Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. (13480 Views)

This Will Make Life Easy In Nigeria / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? / As Parents, Do We Buy Into This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by damiso(f): 9:11pm On Dec 10, 2012
Meant to be a funny thread cos i read something similar on one of these parenting websites and thought to get Nlanders 2kobo
smiley.Meant to be light hearted so pls abeg no judgy judgy holier than thou pls thank you smiley.

Hubby 's away today and tomorrow for work and though am on mat leave had to go into the officefor a meeting.So mad rush to take my kids both to nur and child minder respectively.Picked them up and as i was taking baby out of lipsrsealed his car seat realised he had done a massive no 2.when i say massive i mean massive the kind that seeps into all the clothes and as its tongue winter am talking 3 to 4 layers. embarassed.I had a long night as well cos my daughter brought home this nasty cough so i barely slept for 2 hrs so am very knackered.You know what i did put the body suits, socks,shirt everything in a bag and straight into the bin embarassed.I was too tired to start scraping poo and washing and washing before transfering to the washing machine.Bathe him and changed him and shock horror shortcut no2 (never do that) put his cerelac in his bottle when the can clearly states that you should not.Shortcut 3 gave my daughter toast and chocolate spread with hot chocolate(unhealthy combo) for dinner as i i know thats the fastest thing she will clear without drama.Just rushed it all and put them to bed

Now i can have like an hr or two to myself which really is not rest cos i still have to do some online chritmas shopping.Now laying on my bed felt a lil guilty but thought aloud to myself mi ole para mi ojere(i cant kill myself).Its not like its the norm as am normally very uptight about my kids hygiene and diet.Got me thinking behind the facadehave of feeding healty meals,being clean,being tidy etcDo we mums or should i say parents break those rules once in a while.So kindly) share yours.Forgot to add did not clean their teeth as well but i sure aint waking no child up again.Its ME time ;

11 Likes

Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by Debsolat(f): 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2012
Hahaha, did the same tonight. Like you I'm still on mat leave but baby's clothes ended up in the bin because the look of that No 2 was enough to make me tired. We need some 'me' time once in a while. You just reminded me I need to finish the rest of Christmas shopping. Haaaa

3 Likes

Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 11, 2012
Ha! I've had a lot of cheeky shortcuts myself,

I've thrown out body suits in the garbage too cos of those yellow seedy poops and especially cos it's white fabric cool

Sometimes lazy to make supper and buy happy meals instead and supper's settled .

Out of diapers and in a 'mi o le pa ara mi' mood and used toddler's pull up for the baby.

Out of 2% milk and used evaporated milk mixed with water, very bad idea cool ( refused straight up)

Out of pasta sauce and used tomato soup and worked great! who knows eh?

On school nights, Instead of one by one bath time , put everybody in the jacuzzi including moi and everybody's bath is done at a time without hassle grin

And many more grin

7 Likes

Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 11, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 11, 2012
and there i was thinking i was a bad mum for throwing away body suits grin grin grin grin

i also do the one week plaits - chei by friday the beauty of the monday hair is long gone
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 11, 2012
Me too I do cornrows every Sundays..... the ponytails comes out everytime and I end up fixing every morning.

Instead I do brush style in front and do like 6 all back cornrows and voila! Only on lazy Sundays grin

1 Like

Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 11, 2012
na ur eye be dis cotton? grin I was still looking for the thread where you wanted to ask me something embarassed
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 11, 2012
cotton101: and there i was thinking i was a bad mum for throwing away body suits grin grin grin grin

i also do the one week plaits - chei by friday the beauty of the monday hair is long gone

Not you only o! I buy Carter's and they're very cheap grin
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 11, 2012
madam cc if u know the stomach bug me and my daughter have been battling eh - hmmmm o i hate winter
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by blank(f): 7:43am On Dec 11, 2012
Got back from work by 8pm. Put my 2 month old baby in a bathing bucket and that was it for his night bath. Hope he didn't wee inside it sha. Gave my toddler cough syrup so he could sleep without his usual drama. Then put all their dirty, stained clothes to soak in hot water and called it a night.

1 Like

Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 11, 2012
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by Debsolat(f): 9:08am On Dec 11, 2012
Bless you all, my little man is down with cold too and I don't know if it's to do with teething because the way I wrap him up, he shouldn't have any cold. By the way, we are all great parents just trying to make life easier. Hehehe
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by feminineA: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2012
Few night ago, did all night cause my baby couldn't sleep just restless. With all the carry over sleep and all. Second day again she started the trail when it was 11pm and realised that I wasn't making headway though all she needed was someone to rock her to sleep and I was too tired and feeling sleepy. I just got up, carried her,pick up piriton and dropped few drops in her mouth. Within 10mins she was gone!

2 Likes

Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by damiso(f): 10:56am On Dec 11, 2012
Glad to see am not the only one who throws away body suits grin
Eeya cotton seems this weather just brings all sorts.Did another night vigil last night cos my baby has one kain cough that is mucusy.Poor boy cant breath properly and me i cant do that gross sucking mucus out thing,his dad does it and amazingly temporarily soothes the breathing.Trust uk gps never to prescribe stuff for babies.Am practically using my last strenght embarassed.

As for the plaits we are plenty o had to consult that CC thread cos my daughter's hair is something else.I used to say before i had kids wassup with all this lazy women that just pack their kids to MCdees.Now i know better,God bless you ronald Mcdonald wink

Know i should not say this but my SIL let me into one secret.There was this cold flu medicine Medised think they no longer do it for under 6's.The thing can knock out
So one time when travelling long haul knowinf how my daughter can like to show herself om planes lipsrsealed gave her 5 ml (even tho she no get flu) and voila had a sleeping child for like 4 hrs of the 7 hr flight lipsrsealed.I kniw not nice but you really dont want to be the next passenger when flying with my daughter.Aww parenthood when i was single if i get into the plane and see am sitting next to someone with kids i sha used to look for a way to move seats, dont want wailing and whingeing for 6 to 10 hrs.Now i so understand. cry
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by smartmom(f): 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2012
Still laughin my head off at all these antics! over here in naija when I had my 1st about 20 years ago, terrycloth napkins was what we were using and then, the 'right'thing to do was to rinse off poop from the napkins, soak in cool water with antiseptic before washing either by hand or washing machine. As for me, I always took the shortcut, threw the yuck smelly napkin into the machine(afterall it cant talk can it? wink) and set it for rinse before washing with 100 degrees hot wash and guess what they always came out brilliant clean/white and my ever critical mom wink even praised my neat parenting skills!

And comes the instant noodles one too(I still feel guilty with this one) but heck wetin person go do? when they come home and the food isnt ready yet, I quickly throw in the instant noodles into water, scoop in some meat from the stew and any available vegetable(I keep some chopped and in the fridge for these emergency times) and taara! a meal is served!
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by yuzedo: 2:12pm On Dec 11, 2012
Wow! Y'all go through a lot o! shocked
And we don't respect women enough?! undecided angry
God bless all good, loving and long-suffering mothers out there! Hugs to you all! Bless your souls! kiss
... Real eye-opener i tellya! GUYS, WE NEED TO START ACTING RIGHT AND SUPPORTING OUR WOMEN! cry

**Playing/Dedicating Keep Ya Head Up and Dear Mama, both by Tupac**

1 Like

Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2012
yuzedo: Wow! Y'all go through a lot o! shocked
God bless all good, loving and long-suffering mothers out there! Hugs to you all! Bless your souls! kiss
... Real eye-opener i tellya! GUYS, WE NEED TO START ACTING RIGHT AND SUPPORTING OUR WOMEN! cry

*Nods head*
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by nnekaregy(f): 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2012
As for me am just starting and am already feeling d heat, my baby is not sucking well and i have to xpress milk and it can be so tiring. Any idea on what to do? , i dont want to start milk now till after maternity leave.
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by ektbear: 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2012
Thread should be titled "Cheeky shortcuts we take as mothers..."

Or where are the fathers here?
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by VirginFinder: 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
yuzedo: Wow! Y'all go through a lot o! shocked

It's a married women's thread.
Their posts have been fun to read so far.
Woman wrappers like you should just stick to reading.
Another opportunity will present itself soon.Be patient.
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by crackhaus: 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
Oh crap, I entered the wrong thread again... Thumbs up to you mommas though I seriously don't understand your vocabulary.
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by Daresh(f): 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
Cereal for dinner is always the easiest way out.

Out of Kids toothpaste and I use my

Too tired to heat water and use cold water to bathe them(abeg sleep dey my eye)

Indomie for dinner

2 Likes

Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by 80million1: 2:40pm On Dec 11, 2012
*speechless*

Are u for real?
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by SherlockHolmes1(m): 2:49pm On Dec 11, 2012
hmmn...i hail thee mothers **quietly walks out**
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by hyelhira: 2:53pm On Dec 11, 2012
Weldome mums. You are all highly appreciated. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by damiso(f): 2:54pm On Dec 11, 2012
@the poster who said thread is for mums,dads are welcome to share.I know when hubby is in charge he takes 10 times more shortcuts i.e.putting sugar in cereal(i dont and i noticed my daughter prefers daddy giving breakfast smiley),mixing ribena with one part ribena two parts water(i am so sugar intake conscious so mine is one part ribena ten parts water ends tadting like coloured water smiley) ,bribing with sweets and chocs which i dont normally do,bathing applying lotion and wearing clothes in 10 mins sharp Etc
The girl prefers daddy's watch cos mummy is a tyrant cry

2 Likes

Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by funkymedina: 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2012
geat thread, didnt know there were so many mums in da haouse.!

Indomie is the ultimate short cut meal . ready in two minutes
Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by obyikye(f): 3:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
cleaning their bodies with damp towel, making beverage with bread for dinner when extremely tired. soaked instant noodle for lunch.

1 Like

Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by tEsLim(m): 3:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
Yeah women always want to be appreciated. Nobody cares to know how the new family car sitting in the garage arrived. And the house is 100% cash down payment. I bought her car after so much pressure and now I have to gas/fix it too? How the family financial budget keeps rising inexplicably? Yeah and I traded the idea of a BMW/Audi for that family bus and got an average Honda for daily commute. Yes I cook too their mom knows when she met me. I'm still a better cook. But just too busy now. Now I wait 1hour+ for you guys to dress up when we going out. How come you are asking me where Ope's shoes are? A Do I share socks/shoes with him? And how I'm almost an outcast in my own house. You want African Magic, Kids want Carton Network and you guy see me as a boring guy that watches CNN/EuroNews/Bloomberg/Channels TV ... There is a lot of 'cheeky' tricks I put up with too.. we just don't talk about it much. Ofcourse I'm not a superman so something must have been happening behind the scene.

Those are challenges of being a father/husband.

Appreciate me too!

Well the above is kinda joke. half truth, half joke. I do a lot too sha. Change diapers, they prefer me take their bath. Mom is easily provoked and beats them up. Dont know why they cry more when she baths them. Always complains about soap getting in their eyes but with me no. They're boys so its more fun for us to go out together, shop together. I watch Ben10 too. Though I'm more into older cartoons like Vultron.

11 Likes

Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by Catchfire1: 3:14pm On Dec 11, 2012
I miss my mother cry cry

1 Like

Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2012
tEsLim: Yeah women always want to be appreciated. Nobody cares to know how the new family car sitting in the garage arrived. And the house is 100% cash down payment. I bought her car after so much pressure and now I have to gas/fix it too? How the family financial budget keeps rising inexplicably? Yeah and I traded the idea of a BMW/Audi for that family bus and got an average Honda for daily commute. Yes I cook too their mom knows when she met me. I'm still a better cook. But just too busy now. Now I wait 1hour+ for you guys to dress up when we going out. How come you are asking me where Ope's shoes are? A Do I share socks/shoes with him? And how I'm almost an outcast in my own house. You want African Magic, Kids want Carton Network and you guy see me as a boring guy that watches CNN/EuroNews/Bloomberg/Channels TV ... There is a lot of 'cheeky' tricks I put up with too.. we just don't talk about it much. Ofcourse I'm not a superman so something must have been happening behind the scene.

Those are challenges of being a father/husband.

Appreciate me too!

Well the above is kinda joke. half truth, half joke. I do a lot too sha. Change diapers, they prefer me take their bath. Mom is easily provoked and beats them up. Dont know why they cry more when she baths them. Always complains about soap getting in their eyes but with me no. They're boys so its more fun for us to go out together, shop together. I watch Ben10 too. Though I'm more into older cartoons like Vultron.
Daddy, cartoon na cartoon which one be older cartoon? grin

1 Like

Re: Cheeky Shortcuts We Take As Parents To Make Life Easier. by fiosexy(f): 3:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
Ist tym mum, my baby won't let me sleep @ nite wat do i do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Love You Caitlyn Jenner!!!! When Your Father Becomes A WOMAN!!!! / What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents / Pastor Nick Vujicic And Family (photos): God Is Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.