Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,608 members, 7,955,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:26 PM

Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos (29029 Views)

Friend Of Twin Brothers, Shot By Drunk Policeman Wore RIP Trouser ; PHOTO / Mapoly Student Shot Dead 45 mins after his Final Paper(picture) / Man Shot By Drunk Policeman Loses Eye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by ralphcrown1: 9:27am On Jul 16, 2014
A female undergraduate of Babcock University, Ms Busayo Ogunkoya, has been killed by one Azeez Ibrahim during a birthday party in a hotel in the Ikorodu area of Lagos. Immediately the incident happened, there was confusion in the vicinity as many of the invited guests fled the hotel.

A source who was present during the unfortunate incident disclosed that Ibrahim was drunk. He said that “the incident happened on Saturday night when Busayo and her friends were having a party.

“She did not know the person celebrating, but she was invited to the party by her boyfriend. The party was going on fine until...

"Ibrahim, the security man, who was holding a gun which he claimed he had seized from some robbers, mishandled the gun and fired a bullet which hit Busayo. The guard was said to be drunk.”

According to Punch, the incident took place on Saturday evening, July 5, 2014, at Mambillah Hotel, when the guard fired a shot that killed Busayo. The bullet lodged in the neck region of the victim.

She was rushed to a private hospital in the area where she was confirmed dead. Policemen from the Owutu Police Division were said to have arrived at the scene and arrested the guard, the assistant manager of the hotel and the victim’s boyfriend.

Mambillah, which is one of the popular hotels in the Ikorodu area of Lagos, bore a gloomy look all through. A resident confided in Punch that since the tragedy, the hotel had been shut to guests and no music had been played during the daytime as was the practice.

A large number of security officials was also said to have been deployed in the hotel to prevent attack from some aggrieved youths in the area.

A young boy, who did not identify himself for security reason, said the incident left a bloody trail. He said, “On Sunday morning when I wanted to do something in the hotel, I noticed blood on the ground. I cannot say exactly how the incident happened, but I learnt a lady was killed the previous night.”

Ibrahim, the guard who fired the killer shot, owned a house in Ikorodu. Punch spoke with one of his tenants, who pleaded anonymity for security reasons. The tenant described Ibrahim as a caring landlord who was only a victim of some “forces.”

She said, “He is such a nice and caring landlord. I have been living in his house for a long time and he has never made any trouble with me. I know he is just a victim of some forces beyond his control. He could not have deliberately killed the girl and I hope the police authorities would have mercy on him.”

When contacted, the manager of the hotel said he had nothing to say.

The Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, Lelma Kolle, an ASP, however, confirmed the incident. The case has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba, for investigation.

http://www.today.ng/metro/security-guard-kills-babcock-university-female-student-in-hotel/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
http://www.ralphcrown.com/2014/07/female-student-of-babcock-university.html
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by Odunharry(m): 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
2much higness no good

RIP to the dead
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by hrmkz: 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2014
bday tinz turn sour...
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by Realone92(m): 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2014
gone too soon RIP cry

2 Likes

Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by iceberylin(m): 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2014
can't remember when last I saw Good News on Nl. ..

RIP to the dead..

those bo0bs tho. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by sammieguze(m): 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
message to all the party crashers, follofollo and mogbomoya fans club.... be careful

RIP to the dead though cry

what a waste of valuable assets

2 Likes

Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by omanifrank(m): 5:30pm On Jul 16, 2014
na wa o
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by dridowu: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hmmmmmmm Sun re ooooooooooo
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by lonelydora: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
Rip
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by Guykhena(m): 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
damn,our students of nowadays too like party....
iceberylin: can't remember when last I saw Good News on Nl. ..
RIP to the dead..
those bo0bs tho smiley
angry Nigga have respect for the dead

2 Likes

Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE sad

@OP THE PICTURE IS UNNECESSARY

4 Likes

Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by aIIkae: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
choi.....ur waist
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by aIIkae: 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
choi.....ur waist....ur waste...
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by Norajones(f): 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
What an end,,,n he'll say he did it unda d influence of alcohol..i reject dis kind death

2 Likes

Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by whytnblack: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
O ma shee ooo!!! Can't comment.
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2014

RIP to the dead..

those bo0bs tho. smiley

SO ALL U COULD NOTICE WAS BOOBS.TOO MANY PERVERTED FOLKS IN NAIJA SMHangry

2 Likes

Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by Aromas: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
Such is life
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by freecharles(m): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
I no read the story sha....but RIP to d dead
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by MARKone(m): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
Na Busayo be that undecided, they for look for a more descent picture of her's and post.

RIP.
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by Rajy00(m): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
ar u sure its cos of d highness? pikin wey slap him papa due to highness....has dat in mind before... notin good comes out of alcohol... blame it on d highness i guess....
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by Wisdomkosi(m): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
aIIkae: choi.....ur waist
upon say the girl don die you still dey shout ur waist. smh

1 Like

Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by SpencerLewis(m): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
Most of these things cd be avoided. Likely her parents may not be away dat she has gone for a party. May her soul RIP. May God console her bereaved family. meanwh, 2nd to comment(1st in my NL history). Dancing ASONTO.

1 Like

Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by iceberylin(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2014
Guykhena: damn,our students of nowadays too like party....
angry Nigga have respect for the dead
a compliment dosnt hurt
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by Wisdomkosi(m): 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2014

RIP to the dead..

those bo0bs tho. smiley
u dey high abi?
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
RIP to the dead girl.
Last Bullet
Is this Op well?
Which kind pic be dz 4 d thread?

2 Likes

Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by Dexpro: 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by eghos12(m): 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
ayah rest in peace young lady. As for guard drink well o
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by passionate88: 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
Rest In Peace to the deceased.
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by zuma4k(m): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
QUITE UNFORTUNATE...
Re: Babcock Student Shot Dead By Drunk Security Guard In Lagos by iceberylin(m): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
Wisdomkosi: u dey high abi?
that post has made me a celebrity...

everybody wana Quote me ni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning / The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim / Explosion At Anioma Filling Station Asaba (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.