Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,083 members, 7,867,120 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:58 AM

Dr. Dre Ranks As Forbes' Highest-paid Musician, At $100 Million - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dr. Dre Ranks As Forbes' Highest-paid Musician, At $100 Million (520 Views)

Beats By Dr. Dre Monster Headphones For Music Professionals And Music Lovers / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Dre Ranks As Forbes' Highest-paid Musician, At $100 Million by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2012
[img]http://s1.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20121129&t=2&i=679588654&w=320&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=CBRE8AS1SIZ00[/img]

(Reuters) - You may be singing "Call Me Maybe" or dancing "Gangnam Style" to this year's music, but it was veteran hip-hop artist Dr. Dre who topped Forbes' list of the 25 highest-paid musicians in 2012, released on Thursday.

California native Dre, 47, became one of the leading names in hip-hop and rap in the early 1990s and has worked with artists including Eminem and Snoop Dogg.

Along with his extensive back catalog, Dre's lucrative headphones business, Beats by Dre, helped him gross $100 million in pre-tax earnings according to Forbes.

The list's top 10 was dominated by veteran musicians, with Pink Floyd's bassist and singer Roger Waters coming in at No. 2 with earnings of $88 million from his lucrative The Wall Live tour, and British singer Elton John at No. 3 with $80 million.

Last year's highest-paid musicians U2 landed at No. 4 this year with combined earnings of $78 million from their three-year 360 tour. 1990s British boy band Take That, who reformed in 2005, rounded out the top five with $69 million, earned from an eight-date tour at London

(1) (Reply)

Download "Break My Heart" By An Upcoming Artist From Bonny Island R/S / NEW MUSIC ALERT!!!! Olu Maintain “Hypnotize Me” featuring Olivia & Big A. / Who Is A Better Artiste, Michael Jackson Or Akon? Read First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.