Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) (14440 Views)

Jeminat Olawore and Paul Lawson, Bikers Who Are Travelling 8000 Miles For Charit / Engine Oil Capacity For Your Vehicles / How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 12, 2013
Mercedes Benz W202 C200, 9L/100KM
25 MPG US, /31 MPG UK
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by yungboss(m): 12:46pm On Jan 13, 2013
my 320i back to 21/22 MPG...

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by BluStreak(m): 5:21am On Jan 17, 2013
danadam: 6.5 Km/L is about 26 KM/gallon. I think that's fair enough for a 13 years old 4.3 V8 mercedes engine.

This consumption is very fair considering the age and engine capacity of this your beast man. I am certain it will even get better owing to d fact that you took this reading with the car in a stationary position. Hit the highway and I bet u will get about 8 - 10km/liter.

1 Like

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by BluStreak(m): 5:37am On Jan 17, 2013
@bhurlarh
Quick question, when is the car supposed to have a lower mppg? On the highway or in-town driving?

Answer: In-Town driving because of so many factor. From ma little auto-engineering experience, on city drive your car moves mostly at lower-speed gear which covers fewer distance at higher engine rev. This equates to more energy consumption but less work done. Secondly, for everytime you pump your gas pedal to move your car from a stationary position in traffic, it requires more energy to go from stationary to motion. While on the highway, you get a higher mpg cos ur car will use more of its speed gear covering more distance at lower rev (RPM).

I'm sure the gurus (Sienna & Co) will shed more light on this.

Cus everybody seems to have a lower mpg on the highway Sorry its not lower mpg but rather higher mpg. Every sound car should get higher miles covered on the highway per gallon of fuel consumed which is measured in mpg.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by 9icetoo(m): 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
BluStreak: Note: I changed mine from MPG to L/100KM cos we use metric system in Nigeria. I drive a 2007 Honda Accord V6 with Navigation. On city and ma village drives, I get 12 - 13.7 Liters per 100KM. But on the highway, say Owerri/Onitsha or Asaba/Benin, I get 8.3Liters per 100KM average consumption.

When I refilled in Asaba yesterday on my way back to Lagos, I got a whopping 678km estimate for the full tank at my 9.3liter per 100km. I did not buy fuel again and I had a quater tank on arrival in my house here in Lagos.

So I believe the estimate is fair enough for one to hinge on.
I drove from lagos to my villa in anambra with less than 3/4 of a full tank. I was pretty pleased with the car considering i spent an hour and thirty five minutes in traffic at ore. However, it seems to consume so much more fuel in city driving. I havent done the full maths yet but it doesnt seem to be able to do more than 7km per litre. i find this perplexing. Its a 2002 toyota camry with a 2.4 liter engine
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by wewe1(m): 8:19am On Jan 19, 2013
For My Peugeot 406 .........

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by t3ky(m): 12:12pm On Jan 26, 2013
9icetoo:
I drove from lagos to my villa in anambra with less than 3/4 of a full tank. I was pretty pleased with the car considering i spent an hour and thirty five minutes in traffic at ore. However, it seems to consume so much more fuel in city driving. I havent done the full maths yet but it doesnt seem to be able to do more than 7km per litre. i find this perplexing. Its a 2002 toyota camry with a 2.4 liter engine
I get roughly the same mileage in inner city driving with my '98 camry
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 26, 2013
@ blustreak..thanks
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by BluStreak(m): 8:21am On Jan 27, 2013
bhurlarh: @ blustreak..thanks

You're welcome buddy.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by 9icetoo(m): 4:15pm On Jan 31, 2013
t3ky: I get roughly the same mileage in inner city driving with my '98 camry

@t3ky, there has been an improvement. I recently changed my plugs from the standard 400 naira (original) toyota plugs to standard tokunbo plugs and gues what? my mileage has improved. Dramatically. I got 36 miles per gallon on the highway last week and 2o miles per gallon on city driving (should have been beter if i didnt have to park in a spot for long periods due to traffic. check the recommended plugs for ur camry. Buy it and u might get better mileage.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by danadam(m): 11:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
Car: Mercedes Benz
Model: C 320 4matic
Model year: 2005
Engine: V6

My average estimated fuel consumption on a trip from Abuja to Kano.

that's approximately 34.7 km per litre (hope i'm right) which is good.

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by JUO(m): 12:36am On Jul 01, 2013
bros am not too good in maths but I know this figure is wrong " that's approximately 34.7 km per litre"
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by nissparts(m): 7:44am On Jul 01, 2013
danadam: Car: Mercedes Benz
Model: C 320 4matic
Model year: 2005
Engine: V6

My average estimated fuel consumption on a trip from Abuja to Kano.

that's approximately 34.7 km per litre (hope i'm right) which is good.

That's 20mpg = 8.5km per litre
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 01, 2013
nissparts:

That's 20mpg = 8.5km per litre

Correct.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by danadam(m): 11:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
nisspart and siena... thanks for the correction.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Gee2728(m): 2:22am On Jul 20, 2013
@ siena, I drive a 2000 W202 C230 kompressor. The manufacturer claimed fuel tank capacity is 62liters. But it takes abt 65 to 67 to fill up. And once on a journey from kaduna to maiduguri I did 336mile on a full tank so wats my consumption? Please, good or bad?
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by yungboss(m): 7:06am On Jul 20, 2013
Gee2728: @ siena, I drive a 2000 W202 C230 kompressor. The manufacturer claimed fuel tank capacity is 62liters. But it takes abt 65 to 67 to fill up. And once on a journey from kaduna to maiduguri I did 336mile on a full tank so wats my consumption? Please, good or bad?
with 67litres on 336miles, i think that's approximately 19mpg you managed, well not too bad (though a little thirsty), considering our type of fuel and the age of your car. In my 1993 6cyl BMW though 2.0l engine, in good condition,i get up to 23mpg on about 190km(~118miles) interstate...thats using about 19.3litres for 118miles. Comparing with yours, given same condition, i'll be using ~55litres on 336miles
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Dereformer(m): 10:08am On Jul 20, 2013
WHAT IS MPG AND WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU DERIVE FROM IT INCLUDING HOW TO CALCULATE IT?
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Gee2728(m): 10:25am On Jul 20, 2013
yungboss:
with 67litres on 336miles, i think that's approximately 19mpg you managed, well not too bad (though a little thirsty), considering our type of fuel and the age of your car. In my 1993 6cyl BMW though 2.0l engine, in good condition,i get up to 23mpg on about 190km(~118miles) interstate...thats using about 19.3litres for 118miles. Comparing with yours, given same condition, i'll be using ~55litres on 336miles
tnx youngboss, to the best of my knowledge my car is in best of condition cos lately have fix all issue that cos the check engine lights to come on. The one issue I have is geting thesame bosch mercedes spark plugs that came with the car as replacement. And sometimes I fill my drive style is responsible for the consumption cos I rly crank this baby 2 the limit somtime.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Gee2728(m): 10:36am On Jul 20, 2013
@ 19mpg that means am geting 7.6km/l? For a 13yr old merc I say not bad. Like siena sad if u enjoy ur car fuel consuption is not an issue. Honestly that's my reason for getn this car cos I traded my 2004 honda accord EX for this car with no regrets. I luv the thrust, the comfort and most importantly the high speed( once did 237km/h on a streach from kaduna to abuja) which will take a honda all week 2 get to dat speed.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by yungboss(m): 10:52am On Jul 20, 2013
Gee2728: @ 19mpg that means am geting 7.6km/l? For a 13yr old merc I say not bad. Like siena sad if u enjoy ur car fuel consuption is not an issue. Honestly that's my reason for getn this car cos I traded my 2004 honda accord EX for this car with no regrets. I luv the thrust, the comfort and most importantly the high speed( once did 237km/h on a streach from kaduna to abuja) which will take a honda all week 2 get to dat speed.
237km/h, hmmm. That's amazing how you got there, with family life now, i don't know if i will ever achieve that...about 205km/h or so, is the max i have ever pushed.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Gee2728(m): 1:11pm On Jul 20, 2013
yungboss:
237km/h, hmmm. That's amazing how you got there, with family life now, i don't know if i will ever achieve that...about 205km/h or so, is the max i have ever pushed.
boss u ryt abt this family thing, got married a month ago and every time I drive the thots of my beautiful wife comes 2 mind and its been hard 2 do 200km/h since then. Dnt plan on making her a 25yr old widow.all I wanna do is arrive home safely.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Gee2728(m): 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2013
@ boss, bosch- F7KTCR germany 885 R1. That's the spark plugs of my car. Cnt find replacement for it was wondring if u know of any equivalent of it?
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by JUO(m): 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2013
una Don start abi?
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Burger01(m): 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
Oga Sienna shocked shocked shocked Your Audi na die.. **Faints**
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by brojero: 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
Passat diesel 2.0 Bluemotion

Mostly motorway miles though

[img][/img]

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Dereformer(m): 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
Dereformer: WHAT IS MPG AND WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU DERIVE FROM IT INCLUDING HOW TO CALCULATE IT?

Question still unanswered.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by JUO(m): 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
this is refinery car, ikenna said head gasket is blown and that car is overheating. another mechanic said is valve seal. i will change the valve seal and post new picture.
i get 30km with 10litre
make: vw passat
engine: 2.0
year: 1993
gear: manual

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by Gee2728(m): 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
My guy your rly running a. 4 wheel refinery,I complain of doing 30km on 5liter of fuel in my W202 C230k.u need 2 have it checked out.
JUO: this is refinery car, ikenna said head gasket is blown and that car is overheating. another mechanic said is valve seal. i will change the valve seal and post new picture.
i get 30km with 10litre
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by ziccoit: 2:28am On Jul 28, 2013
JUO: this is refinery car, ikenna said head gasket is blown and that car is overheating. another mechanic said is valve seal. i will change the valve seal and post new picture.
i get 30km with 10litre

30km to 10l is very high. I assumed "refinery car" means you can fuel at no cost by your company? Otherwise, you must have a very deep pocket.
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by JUO(m): 5:07am On Jul 28, 2013
single company no even they my area sef, the ones wen dey before don run go deep sea. my guy na hustling
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) by auhanson(m): 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
Siena:

My Audi S8 is a 4,2L V8, with 360 hp, and 5-speed Tiptronic. The car also weighs 1,858 kilos, so all the ingredients for a thirsty car. I can see up to 30 mppg on the motorway, up to 23 mpg in town. If I really employ all 360 horses with my foot to the floor, as low as 16 mpg.

12,6 mpg is not right, and is indicative something's seriously wrong. Either you have a massive leak, or a fuelling issue, causing your car to drink that much. I couldn't afford to run a car that returns 12,6 mpg, that could well drop to single figures if you really push it. I'd be bankrupt within a month, at that rate.

When i was in Calabar,in my 1995 c180 i was able to gain upto 23mpg distance in the city over a week observation and calculation(previous odometer reading -current odometer reading divided by the litres fueled at the same gas station, after having converted to miles and gallons),and 34 mpg on the highway i.e between Calabar and Port Harcourt and vice versa but when i returned to PH, i could only gain just 13 mpg(very disturbing..even wondering if i had miscalculated the Calabar mpg? because of the sharp difference to that of PH, but for that of the higway i can still remember refilling 17 litres on going and coming). However, overhere in PH you can hardly drive up to 1km/h in most part of my route while going to work except going to town, and almost every 5 seconds stop and moves, the roads are extremely bad though is/about being underconstruction.I am trying hard to see what i could gain again in the next one week.. i have clean my plugs. Pour 1/2 gallon of thinner into my fuel tank and fill up my tank with fuel. I am trying hard to gain more and would keep you posted then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Economical Are V4 Cars? / What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? / Help!speedometer On 2009 Is Not Working And Abs/brake Light On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.