Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election (10709 Views)

Charles Antwi Tries To Kill Mahama, Ghanaian President (Photo) / Donald Trump Freaks Out On Twitter After Obama Wins Election / Jamaica's Opposition People's National Party Wins Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by RedLight1: 12:25am On Dec 10, 2012
topsyking: The election was rigged but cos of d foolish record dey want to keep as a good democratic country in africa.,opposition no won talk....rubbish!!!
..There is no free n fair election anywhere in africa
hmmmm interesting...
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Popowaa: 12:28am On Dec 10, 2012
Very true
jbrodaly: I asked a Ghana friend about the election and this was what he said:"If the current(acting)president wins the election ,then hope is lost for a better Africa.People are voting for a particular party because of monetary enticements and turning away from a party that has clear cut plans for the country."I asked him to give me one of such plans.He actually gave me two when i asked him.Hear him again-"They are making national health insurance available to everyone in the country as long as they register for it.Free education until secondary school level."
Please are there Ghanians in the house?Please confirm this.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by ybman: 12:29am On Dec 10, 2012
OLUSEGUN OBASANJO was here in Ghana during the election.... All ghanians believe he ringed it... Cos the incumbent presidential opponent promise free education when he comes to power and he truly pulled crowed.....OBJ!
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 10, 2012
leomaxx: I doubt that very much, anyway if they are up to 25m, it means a lot of people didnt vote. Lagos is about the size of Ghana, its a little country its prolly why less than 3000 Megawatts can power the entire country.

14mil registered voters, and 11mil validly voted in this election
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by jimino(m): 12:30am On Dec 10, 2012
shabi john dey among him name? Na him go win am b4 nah, i no nid prophet 2 tell say na him win am
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by ektbear: 12:31am On Dec 10, 2012
topsyking: The election was rigged but cos of d foolish record dey want to keep as a good democratic country in africa.,opposition no won talk....rubbish!!!
..There is no free n fair election anywhere in africa

Why do you say that it was rigged?
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by RedLight1: 12:34am On Dec 10, 2012
Techwriter: Ghana must go, Ghana must go! Well they left to build their country and soon you would be needing VISa to enter Ghana. Their democracy is working, their light is working, their education is working. Anyway I doubt if the Igbos would do better if all Nigerians begin to shout Biafra must go! Biafra must go!! Cos in this Lagos, landlords & Fashola are already saying it silently and in the North Boko Haram believes that action speaks faster than words
why are u posting rubbish my friend. which ghana has electricity? are they generating more electricity than nigeria or what?... are u talkin about ghana in west africa or another planet? and which fashola ask igbos to go.. can u back it up with credible source... no nation is perfect but u must speak ill of ur nation to gain rank ... please stop talking like a mor0n okay? thanks

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 10, 2012
ybman: Obasenjo was here in Ghana during the election.... All ghanians believe he ringed it... Cos the incumbent presidential opponent promise free education when he comes to power and he truly pulled crowed.....OBJ!

That cannot be possible, OBJ was the chairman of an AU/Ecowas observers of less than 30 pple how could they have rigged an election of about 10 regions/states and 20k plus polling stations in Ghana
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by rampantlover: 12:35am On Dec 10, 2012
Da election was not rigged, you all Jux think about your own election coming very soon.
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by ybman: 12:35am On Dec 10, 2012
OLUSEGUN OBASANJO was here in Ghana during the election.... All ghanians believe he ringed it... Cos the incumbent presidential opponent promise free education when he comes to power.....OBJ!
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by SmoothLIFE: 12:37am On Dec 10, 2012
Ghanaian here, the ELECTION was NOT rigged!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 10, 2012
SmoothLIFE: Ghanaian here, the ELECTION was NOT rigged!!! grin grin grin grin

What was the reason for the massive protests and riots bro ?
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 10, 2012
ekt_bear: Can someone summarize the views/general philosophy of the two leading candidates (Mahama and Akufo-Addo) and/or their parties? I don't know anything about Ghanaian politics.

Mahama : free quality education in second school 20yrs time that its not possible for the economy to sustain it now. Moreover there is a continuation of project execution whoever is in goverment so one cannot really say who did what but its mostly credited to who finished the project

Nana : Free second school now, btw if u are in ghana you know that they are lagging behing in education. The only reason I see the Npp didn't win was they were arrogant in their campaigns and were always atacking credibility of Ndc personalities instead of their principles
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Slicqyprizzy(f): 12:43am On Dec 10, 2012
jbrodaly: I asked a Ghana friend about the election and this was what he said:"If the current(acting)president wins the election ,then hope is lost for a better Africa.People are voting for a particular party because of monetary enticements and turning away from a party that has clear cut plans for the country."I asked him to give me one of such plans.He actually gave me two when i asked him.Hear him again-"They are making national health insurance available to everyone in the country as long as they register for it.Free education until secondary school level."
Please are there Ghanians in the house?Please confirm this.
Thanks
yes it's true.
The national health insurance was made available when the npp(opposition party) was in power. During the Mills/Mahama regime, people started complaining about the effectiveness of the NHIS, so Nana Addo promised to make it more effective once he is elected as president.
The free shs is also true, it was actually his top priority.
Note that John mahama(his excellency) also proposed quality education,so the people had to decide whether they want free or quality shs.
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by ybman: 12:43am On Dec 10, 2012
sadeiyare:

That cannot be possible, OBJ was the chairman of an AU/Ecowas observers of less than 30 pple how could they have rigged an election of about 10 regions/states and 20k plus polling stations in Ghana
Nothing like impossibility especially wen it comes to elections.... 'm an eye witness bro!
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by SmoothLIFE: 12:43am On Dec 10, 2012
leomaxx: What was the reason for the massive protests and riots bro ?

that is what happens when people lose.

For example, when your team loses a football match don't you try to find excuses to help you cope with the loss??

Similar things happen during elections! wink
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by lacasa: 12:44am On Dec 10, 2012
Thank God he has shoes grin
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 10, 2012
ybman: OLUSEGUN OBASANJO was here in Ghana during the election.... All ghanians believe he ringed it... Cos the incumbent presidential opponent promise free education when he comes to power.....OBJ!

That cannot be possible, OBJ was the chairman of an AU/Ecowas observers of less than 30 pple how could they have rigged an election of about 10 regions/states and 20k plus polling stations in Ghana. Moreover obj had a press briefing to counter this claim of the observers rigging the election.

Ghanians are too emotional to say the least
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 10, 2012
SmoothLIFE:

that is what happens when people lose.

For example, when your team loses a football match don't you try to find excuses to help you cope with the loss??

Similar things happen during elections! wink
I understand, but Ghana has been conducting elections and there are always opposition failures without rioting. Why was this different ? Did the opposition have evidence of rigging ?
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 12:48am On Dec 10, 2012
ybman:
Nothing like impossibility especially wen it comes to elections.... 'm an eye witness bro!

So tell NL how he was able to do that
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by jbrodaly(m): 12:52am On Dec 10, 2012
Popowaa: Very true

Slicqy prizzy: yes it's true.
The national health insurance was made available when the npp(opposition party) was in power. During the Mills/Mahama regime, people started complaining about the effectiveness of the NHIS, so Nana Addo to make it more effective once he is elected as president.
The free shs is also true, it was actually his top priority.

Got it!Then the result is not a sign of good things.I mean people cannot be stupid to vote for the other party that have not clear cut manifesto.
Is Africa retrogressing or what?Unless the rigging allegations are true.
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 10, 2012
leomaxx: I understand, but Ghana has been conducting elections and there are always opposition failures without rioting. Why was this different ? Did the opposition have evidence of rigging ?

They say they have concrete evidence and the electoral commision say they are free to go to court, so maybe they will be doing that but personally I don't see that happening.

I would have really loved to see the free shs policy manifest.Education is the bedrock of every society. We don't go to school to be educated, we go to school to learn how to be educated
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Cusubaba(m): 12:57am On Dec 10, 2012
Techwriter: Ghana must go, Ghana must go! Well they left to build their country and soon you would be needing VISa to enter Ghana. Their democracy is working, their light is working, their education is working. Anyway I doubt if the Igbos would do better if all Nigerians begin to shout Biafra must go! Biafra must go!! Cos in this Lagos, landlords & Fashola are already saying it silently and in the North Boko Haram believes that action speaks faster than words
which Ghana are u taking about ? listen my friend, there is nothing like steady light in Ghana. There is no good roads in Ghana. Ghanaians children pay 5.5 million old cedi i.e 50,000 naira to attend ordinary government secondary school and 75% Ghanaian children can't afford it. That is why SSCE holder in Ghana parade himself like semi God. Honestly Ghanaians are suffering and that is why NPP Presidential candidate Nana Akofo Ado promise Ghanaians free senior high school.
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by SmoothLIFE: 12:59am On Dec 10, 2012
leomaxx: I understand, but Ghana has been conducting elections and there are always opposition failures without rioting. Why was this different ? Did the opposition have evidence of rigging ?

There were no "riots"... Just a few people gathering after by the Electoral commissions office mainly teenagersgrin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by RedLight1: 1:01am On Dec 10, 2012
SmoothLIFE:

There were no "riots"... Just a few people gathering after by the EC's office mainly teenagersgrin grin grin grin grin grin
it seems u are willing to debate like human bein tonight!
if its just few people gathering, why heavily armed soilders had to use tear gas to disperse them? That doesnt sound peaceful u knw?
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by RedLight1: 1:05am On Dec 10, 2012
Cusubaba: which Ghana are u taking about ? listen my friend, there is nothing like steady light in Ghana. There is no good roads in Ghana. Ghanaians children pay 5.5 million old cedi i.e 50,000 naira to attend ordinary government secondary school and 75% Ghanaian children can't afford it. That is why SSCE holder in Ghana parade himself like semi God. Honestly Ghanaians are suffering and that is why NPP Presidential candidate Nana Akofo Ado promise Ghanaians free senior high school.
the same free education that has being in nigeria since the days of awolowo... As bad as obj regime was.. Education was free to secondary level... And sum dumb people with stil compare nigeria with ghana
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 1:06am On Dec 10, 2012
Red-Light:
it seems u are willing to debate like human bein tonight!
if its just few people gathering, why heavily armed soilders had to use tear gas to disperse them? That doesnt sound peaceful u knw?

It wasn't perfect they were pockets of violence here and there,some Npp thugs attacked a tv stations vehicle and some of their reporters and was almost going to the station hq but for the intervention of the security
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Slicqyprizzy(f): 1:10am On Dec 10, 2012
jbrodaly:

Got it!Then the result is not a sign of good things.I mean people cannot be stupid to vote for the other party that have not clear cut manifesto.
Is Africa retrogressing or what?Unless the rigging allegations are true.
well, if the rigging allegations are true, then they need to give sufficient evidence, which will take a fairly long time. so the harm's already been done.
also people did not vote for Nana Addo because they felt he was too proud and arrogant. Even most people in the constituency which he originally comes from voted for the NDC.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 10, 2012
Red-Light:
the same free education that has being in nigeria since the days of awolowo... As bad as obj regime was.. Education was free to secondary level... And sum dumb people with stil compare nigeria with ghana

Nigeria generates more money than Ghana its just that Ghana is less corrupt, but I am afraid that they are gradually going there btw no incubent has ever lost an election and this is the third time running that should be the next step of their democracy.

It could still be that the NDC ruling party campaign jingles were too sweet and people danced forgot policies and voted according to superior Azonto lol
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by RedLight1: 1:14am On Dec 10, 2012
sadeiyare:

It wasn't perfect they were pockets of violence here and there,some Npp thugs attacked a tv stations vehicle and some of their reporters and was almost going to the station hq but for the intervention of the security
nw u are talkin.. No election can be perfect especially in africa.. Buh people like smootlife want us be believe that everytin went just great
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Cusubaba(m): 1:15am On Dec 10, 2012
SmoothLIFE:

There were no "riots"... Just a few people gathering after by the Electoral commissions office mainly teenagersgrin grin grin grin grin grin
There is no country in the world that is perfect. Why are u always disgracing urself in this forum. Do u want us to believe that Ghana is heaven or what. Honestly u have problem in ur life. Plz my belove Nigerians, if u have not being to Ghana, just google Ghanaweb.com. U will be surprise to hear the kind of crimes, abomination etc that is happening in that hypocrite shit-hole called Ghana. Ghanaians don't care about the problems in their country, there main problem is Nigeria.
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by missbond007: 1:16am On Dec 10, 2012
Ghanaians have proven once again that they can organize peaceful and credible elections. I did not hear or read any story of unnecessary killings.

Congratulations to my Ghanaian brothers and sisters.

http://.com/2012/12/john-dramani-mahama-is-ghanas-new.html

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South Sudan Becomes 54th African State / Hungary’s Parliament Ratifies Sweden’s Bid To Join NATO / Blackwater Withdraws From Yemen After Heavy Defeat By Houthi Shiite Separatists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.