Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? (9176 Views)

Drama In The Office As I Tender My Resignation After Getting A New Job. / Just Got A Pay Rise At The Office.. Hallelujah! / I Need Help, My Female Boss In The Office Touches Me At Inappropriate Pla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by salolo(m): 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by angelz(f): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2012
there's nothin wrong with it. wuld av love my hubby 2 wear it. But its unprofessional 2 put on necklace in a professional office like mine. (Chartered Accountants)
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by ideee03(f): 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
fittty:

Kids..... **smdh**
Grandpa fittty,why are u always shaking your D**k head?
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by Bluesparkles(f): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
Ewwwww! I dont fancy guys wearing necklace.
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by oraclefemi(m): 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2012
if the office allows it fine, we cant all agree on the same thing
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by aribisala0(m): 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
If they sell necklace in their office what should he wear
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by jmoore(m): 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
necklacephobia- the fear of necklace. smh
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
Of course I wear a tiny one permanently...though very discreet.

I love it...and it doesn't disturb my capacity to deliver..

BTW am a chartered Accountant in a corporate but relaxed work enviroment.
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by aribisala0(m): 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
manny4life: Necklace? To the office? shocked shocked shocked shocked Where do that worker think he is? THE NIGHTCLUB?

What kind of office does that person work in? Rules of professional responsibility which includes clothing/attire does not permit jewelry on men (with exceptions to wedding band, etc), and for women, it should be less. Unless if the man owns the company, for public corps, that's a NO NO.
Shut up your mouth ! Bloody fool ! what do you know about professional responsibility.

Have you buried the b1tch??
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by TableLeg(m): 11:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
Necklace to the office ... Common!
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by Nobody: 2:05am On Dec 11, 2012
What kind of necklace are we talking here?
A slim chain or a flavor-flav thingy? or is it somewhere in-between?
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by bigx(m): 5:20am On Dec 11, 2012
One more reason I hate the so-called corporate world.
So much eye-service! What's anyone's business if I wear a necklace? Does it choke me and affect my productivity?
I've had a gold necklace on my neck for over 15 years now and I don't see what is taking it off.
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by mexzipete(m): 9:58am On Dec 11, 2012
Messilo: How does this affect the price of garri
ℓ̊ Ĵμ̥​ƨ̣̣̇̇τ̣̣̥ can't. Help Β̣̣̥υ̲̣̥†̥̥ wonder oº°˚˚˚°Ooº°˚!
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by DorcasKaruana: 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
I personally see no issue with this; but it depends with the office set up; corporate or no corporate. This is a liberal world where decency differs from society to society, company to company, professions as well as from person to person. Dressing is a choice one should make.

Dorcas Kinyua,

www.corporatestaffing.co.ke
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by Winneygirl(f): 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
While it means no big deal 2U d wearer, it might make a dent on d corporate image.
E.g. A banker might be very professional in all his doings,but his outlook matters a lot 2 d customer. Dat necklace might give d customer d impression that U are 'non-chalant'. Hw can he entrust affairs of his accounts 2 d hands of a lukewarm,nonchalant staff?
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by dantechnig: 10:33am On Dec 12, 2012
I work in a construction company for my IT but then my boss never liked it now am working in as a public servant and have wore my neckless for a year plus jus one day a man worked upto me n told me is not wise for me to wear it aldo I stopped wearing it to work but wen on leave or for weekend parols I wear it on. I bot my gold neckless since 2007 now and I cherish it. I guess it depends on ur mindset n work environment
Re: Should A Man Wear Necklace To The Office? by Mustay(m): 10:24pm On Dec 16, 2012
Someone is shaking his or her head where it is not needed. Anyway, experience is the best teacher.

Whether you like it or not, somethings are acceptable or not as 'codes of conduct'. It is largely seen as irresponsible and perhaps, experience would be the best teacher to some of us.

By the term 'office', it is safe to assume we know the kinda industries the OP is referring to.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June / looking for the best ICT Center To Acquire pratical Skills In Kaduna / Audit Command Language(acl)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.