Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? (9485 Views)

Engine Oil Capacity For Your Vehicles / Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) / Where Do You Park Your Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by uboma(m): 8:50am On Jul 27, 2013
It irritates when I see parked vehicles with the front tyres not in a straight position, they are either turned to the right or to the left. When parking my car, I ensure that the wheel is straight. How do you park yours?

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by CHIMCO(m): 9:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
Does it have any effect?

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
CHIMCO: Does it have any effect?

Actually, it does. When the wheels are left turned to the right or left, the power steering hoses are left under a lot of strain. Hydraulic pressure is less when the wheels are left in the straight-ahead position.

6 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by judano: 12:20am On Jul 28, 2013
Other drivers could confuse the position of the front wheel tires to mean the car is about driving out. Front wheels turned towards the road suggests a car is about to drive out. Again, it means that the first movement of your car when you start it could be in a dangerously wrong direction
uboma: It irritates when I see parked vehicles with the front tyres not in a straight position, they are either turned to the right or to the left. When parking my car, I ensure that the wheel is straight. How do you park yours?

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by uboma(m): 6:53am On Jul 28, 2013
Siena:

Actually, it does. When the wheels are left turned to the right or left, the power steering hoses are left under a lot of strain. Hydraulic pressure is less when the wheels are left in the straight-ahead position.

Spot on

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by uboma(m): 7:07am On Jul 28, 2013
judano: Other drivers could confuse the position of the front wheel tires to mean the car is about driving out. Front wheels turned towards the road suggests a car is about to drive out. Again, it means that the first movement of your car when you start it could be in a dangerously wrong direction

I don't agree with the first part of ur post. How will other drivers mistake a vehicle that is parked with no one inside as 'about to drive out' even when the wheels are not well positioned? However, I do agree with you that the first movement of such a poorly parked vehicle could be dangerous especially when the driver is inexperienced.

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by bravolad(m): 7:35am On Jul 28, 2013
It is very irritating when people park their cars in a slanting way taking a large chunk of the next space in such a way that it becomes difficult and/or imppossible for another driver to park.

3 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by judano: 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
uboma:

I don't agree with the first part of ur post. How will other drivers mistake a vehicle that is parked with no one inside as 'about to drive out' even when the wheels are not well positioned? However, I do agree with you that the first movement of such a poorly parked vehicle could be dangerous especially when the driver is inexperienced.

When a car is parked in front of another and you are coming from behind, you may not see if the driver is inside or not. But you will see the tire is facing the road and that can be confusing.

3 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
judano: When a car is parked in front of another and you are coming from behind, you may not see if the driver is inside or not. But you will see the tire is facing the road and that can be confusing.

I don't understand your analogy here. Why would you confuse a parked car, with the wheels turned facing the road, for a car that's about to pull out into the road? Surely you can see through the rear window? Okay, let's assume it's a van, with no rear window. You should still be observant enough to know if the car's being driven or not.

I've been driving for 32 years, and been licenced for 25 of those years, and I've never mistaken a parked car for one that's about to pull out into traffic, even if the wheels were pointing to moving traffic. This is why it pays to go through a registered driving school, and pass your driving test conducted by a certified examiner. Because such blunders (like stopping suddenly because you feel a parked car is about to pull out in front of you) can cause multiple pile-ups.

There's very little room for confusion whilst driving, and indecisive driving can be dangerous.

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by uboma(m): 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
Siena:

I don't understand your analogy here. Why would you confuse a parked car, with the wheels turned facing the road, for a car that's about to pull out into the road? Surely you can see through the rear window? Okay, let's assume it's a van, with no rear window. You should still be observant enough to know if the car's being driven or not.

I've been driving for 32 years, and been licenced for 25 of those years, and I've never mistaken a parked car for one that's about to pull out into traffic, even if the wheels were pointing to moving traffic. This is why it pays to go through a registered driving school, and pass your driving test conducted by a certified examiner. Because such blunders (like stopping suddenly because you feel a parked car is about to pull out in front of you) can cause multiple pile-ups.

There's very little room for confusion whilst driving, and indecisive driving can be dangerous.

I couldn't have said this better like you just did.
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by uboma(m): 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
Lexusgs: If you have seen the mis-alignment of some Nigerian vehicles steering column, you will understand how easily it is to think your tyre is in a straight position, in relation to your steering wheel position !!!

You are very correct. That's why its necessary to do wheel balancing and alignment. I do mine twice in a year. But for those whose alignment is okay but park wrongly, it can be very annoying.
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by lifestyle1(m): 9:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
Don't have a car yet but when i buy one, i will park well.

6 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
Very well, because I don't want some other driver to be upset.
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2013
it's annoying to see drivers pack in prohibited places and this constitute to major problem in our roads
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2013
@Seun please u are now making dis site boring by ur making of unnecessary topics @d frontpage, please what's d meaning of these TOPIC now......
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by sexkillzisacunt: 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
This thread is as useless as they get. What a discussion!
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by IAMBREEZY: 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
I park my car anyhow,i don't care what will happen to the tyre...

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Joyland(m): 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
I'm a victim
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
If the space will allow, I almost always park with my front wheels turned out at an angle. I think it makes my car look cool. cool
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by chokolatte: 9:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
IAMBREEZY: I park my car anyhow,i don't care what will happen to the tyre...

Lol grin u dey vex o
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Joyland(m): 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
sexkillzisacunt: This thread is as useless as they get. What a discussion!

I differ; I think it's even a violation.
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Teletexter: 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
That thing sucks!
You ll see people packing their vehicles anyhow losing their side mirrors & receiving dents on the body of their vehicles.
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by chimchim1(m): 10:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
Siena:

I have bin driving 4 a long-time now though it has not happened to m̶̲̥̅ƹ bt I understand wat he's trying to say as it expected dt U̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ d only same person on d road wen it comes to driving. I hope it makes some senses to U̶̲̥̅̊. ° • · ♥·♡ τнäиκ$♥·♡ · • °

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by johnstar(m): 10:06pm On Jul 28, 2013
uboma: It irritates when I see parked vehicles with the front tyres not in a straight position, they are either turned to the right or to the left. When parking my car, I ensure that the wheel is straight. How do you park yours?
na dem our madam dey park lyk dat o, or our young guys, like me grin grin grin
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by YoshiMaster: 10:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
I learnt to park very well from GTA IV, now I can parallel park in real life, no sweat.

The parking manual is now available at www.justconsolesnigeria.com

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
Teletexter: HOW DOES THIS NOW AFFECT THE PRICE OF GARRI

Wetin dis one dey talk sef? Abi na only garri you sabi chop? angry

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by lifestyle1(m): 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
Siena:

Wetin dis one dey talk sef? Abi na only garri you sabi chop? angry

grin

bros answer my question on skype. cool
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by manny4life(m): 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2013

I park my car VERY WELL.... The wheels are aligned straight. It's not only parking, but most drivers have bad driving habits.
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Temismith(f): 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Expressions Of A Failing Alternator / Difference Between Over Drive And Sport Cruising / Replacement Of A Lexus Is 350 2006 Engine (2GR-FSE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.