Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,703 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy (23221 Views)

Nigerian Girl In UK Narrates How Some Of Her Close Friends Tried To Kill Her / Two Nigerians In Street Fight In Italy, One Kills The Other (Video) / 15-year-old Girl Killed By Facebook Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by logica(m): 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2012
I don't know why people are assuming she was killed by a white man; when it is more likely she was killed by her pi.mp (who is likely a Nigerian).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by segun688: 6:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
it doesnt necessarily mean she was an "ashawo" wat is the proof? there are a number of nigerian females that have legitimate jobs over there. even if she was, its a rather unfortunate scenario.
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
Abbott:

They are not queuing in line, waiting to be exported...they are trafficked and kidnapped women, most of them.

RIP.
lie,they know exactly what is waiting for them,in d end everyone is responsible for his or action...why dont girls learn a trade and excel in it,sell food,learn to sew,be ur best,live wild and die young
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by Gudiza(m): 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
I saw a documentary on this. there is great demand by the elite In rome, Italy (especially) and france for women from west africa by those whites. I saw how they were being smuggled. please my friends THIS IS VERY SERIOUS ISSUE! dont argue over here and start tribalism. something needs o be done about this! they are being smuggled in the 1000s, this girls from poor families to satisfy the growing demands in our women for this evil. sad sad sad sad

OMG! you're absolutely right....you know I thought I was the only one who saw all those circulars and call-for-edo-asses by those elite romans ...Nigga pls.

Maybe in some poor desert country like Niger or chad they culd be kidnapped and something does need to be done about that (like that is the real trafficking). Here, ladies break their necks to get trafficked. It is la familiar. In fact, it would be easier to stop corruption in Nigeria than to stop trafficking in those places.

WTH men R.I.P!
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by iykmora(m): 8:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
so many hidden posts. Wetin dey happen?
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by ZeusI: 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
Why would you(mr op) utter that inane word 'may her soul rest in peace'? Well, i pray that the devil rests in peace. Mtcheeeeew
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by Abbott(m): 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
babyosisi:

Please this is not true
Most of these women go into the business with eyes wide open,many with the blessings of their families
Heartbreaking nevertheless that a beautiful young woman like that would end up in this sort of profession,turning tricks in a faraway land
I sincerely believe most of these girls may have been molested as little girls and this is an outlet for them
There is no little girl anywhere in the world that grows up saying " I want to be a prostitute when I grow up"
Something happened in her life somewhere that makes this choice ok
It has been proven in the West that most of these girls are running away from something,some traumatic experience of childhood
So while I blame them,I also empathize with their plight and blame our culture of secrecy where little girls are molested sometimes by family members,pastors,imams and teachers and nobody talks about it
Prostitution is the way some people handle it later in life

Assuming but not conceding that most of them are aware, not all of them are.
What I did not like is the condemnatory tone of some posts. S'all good.
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 14, 2012
RIP!
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by MegaMan2020: 12:52am On Dec 14, 2012
coogar: nigerians can be judgemental.....
w[b]here did it say on the article that she was a pröstitute? [/b]there are honest nigerian men and nigerian women doing honest jobs in italy. there are nigerian students(men and women) in italy. i think it's quite pathetic of you lots to paint every nigerian woman in italy with the prostitutiön brush! to think some of you are educated even makes it much worse. a nigerian like you just died and all you could talk about is prostitutiön?

Read the article again carefully. Look at her picture. Does she look responsible? Have another look at the article. Nigerians aren't judgemental. We just call it how we see it. If she wasn't a prostitute in Italy like most bini women out there please prove me wrong.
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 14, 2012
MegaMan2020:

Read the article again carefully. Look at her picture. Does she look responsible? Have another look at the article. Nigerians aren't judgemental. We just call it how we see it. If she wasn't a prostitute in Italy like most bini women out there please prove me wrong.
She is a prostitute for sure. So, what's your business with that? As if responsible people aren't being killed in the same way in Nigeria. Please, stop acting as if you are morally upright than the dead person.

The trend on the prostituting of Nigerian girls abroad is as a result of economic challenges and other subsequent factors. In a nation where there is no basic facilities what would be expected of the people with teeming population and abject poverty is to find an easy way out by using the human surviving instincts(it is not a new thing). I blame the whole situation on the leaders who failed to developed the country and pull the country population out of poverty. It is arguably correct that the leaders are not doing anything to help the citizens and for that the trend will continue.

The innocent people killed in that country everyday completely dwarfed what you would get in Europe for being a prostitute. Just learn how to say RIP. And, stop acting as some holy shiit here.

She is a victim of poverty and forced labor, which exist even within Nigeria. I heard the prostitute numbers on the streets of Lagos and Abuja is alarming. Comeon!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by eastOFwest(m): 1:19am On Dec 14, 2012
Why must everything in Nigeria be so biased? Why the "This post has been hidden" blitz? I don't see this in other threads (you know the ones I'm talking about!)

Well, everyone knows about this particular EDO problem and no amount of "This post has been hidden" can hide it!!
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by Nobody: 3:54am On Dec 14, 2012
smh.

I don't even know what to say. undecided
i just know i refuse to call her an aspiring pr0stitute.

We don't know what these girls encounter once they are
in Europe and have no support.

Let's not judge them until we are in their shoes.
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by InvertedHammer: 5:35am On Dec 14, 2012
A real soldier...she died in the line of duty cool
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by marabout(m): 6:11am On Dec 14, 2012
I guess most making comments and flexing their bigotry base their comments on hearsay and innate tribalism/bias.

I have noticed the increase in our women mainly of Edo stock(but not exclusively) plying this horrible trade in France, Italy, Spain etc in the last two decades.

Just over 22 years ago, this trade was dominated by ladies from our West African sister country that like to beat Nigeria in football games! I saw them with my own eyses.

We used to pity them and boast that our women cannot degrade themselves to this level. Now we know better.

As the economy worsened and many people wanted to do "Andrew" and check out, young women too became vulnerable to exploitation including prostitution home & abroad. France has very strict penalty for traffickers where it is seen as modern slavery.

Every major city in Naija: Lagos, PH, Abuja, Enugu, Ibadan, Benin, Jos, Kaduna etc have loads of prostitute both formal and informal ones.
How many times do we read here on line how a married Lagos woman died having sex with a neighbour in a hotel, or how one man died on top his neighbour's wife in another hotel after paying for their regular sex there.

Scores of Africans & Nigerians are being murdered in the Sahara desert, die of hunger/thirst, drown in the med sea and we're here doing as if everything is well at home.

Cynthia came from a respected home and was murdered callously in her own country.
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by Kalamaya: 9:00am On Dec 14, 2012
It's true that many edo girls are prostitutes in europe, i want to say that after my twenty years of monitering the trend. It's not true that the edo women started this trade in italy. With all fairness and not to offend anyone in this forum, the yoruba women where the first know nigerian sex workers in italy. The edo girls started coming to italy in the early 90s. And mind you, most of the first traffickers where yoruba women. When you go to cities like rome, mantova, parma napoli in Italy You can still see evidence of what i am saying. ask any woman that was trafficked to italy by then 1989-1994 who their madam (Maniaco) was. Most of them will tell you a yoruba woman's name.
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by uzo4real(m): 10:51am On Dec 14, 2012
They are not lured into it...they willingly accept the kind of biz.
oily_ngbati: Very unfortunate, may she R.I.P

May shango and Ahmadioha strike down whoever lured her into the business of selling herself.....AMEN
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by GARRIx7(m): 11:04am On Dec 14, 2012
Van snickers:

Comrade, the article stated not me, that her Job was prostitution. I merely delineated that prostitution money is not legal money! That's why "legally" was bolded in my post. I didn't judge her in anyway! On the rest of your post. Yep! I have a life and I am loving it!!
And you don't know it is legal in some country to be a 5ex-worker?

Policy and Law

Prostitution is legal in Italy (Merlin Law of 1958) so it is technically illegal for the police to deport foreign prostituted women. Women who seek assistance from police are deported because they do not have a valid resident's permit. (European Race Audit Bulletin No. 25, The Institute of Race Relations, London UK, 25 November 1997)
http://www.uri.edu/artsci/wms/hughes/italy.htm

http://people.exeter.ac.uk/watupman/undergrad/aac/italia.htm
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by dnawah(m): 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
GARRI (x7):
RIP...

You are better than most of our so-called leaders. At least you earned your money legally without hurting anyone or stealing from unborn generations.

RIP
legally!:-Dthey don legalise prostitution?
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by luluosas(m): 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2012
pitoski: Another victim of human trafficking!

Franca Abumen, a 27 years old Nigerian, living in Rome, Italy, has met her untimely death in the hands of an unknown men who brutally murdered her by tying her ankles and strangling her to death with a black cord, tied around her neck.

Franca was killed in the woods of Stifone, between Narni Waters, in Rome and her body was found 24 hours after her death on Sunday 10th of December, 2012; after her friends called the police to declare her missing when she failed to return home from work (prostitution).

The police commands Carabinieri in Rome and Viterbo are working together to give the killers names and faces as soon as possible.

May her soul rest in peace!
http://www.mercyjohnson.com/photos-another-nigerian-girl-has-been-killed-in-rome-italy/
http://www.gistnaija.com/2012/12/nigerian-girl-franca-abumen-has-been.html
And you want me to cry for her? Since these prostitutes (local/international) practitioners says they will never learn from the ordeals of their bereaved colleagues in the line of this slave business, so, let them be facing the music they choose to dance to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chinwendu Odoh: UNN Student Attempts Suicide, Rescued / Hoodlums Invade Anambra Vigilante Office, Set Man On Fire / Photo: Man Caught Pants Down Doing It With A Cow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.