebabe:
I did not notice that, hehehehe!
Anywhere else with proper laws would have sued or fined them but it's 9ja. At the same time, no one will read the fine print and Vodocom is what stands out and is not illegal, at first glance.
How did you spot that? You're weird.

Funny I noticed all what he said as well...lol....I just didn't talk knowing how critical some people could be.
Re: Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller by hawkvision: 2:36pm On Dec 14, 2012
@ my man 50calibre, you dey vex o! on the surface you seem to make sense as regards the pointless scripts in Nollywood but i suggest you give credit where it is due, comparing Nollywood to Hollywood which has been making big screen movies for almost a century with ridiculous budgets and still gets flops every now and then is a rather unfair comparison. the Titanic which was quoted somewhere in the post also had mad errors including cameraman visibility which is virtually unforgivable, but Celine Dion was singing too loud so we couldn't focus on the bloody film but moving on, Cameron didn't start with an Avatar budget he had to make low budget movies for studios to even take a chance with his creativity. Might be too early to judge but I would sooner invest in the young man who shot this movie than the crap Ive been watching in Nollywood for quite a while now. as Nigerians we no dey carry last hence we are eager to make judgement on our own. errors on big movie budgets can be forgiven but our local attempts are thrown out the window without regard for a fair attempt.
I've been in the production industry and I'm pretty sure the Movie cost a lot more than 50k, because that barely covers the cost of rent for some of the equipment for one day shoot.
lynx200 is quite correct as we are the ones encouraging the madness in the industry(we even have a channel for it - christ!) if people just don't watch it, they just wont make it

and Figurine sucks by the way, dont see the hype grin
Re: Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller by megadony(m): 12:55pm On Feb 17, 2013
Wait oo! undecidedI Ŋo̶̷̩̥̊͡ even undastand d film sef lipsrsealed.gurl+sand+dreaming-boy+evil+police ..even tattoo..which kind storyline dem dy try portray sef..on gudd graphics... Naija movie jus tire me
Re: Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller by dubem3(m): 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
NessaFresh:

Yeah God movies

Now they're makin Satan's

LoooL I know its a typo

lol...i just got to see this
abeg na mistake oh
Nessa you sef...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rukky Sanda &van Vicker Remove Clothes Completely & Get Rough In Bath Tub[photo] / Netflix & UNESCO African Folktales Short Film Competition: Winners To Get $100k / Ramsey Nouah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.