Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) (14437 Views)

Jeminat Olawore and Paul Lawson, Bikers Who Are Travelling 8000 Miles For Charit / Engine Oil Capacity For Your Vehicles / How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by austin4real(m): 7:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
Hey Nlanders, I think it would be fun to see the mpg ur vehicle clocks on the average. Here is a pic of mine. Plz make this forum fun, post ur. grin

2 Likes

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 12, 2012
Audi S8 Quattro, 4,2 V8 2 x DOHC 40V:

Audi A4 Quattro, 2,6 V6 2 x SOHC 12V:

2 Likes

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by austin4real(m): 11:02pm On Dec 12, 2012
@ sienna shocked shocked For a V8 the quattro's mpg is quite impressive...
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 12, 2012
austin4real: @ sienna shocked shocked For a V8 the quattro's mpg is quite impressive...

Yes. On a long motorway run, I've got as good as 33.5 mpg.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by austin4real(m): 12:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
:oI love those Germans they don't cease to amaze me with their quality builds and their engines... Imagine a V8 audi doing an impressive 28mpg while my I4 altima is still struggling with a mare 30.8mpg, in general thought I believed those big engines consumes more gas but I'm more oriented nw.....lessn learnt, don't judge d size of the engine, cos some V10s return more mpg thn some I4s
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by alienware(m): 8:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
most of you guys on nairaland are just too vain, what the heck is this doing on the front page
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by alienware(m): 8:38pm On Dec 13, 2012
soon una go post mpg pics of popsy or uncle vehicles ole dem.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by austin4real(m): 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2012
alienware: most of you guys on nairaland are just too vain, what the heck is this doing on the front page
Its just a fun thing bro. If u don't have a vehicle, u just relax and watch the show. No need to be all Pessimistic.

3 Likes

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by sucess001(m): 8:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
Dis is unbelieevable! On front page? So wat will gain by dis pictures? D mods shud pls show they have some brains pls
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 13, 2012
alienware: most of you guys on nairaland are just too vain, what the heck is this doing on the front page

If you don't find the thread useful, then why did you click on it? The title was (and still is) quite clear, leaving no doubt as to what the contents of the thread would be.

4 Likes

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
alienware: soon una go post mpg pics of popsy or uncle vehicles ole dem.

I don't have any uncles here, and certainly don't have a "popsy", so I guess that rules me out.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by SisiKill1: 8:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
My 1984 Volkswagen Beetle
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by KINGwax(m): 8:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
sucess001: Dis is unbelieevable! On front page? So wat will gain by dis pictures? D mods shud pls show they have some brains pls
u cant give wot u do not possess.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by KINGwax(m): 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2012
I tot some people are brained
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by DualCore1: 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
sucess001: Dis is unbelieevable! On front page? So wat will gain by dis pictures? D mods shud pls show they have some brains pls
Don't worry, this 2013 you will own a car not less that 5 years old with digitized odometer readings. Don't claim it, work for it.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2012
livialives: My 2006 sebring Convertible GT V6
She gets 19 miles city & 28 highway tops :-XGas guzzler but I love her kiss

As long as you're happy with the performance, the consumption figures kind of pale into insignificance. I've driven the Sedan with the 3,0 V6 (a friend's US import) and it goes pretty well.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
My chevve cheesy

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Imyourex(m): 9:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
I can't find it on my KEke NAPEP undecided

2 Likes

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
Siena:

As long as you're happy with the performance, the consumption figures kind of pale into insignificance. I've driven the Sedan with the 3,0 V6 (a friend's US import) and it goes pretty well.
smiley
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Finland(m): 9:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
Toyota Prius - HSD Premium 5ov

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by mrkels(m): 10:10pm On Dec 13, 2012
Reserved
Lemme go snap it...
Don't expect much sha, cos its a 96 benz lipsrsealed
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by alkadriyar(m): 10:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
@ mod. Wallahi dis na typical monkey dey wear coat. Mtcheeeeeeew
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Mojibola(m): 11:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
I need lessons on automobile...i dont mind paying for it...can someone help?
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Mojibola(m): 11:03pm On Dec 13, 2012
..sorri to digress bytheway...i neva get car...
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by proo212(m): 12:45am On Dec 14, 2012
My Audi A2 1.4. I have a very light foot sometimes :-)

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Wallie(m): 12:49am On Dec 14, 2012
BMW

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by KA24DETT(m): 1:37am On Dec 14, 2012
are you kidding me, I can't believe you guys think that the mpg on dash display is accurate. No it's not. The best way is to fill up your car, check the odometer and drive , fill up your tank. Calculate the miles you drove from your odometer and divide by the gallons of fuel u added.
That's how it's done people. Dashboard display is wrong. Way off . My maxima shows 25mpg and I don't get close to that . I do it the old fashioned way and that's the best way.
Sienna , you know this...

1 Like

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by KA24DETT(m): 1:40am On Dec 14, 2012
Car and driver did a series way back and found out that most automakers dash display is off as much as 25 percent. You can't blame them cus your dash display is an approximation.
I challenge any of you to do it the old fashioned way and keep a mileage record and compare with your dash mpg.
You will see what am talking about
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Wallie(m): 2:00am On Dec 14, 2012
KA24DETT: are you kidding me, I can't believe you guys think that the mpg on dash display is accurate. No it's not. The best way is to fill up your car, check the odometer and drive , fill up your tank. Calculate the miles you drove from your odometer and divide by the gallons of fuel u added.
That's how it's done people. Dashboard display is wrong. Way off . My maxima shows 25mpg and I don't get close to that . I do it the old fashioned way and that's the best way.
Sienna , you know this...

You're conflating issues. The mpg calculated by your car is not 25% off. Go ahead and post a link to the article you cited. You're comparing a car's window sticker mpg to actual driven mpg.

You car's mpg calculation is simply (miles per hour driven /gallons per hour burnt).

Where the discrepancy comes in is in determining how much fuel was burnt in one hour. As such, the mpg displayed in your car is just an estimate but a very close estimate.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by KA24DETT(m): 5:15am On Dec 14, 2012
My car says I get 25mpg. That's what the onboard computer says but that's not true cus I calculate it manually with a pen and paper writing down the odometer readings and how much gas I put in.
No one is talking about window sticker here . The window sticker is in an ideal driving at 60mph with no wind resistance and cruise control on and no AC. No one drives like that.

http://m.autoblog.com/2012/07/11/hyundai-elantra-subject-of-class-action-lawsuit-for-misleading/
Class action lawsuit against Hyundai for wrong onboard mpg

http://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/your-fuel-economy-gauge-is-fibbing.html

Any decent driver knows that that value is always over estimated. Try it for yourself and see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Economical Are V4 Cars? / What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? / Help!speedometer On 2009 Is Not Working And Abs/brake Light On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.