Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,580 members, 7,958,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:40 AM

Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects (10380 Views)

Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees / Nigeria election: Could the PDP lose power? - BBC / Governors In State Of Emergency Lose Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by jecca(m): 12:02am On Dec 14, 2012
That's a bold step you have taken there man, may GOd renew your strength cos you feel †ђε pains Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd sufferings ☀̤̣̈̇f †ђε masses, †ђε strong grip ☀̤̣̈̇f laws,proper re-orientation,& enforcement need to check Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd curtail †ђε excess ☀̤̣̈̇f †ђε men on black
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 14, 2012
Wow!!! This is fraud!!! This will leave justice in the hands of federal government!!

This will further take power away from states!
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by 80million1: 12:18am On Dec 14, 2012
*speechless*
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by zumbigbo(m): 12:34am On Dec 14, 2012
Igbos have noting 2 offer than criminal mindset.they don happy 2 robbed nigerian without proscution but they will be kill 1 by 1.lagoos arrested 4 animal igbo 4 robbery burn them alive serve foolish tribe right

Your mother should have scooped the south-ward dribble of creamy effluence that dripped down the side of her thigh, post-coitus with that two-headed, red-eyed ram that you creatively call your 'Father' and used that as offering to appease those detesting the onset of her half-dog/half ram throwback, known as yourself.
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 14, 2012
Oh my!! Nigerians!!!! This will further concentrate power in the hands of the FG!! This is bad for any democracy talkless of our corrupt democracy!

You all will be the sufferers of this shiiit y'all supporting now. It is a backyard way to gain power from the people who state governments represent more than the FG! FG is going to be in control of more power than before!!!
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by joelOmo(m): 12:41am On Dec 14, 2012
More power for the federal govt.
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by lagcity(m): 12:46am On Dec 14, 2012
The glorious Nigeria Police Force, "accidentally" discharging hot lead since 1966.
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by slimderek(m): 12:51am On Dec 14, 2012
mumumugu: I tink wot police need is enforcement, enpowerment, equipment and encouragement and not dis
Jst like ur name
u be MUMU MUGU
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by mrperfect(m): 1:03am On Dec 14, 2012
Anything that will make Nigeria a better country is fine.
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by ABAKA72(m): 1:28am On Dec 14, 2012
agbari socket: Igbos have noting 2 offer than criminal mindset.they don happy 2 robbed nigerian without proscution but they will be kill 1 by 1.lagoos arrested 4 animal igbo 4 robbery burn them alive serve foolish tribe right
this one is a real imb.cile.
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by Smooyis(m): 1:53am On Dec 14, 2012
What we need is simply local police. I laugh wheb I read people sAying dat we are not matured for it.
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by Johndoe100(m): 2:07am On Dec 14, 2012
0lumide: Oh my!! Nigerians!!!! This will further concentrate power in the hands of the FG!! This is bad for any democracy talkless of our corrupt democracy!

You all will be the sufferers of this shiiit y'all supporting now. It is a backyard way to gain power from the people who state governments represent more than the FG! FG is going to be in control of more power than before!!!

Did they drop you on your head when you were hatched? Let me educate you. The power to prosecute by the police was never absolute. The power was always delegated by the prosecuting authority. What they want to remove is the power of any delegating authority to delegate this to the police.
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by Affiliated(m): 2:23am On Dec 14, 2012
zumbigbo: Igbos have noting 2 offer than criminal mindset.they don happy 2 robbed nigerian without proscution but they will be kill 1 by 1.lagoos arrested 4 animal igbo 4 robbery burn them alive serve foolish tribe right

Your mother should have scooped the south-ward dribble of creamy effluence that dripped down the side of her thigh, post-coitus with that two-headed, red-eyed ram that you creatively call your 'Father' and used that as offering to appease those detesting the onset of her half-dog/half ram throwback, known as yourself.

Kettle calling the pot black...
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by Nobody: 2:41am On Dec 14, 2012
Johndoe100:

Did they drop you on your head when you were hatched? Let me educate you. The power to prosecute by the police was never absolute. The power was always delegated by the prosecuting authority. What they want to remove is the power of any delegating authority to delegate this to the police.

Are you a learner?

The only authority you can delegate the power to charge criminals to court is the police who in a sane society are agents of the LAW itself and the LAW exists as a social entity outside the political sphere. Now Johnhoe, If the police carry out an investigation, and find the investigated guilty, guess what? They won't be able to arrest you know why? Because they have no power to charge anyone. Law enforcement is the most important part of functional laws and the moment you take law into the hands of judges, you put law enforcement into the hand of judges (in this case, the federal high courts). Now what is law enforcement without the power to enforce law?

Look, what this stoopid suggestion mean is that if we catch a thief, until the federal high court say he or she is guilty, he can not be charged. You see how backwards that is johnhoe? You know why vigilante groups can't charge anyone to court? because they have no power to do so. Now do you want to turn our police force to a mere vigilante group who catches criminals and send their case to the high court before arresting them.

So a killer is caught red handed, under your supported idea johnhoe, they have no right to touch the criminals. Johnhoe are you a learner?
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by Lanretoye(m): 2:47am On Dec 14, 2012
babestella:

WHO IS THIS UNFORTUNATE RETARD? Where in the universe did this slowpoke emerge from. I pity his family and generation in his lineage. This pathological being is pathetic. PLS NL, GET THIS TRIBAL MONKEY OUT OF HERE.
. You sure this guy understands these... It's better u speak in tongues, probably his mother's tongue.
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by Gwazah(m): 3:39am On Dec 14, 2012
SAN ADOKE! God will punish u 50 times b4 nd afta death. There is No terrorist in dis country dat has admit dat de torture 4rm police made him 2be a terror, dats a wrong statement, there is 1 thing i asure u, removing "power to prosecute offenders" means de so-call attorneys wil start makin arrest also by themselves & u wil make provisions 4 their guns too cos nobody in NPF wil go on chasing criminals again. Sometimes i keep on wondering how long we wil keept on sufering as a country when layers are viewing boko haram suspect as inocent wit out remembering of dis gud people they hav wasted, De number of clear inocent citizent dat died because of dis menance are 4goten, lawyers are busy finding ways of their employements nd 2be setting criminals free. Who in dis country is yet 2 know dat attrocities are been commited cos of high level of unemployement? De best job 1 can do in Nigeria is being a politician but we hav 4goten 2 kno dat not all are born 2 rule, y must it not cause controvercy? Lets stop fooling ourselves nd face de truth. 4 thos of u who don't know pls know dat lawyers are luking 4 employement. Removing prosecution power out of police means gov wil employ lawyers they wil be called attorneys atleast two or 3 at each division of de police formation 2 be prosecuting. (1 thing i am hapy is dat they wil start being killed like police when eva station is attack.)
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by Gwazah(m): 3:52am On Dec 14, 2012
0lumide: Oh my!! Nigerians!!!! This will further concentrate power in the hands of the FG!! This is bad for any democracy talkless of our corrupt democracy!

my broda some dude here are happy cos of low level of undastandin they don't know wat it wil cause. They just tink de police are being hurt no no no they are not cos police is under de control of government if they say dance right or left they wil dance, their salarys are not slash.
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by MrUmaRu(m): 4:14am On Dec 14, 2012
Ok
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by Mcdondayan: 4:24am On Dec 14, 2012
agbari socket: Igbos have noting 2 offer than criminal mindset.they don happy 2 robbed nigerian without proscution but they will be kill 1 by 1.lagoos arrested 4 animal igbo 4 robbery burn them alive serve foolish tribe right
Please guys dont be angry with him it is all my fault. I forgot to lock his cage when i went to eat and it enabled him to come out. Pls just allow me send him back to his cage.
Mc: agbari oya run back to your cage. And for this humiliation i will not give you your drugs today.
Agbari: *crying* pls sir i will not do it agai.......
Mc: *screams* shut up
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by ignis: 5:33am On Dec 14, 2012
This is how it's supposed to be, in any civilized society.
I wonder when the police has become judge and lawyers.
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by Smooyis(m): 5:54am On Dec 14, 2012
What we need is simply state or local police. I laugh when I read people saying dat we are not yet matured for it. We just have to start somewhere with strong checks and control. Not until then, there is no amount of reforms or restructuring dat will make dis presesnt federal police work effectively. There is no way one can expect a yoruba man or igbo man posted to Borno or Kano state to be effective or know d terrain more than an indegene. We are just deceiving ourselves in dis country. Uncommon problens require uncommon solutions.
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by kabaka1: 6:26am On Dec 14, 2012
50calibre: Come to think of it, how do the Nigerian police prosecute people in the first place?

How do the incompetent and inept nigerian police gather evidence to build up a prosecution case? No forensic analysis, no DNA matching, no crime scene reconstruction, no ballistic or projectile experts, nothing!

This is fu*king funny!

Nobi as the force train dem wee dem de act. If tell ur say u de join police force, I sure say dem go laugh n make fun of u tire because d assumption be say naija police force is just a laughing stock n a job for losers.
And to be sure, they're not well trained, poorly armed n poorly paid 2. Talk about using forensic, DNA, crime reconstruction, ballistic analysis application techniques in crime solving, all this things requires huge investments, but make I ask u, do u think all those politicians wee de steal the people's money go consider these trainings necessary when investing in them will actually reduce the amount of money they can gainfully steal. A big "NO" is d answer. Politicians will rather choose to let the naija force to remain a laughing stock rather than reduce the amount of wealth they can steal while in office. It will really take d grace of God 2 change this mindset of our dear corrupt and very dirty politicians
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by toluene12: 7:22am On Dec 14, 2012
50calibre: Come to think of it, how do the Nigerian police prosecute people in the first place?

How do the incompetent and inept nigerian police gather evidence to build up a prosecution case? No forensic analysis, no DNA matching, no crime scene reconstruction, no ballistic or projectile experts, nothing!

This is fu*king funny!
bros, forget all those things u mentioned above. This is naija. Police get their evidence to prosecute suspects by self confessions of the accussed via torture.
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by Justiyke4u: 7:36am On Dec 14, 2012
Sometimes it is just better not to say anything at all than to just expose how miserable ones understanding is. Some comments are so irritating and annoying like a night mare. Must we say something when we dont have anything to say. Am not judging anybody but let us first think before making any comment. Thank u
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by ba7man(m): 7:39am On Dec 14, 2012
You are highly incoherent. What are u talkin about?? How did u even learn to register on Nairaland, let alone post a comment??
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 14, 2012
vire: ok over to GEJ....set up a committee to look into the findings of this draft..... grin grin grin abi oga jona no be so you done dey run tins ni... wink wink wink

Na sooo
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by mu2sa2: 7:49am On Dec 14, 2012
Good move. The extra-judicial killing of Mohammed Yusuf by police has created the monster of Boko haram insurgency. The police has presently constituted can only cause more troubles for nigeria.
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 14, 2012
Highly disappointed. Seun, hope he has been banned for life from Nairaland?
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by 5much(m): 7:58am On Dec 14, 2012
criminals wl love this as it wl take decades for them 2 b prosecuted.
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by mayorcowboy: 8:11am On Dec 14, 2012
is a welcome development
Re: Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects by mayorcowboy: 8:20am On Dec 14, 2012

i pity u, because u are just a wanderer that was born under the bridge and have no home, more or less of ur tribe.
I can not blame ur parents because, u are a child of mad woman that has no traces.idioooooooooooot.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD / JUST IN: Supreme Court Affirms Interim Forfeiture Of Patience / Atiku Vs Buhari: Opposition Political Parties Reject Tribunal's Verdict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.