Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim (28934 Views)

Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue / Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue State / Best Pool To Learn To Swim In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by TheGister: 9:19am On Dec 11, 2012

They are too young to walk and talk but tiny twins William and Ellenita Trykush can swim a length of a 25-metre pool at just nine months old.

The water babies love gliding up and down on their backs, kicking their legs to propel themselves along.nd as this delightful underwater picture shows, they even smile while they’re swimming.

Their achievements are even more astonishing given that they were born by emergency caesarean six weeks early.

The twins’ extraordinary talent emerged during a family holiday to Cyprus in October when they began to swim underwater, unaided and without armbands.

On their return to Cirencester, Gloucestershire, their mother Charlotte, 35, took them to local baby pool at the Cotsworld Leisure Centre where they both suddenly set off on their backs.
‘It was astonishing. First they did five metres, then a width at seven metres, and then a length of 12 metres,’ said French-born Mrs Trykush, a former swimming coach.

We were so excited – all the receptionists and swimming coaches came to watch and were amazed.

‘One of the coaches has been teaching for 20 years and she said she’d never seen anything like it.

‘I think it comes naturally to them, as they are too young to actually learn the strokes.’

Mr and Mrs Trykush, who are both youth workers, married in September 2008 and discovered they were expecting in July last year.

It was only at their 12 week scan that they discovered they were having not one, but two.

Mr Trykush, 49, said: ‘When I saw the two little dots on the screen it was just amazing.

‘I sank to my knees and shouted “Yes!” as if Chelsea had won the cup.

They were born by emergency Caesarean on 7 February, Ellenita first at five pounds (2.24kg) and then William at four-and-half pounds (2.07kg).

William had swallowed a large amount of blood, which had to be sucked out his stomach, and was severely jaundiced.

‘It was a very traumatic birth and William nearly died,’ said Mrs Trykush. ‘They were in incubators for three weeks but I was just so relieved they were going to be OK.

‘They were so premature and small that although I’d intended to take them swimming as soon as possible, I was worried they would get too cold in the water.
cc:nd as this delightful underwater picture shows, they even smile while they’re swimming.

Their achievements are even more astonishing given that they were born by emergency caesarean six weeks early.

The twins’ extraordinary talent emerged during a family holiday to Cyprus in October when they began to swim underwater, unaided and without armbands.

cc:http://www./meet-the-water

2 Likes

Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by ayobase(m): 11:08am On Dec 11, 2012
This is .......
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by ibitomisi: 11:14am On Dec 11, 2012
it is un call for
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by smoothlips(m): 11:16am On Dec 11, 2012
:DNo 3 today!......the babies can swim, good for them
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by coogar: 11:16am On Dec 11, 2012
most babies can swim at 9 months - were they not swimming in their mother's belly before birth?

9 Likes

Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by methodman(m): 11:16am On Dec 11, 2012
mouth wide open.....# saliva dropping#
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by cyril83(m): 11:18am On Dec 11, 2012
These fishes in human pictures must have nostril
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by ameer2: 11:19am On Dec 11, 2012
Na lie..
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Goldieluks: 11:20am On Dec 11, 2012
coogar: most babies can swim at 9 months - were they not swimming in their mother's belly before birth?

You took the words from my mouth. The earlier one teaches a baby to swim, the more efficient the baby becomes.
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by ektbear: 11:20am On Dec 11, 2012
Pretty cool.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by 5much(m): 11:20am On Dec 11, 2012
wow! dis is unbelievable.
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Okijajuju1(m): 11:23am On Dec 11, 2012
Marine spirit.... Send them to Mountain of Fire... angry

14 Likes

Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Ibime(m): 11:24am On Dec 11, 2012
Gangstas! No need for armband! cheesy
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by dridowu: 11:25am On Dec 11, 2012
Mammy Water babies. Future Micheal Phlep

3 Likes

Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Jyde89: 11:26am On Dec 11, 2012
pompori king: .phuck dem jhor..
no wonder 9ja isn't moving forward... Haba, oloriburuku.

1 Like

Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Nwoka(m): 11:30am On Dec 11, 2012
Just waiting for someone to call them "children from the marine kingdom" -____-

2 Likes

Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by butterflyy(f): 11:33am On Dec 11, 2012
Wow, this is amazing, me lovey
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by TeenageMoney(m): 11:35am On Dec 11, 2012
Wooooooooooow... Wonderful... I love swimmers... wish they from enugu, dem for rep. Us for swimming in Eko2012

1 Like

Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 11, 2012
Photostore grin
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by labamo07(m): 11:35am On Dec 11, 2012
Fish babies.......yu sure say dem no be mammy-water nephews sha
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by greall1: 11:38am On Dec 11, 2012
Dis one na babies water.
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 11, 2012
Signs of ENDTIME grin

2 Likes

Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by greall1: 11:41am On Dec 11, 2012
Photostore
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by RedLight1: 11:41am On Dec 11, 2012
they look like toys undecided
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by coogar: 11:44am On Dec 11, 2012
greall1: Photostore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufbtjAM4P6M

Goldieluks:

You took the words from my mouth. The earlier one teaches a baby to swim, the more efficient the baby becomes.

i have seen babies of 4 months in the pool taking swimming lessons from their mums. it's a natural instinct - it's fear that prevents people from swimming!
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by AreaFada2: 11:47am On Dec 11, 2012
Well, babies swim for nine months before they are born.
The twins probably practised using their limbs well by fighting & kicking each other in the womb as latest scan pictures showed about a week ago.
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by maygah(f): 11:48am On Dec 11, 2012
cyril83: These fishes in human pictures must have nostril
dey re fishes Gbam
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by jaybee(f): 11:48am On Dec 11, 2012
coogar: most babies can swim at 9 months - were they not swimming in their mother's belly before birth?

Babies swim and kick in their mothers' wombs many months before their birth. this is not strange.
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by dasparrow: 11:49am On Dec 11, 2012
@Post

This is nothing new. Most babies can swim few weeks after they come out of the womb. White people and their media generally speaking like making a big deal out of nothing often times. They like to sensationalize stuff that is not worth sensationalizing.

NEXT!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos / 19-Year-Old Female Student Killed By Hit And Run Driver In Bayelsa. Graphic Pics / Stupid Questions To Avoid As A Bachelor Or Spinster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.