Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba (5717 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Every Illegal Structures In Aba Must Go Down, Vows Dr Ikpeazu (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by obinalihe: 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2012
Giving Aba a “New Face”:
Abia State Government Set to Demolish 1800 Structures in Aba

Abia State governor, Theodore Orji has disclosed that plans have been concluded to demolish 1,800 structures in Aba, the commercial nerve center of the state.

As an explanation for this move, the governor said it is designed to give Aba the new face that the Commercial centre of Abia State ought to wear, just as he said that sixteen roads have been marked for reconstruction in Aba.

The governor’s Chief Press Secretary Ugochukwu Emezue while speaking with Journalists in Abuja explained that governor was on top of governance and development in the state in this 2nd term. He however argued that allegation that the governor was not performing came as a result of the fact that he never met anything on ground to build on, adding that the governor spent his first term in litigation over his election as the substantive governor.

Emezue also disclosed that one of the things hindering performance in Abia State was the N30 billion loan that the governor at the moment was servicing; he said the debt was inherited from the previous administration of Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/12/giving-aba-a-new-face-abia-state-government-set-to-demolish-1800-structures-in-aba.html
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2012
Propaganda machine in motion. Just don't destroy the livelyhood of people you haven't touched in any way

2 Likes

Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by ITbomb(m): 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2012
Hope there will be compesation
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by alfredo4u(m): 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
Is only God dat wil punish him. He has not paid my uncles in d lga for ove 3mnth. Now, to demolish is wat he knows. I send Holy Ghost fire to catch ur house now...
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by baby124: 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2012
alfredo4u: Is only God dat wil punish him. He has not paid my uncles in d lga for ove 3mnth. Now, to demolish is wat he knows. I send Holy Ghost fire to catch ur house now...
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. ROTFLMAO
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by nneh1(f): 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2012
Please is it houses , canopies or batchers he wants to demolish. Infact maybe gutters. T. A, T. A, T. A ORJI. Take time.
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by nneh1(f): 4:45pm On Dec 07, 2012
[quote author=obinalihe].

As an explanation for this move, the governor said it is designed to give Aba the new face that the Commercial centre of Abia State ought to wear. Please T. A. Orji when will you pay the medical doctors in your state esp aba? 6 months no salary. Na waoh.
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by klax(m): 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2012
alfredo4u: Is only God dat wil punish him. He has not paid my uncles in d lga for ove 3mnth. Now, to demolish is wat he knows. I send Holy Ghost fire to catch ur house now...

Bros dont mind this thing called Orji but wait for a second why is it that the present day governors all they know well to do is demolition, destruction and so on in the name of development may God save us.
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by 1shortblackboy: 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2012
For how long do u guys want d streets of nigeria lined with ugly illegal structures
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by salafiyy: 5:00pm On Dec 07, 2012
ORJI HAS FINALLY GOTTEN A ROLE MODEL
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by Akbee(m): 5:00pm On Dec 07, 2012
I think uncle orji shud be reminded that his people dont realy need wot he is about to do but GOOD GOVERNANCE,backed up with EFFECTIVE RESPRESENTATION.
How many jobs opportunities has e created?how many projects has he commissioned so far?perhaps he wants to make his mark in history as a BULLDOZING GOVERNOR,wana take after el rufai?
I know quiet well that the HAVES-NOT are going to be badly affected.The people of Abia have bn frustrated and nd no more of that.they nd u to turn a new leaf Obro.change now or u wont be reembered for good governance but DESTRUCTION
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by alfredo4u(m): 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2012
klax:

Bros dont mind this thing called Orji but wait for a second why is it that the present day governors all they know well to do is demolition, destruction and so on in the name of development may God save us.

For other state, is undastandable becos they will compasate u. But T.A is wicked.
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
T.A Orji is the definition of MUMU... How many shops did he destroy inside ariaria market now tell me what he build. how many houses did he smash along okigwe road and what did he build after that? The man na the worst mumu i have ever seen

1 Like

Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
Is Abia not made up of 1799 structures? Where did he get the last 1?

Nice. Time to rebuild dirty Abia from scratch.

1 Like

Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by trix1: 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2012
This governor is a HUGE joke!! All we hear is what he wants to do... He hasn't even commissioned ordinary bore-hole sef.. Yeye dey smell..
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by asala1: 5:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Is Abia not made up of 1799 structures? Where did he get the last 1?

Nice. Time to rebuild dirty Abia from scratch.

grin grin grin grin you wan trouble this evening abi?
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by braine(m): 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2012
And people will say that the Lagos state government is not setting the pace for other states to learn from.
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by remmyton(f): 5:27pm On Dec 07, 2012
Did I hear say 1800

last time I heard, theodore orji is d worst eastern governor. hmm
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by Nightshift(m): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2012
Late Gov. Sam Onunaka Mbakwe brought modernity to Aba central without demolishing a single house. Existing Enyimba city major roads /streets are wide enough for reconstruction without sacking people from their homes. Gov. Orji often struck me like someone with a squirrel's mind....
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by 80million1: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
#speechless#
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by slimchimex(m): 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
so T.A has finally come to his senses,i pray he'll do just as he said cos Aba is d definition of "Slump"....Still can beliv pple live in dat dirty environment...
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by slimchimex(m): 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
so T.A has finally come to his senses,i pray he'll do just as he said cos Aba is d definition of "Slump"....Still can't beliv pple live in dat dirty environment...
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by toprealman: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2012
Government of Orji uzor, which you were not part of? Yes Aba lacks any definitive plan but TA is not the man for this job.
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by Lordave: 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2012
If that is going to give Aba a new look' fine.
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by qualified(f): 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2012
Did anybody notice his lame excuse for non-performance? He did not meet anything on ground to build on, is it for d 1st tenure or for this 2nd tenure?

The award for d most wicked clueless non-performing governor of d century goes to u: Thief After Orji!

Salaries are not paid, pensioners are neglected, Aba is a heap of refuse and all Abians get is Noise.

God is watching

1 Like

Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by brightk(m): 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2012
make una nor mind that guy jor... u nid 2 si all the posters in abia state tagged****OCHENDU IS WORKING tongue grin. go to umuahia north lga. they pay them salaries by hands..everybody standing on queue to collect salaries. they are even owing four months yet e won do demolish piple livelihood.. they are even owing me four months ppa allowance.....

..............OCHENDU IS WORKING..........
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by DANILSA(m): 6:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
agbari socket: well igbos no get sense/
READ UR STATEMENT AGAIN AND DEFEND OR CORRECT UR IGNORANCE
Re: Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba by DANILSA(m): 6:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
remmyton: Did I hear say 1800

last time I heard, theodore orji is d worst eastern governor. hmm
LAST TIME I CHECKED HE WAS THE WORST IN NIGERIA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Igbo man & two Hausa Men Dead In Owerri / BREAKING: Senate Moves To Disqualify Amaechi / Reports: Several Military And Police Helicopters Surround Nnamdi Kanu's Compound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.