Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy (23219 Views)

Nigerian Girl In UK Narrates How Some Of Her Close Friends Tried To Kill Her / Two Nigerians In Street Fight In Italy, One Kills The Other (Video) / 15-year-old Girl Killed By Facebook Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2012
marabout: I guess most making comments and flexing their bigotry base their comments on hearsay and innate tribalism/bias.

I have noticed the increase in our women mainly of Edo stock(but not exclusively) plying this horrible trade in France, Italy, Spain etc in the last two decades.

Just over 22 years ago, this trade was dominated by ladies from our West African sister country that like to beat Nigeria in football games! I saw them with my own eyses.

We used to pity them and boast that our women cannot degrade themselves to this level. Now we know better.

As the economy worsened and many people wanted to do "Andrew" and check out, young women too became vulnerable to exploitation including prostitution home & abroad. France has very strict penalty for traffickers where it is seen as modern slavery.

Every major city in Naija: Lagos, PH, Abuja, Enugu, Ibadan, Benin, Jos, Kaduna etc have loads of prostitute both formal and informal ones.
How many times do we read here on line how a married Lagos woman died having sex with a neighbour in a hotel, or how one man died on top his neighbour's wife in another hotel after paying for their regular sex there.

Scores of Africans & Nigerians are being murdered in the Sahara desert, die of hunger/thirst, drown in the med sea and we're here doing as if everything is well at home.

Cynthia came from a respected home and was murdered callously in her own country.

It is a reality that many of the Nigerian girls doing this sort of work in Europe are from Edo/ Bini area.The women leaders in Edo will tell you that too,NGOs have worked hard to discourage people from going.
I don't see that to mean that most prostitutes in Nigeria are from there
The opportunity to transport this abroad perhaps arose from there and so the trade boomed in that area
The way to prove this will be to do a survey of all the local ashawos in Benin city,Owerri,Ibadan,Bauchi,Ekiti or Yenegoa and Calabar
I am almost certain that at least 95% of the prostitutes from these places operating in those places are girls from that local area
If this is is true then prostitution cannot be solely an Edo state thing.they only went international with it.

I made the same argument here on NL in 2006 and 2007 when MEND was kidnapping white men ,I said it here that pretty soon not only will they run out of white men but the trade will spread beyond the creeks if unchecked ,I didn't know I was prophesying
What do we hear today?
A doctor kidnapped in Aba
A businessman kidnapped in Nnewi
An army generals wife kidnapped in Ibadan
A judge kidnapped in Warri
Kidnapped in Jigawa
No area has a monopoly of any criminal activity,all that needs to happen is for that area to be exposed to that crime and it will flourish in that locality too
It usually starts from somewhere and spreads

In the 80's drugs were majorly being pushed by alhajas going to London who hid it in their gele and private parts.they were the ones that graced the pages of the paper
Men joined in,it soon spread to others then came the swallowers and other means of transport.

I am scared that Boko haram activities may spread too if unchecked especially if the fed govt keeps treating them with kids gloves and bowing to their demands
Very soon if care is not taken people will start bombing areas in the SS,SE and SW by similar style if their demands are not met.
Re: Nigerian Girl Killed In Rome, Italy by Yahnur(m): 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2012
Where is the Human Right World? It must take an action for asassing nigerian girl.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nandi Drenkat: Police Arrest 2 More Suspects In UNIJOS Lecturer’s Killing / Shooting As Shiites And Police Clash In Abuja / Two Burglars Caught, Locked Up In Satellite Police Station, Lagos. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.