Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Ask A Muslim/somali - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ask A Muslim/somali (38137 Views)

Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) / The Somali/ethiopian People / Somali Food! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 7:52am On Dec 16, 2012
Our prime minister kinda looks like his indian

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 8:00am On Dec 16, 2012
somalia9: Our prime minister kinda looks like his indian

indian have diverse looks. anyone can look indian.

this girl is also indian

she is also indian

she is also indian
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 8:02am On Dec 16, 2012
i should say southern indian.

So i found out your black from your first rant on how you couldnt get this hot somali girl in your class cause they dont like blacks....tell me more.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 8:13am On Dec 16, 2012
somalia9: i should say southern indian.

So i found out your black from your first rant on how you couldnt get this hot somali girl in your class cause they dont like blacks....tell me more.

no im not black im ethiopian
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 8:16am On Dec 16, 2012
loveafrica:

no im not black im ethiopian

sure, whatever you say. I doubt your ethiopian. Your first thread was about somali and how our women dont date black men.

An ethiopian would know the reason for this and wouldnt need to ask because ethiopians are as xenophobic as somalis.

You also wouldnt be asking me these questions about my culture, because you would know if your were ethiopians that Somalis have a long history kick a** in the horn.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 8:29am On Dec 16, 2012
somalia9:

sure, whatever you say. I doubt your ethiopian. Your first thread was about somali and how our women dont date black men.

An ethiopian would know the reason for this and wouldnt need to ask because ethiopians are as xenophobic as somalis.

You also wouldnt be asking me these questions about my culture, because you would know if your were ethiopians that Somalis have a long history kick a** in the horn.

im not black man. i just love africa cuz it has so much natural beauty
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 8:32am On Dec 16, 2012
loveafrica:

im not black man. i just love africa cuz it has so much natural beauty

sure. Well Somalia and the horn is what most of these bantus run to when they wana show the world africans history and beuty. LMAO
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 8:34am On Dec 16, 2012
somalia9:

sure. Well Somalia and the horn is what most of these bantus run to when they wana show the world africans history and beuty. LMAO

i will agree with you that somalis can be good looking but that stuff is subjective
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 8:37am On Dec 16, 2012
loveafrica:

i will agree with you that somalis can be good looking but that stuff is subjective

Whatever you say.

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 8:41am On Dec 16, 2012
somali girls are nice but i dont like how they wear headscarf
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 8:42am On Dec 16, 2012
wearing headscarf is beutiful. Its in our religion, and this the main reason why we are diffrent than the other africans.

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 9:31am On Dec 16, 2012
somalia9: wearing headscarf is beutiful. Its in our religion, and this the main reason why we are diffrent than the other africans.

to each their own i guess.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 9:36am On Dec 16, 2012
loveafrica:

to each their own i guess.

Well i have been told by black people why do somalis cover their hair, especially since they are the only people in Subsahran africa (along with ethiopians, eritreans) who have good hair.

My answer was religion is more important.

Their was a time in my high school days that the black americans thought somali women were bald cause they covered up, no they worship us like gods, cause they found out we got real nice hair.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 9:50am On Dec 16, 2012
somalia9:

Well i have been told by black people why do somalis cover their hair, especially since they are the only people in Subsahran africa (along with ethiopians, eritreans) who have good hair.

My answer was religion is more important.

Their was a time in my high school days that the black americans thought somali women were bald cause they covered up, no they worship us like gods, cause they found out we got real nice hair.

Are somalis the only people in the world with so called good hair?? No, every race has it other than black people. So why make it somali centric
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 10:05am On Dec 16, 2012
a south indian actress... too hot..

\

do somali girls wear this kind of clothes ? saree? since you said somalis wear similar clothes to indians...
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 10:26am On Dec 16, 2012
we call it dirac, we wear something equivalent to that.

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by Amari(f): 11:34am On Dec 16, 2012
morpheus24:

^^^

I would take that fat round robust look over this one.
LWTMB,now that's a good one!
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by TheClown: 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2012
WHY DO SOMALIS HAVE NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF EXCEPT THEIR LOOKS AND RELIGION? THIS MAKE THEM REALLY SHALLOW AND EVER FOOLISH!
AND YOU, THE DOG THAT GOES BY THE NAME 'SOMALI', YOU ARE A TRUE EXAMPLE OF WHO SOMALIS ARE; REFUGEES IN FOREIGN LANDS, CAN'T LIVE PEACEFULLY IN THEIR'S, ARROGANTLY AND BLINDLY PROUD OF NOTHING SUBSTANTIAL EXCEPT HOW THEY LOOK, INVADING A COMMUNITY'S WEBSITE AND THEN INSULTING THEM EACH TIME THEY OPEN THEIR STINKING MOUTH. YOU HAVE DEMONSTRATED HERE HOW HATE FILLED AND SHALLOW MINDED A SOMALI CAN BE! DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND TAKE YOUR GLARING FOOLISHNESS AWAY FROM THIS WEB SITE, YOU ARE EMBARRASSING THE FEW SOMALIS WITH SOMETHING HAVING THE DESCRIPTION OF A BRAIN IN THEIR SKULLS.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 8:47pm On Dec 16, 2012
The Clown: WHY DO SOMALIS HAVE NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF EXCEPT THEIR LOOKS AND RELIGION? THIS MAKE THEM REALLY SHALLOW AND EVER FOOLISH!
AND YOU, THE DOG THAT GOES BY THE NAME 'SOMALI', YOU ARE A TRUE EXAMPLE OF WHO SOMALIS ARE; REFUGEES IN FOREIGN LANDS, CAN'T LIVE PEACEFULLY IN THEIR'S, ARROGANTLY AND BLINDLY PROUD OF NOTHING SUBSTANTIAL EXCEPT HOW THEY LOOK, INVADING A COMMUNITY'S WEBSITE AND THEN INSULTING THEM EACH TIME THEY OPEN THEIR STINKING MOUTH. YOU HAVE DEMONSTRATED HERE HOW HATE FILLED AND SHALLOW MINDED A SOMALI CAN BE! DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND TAKE YOUR GLARING FOOLISHNESS AWAY FROM THIS WEB SITE, YOU ARE EMBARRASSING THE FEW SOMALIS WITH SOMETHING HAVING THE DESCRIPTION OF A BRAIN IN THEIR SKULLS.

i am laughing cause u wrote in all caps, u must be upset, am readin this in a nigerian accent and its so funnny

Anyway, am here on the risk that any 419 scam posed to me is the risk i take by being on this site. So mind your own buisness.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by morpheus24: 3:31am On Dec 17, 2012
^^^

nah Anyale you just here to troll around the site. Every forum has one.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 4:34am On Dec 17, 2012
somalia9: we call it dirac, we wear something equivalent to that.

that looks completely different. there is no similarity at all.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 5:27am On Dec 17, 2012
loveafrica:

that looks completely different. there is no similarity at all.

Well, to me kinda looks the same.

We have baati, and dirac. Ours is more modest since we are muslims.

Also the somali men wear something called macawis and i have seem malaysians, indonesians and indians wear it too.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 6:49am On Dec 17, 2012
somalia9:

Well, to me kinda looks the same.

We have baati, and dirac. Ours is more modest since we are muslims.

Also the somali men wear something called macawis and i have seem malaysians, indonesians and indians wear it too.
l
no it's not similar and notice the indian girl has such long hair. never seen that long and straight hair on somalis. fact is somalis can't grow their hair this long because they have significant black dna in them

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 7:16am On Dec 17, 2012
^ lol

i personally have three sisters and their hair are as long, my mom cuts her hair every few months to make it shorter, but she too can grow it longer.

As for the clothing style, I think somalis got alot of things from indians, such as some foods, and some cultural practices.

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 7:30am On Dec 17, 2012
^
they look ethiopian. but yea most races have straight hair except for black people. i think only indian and asian type of hair stands out. white people have worst hair amongst straight hair races
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 7:32am On Dec 17, 2012
loveafrica: ^
they look ethiopian. but yea most races have straight hair except for black people. i think only indian and asian type of hair stands out. white people have worst hair amongst straight hair races

those are two famous somali designers, they have a clothing line.
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 8:00am On Dec 17, 2012
somalia9:

those are two famous somali designers, they have a clothing line.

i dont find them attractive seriously. their face shape is weird. long horse face and porturuding forehead
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 8:08am On Dec 17, 2012
loveafrica:

i dont find them attractive seriously. their face shape is weird. long horse face and porturuding forehead

To each his own i guess. beuty is in the eyes of the beholder. Some people find these pictures beautiful, fortunately the majority of the world views long hair, straight nose as beautiful, so somalis are considered better looking by the majority of the people on this planet.

how can you look at these african features and say they look good, they look to close to a monkey for me to find them beutiful, but to each his own.

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 8:11am On Dec 17, 2012
SOMALI FEATURES ARE WAY BETTER LOOKING

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 8:11am On Dec 17, 2012
SOMALI WOMEN

Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by somalia9: 8:14am On Dec 17, 2012
check out this nice somali song, these type of songs are called Dhaanto. Prounounced 'DAAN-TA'

FYI. the flag they have is the flag of the somali region in western ethiopia, they are seeking to join somalia, the song is in somali, and the people are somali.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9LRT0aXYLM
Re: Ask A Muslim/somali by loveafrica: 8:17am On Dec 17, 2012
somalia9:

To each his own i guess. beuty is in the eyes of the beholder. Some people find these pictures beautiful, fortunately the majority of the world views long hair, straight nose as beautiful, so somalis are considered better looking by the majority of the people on this planet.

how can you look at these african features and say they look good, they look to close to a monkey for me to find them beutiful, but to each his own.

i don't find black people that attractive. i never said i do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Dances At RCCG In Washington D.C - Photos / Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land / Prince Obaghator Ewuare And Bianca Oriaifo Wedding Introduction In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.