Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Ask A Muslim/somali - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ask A Muslim/somali (38093 Views)

Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) / The Somali/ethiopian People / Somali Food! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia5: 11:47am On Dec 08, 2012
any questions are welcome
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 08, 2012
somalia5: any questions are welcome

Who would win a fight between spiderman and batman?
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia5: 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2012
fellis:

Who would win a fight between spiderman and batman?

spiderman would win.

Which one of those aids invested african tribal countries do you hail from?
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 08, 2012
somalia5:

spiderman would win.
Which one of those aids invested african tribal countries do you hail from?

Calm down somali dude....

Ok let me ask legit questions now.

1. What is the difference between somaliland and somalia?

2. It appears that somalians think they are superior to other africans. Why is that?
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia5: 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
fellis:

Calm down somali dude....

Ok let me ask legit questions now.

1. What is the difference between somaliland and somalia?

2. It appears that somalians think they are superior to other africans. Why is that?

OK. black one.

Somaliland is the northwestern region of somalia. They are ethnic somalis and are muslims like all somalis. When the central government in somalia fell, the south decended into chaos and those in the north chose to take part in forming a government that controlled their area. but greedy politicians decided they wanted their own country. But luckily the majority of the somalis there want 1 SOMALIA. and all of them need a somali passport to go anywhere, cause somaliland is not a internationally recognised country. at best its a rogue state within the somalination. because it has one clan of somalis that live there, they have more stability, further more since that region is less populated it doesnt really get much attention. The capital of somalia, Mogadishu has as many people than the entire region of somalialand.

Somalis are proud people. Thus they look down on all people. Somalis dont claim Arab despite being in the Arab league. We dont claim black, since we dont look like black people. But some somalis get upset when black people cliam them, because they see this as undermining their beutiful people and history in exchange for being called black, which usually comes attached with the baggage of slavery and the weird customs that are immoral in our culture.

Ethiopians and eritreans do look down on blacks too. But since somalia is one ethnicity and ethiopia and eritrea are multiethnic you tend to get more attention on somalis because of this.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2012
modified. smiley
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2012
somalia5:

OK. black one.
Somaliland is the northwestern region of somalia. They are ethnic somalis and are muslims like all somalis. When the central government in somalia fell, the south decended into chaos and they chose to take part in forming a government that controlled their area. but greedy politicians decided they wanted their own country. But luckily the majority of the somalis there want 1 SOMALIA. and all of them need a somali passport to go anywhere, cause somaliland is not a internationally recognised country. at best its a rogue state within the somalination. because it has one clan of somalis that live there, they have more stability, further more since that region is less populated it doesnt really get much attention. The capital of somalia, Mogadishu has as many people than the entire region of somalialand.

Thank you for answering.If it somaliland isn't internationally recognised then those there might as well consider themselves to be somalians.
Their segregation isn't doing anything to foster the unity we need as Africans.
Also,where does the present somaliland stem from? Is it the former italian somaliland or british somaliland?

Somalis are proud people. Thus they look down on all people. Somalis dont claim Arab despite being in the Arab league. We dont claim black, since we dont look like black people. [But some somalis get upset when black people cliam them, because they see this as undermining their beutiful people and history in exchange for being called black, which usually comes attached with the baggage of slavery and the weird customs that are immoral in our culture.
Ethiopians and eritreans do look down on blacks too. But since somalia is one ethnicity and ethiopia and eritrea are multiethnic you tend to get more attention on somalis because of this.

Thanks again. I have seen many pictures of somalians that are dark-skinned, why do many of you refuse to accept that you don't look like black people?
@bolded,what weird customs are you talking about?
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia5: 1:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
Somaliland just means somali land.

Black is a color or culture that some choose who dont know what their ethnicity is. Somalis come in all shades of color but can easily be identified from black people.

Because our culture prides itself in knowing your clan and lineage, no sane somali would think of taking the word black to label themselves at the expense of somali. Most blacks are not muslim nor do they have societies that we somalis would consider culturally modest or inline with islamic doctrine.

Blacks in american and in africa have practices that are against islam. Then their is the Look that blacks have, somethings somalis, ethiopians find demonic. IMO when i see african people who have negroid features it looks very ugly to me. This is somethings somalis and most horners always believed thousands of years before whites came to the horn. SOMALIS in particular owned slaves for hundreds of years, these slaves were negroid and to this day they are treated like third class citizens. No ethnic somali is allowed to marry or date with these blacks. Somali word for black is very derogatory and we use the word black to refer to other africans.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 6:11am On Dec 16, 2012
somalis are worst people. they are hard headed, dumb, weird
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 6:22am On Dec 16, 2012
loveafrica: somalis are worst people. they are hard headed, dumb, weird

am glad you got that off your chest.

1. HARD HEADED- we are very proud of this. If your people were hard headed maybe you wouldnt be enslaved and your children wouldnt be in america shooting each other over shoes.

2. WEIRD- thats an opinion, whats weird to one is normal to another, culture, religion, history make things that are unfamiliar to one, weird to another, and normal for others.

ANY QUESITONS, JUST ASK
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 6:38am On Dec 16, 2012
somalia9:

am glad you got that off your chest.

1. HARD HEADED- we are very proud of this. If your people were hard headed maybe you wouldnt be enslaved and your children wouldnt be in america shooting each other over shoes.

2. WEIRD- thats an opinion, whats weird to one is normal to another, culture, religion, history make things that are unfamiliar to one, weird to another, and normal for others.

ANY QUESITONS, JUST ASK

im not black but still it is wrong to insult black people because of historical slavery or whaterver. that is too low. nations rise and fall. it is not permanent. somalis should believe in this otherwise you guys are in big trouble.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 6:44am On Dec 16, 2012
loveafrica:

im not black but still it is wrong to insult black people because of historical slavery or whaterver. that is too low. nations rise and fall. it is not permanent. somalis should believe in this otherwise you guys are in big trouble.

Well every nation has ups and downs. But to be willingly enslaved and sold to whites by your own people is so backward that it can only be done by negroids.

Somalis have had thousands of years of history. A decade of conflict in which we are fighting foreign meddling actually goes to show you that despite western interferances we will stand up to them even it means having no government rather than having a government installed by the west.

SLAVERY is always gonna be all i think about when i think of blacks. These people shoot each other over shoes in america, but cant do a thing to the people who enslaved them. Where was all this heart when they were picking cotton?

i have no respect for blacks, honestly. They have no self respect. Just now i am reading a thread about how IGBOS are related to jews, wtf.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 6:51am On Dec 16, 2012
somalia9:

Well every nation has ups and downs. But to be willingly enslaved and sold to whites by your own people is so backward that it can only be done by negroids.

Somalis have had thousands of years of history. A decade of conflict in which we are fighting foreign meddling actually goes to show you that despite western interferances we will stand up to them even it means having no government rather than having a government installed by the west.

SLAVERY is always gonna be all i think about when i think of blacks. These people shoot each other over shoes in america, but cant do a thing to the people who enslaved them. Where was all this heart when they were picking cotton?

i have no respect for blacks, honestly. They have no self respect. Just now i am reading a thread about how IGBOS are related to jews, wtf.

somali people are in worst situation. how can you even say something against others? don't you feel shame? most of the world has a very low opinion about somalia.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 6:55am On Dec 16, 2012
loveafrica:

somali people are in worst situation. how can you even say something against others? don't you feel shame? most of the world has a very low opinion about somalia.

Well to be honest this is what you will never understand about Somalis. We dont care about what the world thinks. We dont change our selves or culture because of some one else.

Our country's economy is better than neighboring countries, our inflation is low, we are good in buisness and taken over markets in kenya, and ethiopia. We have two ethnic countries that are somali, DJBIOUTI, AND SOMALIA.

Somalia has been peaceful and has had democratric elections. And we have a great history of never bowing down to outsiders.

BUT you will always be known as those who sold your own people to whites, and then when the slaves came to america they worked for free for 400 years untill white people felt bad and freed those slaves. LMAO

that is the worst. HAVING NO HISTORY IS WORSE.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by morpheus24: 6:57am On Dec 16, 2012
Why do you guys have buck teeth?

How many dentists are there in Somali?

Do Somali people go to the dentist?

Why do you have elongated limb porportions>

Boy I have so many questions?
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 6:59am On Dec 16, 2012
morpheus24: Why do you guys have buck teeth?

How many dentists are there in Somali?

Do Somali people go to the dentist?

Why do you have elongated limb porportions>

Boy I have so many questions?

We dont have buck teeth, i dont even know that that is. I do know we do have a high forehead, so do other horners, and in many parts of the world having a high forehead is seen as noble.

any real questions, i will try to answer.

I like my look and the look of somalis, i wouldnt trade it for anything.

better than looking like this

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 7:06am On Dec 16, 2012
somalia9:

Well to be honest this is what you will never understand about Somalis. We dont care about what the world thinks. We dont change our selves or culture because of some one else.

Our country's economy is better than neighboring countries, our inflation is low, we are good in buisness and taken over markets in kenya, and ethiopia. We have two ethnic countries that are somali, DJBIOUTI, AND SOMALIA.

Somalia has been peaceful and has had democratric elections. And we have a great history of never bowing down to outsiders.

BUT you will always be known as those who sold your own people to whites, and then when the slaves came to america they worked for free for 400 years untill white people felt bad and freed those slaves. LMAO

that is the worst. HAVING NO HISTORY IS WORSE.

i told you i am not black but still i will say you are showing signs of that hard headedness i refered to. how do somalis have history?? their history is not significant. it cannot be compared to any major civilization.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by morpheus24: 7:08am On Dec 16, 2012
somalia9:

We dont have buck teeth, i dont even know that that is. I do know we do have a high forehead, so do other horners, and in many parts of the world having a high forehead is seen as noble.

any real questions, i will try to answer.

I like my look and the look of somalis, i wouldnt trade it for anything.

better than looking like this

^^^

I would take that fat round robust look over this one.

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 7:10am On Dec 16, 2012
loveafrica:

i told you i am not black but still i will say you are showing signs of that hard headedness i refered to. how do somalis have history?? their history is not significant. it cannot be compared to any major civilization.

major civilizations to you must be what your taught in class.

We have our own history and we have not changed our language despite being around arabs, indians, persians. Mogadishou the capital of Somalia means in persian the seat of the shah. We are 100 percent muslim. Northern Somalia was part of the ottoman empire in the 1700's.

While west africans were being enslaved, Somalis with the help of the turks in 1500's were fighting the portugese and ethiopians and defeating them.

We were in alliance with many great nations and never gave up our rights and always died for them. Thus why you see Somalia today sourounded by christians in africa and arabs in the middle east, despite that we are 100 percent muslim and dont speak arabic but speak our own somali language. That is hard headedness and pride.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 7:11am On Dec 16, 2012
morpheus24:

^^^

I would take that fat round robust look over this one.

Their is a good chance those kids you just put up are no longer on this planet. Your a sad person.

As you may know already, that famine was over a year ago. But i can see why you have to steep so low.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 7:16am On Dec 16, 2012
somalia9:

major civilizations to you must be what your taught in class.

We have our own history and we have not changed our language despite being around arabs, indians, persians. Mogadishou the capital of Somalia means in persian the seat of the shah. We are 100 percent muslim. Northern Somalia was part of the ottoman empire in the 1700's.

While west africans were being enslaved, Somalis with the help of the turks in 1500's were fighting the portugese and ethiopians and defeating them.

We were in alliance with many great nations and never gave up our rights and always died for them. Thus why you see Somalia today sourounded by christians in africa and arabs in the middle east, despite that we are 100 percent muslim and dont speak arabic but speak our own somali language. That is hard headedness and pride.

hard headedness is not something to be proud of. be proud when you actually have something to be proud about. im sorry but i dont see anything somalis can boast about. nothing at all. your only claim to greatness is somalis never being slaved. that is pretty lame.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by morpheus24: 7:18am On Dec 16, 2012
somalia9:

Their is a good chance those kids you just put up are no longer on this planet. Your a sad person.

As you may know already, that famine was over a year ago. But i can see why you have to steep so low.

Somalia6 aka Anyale has a soft side for starving kids but none for people who have suffered the injustice of slavery.

Please spare me your righteous dribble.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 7:21am On Dec 16, 2012
loveafrica:

hard headedness is not something to be proud of. be proud when you actually have something to be proud about. im sorry but i dont see anything somalis can boast about. nothing at all. your only claim to greatness is somalis never being slaved. that is pretty lame.

Well what does europe have to be proud of going around enslaving people?

if you dont know somalis are like the spartans of africa. We dont like to take rule over non somalis. All we want is all somalis to live under one government. We are xenophobic and have no aspirations to take over other peoples land as long as somalis dont live there.

That being said, Early somalis in Ethiopia invented coffee, the present day city of zeila in somalia is where the Prophet mohameds campanions fled to in the 600 AD. We traded with ancient egyptians, ottomans, arabs, persians, indians, chinese. this was when west africans were being sold.

We were the first in africa to use cannons more than 500 years ago. at this time, american blacks were picking cotton in present day america. We were the first people to domesticate the camel. We are known warriors that have been fighting for thousands and thousands of years. I SAY that is alot to be proud of.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 7:27am On Dec 16, 2012
the west is the most advanced place on the planet. millions os somalis immigrate to europe in hope of better livelihood.
anyways i notice in all your posts you somehow involve black people and slavery. why is that?

1 Like

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 7:30am On Dec 16, 2012
loveafrica: the west is the most advanced place on the planet. millions os somalis immigrate to europe in hope of better livelihood.
anyways i notice in all your posts you somehow involve black people and slavery. why is that?

As somalis we had slaves, and they were bantu, which is related to you guys.

Who are you, and why did you create the thread ' do somali women dont date black guys"?
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 7:34am On Dec 16, 2012
i am han chinese.

so what races do somalis look up to? I mean consider them more superior? be honest...
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 7:37am On Dec 16, 2012
loveafrica: i am han chinese.

so what races do somalis look up to? I mean consider them more superior? be honest...

We dont consider any race superior to us. Why should we?

We look better than europeans. Better features than blacks, less hair than arabs, and straighter eyes than asians. We got the whole package.

As for superiority in terms of knowledge and wealth, that changes from century to century. A few centruy ago it was arabs, now its europeans, and next century will be asians.

Unlike other africans, SOMALIS, ETHIOPIANS, ERITREANS, dont have inferiority complex.

What are you doing on a nigerian forum if your chinese?
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 7:39am On Dec 16, 2012
somalia9:

We dont consider any race superior to us. Why should we?

We look better than europeans. Better features than blacks, less hair than arabs, and straighter eyes than asians. We got the whole package.

As for superiority in terms of knowledge and wealth, that changes from century to century. A few centruy ago it was arabs, now its europeans, and next century will be asians.

Unlike other africans, SOMALIS, ETHIOPIANS, ERITREANS, dont have inferiority complex.

What are you doing on a nigerian forum if your chinese?

no offense to arab but chinese history is amazing and chinese civilization is more than 5000 years old
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 7:41am On Dec 16, 2012
loveafrica:

no offense to arab but chinese history is amazing and chinese civilization is more than 5000 years old

I wouldnt really know, Most of our trade and history is with neighboring countries in the middle east, which is weird because we have no historical trade or brotherhood with the countries in africa like kenya or ethiopia.

We owned kenyans as slaves, and we fought ethiopia for hundreds of years.

We do share many foods and clothing style with Indians from India.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 7:47am On Dec 16, 2012
somalia9:

I wouldnt really know, Most of our trade and history is with neighboring countries in the middle east, which is weird because we have no historical trade or brotherhood with the countries in africa like kenya or ethiopia.

We owned kenyans as slaves, and we fought ethiopia for hundreds of years.

We do share many foods and clothing style with Indians from India.

I love indian food. what food you guys share with indian? and do somali girls also wear sari?
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 7:48am On Dec 16, 2012
loveafrica:

I love indian food. what food you guys share with indian?

Samboosa we call it samboos. Theirs doesnt have beef but ours does.

We also share certain wedding practices and clothing styles.

This is a somali wedding

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 7:49am On Dec 16, 2012
this is an indian wedding

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emir Dantoro Suspends Officials For Allowing Fulani Herdsmen Enter Communities / Prince Obaghator Ewuare And Bianca Oriaifo Wedding Introduction In Edo (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Dances At RCCG In Washington D.C - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.