Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? (1619 Views)

End of story. / Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? / Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Ozegbe(m): 5:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
i really dont intend to get married but i want to have children..so what must i do in other not to offend religion?
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2012
Does the above question even make sense to you? @Poster

If you are trying to make your own rules, what do you need religion for?

1 Like

Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by tpia1: 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
your life, your choices.
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by emilyone(f): 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie: Does the above question even make sense to you? @Poster

If you are trying to make your own rules, what do you need religion for?
poster wants to eat his cake and have it back

1 Like

Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Ozegbe(m): 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2012
c'mon you're getting me wrong here...i posted on this forum a while ago about my doubt of ever getting married...seeing the people around me, family, friends, neighbours. i have hardly see people who are truly happy in their marriage....the percentage of those happy with their life after 3-5 years of their wedding is just too low...the religion factor comes into play becos as a christain not getting married and having children is totally against the teachings of the bible. thats why i ask the question
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ozegbe: c'mon you're getting me wrong here...i posted on this forum a while ago about my doubt of ever getting married...seeing the people around me, family, friends, neighbours. i have hardly see people who are truly happy in their marriage....the percentage of those happy with their life after 3-5 years of their wedding is just too low...[b]the religion factor comes into play becos as a christain not getting married and having children is totally against the teachings of the bible. thats why i ask the questio[/b]n

Again, you want to make our own rules, why do you need Christianity then? If Christianity says NO to what you are trying to do, doesn't common sense tell you that means you will probably have to drop Christianity completely so you can follow your own rules? Is this really hard to figure out?
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Ozegbe(m): 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Again, you want to make our own rules, why do you need Christianity then? If Christianity says NO to what you are trying to do, doesn't common sense tell you that means you will probably have to drop Christianity completely so you can follow your own rules? Is this really hard to figure out?
You ain't helping
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ozegbe:
You ain't helping

How exactly do you need to be helped here?
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Ozegbe(m): 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

How exactly do you need to be helped here?
dont really know! but i was kind of hoping to get a well thought out advice from someone. Maybe you need to think about my post very well and get back to me.
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ozegbe:
dont really know! but i was kind of hoping to get a well thought out advice from someone. Maybe you need to think about my post very well and get back to me.

Advice on what? How you can re-write the Bible, and Christianity as a whole, to fit your life-style of choice? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 06, 2012
Aww how I wish men could get pregnant. grin Women with your issues just go to the sperm bank, and voila baby surfaces. grin
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by slimyem: 6:50pm On Dec 06, 2012
You already know that your religion doesnt exactly support having children outside matrimony and you want to take the course and still not want to "offend" religion?
What's more important to you?
What your religion dictates or what you want?
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 06, 2012
It's your call OP , really nothing in life comes easy, everybody's just going with the flow and making the best out of life .... as per marriage Whatever rocks your boat but if you're willing to share opinions and decisions and responsibilities with another person from different background ( hubby) , then go for it smiley but if not , think again undecided
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by jmoore(m): 8:31pm On Dec 06, 2012
@op go and adopt.
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by baby124: 9:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
you can do anything you want, as long as the other party know and understands fully the terms and conditions. Dont con anyone into your lifestyle.
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by dayokanu(m): 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2012
There is a way, I dont think Ifa religion objects to what you want

or better still start your own new religion and make it a law.

But your current question barely makes sense, Its like asking how can I drive 100miles/hr on a road that states 65m/hr without offending the law

2 Likes

Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by tpia1: 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2012
if tuface and k solo could do it, why cant you.

all you need is to not use a condom, find women, etc etc.

btw are you rich, or who pays for the children's expenses.
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by greatgod2012(f): 10:59pm On Dec 06, 2012
To me, its like you are avoiding the responsibility that is associated with wedding ceremony.

May i ask, is d woman(ur baby mama) living with u or not?
Who will be responsible for d care of d children?
If u are a woman, will u like to be treated like that?
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Lasinoh: 11:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
Deleted!
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 07, 2012
Ozegbe: c'mon you're getting me wrong here...i posted on this forum a while ago about my doubt of ever getting married...seeing the people around me, family, friends, neighbours. i have hardly see people who are truly happy in their marriage....the percentage of those happy with their life after 3-5 years of their wedding is just too low...the religion factor comes into play becos as a christain not getting married and having children is totally against the teachings of the bible. thats why i ask the question

Dear Ozegbe,

seeing many unhappy marriages around you should NOT be the reason to give up on marriage.

Who knows? Maybe YOUR marriage will be happy.

I understand why the idea of marriage is not desirable for you but you are forgetting HOW HAPPY some married couples are. I'm sure that the happiest single on earth cannot be as happy as a very happy couple. I have read that happily married people are healthier and tend to live longer. Isn't that something? Also, children who grow up with BOTH parents, in a nice and happy home, tend to develop much better. These are two good reasons to NOT give up on marriage EASILY.

All I'm saying is TRY to have a happy marriage. If it doesn'T work out, it doesn't work out. God will not send you to hell if you fail a marriage. That doesn't make you an evil person but it will possibly give you the children you want. Even if they have to grow up with divorced parents, you can still be the best parents ever. I neither think that OUR LORD would send you to hell for having children without marrying if you are else a good person. However, I think you could a least try to grow you and your children a happy family, which I think, is the best and most precious thing in the world if successful. So just set yourself a goal and give it a try. You may win wink

I wish you the best.

Carefreewannabe

1 Like

Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by switdick(m): 1:19am On Dec 07, 2012
LoL@all the sarcastic posts directed@the OP. grin ....op seems strange to me if he's serious though,or is he? LoL again.

@op,awww' My bad,pardon me for having a laugh,its just that prior to now,I thought I was strange with my user name oops sorry "Title",but this your thread? grin

~~Now seriously~~

You have to make tha best of a bad job as regards whatever scares you in marriage,keep your nose to the fu>king grindstone in bonding with you spouse,hence,making you not split hairs"

What could we do for you,advice you to eat your cake and also have it? ....SmH" cuz that's what you wanna hear or read from us,you know your religion kicks against it yet you wanna have kids without tha holy matrimony with your girl,what would we call that,temporary getting together with you girl and having kids "out of wedlock"?

Again grin grin ""EPIC LAUGH"

....,should we change the scriptures or words in your religious book to suit your personal purpose? Son,this is real life and times{Reality} Think about it again and read kobojunkie's posts while @it......
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Callotti: 4:20am On Dec 07, 2012
Duplicate post!
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Ozegbe(m): 9:38pm On Dec 07, 2012
Callotti: Duplicate post!
Please point to the other thread. Thanks
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 08, 2012
Ozegbe: c'mon you're getting me wrong here...i posted on this forum a while ago about my doubt of ever getting married...seeing the people around me, family, friends, neighbours. i have hardly see people who are truly happy in their marriage....the percentage of those happy with their life after 3-5 years of their wedding is just too low...the religion factor comes into play becos as a christain not getting married and having children is totally against the teachings of the bible. thats why i ask the question
it is not against the teachings of the bible,i have not seen anywhere in d bible that says you must get married,its a societal necessity and if you dont want to get married,but have kids thats cool,there are baby mamas out there and there are surrogate mothers out there too.afterall jesus was never married,yet he fulfilled his ministry,paul was never married,he fulfilled his ministry to,stephen,moses,etc,d list goes on,dont let society or peoples opininions stop you from doing whatever u want to do afterall whether u do it or not,people will still give both constructive and useless criticisms just because they want to talk,o i forgot,oprah winfrey isnt married,yet she's fulfilled as well.u better live your life o and make your own rules o
Re: can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 08, 2012
it is not against the teachings of the bible,i have not seen anywhere in d bible that says you must get married,its a societal necessity and if you dont want to get married,but have kids thats cool,there are baby mamas out there and there are surrogate mothers out there too.afterall jesus was never married,yet he fulfilled his ministry,paul was never married,he fulfilled his ministry to,stephen,moses,etc,d list goes on,dont let society or peoples opininions stop you from doing whatever u want to do afterall whether u do it or not,people will still give both constructive and useless criticisms just because they want to talk,o i forgot,oprah winfrey isnt married,yet she's fulfilled as well.u better live your life o and make your own rules o

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Types Of Wives / Guys! Can You Do This? (photo) / Finally My Sins Have Caught Up. The Gods Really Disgraced Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.