Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts (7506 Views)

Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth / Shekarau Defends Jonathan As A Protector Of Muslim Rights / APGA Defends Jonathan’s Adoption As Its 2015 Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by takedat(m): 12:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
GEJ and his cohorts are morally bankrupt hence they see no fuss in fraternising with ex cons'. Even the constitution bars ex cons from contesting for elective positions, this shows that such people should always be avoided like the plague.

Okupe is a big disgrace to the Yoruba race for associating men like Bode George to Awolowo as ex convicts!

5 Likes

Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by lavante(m): 1:03pm On Dec 07, 2012
Demdem: technically, the dog okupe is right. Nothing in our law books suggest its illegal however considering the status of the Retardeen, perception goes a long way. it sends a message, it reveals the mindset of the occupier of aso-rock and determines where his priorities lies.
Show me ur friends and i wil most likely tell u who u are. Below are the core friends of the Retardeen.

Bode "tewonde" George
Alamiseigha
Igbinedion
Asari
Tompolo
Ateke
Boyloaf
Anenih
Etete
Uba etc

Impressive for a leader of a country, isn't it undecided undecided
Demdem: [b]technically, the dog okupe is right. Nothing in our law books suggest its illegal however considering the status of the Retardeen, perception goes a long way. it sends a message, it reveals the mindset of the occupier of aso-rock and determines where his priorities lies.
Show me ur friends and i wil most likely tell u who u are. Below are the core friends of the Retardeen.

Bode "tewonde" George
Alamiseigha
Igbinedion
Asari
Tompolo
Ateke
Boyloaf
Anenih
Etete
Uba etc

[/b]
Demdem: technically, the dog okupe is right. Nothing in our law books suggest its illegal however considering the status of the Retardeen, perception goes a long way. it sends a message, it reveals the mindset of the occupier of aso-rock and determines where his priorities lies.

Bode "tewonde" George
Alamiseigha
Igbinedion
Asari
Tompolo
Ateke
Boyloaf
Anenih
Etete
Uba etc

Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by idirect(m): 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2012
Thunder fire you okupe angry

1 Like

Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by ochukoccna: 1:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
In primary school,I was taught
'Birds of the same feathers,flock together'
And also 'Show me your friends&I'll tell you who you are'
Not forgetting that 'If you lie with dogs,you'll get up with fleas
'Or that a dog will always return to its vomit'
Its no use washing up pigs seeing they always take a beeline for the nearest mud pits after their shower.

2 Likes

Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2012
I thought these persons have all served their prison terms? Should ex-convicts now be barred from walking on certain roads or going to certain places? Are they now less human because they'r ex-convicts? Was the prison term not meant to CORRECT them and make them BETTER citizens once they'r out of prison? The SELF-RIGHTEOUS attitude of some Nigerians is disgusting.
Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by deolumike(m): 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2012

Bode "tewonde" George
Alamiseigha
Igbinedion
Asari
Tompolo
Ateke
Boyloaf
Anenih
Etete
Uba etc

. #sighs#
Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
Please my people, make una help me vote ABIL or ItsModella! God will bless you as you do so. Just type, I vote ABIL or you could also type I vote ItsModella!
Please, I dey beg https://www.nairaland.com/1124978/miss-nairaland-grand-finale/24
Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by takedat(m): 1:24pm On Dec 07, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: I thought these persons have all served their prison terms? Should ex-convicts now be barred from walking on certain roads or going to certain places? Are they now less human because they'r ex-convicts? Was the prison term not meant to CORRECT them and make them BETTER citizens once they'r out of prison? The SELF-RIGHTEOUS attitude of some Nigerians is disgusting.
Guess morality and decency are two words missing in your dictionary. It shows you know nothing of civility and what leadership entails, so you'll probably see nothing wrong with GEJ befriending prosti.tutes and armed robbers since to you being self righteous is disgusting

5 Likes

Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by Pataki: 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
What a foolish country.

When it suits them, they quote the constitution. Retardeen, the constitution states you should declare your assets - he replies: ''I don't give a damn''.

Retardeen why are you keeping rogues and thieves as friends, the constitution does not say I should not keep ex-convicts as friends.

Mad man (Retardeen), keep it up. I know one day, your end will be more disgraceful that than the grace you are enjoying right now. sad

1 Like

Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by IYANGBALI: 1:43pm On Dec 07, 2012
iamswizz: THIS SPACE IS NOT 4 SALE.. Beware of the Mods grin
hmmmmm if seun catch you my hand no dey o
Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2012
take dat: Guess morality and decency are two words missing in your dictionary. It shows you know nothing of civility and what leadership entails, so you'll probably see nothing wrong with GEJ befriending prosti.tutes and armed robbers since to you being self righteous is disgusting
Provided they have repented from their evil ways, I dont have issues with that. Even our Lord Jesus ate with sinners.
Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by koolg: 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2012
Some of the things this guy is saying, he was not sent o. OYO
Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by philips70(m): 1:55pm On Dec 07, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: I thought these persons have all served their prison terms? Should ex-convicts now be barred from walking on certain roads or going to certain places? Are they now less human because they'r ex-convicts? Was the prison term not meant to CORRECT them and make them BETTER citizens once they'r out of prison? The SELF-RIGHTEOUS attitude of some Nigerians is disgusting.

Retrieve your brains fast from that prostitute house you left it. One more day it stays there you will loose it forever! Imbecility is violently knocking on your door. I beg you in the name of God, act fast for your family sake.

1 Like

Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by Dee60: 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2012
Birds of the same feather....
Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by obailala(m): 2:49pm On Dec 07, 2012
philips70:

Retrieve your brains fast from that prostitute house you left it. One more day it stays there you will loose it forever! Imbecility is violently knocking on your door. I beg you in the name of God, act fast for your family sake.
This is very mean! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by philips70(m): 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2012
obailala:
This is very mean! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Its not an easy job defending GEJ and his current goons. Even the almighty BEAF could not survive it. I don't see how these later day minions will survive it. The villa make the job harder for them by the day. Suffice it to say that truck pushing is an easier and better job.

1 Like

Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by tucker12(m): 4:08pm On Dec 07, 2012
Seriously my do we take men like Okupe serious. undecided undecided
Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by nagoma(m): 4:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
" ........Beware in choosing your friends , a man is judged by the company he keeps ...."

Murtala Mohammed ( 1975) addressing military officers and state governors.

What iss morally right is known even if it's not in the constitution. The constitution did not say that the president , his ministers and the assembly members must not walk naked in public, I am sure we may raise more than eyebrows if they do that.
Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by bajosky: 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2012
Còmmon sense is what we need as 9ja to eradicate corruptn .But reflectn shows dat in other for u to survive in d midst of power hungry Generals one must apply wisdom.
The military call it junta/carbal d civilian call it clique. I i see to it as Back-up."d ex-convict u see as enemy b4 are better than d clowns(angels of boko haram sponsors)who are ur key to untimely downfall.

1 Like

Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by jaybee(f): 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2012

just wished @Sincere 9gerian knows what the letter and spirit of 'ex-convict' means.

to okupe, he (and others of his ilk) may do well to read the following sections of the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria to further reaffirm his position as a cheap mischief maker.

sections 66(1)h http:///vHoAS ; 107(1)h http:///3rs9Q ; 137(1)i http:///vOkS3 ; 182(1)i http:///m4HqCc ; Part II of the Fifth Schedule http:///L3DNkC

these and many other sections disqualifies the president, legally and morally, from fraternizing with ex-convicts. Okupe is morally bankrupt. he is someone to be watched by right thinking people.

2 Likes

Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by anonimi: 4:54pm On Dec 07, 2012
omenka: When Dora advocated mental fitness test for political office holders she knew exactly what she was talking about!
It doesn't get worse than this!
Imagin Rupert Madoff being spotted at the White House! Obama would lose his job in a week!

You are joking, right
The US is not a lawless, dog-chop-dog country like Nigeria. Understand
While it is unlikely that Obama will allow the business scammer Rupert Murdoch to visit him in the White House, it is even more improbable that the Congress will [size=13pt]impeach[/size] him for that reason. And on top of that within one week. Haba!!! You tink sey there na selective jungle justice dem dey do?
Okupe is right on the money that the Nigerian law does not forbid such persons from visiting the president.
It is another thing about the implications on the perception of the President's seriousness on the war against corruption, assuming there is any such war in the first instance.
Moreover as I said earlier, in the absence of our mass participation in politics and the respect these rogues continue to command in their local area among those who can deliver votes, GEJ as a smart [size=13pt]Nigerian[/size] politician must find ways to retain their friendship. QED.

Those who cannot live with that reality and YET are not willing to get active to make a change have only one option:

Hug a wet transformer! angry
Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by anonimi: 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2012
jaybee:

to okupe, he (and others of his ilk) may do well to read the following sections of the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria to further reaffirm his position as a cheap mischief maker.

sections 66(1)h http:///vHoAS ; 107(1)h http:///3rs9Q ; 137(1)i http:///vOkS3 ; 182(1)i http:///m4HqCc ; Part II of the Fifth Schedule http:///L3DNkC

these and many other sections disqualifies the president, legally and morally, from fraternizing with ex-convicts. Okupe is morally bankrupt. he is someone to be watched by right thinking people.

Abeg oga constitutional lawyer, next time when you want provide link wey people go read, make sure they are genuine, easily accessible links.
You are free to re-post with valid, direct links to what you want us to read.
Thanks in advance for doing the correct thing asap.
Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by VolvoS60(m): 6:43pm On Dec 07, 2012
anonimi: Okupe's response reflects the reality of Nigerian politics, i.e. you need local godfathers to secure the votes for you in the absence of mass participation (not just to queue & vote) by those who claim to want something better than what we have presently.

Where do you think Tinubu's ACN gets all the money doled out for elections
Who are they giving the money to and for what purpose
We are mostly a bunch of idealist dreamers.

How many people here have [size=13pt]contributed anything meaningful- time, money, efforts,- to a political campaign[/size] at the LG, state or federal level for executive or legislative positions, for altruistic purpose

^^^^Sir, you have a good head on your shoulders.

The things coming out of Nigeria now are clear even to the blind and the deaf (And let us not deceive ourselves, things have been this way for a long time. Its just that past governments were better at covering their filthy tracks and preventing the details of the rot within from filtering out).

Nigeria's governments have always had (and perhaps always will have sad ) nothing but deep contempt for, and an abiding hatred of the people they claim to govern. This is so because Nigerians are talkers and not doers - we talk and talk about change but we do nothing to make it happen.

This government (and the others before it) despises Nigerians because it thinks (nay, it knows sad ) it owes Nigerians nothing. It is not accountable to ordinary Nigerians. It knows Nigerians have lost their sense of self and it despises them for this weakness.

For us to even have this debate (on the propriety of public officers fraternizing with ex-cons) speaks volumes about how far we have fallen.

Nigerians should make no mistake about it: things WILL get even worse until they take their country back from the bandits they willingly handed it over to.

2 Likes

Re: Okupe Defends Jonathan’s Friendship With VIP-ex-convicts by NovusHomo(m): 7:24pm On Dec 07, 2012
WOW! Now, I get it. This government doesn't give a damn about MORALITY in the exercise of political power. We will remember in 2015.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Real Owners Of Oil Blocs In Nigeria - Southerners & Niger Delta Top . / South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! / INEC In Edo Takes Delivery Of Sensitive Materials From CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.