Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:14 AM

Caveat Emptor (buyer Beware) Remote Controlle - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Caveat Emptor (buyer Beware) Remote Controlle (466 Views)

Caveat Emptor!!! Another Scamming Technique!!!! Buyers & Sellers Beware!!! / Caveat Emptor!!! LATEST AUTO-SCAM TECHNIQUE / 01-03 Rav4 Transmission/ecu(ecm) Issues (caveat Emptor) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Caveat Emptor (buyer Beware) Remote Controlle by IMAGEMasters: 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ok,i just have to post this because i have done a lot of transactions on naira land and so far i have met a few honest and trust worthy people on here

So this warning goes to buyers of car accessories such as Car keys in form of remote control cards for latest model cars , such as 2011 to 2013.

Ours was just stolen last month (amongst other accessories) on arrival at the Port in lagos.(2013 Range Rover Sport).

According to LAND ROVER UK. Every Range Rover car made from 2012 now has its own remote control car key(card), in other words No two range rover car key/card can work on another range rover even if it is stolen and ''re-programmed'' by any I.T guru and sold to someone else who has a range rover and needs to buy a key for his range rover urgently regardless of its year of manufacture.

Somewhere in this Auto section here to be precise https://www.nairaland.com/786552/mobile-car-key-programmer there is body that covers professional key lock smiths.

we contacted them and they were kind enough to give us all the information we needed as regards getting another key for the car and the cost . But when we told one of them the year of manufacture they were honest enough to tell us that it was impossible to have it done and they suggested we order another key from the manufacturer (which we have done).

But less than 24 hours after we had spoken to someone from the Association , we were contacted by someone else who is not a member of the association and was offering to get us the 2013 Range Rover Sport card keys,in fact he offered to get '''TWO CARD KEYS'' ( original and spare) for 750 thousand naira and have it programmed at the Port where the car was waiting to be delivered. That raised my suspicions and that was why we declined. As far as i am concerned ,the car has been reprogrammed with the new card that was ordered and anyone buying a 2013 range rover sport card key hoping that it will work for their own 2007 - 2012 or 2013 car is wasting money ,and no I.T guru can ever re-programme an already programmed card for another Range Rover . My advice is order a new card from the manufacturer price range is between £250 pounds to £500 depending on the model and year of manufacture and have it programmed specifically for you car by any of the programmers from the association above or better still at COSCHARIS.

So if you happen to come across people offering these kind of sales or services, my advice is you should beware and make sure you are dealing with right people.

(1) (Reply)

New Toks In Stock For Grab This Festive Season @ Wonderful Rate / Clean 2000 Toyota Tundra Tokumbo For 1.17million / Toyota Highlander2003 @adexautos #1.6M 08082368921, 08039226528

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.