Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola (18885 Views)

Two Brave Yoruba Men Standing Firm In Opposition / Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo With President Buhari And Gordon Brown / APC's Tweets Of Obasanjo Blasting Jonathan, Endorses APC At All Levels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by MegaMan2020: 4:49pm On Dec 12, 2012
nkem Kalu: WHY DID HE FELL ELECTION IN HIS LOCAL GOVT. IN 1999 AND 2003? EVEN THE DAUGHTER IYABO WAS TROUNCED IN HER OWN POLLING BOOT.......ANYWAY, HE REMAINS RELEVANT IN RIGGING ELECTIONS AS NOBODY KNOW HIM FOR ANYTHING GOOD

Can you name me an Igbo president? I thought no. Get out of here Okoro.
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by MegaMan2020: 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2012
'm a Yoruba man and I'm very proud of baba Obasanjo. I see Igbos don kill themselves with jealousy grin" I'm also proud of my culture and language unlike some villagers from the East I know lol. Omo Yoruba !!!
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by MegaMan2020: 4:56pm On Dec 12, 2012
Zeus I: It's unfortunate to Yorubas that his father is of Igbo royalty.

Why do you Igbos always try to claim things that aren't yours? If Obansanjo's father is really that Igbo that goes to show how useless the Igbo man is for letting his son parade as a Yoruba man. Why doesn't he have an Igbo Surname? It's because he's not one ! He's Yoruba. Abeg, get your own politicians instead of false claiming others.
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by bushwailo: 5:12pm On Dec 12, 2012
Of course Yorubas ought to be proud of a national icon like OBJ.
As far as I am concerned he is clearly the best to have emerged from Yorubaland.
But my Yoruba brothers prefer to embrace a failure like Awo.

Nigerias most devious divisive tribalist president that never was undecided
A man of almost zero relevance outside yorubaland.
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by MegaMan2020: 5:19pm On Dec 12, 2012
bushwailo: Of course Yorubas ought to be proud of a national icon like OBJ.
As far as I am concerned he is clearly the best to have emerged from Yorubaland.
But my Yoruba brothers prefer to embrace a failure like Awo.

Nigerias most devious divisive tribalist president that never was undecided
A man of almost zero relevance outside yorubaland.

Your Yoruba brothers? I'm not your brother Okoro. Is it possible for me to be brothers with lowly Igbos? As for Awo? The same man that gave all you Okoros free education? He's easily the best president Nigeria never had. And if Awo has zero relevance outside of Yorubaland why have the Igbos been screaming bloody murder about him since the end of the war?
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by ikooko(m): 5:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
Toaskarity:
you can understand whatever you want! and lemme help you, yes im Igbo and for the fact that i disagree with u on the most "ugliest creature both physical and in mind ever created on earth" makes you think im something else then fu...c..k you and Obasanjo! if anyway you realate to him pls help me convey this to him-He(Olusegun Obanjo) is a monkey c..un..t!! pls if there is any facebook link or any media that glorifies him and he knows about it, pls send me the link so i can say it loudly!!! Both you and ppl that glorify him must have gain a lot from him, but remember all you guys enjoying is the things of the million poor ppl inthat country and the blood of innocent ppl killed by him from udi to other millions. Again you guys shld stop decieving urselves that he is known world wide!! thats a bloody lie, his companion George bush dont even make noise anylonger though Bush was way better, atleast He has the interest of united states b4 taking action! but who interest do obj have ? just for ppl like u and himself!! when you ppl and obasanjo dies satan wont even save you guys from the massacre of dead ppl he killed, just bet my words. nonsense!

You're not even intelligent enough to answer a simple question, see the way you blew your cover. May I educate you that you don't win an arguement by abusing your opponent? You only need to state and present your facts. Once again, name your tribemen who has more achievement for Nigeria than BABA OBJ.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by ugotim: 6:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
who killed bola Ige? i hope this is not a jest

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by cytellProperty: 8:12pm On Dec 12, 2012
ikooko:

You're not even intelligent enough to answer a simple question, see the way you blew your cover. May I educate you that you don't win an arguement by abusing your opponent? You only need to state and present your facts. Once again, name your tribemen who has more achievement for Nigeria than BABA OBJ.
He is one of the jobless guys on Nairaland, they just talk blindly and never appreciate anything. If they were in OBJ's shoes, they will do worst.
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by bossboss1: 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2012
niggadee: every yoruba men not man

public show of shame. smh.
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
miqos02: Osun State governor, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, has praised the virtues of former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, describing him as a man whom every Yoruba man must be proud of.

Governor Aregbesola, who gave the commendation in Osogbo, on Monday, when he led a delegation of Owu Foundation to the governor’s office, said the state government held the former president in high esteem, a reason he was accorded the honour he rightly deserved by being asked to unveil the statue of late Bola Ige erected at the entrance to the governor’s office.

According to the governor, “It is not for nothing that Chief Obasanjo is a Yoruba person. As a Yoruba man, we must be proud of his achievements.

Governor Aregbesola said that once the powers that be recognise in the Yoruba people a lover of federalism and freedom, they would find the Yoruba the best of people to befriend and be with.

He averred that to subdue a people who want to be free would always breed chaos as Yoruba people always stopped at nothing to resist losing their freedom and autonomy.

He said: “Yoruba thrive on federalism. What I want the country to know is the fact that as far as our autonomy and freedom are recognized, we could be the best any people could have as neighbors.”

Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, had on Monday, stormed Osun State in a visit to Governor Aregbesola’s office to commission the bust of former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice the late Chief Bola Ige, which was erected in front of the governor’s office, Osogbo.

The visit, which took political class and cross section of the people in the state by surprise attracted a crowd who struggled to catch a glimpse of the former president and ascertain his mission in the state governed by Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN)-led administration of Aregbesola.

Donning light green guinea brocade with a cap to match, Obasanjo who also led a high-powered delegation of Owu Development Foundation to the governor told his host that, “You have successfully ambushed me.”

src: http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/903-
YEEEESSSSSS WOOOO! we must be proud of him for teaching us how to 4uck our daugther in-laws......Gbenga Obasanjo can bear us witness! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Aarenaija: 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
OBJ is a Yoruba man that must be respected. Yes, an average Yoruba man will tell you to your face
that are going in the wrong direction; Obasanjo is not excepted from this principle. If an elder is
wrong you tell him so he can appraise his ways and that is how you know a sane society; which the Yoruba Nation is.
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by tomiedatlo: 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2012
ogele: I am an Igbo man and I am very very proud of him OBJ...God bless OBJ and may he live long...he is one that believe in the Unity of Nigeria. bb pin 28e179d4
Well said broda...Cos d man ws neva Tribalistic for once n dat is wat unity is al abt so kudos to him for dat may God bless him
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by bushwailo: 11:30pm On Dec 12, 2012
MegaMan2020:

Your Yoruba brothers? I'm not your brother Okoro. Is it possible for me to be brothers with lowly Igbos? As for Awo? The same man that gave all you Okoros free education? He's easily the best president Nigeria never had. And if Awo has zero relevance outside of Yorubaland why have the Igbos been screaming bloody murder about him since the end of the war?
From your utterances, I can see that you are a Awoist .
You thought process is has exposed you.

To you is its all about how Igbos are not your brother, neither is anyone else.
Exactly how you devious role model introduced tribalism into Nigerian politics.

Come to Naija Delta and mention that fools name, if you are a highly Yoruba. Monkey !
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]Obasanjo Is The Most Corrupt Nigerian-Gani Fawehinmi[/size]
Posted: June 1, 2007 - 01:00

Finally, Olusegun Obasanjo is on his way out after eight years as Nigeria’s president. Could you assess his tenure?

Eight years of self-centred disposition, eight years of wayo, eight years of deception, eight years of creating a few rich people, eight years of anti-masses programmes, eight years of deliberate junketing all over the world, eight years of make-believe, eight years of dictatorship, eight years of lack of coherent policies, eight years of so much wealth coming to the hands of government out of which Nigerians received aggravated poverty and economic pain.

When Obasanjo first came to power in 1999, many Nigerians had high hopes that they would get rid of dictatorial tendencies which characterised military rule, but unfortunately, we had a tyrant in democratic toga. We expected that the provisions of the constitution vis-à-vis the welfare of the people and their security would be the focus of the government because Section 14, sub-section 2b of the Constitution says that the security and welfare of the people shall be the primary focus of government. Alas! it was not to be under the government of Obasanjo. Take security for instance. He opened up the insecurity of this country in November 1999 when he gave orders to shoot on sight in Odi. And more than 2500 Nigerians were slaughtered because, unfortunately, 13 policemen were missing as a result of the protestation of the Odi people in Bayelsa State.
You saw the killing in Zaki Biam in Benue State. We saw him give an order in Lagos State to shoot the OPC on sight and we protested. And since he gave the signal that human life counted for nothing, police followed the queue, extra-judicial killings became the agenda of the government. Every respectable human rights organisation abroad rated Nigeria very low in terms of extra-judicial killing. Thousands of Nigerians were slaughtered without a recourse to the judicial process by the police and other security agencies, to the extent that it became the culture of Nigerians to ritualise human lives. Legs, hands and other parts of human bodies became a common commodity in markets and dead bodies were being picked here and there, headless. That was Obasanjo’s regime and what human dignity meant for that regime for eight years.

For welfare, Nigerians have never had it so bad in their millions. Instead of government to give employment, it became the stock in trade of this regime to send workers to the unemployment market by all sorts of epithet with ignoble description such as down-sizing, reducing the labour force and so on. Unemployment became unbelievably rampant to the extent that workers approached the doors of government offices with trepidation, thinking they would be sacked any moment. Security of employment became nil in government services. In the private sector, profit motive was taken to a most ungodly level. Sack became a culture of the private sector. Whenever the private sector wanted more profit, they resorted to showing workers out without adequate recompense and this was aggravated by the so-called economic reforms of General Obasanjo where the heritage of Nigeria was sold, not even to the highest bidders but to the favoured bidders, contrary to the Constitution of Nigeria.
The major sectors of our economy were placed on the building blocks of rapacious entrepreneurs, many of whom are in government, using proxies to purchase government properties, courtesy of the Bureau of Public Enterprises, and contrary in Section 16, sub-section 4 of the constitution which says that the major sectors of the economy shall be managed, operated and run by the Federal Government of Nigeria, solely and exclusively.

But today, the major sectors are being sold. The latest example is the refinery in Port Harcourt, one of the four refineries in Nigeria. For eight years, Obasanjo did not build a single refinery to ensure a total reduction in the costs of petroleum products. Instead, Obasanjo, contrary to the Constitution of Nigeria, sold and he is still in the process of selling even in the dying days of the regime, the major sectors of our economy at give-away prices. Look at NITEL, another government investment that is relevant to the welfare of Nigerian people, it is still in the same mess. Our constitution says that economy of the country should not be operated in such a way that wealth would be concentrated in a few hands, but we are now having the very opposite of what the constitution says should be done. A company emerged, called Transcorp. There was no Transcorp before Obasanjo but Transcorp emerged from the bowel of Aso Rock, founded with the collaboration, connivance and conceptualisation of General Obasanjo to the extent that he owns 200 million shares. According to him, it will be the pillar of the private sector emerging in Nigeria. There is little difference between Transcorp and General Olusegun Obasanjo, except that a few favoured friends were brought into Transcorp. Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke, the Director-General of the Nigerian Stock Exchange who is supposed to be a public officer runs the Transcorp with General Obasanjo. Both public officers contravened the code of conduct in the 5th and 3rd Schedules of the Constitution. Behold! General Obasanjo was never taken before the Code of Conduct Bureau for this. I protested to the Code of Conduct, I protested to the National Assembly, nothing came out of it. Here is a man who abused his office, set up a company to acquire the heritage of Nigerians. Today, Transcorp has acquired Nicon Hilton, and it has acquired NITEL. If this is not corruption, then I don’t know what corruption means.

To me, Obasanjo is the most corrupt Nigerian and I will never agree with anyone who says Obasanjo is not corrupt. We see it everywhere. This man was in prison for three years and his Ota farm which was in bankruptcy then was almost sold. They were thinking of how to sell most of his properties. Today, Obasanjo’s farm is rated as one of the richest in the world, all in a space of eight years that he governed Nigeria. If that is not corruption, then I don’t know what corruption means. If that is not abuse of office, then I do not know what abuse of office means. I protested to the National Assembly, I protested to various organisations, that look, under the Code of Conduct, Nigerians are entitled to go there and ask for all the declaration of assets of any public officer, on conditions that may be prescribed by the National Assembly. We asked the National Assembly to give us the conditions so that we can exercise our rights to know what had been declared by Obasanjo and others, including members of the National Assembly. But till today, they never gave us those conditions. So, Nigerians don’t even have access to the assets declared by the public officers. No public officer’s assets can be examined.

This regime will go down in history as the most corrupt regime in the history of this country in the sense that no regime ever made so much money as was made under Obasanjo’s regime. It got to a point that the price of one barrel of crude oil was fetching $70 and Nigeria at that time was producing 3,150,000 (three million, one hundred and fifty thousand) barrels per day. As we talk, the Federal Government is making more than N200,000,000 (two hundred million dollars) everyday, including Sunday. The more money the Obasanjo regime made the poorer the Nigerian people became. And the more money the Obasanjo regime made, the richer a few people became, including Mr. President himself.

Yes, there was a battle against corruption. A young man emerged like an oasis in the desert, called Nuhu Ribadu, under the auspices of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, which I have often described as a positive accident in this regime. Positive accident because Obasanjo did not plan to fight against corruption because he is corrupt himself. But because he was under pressure from international organisations, like Transparency International that wanted some sort of actions against corruption, he was forced to bring about EFCC. He brought a young man named Ribadu, he never expected that Ribadu would perform that good. So, Ribadu’s performance is an oasis in the desert of corruption. What we are now hoping is that Ribadu, after May 29 will look at the records again, will look at the complaints of Nigerians, including mine, against Obasanjo. For example, his library took me to court. His library which he launched on May 14, 2005 at Abeokuta garnered N8.5 billion. [Femi] Otedola gave N250 million; [Otunba Mike] Adenuga N350 million; [Aliko] Dangote, N220 million; consortium of banks N1.9 billion; consortium of oil companies N2.4 billion and so on. These oil companies we talk about, for eight years Obasanjo was the Minister of Petroleum Resources apart from being the head of state. No oil block was ever given to anybody without the connivance and approval of General Olusegun Obasanjo. He was more active as an oil minister than Mr. President. So there must be more than meets the eye.

I will therefore want Ribadu to dust all files, to look at all records and do a thorough investigation into the administration of General Obasanjo, into the personal fortunes of Obasanjo, into the family fortunes of Obasanjo and into Obasanjo’s fortunes all over the world. And let us come with the correct analysis and truth about Olusegun Obasanjo. So that when the facts are all gathered and known, Ribadu will then take the matter to court and charge Obasanjo for corruption and abuse of office. So that the truth will be told about this man who pretended so much.

I will believe the late Gani Fawehinmi ( peace be unto him) a million times before believing any words out of the mouth of the Emir of the state of Osun
Thanks for this piece

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by PointB: 2:43am On Dec 13, 2012
babyosisi: What a shame
A man that ruled a nation for more than a decade and has nothing but failure to show for it
Obasanjo wanted to change our constitution to rule a third term and steal some more
Obasanjo crippled our telephone system
Obasanjo destroyed our national airways
Obasanjo looted our treasury and built a university and a farm and amassed wealth untold
As a soldier Obasanjo massacred innocent civilians
As a ruler he ordered the massacre of innocent civilians too
He left Nigeria worse than he met it
He left us no roads,no running water,no electricity,no jobs
Lootocracy was introduced by IBB and perfected by OBJ
In his tenure many disappeared and died
Morally the man is a Dog and a pig rolled into one
He elevated his mistresses and children into positions of authority
He slept with family members
He is shameless and classless.
Fingers still point at him for being in the know about what befell Bola Ige
What is there to be proud about such a fellow just because he is your tribesman?
The ugliest man in Nigeria gburu gburu
Nigeria is indeed full of jokers
A man who kept no promises
Got into the presidency as a deal to pacify folks for the murder of Abiola,he worked another deal and left us with an invalid called that almost threw the nation into chaos
The master of all con men
Failed as a ruler
Failed as a family man
Corruption personified
What is there to be proud of
I am ashamed such a man ever ruled a country I call home

Well said!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by redsun(m): 3:32am On Dec 13, 2012
The person that made the comment praising a thief is a thief himself. So why should a non-rogue or somedody who is not inherently fo.olish take him seriously? If this had come from a rational being like soyinka,then rational nigerians would have been concerned. But coming from a lesser subhuman than obj means a subject for the dogs to rattle about.

Obj and creatures like him will forever remain eyesores in the face of rationality. Anybody that sees otherwise is an eyesore himself.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nobody: 4:16am On Dec 13, 2012
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]How Obasanjo and his inner circle Stole Nigeria's Billions of Dollars [/size]
Friday, 09 September 2011 17:09 [elombah.com]

[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=obj_774911614.gif&size=article_medium[/img]

[b]Corruption pervades the entire levels of the private and public sector under the administration of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, so said a US Diplomatic cables revealed by wikileaks. The report said that "the arrests in London of the Bayelsa and Plateau State governors have barely scratched the surface of the endemic corruption at the federal, state, and local level. The diplomatic cables noted that in a widely-circulated August 22 letter to President Obasanjo, Abia State Governor Orji Uzor Kalu accused Obasanjo of corruption, listing a number of dubious deals, including:

--Cancellation of the contract for the construction of the national stadium in Abuja, only to re-award the contract to a different vendor at a higher price.

--Use of public funds for capital improvements at two private schools secretly owned by Obasanjo.

Obasanjo's response was to agree to be "investigated by the EFCC, which reports to the President. When the EFCC invited Kalu to provide evidence to support his accusations, Kalu refused, pointing out that the EFCC was not an independent investigative body and had no authority to prosecute the President, and the investigation died out.

The President's chicken farm in Otta is one of the largest in Nigeria. A Presidential spokesman said in November 2004, in order to explain Obasanjo's personal wealth, that the farm generated about $250,000 per month in income, though it was nearly bankrupt in the late 1990s (ref A). Regardless of whether the current income figure is accurate, at least some Nigerians think it is unlikely that Obasanjo's military pension and benefits were the sole source of investment for establishing this huge enterprise, valued by a construction engineer involved in the construction at more than $250 million.

It is also widely believed that the President's inner circle also reaps hefty rewards with impunity. Some frequently cited examples are:

--Edmund Daukoro, recently named Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, was charged in 1994 for embezzling some $47 million as a managing director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). The charges were abandoned, and Daukoro's political career soared when Obasanjo took office in 1999.

--Senator Florence Ita Giwa, indicted for misappropriation of funds by the Idris Kuta Panel in 2000, was pardoned along with other indicted senators, and she was named a special advisor to Obasanjo when she left office.

--The head of the National Airport Management Authority (NAMA), Rochas Okorocha, was caught and dismissed for embezzling about $1 million through an inflated contract; Obasanjo then appointed him as a senior aide, without requiring Okorocha to repay the stolen funds. Okorocha was eventually fired on July 13 in a cabinet reshuffle, but went on to start a political party for his renewed presidential ambitions.
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3VO8bKye51Sl5jevOfhvG0ICa89Na2FRueTyTJ4j0q_gz1pRR-A[/img]

--The recent auction of oil blocks included some firms bidding, sometimes with no prior ties to the oil industry, that were linked to Obasanjo associates, including Daukoro, Rivers State governor Peter Odili, Ogun State governor Gbenga Daniel, presidential advisor Andy Uba, presidential chief of staff Abdullahi Mohammed, Minister of the Federal Capital Territory Nasir al-Rufai and PDP Board of Trustees Chairman Tony Anenih.

Edmund Daukoru

Peter Odili

Gbenga Daniel

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBS5mZwiMEQTrNrd9TL0gKr8bJhD9toepyVmMxFnQokyn8uIKdFQ[/img]
Andy Uba

[img]http://www.naijaurban.com/wp-content/themes/respo/js/timthumb.php?src=http://www.naijaurban.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Tony-Anenih.jpg&w=200&h=150[/img]
Tony Anenih

Nasir Al-Rufai

--Anenih was indicted by the National Assembly for the sum of 300 billion Naira (approximately $2.4 billion) missing from Ministry of Works and Housing while he was the minister. The missing money is widely believed to have paid off 2003 elections "expenses," including to Balogun, in addition to lining his own pockets.

[img]http://www.naijaurban.com/wp-content/themes/respo/js/timthumb.php?src=http://www.naijaurban.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Tony-Anenih.jpg&w=200&h=150[/img]
Tony Anenih

--Minister of Finance Ngozie Okonjo-Iweala is said to have steered contracts to her brother (JonJon) with the help of el-Rufai. The contracts, said to amount to about $50 million, have been paid for consulting work for the Ministry.

Ngozie Okonjo-Iweala

--Al-Rufai is at the center of the corruption allegations. Well-known to PolCouns eight year ago, when he was homeless and seeking a loan to import a taxi from the UK, al-Rufai is said to have recently purchased seven upscale properties in a posh Abuja neighborhood. His demolitions of commercial and residential buildings in the capital have reportedly provided an opportunity for himself and several of his friends. After demolishing residential properties in Kubwa, the land was reallocated to several of his friends and to an investment company he allegedly owns. The community of Chika, where about two square miles of development was demolished in December, has allegedly been allocated to the same group of people.

Nasir Al-Rufai

--Chief Olabode George, current PDP National Chairman (Southwest) is a close friend of President Obasanjo and a leading proponent of the Third Term Agenda. He is one of the people accused of financial recklessness in the affairs of the National Port Authority, where he was chairman when the financial scandals were allegedly committed. He was retired from the Navy in the 1990s by the Babangida Administration after serving as military governor of Ondo State from 1987 to 1990 in addition to other military postings.

Olabode George

--Chris Uba, recently appointed to the PDP Board of Trustees, admitted rigging during the 2003 elections and attempted to kidnap the governor of Anambra state to try to collect payments for his efforts. Linked closely to several vigilante groups in the state, he is widely believed to be responsible for the burning of many state government buildings in Awka, crimes that have yet to be solved.

Chris Uba
[/b]
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nobody: 4:42am On Dec 13, 2012
If you hate Obasanjo, please ensure you like all anti obj posts on this thread and on NL as a whole
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 13, 2012
ikooko:

what exactly is ur ques? that obj is a good president or are u asking me to name igbo man that is as evil as obj. which one exactly is ur question and i will ans it. yes for the fact that the day i was born they said im nigeria,obj is evill!! and my enemy likewise their fellowers!! go to hell with obj if you aint happy that im insulting him. and what achievement are u talking about?? tomorrow morning you will live under 1dollar yet in ur backyard lies what made ppl live in a thousand dollar a day in some arab world. You re just ur own enemy! again obj is an eediot a monkey eediot for that matter. The memories of what his security men did to us in our own village alone proves my fact to myself,i dont need to convince evil like u.you can glorify him however u like because same ugly blood runs deep in both of u but know you are alone onthis! the whole village he wiped off! his own blood wife he raped! 150million life he screwed! yes he gets away because we dont know our right in that country and if God ever forgive obj then i dont see any reason why God wont forgive lucifer and accept him back to heaven!! AGAIN OBASANJO IS EVIL!! deal with it son!
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nobody: 5:17am On Dec 13, 2012
GenBuhari: If you hate Obasanjo, please ensure you like all anti obj posts on this thread and on NL as a whole

yea he is evil and real ppl knows that but ur master buhari isnt any better. Its still the same reason why i dont read ur long epistle about him same with some ppl here. I will advise u change ur username and see u will get enuf fans.
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Freewilly(f): 5:21am On Dec 13, 2012
I'm a proud Yoruba woman and I'm so not proud of Obasanjo infact I think the man is a disgrace to yorubas. Why the Ape won't go drink rat poison and

die is beyond me.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nobody: 5:23am On Dec 13, 2012
Freewilly: I'm a proud Yoruba woman and I'm so not proud of Obasanjo infact I think the man is a disgrace to yorubas. Why the Ape won't go drink rat poison and

die is beyond me.

damn! is that really u on that pict sad
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Freewilly(f): 5:39am On Dec 13, 2012
Toaskarity:

damn! is that really u on that pict sad

Sure it's me, with my whiskers before I had them surgically removed.
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 13, 2012
@ Toaskarity
I do not recall mentioning Buhari on this thread undecided

Your comment has revealed to me that you are too young to have witnessed or remember the Buhari regime, which is why you are saying Buhari is no better than Obj.

How old are you , I bet you no older than your 40years old, but more likely in your mid twenties.

Those long epistles (as yo call it) that I post would educate you about Buhari but clearly you have chosen the path of ignorance.

Toaskarity:

yea he is evil and real ppl knows that but ur master buhari isnt any better. Its still the same reason why i dont read ur long epistle about him same with some ppl here. I will advise u change ur username and see u will get enuf fans.
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 13, 2012
babyosisi: What a shame
A man that ruled a nation for more than a decade and has nothing but failure to show for it
Obasanjo wanted to change our constitution to rule a third term and steal some more
Obasanjo crippled our telephone system
Obasanjo destroyed our national airways
Obasanjo looted our treasury and built a university and a farm and amassed wealth untold
As a soldier Obasanjo massacred innocent civilians
As a ruler he ordered the massacre of innocent civilians too
He left Nigeria worse than he met it
He left us no roads,no running water,no electricity,no jobs
Lootocracy was introduced by IBB and perfected by OBJ
In his tenure many disappeared and died
Morally the man is a Dog and a pig rolled into one
He elevated his mistresses and children into positions of authority
He slept with family members
He is shameless and classless.
Fingers still point at him for being in the know about what befell Bola Ige
What is there to be proud about such a fellow just because he is your tribesman?
The ugliest man in Nigeria gburu gburu
Nigeria is indeed full of jokers
A man who kept no promises
Got into the presidency as a deal to pacify folks for the murder of Abiola,he worked another deal and left us with an invalid called that almost threw the nation into chaos
The master of all con men
Failed as a ruler
Failed as a family man
Corruption personified
What is there to be proud of
I am ashamed such a man ever ruled a country I call home
i wonda what ur quote will be afta GEJ rule
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by jaymichael(m): 7:22am On Dec 23, 2012
@miqos02.
miqos02: bro pls list his actions and deeds that speak for him. i beg u in the name of jesus
port reforms, deregulation of the telecoms sector. he gave the country a sense of direction. He brought in technocrats to man the various sectors of the economy. Soludo, dora, iweala. he is not perfect but he had a blue print on how he wants his government to go, and he followed same with his grit and tenacity. He cleared our foreign debts and left a considerable amount in our foreign reserves. Yaruadua. and Jonathan spent everything and we are even owing foreign debts. The security situation was ok compared to how it is now. point to one good thing that Jonathan has made happen in his administration.
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by DRPYGRU: 9:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
Jokers grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure / Mob Beat Up INEC Driver For ‘Diverting’ Election Materials / Yinka Odumakin: Nigeria Lost Towering Patriot – Jimi Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.