Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? (8871 Views)

How To Toast A Girl You See Walking On The Street. / Want A Chick In Lag / I Need A Chick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by chamotex(m): 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2008
I understand you can meet girls anywhere but sometimes its a lot more difficult meeting or talking 2 a chick on the street, especially when they are on the move.

What would be the best thing to do and say in this situation?
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 28, 2008
Chamotex,
its actually rude to stop a chick on the the street. cos the best you can do is to use a cliche on her (which to any Behind gal is unacceptable)
but if u are lucky, something might happen like she steps on u, or she asks u for directions - then thats a chance to capitalize on

pls always remember to keep it short, simple and humourous, let her enjoy ur company and TRUST ME, she might want to see u again

GOOD LUCK
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by Easybaby(f): 12:45pm On Feb 28, 2008
@poster,
Just ask her if she is approachable tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by Encomium(m): 7:35pm On Feb 28, 2008
Street wooing of girls can make you or mar you. I advice you get the details of the girl first and preferably going over to her house, Church or a place of work where the whole thing will look more matured. Wishing you the best of luck.
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by naijadiva2(f): 7:47pm On Feb 28, 2008
Ujujoan:

Chamotex,
its actually rude to stop a chick on the the street. because the best you can do is to use a cliche on her (which to any Behind girl is unacceptable)
but if u are lucky, something might happen like she steps on u, or she asks u for directions - then thats a chance to capitalize on

please always remember to keep it short, simple and humourous, let her enjoy your company and TRUST ME, she might want to see u again

GOOD LUCK

i agree with everything you wrote here. if you see a girl in a hurry especially and you still insist that she talk to you, don't be surprised if she say's she's not interested.
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by ariblaze(m): 8:52pm On Feb 28, 2008
there is a thin line

between being classless

and being spot on' when Accosting a lady on the street

dont make that move cept you are absolutely sure you are spot on
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by Bolarge(m): 12:21pm On Mar 06, 2008
@chamotex
Inasmuch as it's not exactly the best way of meeting a girl, many times it's the only way. The only opportunity and I don't know where u at but here in Ib, forrrrget.

Case scenario:
You're just about entering a supermarket and there's this perfect female specimen sashaying out alone. At dt point u got no choice. If she's a real stunner u can't but step to the play. Mind u, most girls actually do enjoy being stepped to. You can take my word to the bank on this. There're however some serious points u need to take cognisance of to increase  your chances of getting positive feedback from chicks.

Do's

1. Be well dressed.
Look impeccable.(This doesn't necessarily mean formal o!)
Since they don't announce when u'll jam them, make this a ritual. Very few girls can resist a well-clad guy (except of course your woworism negates the entire concept. Blame ya papa. embarassed grin)

2. By all means wear a designer perfume. Trust me it works wonders. This really should be part of (1.)above.

3. Act decisively. Don't hesitate. Act like u know what u're doing and u're in full control.
This catches them wella. Despite all the fronting girls do, they have this thing for assertive guys. I guess it's built into their genes. If there's any stuttering, signs of insecurity what have u, your chances nose-dive.

4. Have a disarming smile. It depicts a genial disposition and allows them to warm up to u easier. Don’t go grinning like a goat (or Mr Bean) either.

5. Be natural. Don't put up an act. Be yourself.
   If she no dig you, she no dig you. Full stop. No Aba-made american accent will score u any correct points with a Behind chick. grin

6. Your first words matter greatly.
It‘s however circumstance-dependent. My guy by all means say something smart. Dem no dey teach am for school. Dt’s why there’s some soft tissue between your ears. Use it. Ready-made opening lines may be helpful but are by no means dependable especially if not original to you. A drop-dead gorgeous girl has probably heard it a trillion and one times before. Get creative my guy.

Don'ts

1. Never sound desperate. This triggers the flight instinct in them and all they want is just to get away from you. Don’t make it look like u’d get her number at gunpoint if she doesn’t spill it lero (ie jejely grin) The issue of personal contact details should be approached in such a way dt it’s just the next logical thing on the lyricing agenda. A chick dt’s had a humorous and intelligent banter with a cool dude is actually most often itching to drop her details. Matter of fact, I adopt a style in which I pretend to have forgotten to ask and just as we’ve said our goodbyes I’m like “Oooh, forgive me, I almost forgot to ask for your number. . . yea rite grin . . . is it ok by you? Pleeeez?" (with  raised eyebrows, a wink and a smile) Unless she be winch e go hard to resist.

2. For crying out loud look out for a wedding ring!!! shocked shocked (unless of course u got suicidal tendencies) grin
   Never step to a married woman. I thot u knew tongue

3. Never step to a chick who’s with a guy. shocked shocked shocked Haba broosss!!! dt goes without saying. . . Ds world is not your own, u are just passing through. Dt other guy will ensure it’s a rapid exit for you. cry

4. It pays not to step to a chick who's with her crew.
Now this is subjective. Some high-level bad ass playas may be able to handle this kindda scenario but my guy it's a likely lose-lose situation. My level never reach dia. D girl go just take u shine in front of her girlfriends even if deep inside her she gbaduns you. Na dia way. If anything, look for a way to corner her once she steps out for even a millisecond. There's a way u can make some eye contact that she'll easily grasp and if she's game, she herself will find a way of making the move easier for you by relieving herself of her intrusive clique of friends and the rest is up to you. If she no send you, max she'll whisper to her friends to look at ds ogre who's been ogling her (drooling as well grin) for the past 20mins. LMAO. grin Again, na dia way. As u never formally step to her, your pride's still intact my brother. cool

5. Never step to a pretty chick who’s obviously in a hurry. Common sense my brother.
She's not d last girl on d planet, anotha one will come biko.
eg. It’s just plain dumb to step to a briskly walking pretty chick in a tight fitting trouser-suit at 7o’clock in the morning. She’s most definitely a bank employee rushing off to work. You definitely will look like a jobless alainikannshe. (forgive me, English no fit convey d message well angry).
However if u’re rocking an ochara/tear rubber Honda end-of-discussion (like me cool) in my dreams grin or anything techqa, ol’ boy offer her a lift fast. If she agrees to hitch a ride witcha, do your thing. cool

Ol’ boy my fingers don dey ache on top ds my epistle to u. Note one thing however, women are d most unpredictable creatures God ever dared to create. No style is fool-proof. Dse are just guides to more effective chick hunting. Very open to criticisms and similar tips from experienced niggas in da house. (Where’s tkb417 when u need him? )
If I remember any more tips I’ll fill u in.
Do your thang. cool

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by Raymond88(m): 12:31pm On Mar 06, 2008
If i respect a girl i wouldn't approach her on the street, yea i'd admire her body parts and toture myself with fantasies but i wouldn't approach her! come on where is your sense of dignity?
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by justkunmi(m): 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2008
@Bolarge
guy, you hard o. . . grin cheesy
nice one anywayz. . .
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by Easybaby(f): 1:33pm On Mar 06, 2008
@Bolarge,
With all these your so-called tricks, who says that babes are that simple tongue tongue tongue
You better go and write a Novel tittled " HOW TO APPROACH A LADY" grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by buzzgonz(m): 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2008
@Bolarge
Mr Lectural! grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by segzicres(m): 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2008
i feel u bolarge. there should be haters on the side. the ladies that are saying it's not that easy will fall for
it only realising it when the think back at what happened.
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by bigfather(m): 2:58pm On Mar 06, 2008
@poster
Just go pissssssstsst,sweet babygal, abeg i fit yarn with you ?  grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by ayoappeal(m): 12:44am On Mar 13, 2008
Well i personally think some girls are approchable while a good number of them are not, the guy has to really watch it and be careful, you could do it jokingly and get to use the opportunity to get her details but the mistake most guys make is they want to do the asking out that same minute.

You really don't know her mood, don't know where she was coming from and probably where she's heading to, so it will be disastrous to get her bored and waste her time rigmarolling on dating a girl you don't even know anything about.

I would advise guys who prefer road toasting cheesy smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley to better try to be make friend with the girl than ask her out the same day.
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by keba(m): 11:36am On Mar 13, 2008
@bolarge
u too much cool. make u no mind Easybaby 'cos she go fall for u if u meet her for road.
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 13, 2008
@bolarge
ur epistle is somethin else. . . neva laughed soo hard in a while. cheesy
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by pahtahkee: 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2008
@ Bolarge,
You just entered my list of interesting guys, I do like to have as friends on the forum.

That was a master piece! Highly hilarious, and some of the scenarios you relayed here, as actually happened to me. Just that then at those times, I was using a Datsun branded car. grin

The yeri ki bento kinda cars.
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by Easybaby(f): 1:13pm On Mar 13, 2008
make u no mind Easybaby 'because she go fall for u if u meet her for road

lol cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by Eddie4real(m): 6:10pm On Mar 13, 2008
@ Bolarge,
that was a great piece i must say. what made it more fascinating was d mix of humour added to it.
u're d man. wink

i'd found that it's kindda absurd approachn a chic on d street, or on motion.
i tried it once - was ignorant then, u know - and of course i was shunned. undecided

why most chics don't respond to guys on d street, i believe, boils down to the issue of insecurity - she doesn't
know if u're some kind of attacker, rapist or something. like kids will say - "mum/dad says 'Never Talk To Strangers'".

so as much as i do not buy d idea, i believe d way 2 approaching a chic on d street would be d ff:

-   make it seem as if u stumbled on her. Never appear as though u've been following her,
    as this puts sudden fear in her. and of course u won't get any response. angry
-   Look tidy, well dressed. Never appear Unkempt. She may take u for some holigan or something.
-   Smile. its eases some bit of insecurity around her grin
-   Most importantly, Respect her. if she's not @ all comfortable wit u, just take a step back honourably. wink

as i stated earlier, i do not buy d idea of approaching a chic on d street, so!.cool cool cool cool
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by jaso1(m): 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2008
@BOLARGE
BJ lala, uumm.!
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by olaitank: 1:07pm On Mar 15, 2008
please always remember to keep it short, simple and humourous, let her enjoy your company and TRUST ME, she might want to see u again

ujujoan that was a brain talk i totally agree with you,i so much buy your idea dat i will like to chat with you pprivately
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by olaitank: 1:33pm On Mar 15, 2008
i seriously donot buy the idea of street approach considering the public insult it generate for once pasonallity sad
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 15, 2008
I've never approached a girl in the street.

Do people actually do that to total strangers?
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by pahtahkee: 10:12pm On Mar 15, 2008
Siena:

I've never approached a girl in the street.

Do people actually do that to total strangers?
You have a missed a whole load of fun!

How you doing? Been a while now.
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2008
Mr Pataki, I'm all good, thanks. How's things with you?
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by pahtahkee: 3:16am On Mar 16, 2008
Am good and okay. Just got in now. Hope all is well with you also. Will try to give you a call this coming week. Been running a tight schedule beyond what I thought.

I might be around this easter again. Not too sure yet though.
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 16, 2008
Cool. If you're about, give me a call.
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by Scopium: 2:25pm On Mar 16, 2008
lamidebaby:

@bolarge
your epistle is somethin else. . . never laughed soo hard in a while. cheesy

[size=13pt]No be small. I don die for laff here. I've laughed for 5 years for the past five minutes.[/size]
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by damil(m): 11:15pm On Mar 22, 2008
bolarge, u made it sound like a movie script. i feel you my guy but it bores down to confidence.otherwise,practice,cram,or do whatever preparation but when the time comes your adam`s apple just turns into yam. i don`t know why but some guys just finds it stressless.My advise for any guy is to know your `scale`, so you on go soap yourself.
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by kameel: 2:57pm On Mar 27, 2008
Inasmuch as it's not exactly the best way of meeting a girl, many times it's the only way. The only opportunity and I don't know where u at but here in Ib, forrrrget.

Case scenario:
You're just about entering a supermarket and there's this perfect female specimen sashaying out alone. At dt point u got no choice. If she's a real stunner u can't but step to the play. Mind u, most girls actually do enjoy being stepped to. You can take my word to the bank on this. There're however some serious points u need to take cognisance of to increase your chances of getting positive feedback from chicks.

Do's

1. Be well dressed.
Look impeccable.(This doesn't necessarily mean formal o!)
Since they don't announce when u'll jam them, make this a ritual. Very few girls can resist a well-clad guy (except of course your woworism negates the entire concept. Blame ya papa. )

2. By all means wear a designer perfume. Trust me it works wonders. This really should be part of (1.)above.

3. Act decisively. Don't hesitate. Act like u know what u're doing and u're in full control.
This catches them wella. Despite all the fronting girls do, they have this thing for assertive guys. I guess it's built into their genes. If there's any stuttering, signs of insecurity what have u, your chances nose-dive.

4. Have a disarming smile. It depicts a genial disposition and allows them to warm up to u easier. Don’t go grinning like a goat (or Mr Bean) either.

5. Be natural. Don't put up an act. Be yourself.
If she no dig you, she no dig you. Full stop. No Aba-made american accent will score u any correct points with a Behind chick.

6. Your first words matter greatly.
It‘s however circumstance-dependent. My guy by all means say something smart. Dem no dey teach am for school. Dt’s why there’s some soft tissue between your ears. Use it. Ready-made opening lines may be helpful but are by no means dependable especially if not original to you. A drop-dead gorgeous girl has probably heard it a trillion and one times before. Get creative my guy.

Don'ts

1. Never sound desperate. This triggers the flight instinct in them and all they want is just to get away from you. Don’t make it look like u’d get her number at gunpoint if she doesn’t spill it lero (ie jejely ) The issue of personal contact details should be approached in such a way dt it’s just the next logical thing on the lyricing agenda. A chick dt’s had a humorous and intelligent banter with a cool dude is actually most often itching to drop her details. Matter of fact, I adopt a style in which I pretend to have forgotten to ask and just as we’ve said our goodbyes I’m like “Oooh, forgive me, I almost forgot to ask for your number. . . yea rite . . . is it ok by you? Pleeeez?" (with raised eyebrows, a wink and a smile) Unless she be winch e go hard to resist.

2. For crying out loud look out for a wedding ring!!! (unless of course u got suicidal tendencies)
Never step to a married woman. I thot u knew

3. Never step to a chick who’s with a guy. Haba broosss!!! dt goes without saying. . . Ds world is not your own, u are just passing through. Dt other guy will ensure it’s a rapid exit for you.

4. It pays not to step to a chick who's with her crew.
Now this is subjective. Some high-level bad ass playas may be able to handle this kindda scenario but my guy it's a likely lose-lose situation. My level never reach dia. D girl go just take u shine in front of her girlfriends even if deep inside her she gbaduns you. Na dia way. If anything, look for a way to corner her once she steps out for even a millisecond. There's a way u can make some eye contact that she'll easily grasp and if she's game, she herself will find a way of making the move easier for you by relieving herself of her intrusive clique of friends and the rest is up to you. If she no send you, max she'll whisper to her friends to look at ds ogre who's been ogling her (drooling as well ) for the past 20mins. LMAO. Again, na dia way. As u never formally step to her, your pride's still intact my brother.

5. Never step to a pretty chick who’s obviously in a hurry. Common sense my brother.
She's not d last girl on d planet, anotha one will come biko.
eg. It’s just plain dumb to step to a briskly walking pretty chick in a tight fitting trouser-suit at 7o’clock in the morning. She’s most definitely a bank employee rushing off to work. You definitely will look like a jobless alainikannshe. (forgive me, English no fit convey d message well ).
However if u’re rocking an ochara/tear rubber Honda end-of-discussion (like me ) in my dreams or anything techqa, ol’ boy offer her a lift fast. If she agrees to hitch a ride witcha, do your thing.

Ol’ boy my fingers don dey ache on top ds my epistle to u. Note one thing however, women are d most unpredictable creatures God ever dared to create. No style is fool-proof. Dse are just guides to more effective chick hunting. Very open to criticisms and similar tips from experienced niggas in da house. (Where’s tkb417 when u need him? )
If I remember any more tips I’ll fill u in.
Do your thang.

ol boy e be like say you no get job o!!!! :Pa if you want to walk up to a lady on the street just look for the right signal and try to be nice and not too nice, and dont even ask her out there, just get to know her better then move in for the kill later. REMEMBER SEEK YE THE KINGDOM OF KNOWING HER BETTER AND EVERY OTHER "THINGS" SHALL BE ADDED ON TO YOU cheesy
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by marlet01(m): 6:16pm On Mar 27, 2008
Be well dressed
Act decisively. Don't hesitate. Act like u know what u're doing and u're in full control
Have a disarming smile.
I think i would go with you on this Kameel because it is actually the basis in getting 'em at that point.
Re: What Is The Best Way 2 Approach A Chick On The Street? by candylips(m): 4:21pm On May 26, 2010
street runs na for piss poor guys.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan, Ekiti And Osun (south West Hook Up) Dating Zone / Naija Adult Forum / Is Www.afrointroduction.com A Genuine Dating Site?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.