Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke (24452 Views)

Share Your Prayer Request, Nairaland Pastors Will Pray For You / Where Can I Get "Alone With God" By Bishop Francis Wale Oke / Encounter The God Of Signs & Wonders With Bishop Francis Wale Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by dammy1985: 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
Goshen360: Okay Bishop Wale Oke. I know I love you and have been blessed by your very own ministry when I schooled at Federal Polytechnic, Offa in Kwara state, Nigeria on one of your radio transmitted in Offa.

With due respect sir, I'll like to comment on this arrogant statement of yours perhaps you may be reading:

This is nothing but an arrogant statements. So it has become you guys (MoGs) who wins the soul and no longer the Holy Spirit? It has become you and your colleague who empowers the poor and yet many Nigerians are still living under $2/day? It is no longer God who work through you as a vessel Your statements are filled with self achievement and doesn't answer to scripture sir. Even the universities built, how many of the members in their economic state can afford the tuition aside the rich. You boast of transforming lives and yet, life itself is not in the abundance of what man owns but quality.

Jesus said, "I have glorified you on the earth: I have finished the work which you gave me to do", John 17:4 and Apostle Paul said same thing in 2 Timothy 4:7. When Jesus and the Apostle made such a bold statement, Jesus had not even died and yet he said, "he had finishED the work". What then is the finished work when he had not died? He had REPRODUCED himself in a generation of men that will work according the same work he had done. Today's MoG are busy expanding their empire, not the kingdom and REPRODUCING collection centers called "church branches" whereby they can accumulate more money to acquire their earthly possessions. How many of Adeboye's Pastor have their private jets How many of Ayo Oritsejafor's branch pastor have the their own jets Or are they not all called to preach the gospel

Again, nobody is envy of your private jet since we now know you are also beginning to covet after your own private jet hence you must come out to defend MoGs with private jets. The real critics is the means by which the private jets are acquired. When MoGs use all sort of gimmicks to milk the sheep in order to acquire wealth is the real issue sir.
What you said is RUBBISH
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by drnoel: 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2012
I pity ur congregation. I will not and Neva give money to finance the dreams of anoda man owning a jet. See me see trouble, see after he owns the jet, he will want us to finance the jet fuel too and the park fees or would he park it at the church premises?

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 3:20pm On Dec 13, 2012
Virgin Finder:

Who told you tithes and offerings can buy a private jet?

No true MOG will dip his hands into the church purse for any selfish reason whatsoever.

These MOG are just blessed. The era of 'as poor as a church rat' is long gone forgotten.

MOG are supposed to reflect the glory and riches of God!
If man of God no get the true wealth and riches na me or you wan get am ?
God bless us
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by adahib: 3:26pm On Dec 13, 2012
how can a supposed MOG exude such irritating level of arrogance? wonders they say,shall never cease.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
drnoel: I pity ur congregation. I will not and Neva give money to finance the dreams of anoda man owning a jet. See me see trouble, see after he owns the jet, he will want us to finance the jet fuel too and the park fees or would he park it at the church premises?
Have u given before ? If yes how much have you given all put together ? If u have not given and no intention to give,pls allow those who still want to give !
God help us
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by rusher14: 3:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

If man of God no get the true wealth and riches na me or you wan get am ?
God bless us
That's laughable!!
Was John the baptist not a man of God?
Were the disciples, many of whom suffered humiliating deaths not MOGs?
What has changed besides the new paradigm of I can preach and enrich myself in God's name?
What has changed besides the fact that you can threathen the sheeple with the wrath of God if they dare utter any complaint?
Let's be honest these guys are just fleecing people.
What happened to not leading people to sin by your actions? The furore these worldly acquisitions have generated of late can they not be thought of as actions that lead one to sin?
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by rusher14: 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Have u given before ? If yes how much have you given all put together ? If u have not given and no intention to give,pls allow those who still want to give !
God help us
In other words, you can return whatever he has given in the past?
In other words his soul is not of importance to you afterall there are many who would give and not complain?
No! God help you!!!

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
adahib: how can a supposed MOG exude such irritating level of arrogance? wonders they say,shall never cease.
True Men of God also speak in such manner even in the bible days ! It depends on ur calling ! John the baptist was a man of God he spoke violently hence the popular scripture;''SINCE THE DAYS OF JOHN THE BAPTIST THE KINGDOM OF GOD SUFFERERETH VIOLENCE AND THE VIOLENT TAKETH IT BY FORCE'' that he (John) was even beheaded becos some ppl no like as him dey talk ! You can talk for the purpose of the kingdom so long as you do not go against the word of God !
God help us
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by litery: 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
It is a pity christainity has taken a diffrent look. The white who brought christainity to us did it with total commitment with no gain whatsoever.

Instead of buying private jets, why not acquire vast land, build low cost houses specifically for the poor among us, instead of buying private jets, why not open up factories or mechanized farms for the unemployed, instead of buying private jets, why not set up good schools for the poor etc; There are so much to put in place by these men of God to alleviate poverty. It is a pity they are leaving it all for the government to do.

God indeed will start judging from his own house.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by rusher14: 3:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

True Men of God also speak in such manner even in the bible days ! It depends on ur calling ! John the baptist was a man of God he spoke violently hence the popular scripture;''SINCE THE DAYS OF JOHN THE BAPTIST THE KINGDOM OF GOD SUFFERERETH VIOLENCE AND THE VIOLENT TAKETH IT BY FORCE'' that he (John) was even beheaded becos some ppl no like as him dey talk ! You can talk for the purpose of the kingdom so long as you do not go against the word of God !
God help us
The same John the baptist that ate locust and wild honey? Picture one of these Self-serving men of the robe doing such.
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 3:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
rusher14:
In other words, you can return whatever he has given in the past?
In other words his soul is not of importance to you afterall there are many who would give and not complain?
Giving takes no man to heaven but can for sure add to ur account in heaven.
See below as apostle paul speaks to the phillipians:
''Not that I seek the gift itself, but I seek for the profit which increases to your account.''-Phillipians 4:17
People who give see it to be a spiritual thing but if you dnt,you can go and ask the man of God to return ur seed back to you.
God help us
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by nollywood20: 3:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
6 my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.

“Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also reject you as my priests;
because you have ignored the law of your God,
I also will ignore your children.

~ Hosea 4:6

New International Version (NIV)

14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

~ Matthew 10:14

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?
17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
~ Messiah Jesus Christ in Matthew 7:15-20, Holy Bible (NIV).

PS: From The Prophet Lied

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 3:43pm On Dec 13, 2012
rusher14:
The same John the baptist that ate locust and wild honey? Picture one of these Self-serving men of the robe doing such.
You see !
He ate locust and wild honey and lived as if he 'was mad' ! Yet he was a man of God.
Jesus never ate locust and wild honey ! Jesus own was that he was called a drunk, a frolicker with harlots and also using the spirit of bezeborg to cast out demons.
Now which one you say oyedepo,wale oke,adeboye and the oritsejafors do self ?
God help us
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by bankylan: 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2012
......So many frustrated and jobless folks here.. What is the big thing in owing a jet as a Pastor? With all your condemnations and abuse, the men of God are still growing strong while you are still in lack,and at the same time putting your generations to come under curse. God says,'Touch not my anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
If my man of God is not wealthy, how can he convince me that God he serves is able to provide for all my needs. So many people only embrace the person of Jesus Christ, and not His principles. His 'person' assures you of eternity with Him, and His 'principles' make us reign on earth. That is why so many people go to church and not even blessed; most are born again, but are not following God's principles.
I will sow to the ministry of any man of God that wants to buy a jet, it is about tapping into the grace. Christianity is not logic, it is deep, and not for the shallow minded without the Holy spirit.
Someone is mentioning Catholic church; I know of many Catholic churches that will go and distribute envelopes to unbelievers and Muslims for fund raising when they want to build their churches. This is a disgrace to the kingdom of God...In my Church-a pentecostal one, we are raising Champions, taking territories, and we will never go out to beg people out there for the house of God.

The mandate of God is for Christians to dominate in every area...... I am sure there are few here with degrees from best schools in the world.
If folks like me and many of my friends in Church could be givers and workers in the house of God given our exposures, work experience, traveling experience, education, and age, I wonder why some people would still believe they know more than the folks in Church.

Critics, go to Winners, Daystar, KICC, House on the Rock, Redeem, on any Sunday morning, and see if you are happier, wealthier, richer, and more educated than folks you will see in the Church... I am sure low self esteem is what will make any man believe that it is impossible to be whoever you want to be.
Guys, wake up, things are happening, opportunities are many. Don't be ok with salary......There are over 150millions Nigerians. If you can get a product and sell to just 50,000 Nigerians who will give you 1000naira profit on each; that is 50m. This same thought changed my life.

In 2013, watch out for the Church. We need to show the Govt that they should learn from us.

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by redsun(m): 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2012
The case of the more u look the less u see can not be better than this. Here he is telling the devoted and bedeviled flocks of sheep that he will whatever he likes with their hard earned monies and they cant do fckall about it.
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by rusher14: 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Giving takes no man to heaven but can for sure add to ur account in heaven.
See below as apostle paul speaks to the phillipians:
''Not that I seek the gift itself, but I seek for the profit which increases to your account.''-Phillipians 4:17
People who give see it to be a spiritual thing but if you dnt,you can go and ask the man of God to return ur seed back to you.
God help us
The I in question was that of God or Paul?
Again I ask is this returning of seeds scriptural? Or something MKO has generated so as to be in tandem with his fellow men of the robe?
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
nollywood20: 6 my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.

“Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also reject you as my priests;
because you have ignored the law of your God,
I also will ignore your children.

~ Hosea 4:6

14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

~ Matthew 10:14

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?
17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
~ Messiah Jesus Christ in Matthew 7:15-20, Holy Bible (NIV).

PS: From The Prophet Lied
That is why we should be very careful. Christ warned us against such fake and evil prophets. They did not start comming out just today. After the death of christ,so many other kinds of teachings started.See the stories between even our own banaba and paul.See also what happened with the 'early churches'Some of them started by the worship of so many negative things in the name of doing it for God. They thot doctrines of men as against what was in the bible. If u talk or ask they will say the bible is not complete and that it was written by mere men ! But christ never asked us to call them names or start to abuse them but he said we should give them chance if we identify them. He said we should bless them and even pray for them. So my brother,you should know what to do if you are a christian who studies the word. Dnt worry the holy spirit will help us all !
God bless us
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by nollywood20: 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
bankylan: ......So many frustrated and jobless folks here.. What is the big thing in owing a jet as a Pastor? With all your condemnations and abuse, the men of God are still growing strong while you are still in lack,and at the same time putting your generations to come under curse. God says,'Touch not my anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
If my man of God is not wealthy, how can he convince me that God he serves is able to provide for all my needs. So many people only embrace the person of Jesus Christ, and not His principles. His 'person' assures you of eternity with Him, and His 'principles' make us reign on earth. That is why so many people go to church and not even blessed; most are born again, but are not following God's principles.
I will sow to the ministry of any man of God that wants to buy a jet, it is about tapping into the grace. Christianity is not logic, it is deep, and not for the shallow minded without the Holy spirit.
Someone is mentioning Catholic church; I know of many Catholic churches that will go and distribute envelopes to unbelievers and Muslims for fund raising when they want to build their churches. This is a disgrace to the kingdom of God...In my Church-a pentecostal one, we are raising Champions, taking territories, and we will never go out to beg people out there for the house of God.

The mandate of God is for Christians to dominate in every area...... I am sure there are few here with degrees from best schools in the world.
If folks like me and many of my friends in Church could be givers and workers in the house of God given our exposures, work experience, traveling experience, education, and age, I wonder why some people would still believe they know more than the folks in Church.

Critics, go to Winners, Daystar, KICC, House on the Rock, Redeem, on any Sunday morning, and see if you are happier, wealthier, richer, and more educated than folks you will see in the Church... I am sure low self esteem is what will make any man believe that it is impossible to be whoever you want to be.
Guys, wake up, things are happening, opportunities are many. Don't be ok with salary......There are over 150millions Nigerians. If you can get a product and sell to just 50,000 Nigerians who will give you 1000naira profit on each; that is 50m. This same thought changed my life.

In 2013, watch out for the Church. We need to show the Govt that they should learn from us.

[size=28pt]Millions of the jobless youths in Nigeria are members of these churches and the pastors have no plans to employ them or even create cottage industries for the employment of their jobless members. But they know how to collect tithes and offerings.

Pastors don't need private jets to spread the word of God in these days of INTERNET.
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by DanielNoble(m): 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
WELLDONE CHURCH AUDITORS.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by miteolu(m): 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2012
Ola one: The same Wale Oke who engaged in extra-marital affair in the '90s? undecided

you get record
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by ogaju007(m): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
miteolu:

you get record

Yes we get record.... Google am. shiooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 4:02pm On Dec 13, 2012
rusher14:
The I in question was that of God or Paul?
Again I ask is this returning of seeds scriptural? Or something MKO has generated so as to be in tandem with his fellow men of the robe?
The I is paul not God !
See below scripture supporting that one:
Phillipians 4:10-20 [b]I have great joy in the Lord because now at last you have again expressed your concern for me (now I know you were concerned before but had no opportunity to do anything). I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content in any circumstance. I have experienced times of need and times of abundance. In any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of contentment, whether I go satisfied or hungry, have plenty or nothing. I am able to do all things through the one who strengthens me. Nevertheless, you did well to share with me in my trouble. 4:15 And as you Philippians know, at the beginning of my gospel ministry, when I left Macedonia, no church shared with me in this matter of giving and receiving except you alone. For even in Thessalonica on more than one occasion you sent something for my need. It is not that I am seeking the gift. Rather, I seek the credit that abounds to your account. For I have received all things, and I have plenty. I have all I need because I received from Epaphroditus your gifts—a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, very pleasing to God. And my God will supply all that you need according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. May glory be given to God our Father forever and ever. Amen.[/b]
My friend,if i start to give or bring out scripture concerning giving and receiving,i will not finish the quotation and explanation today. It is scriptural but if you dnt believe u can't receive even if you sow or give !You must first beleive before you sow. Sowing and reaping is ofcourse a natural law made possible by God.There is also a sowing and reaping principle for chritians ! If you look closely to the quote above,you will see where apostle is praying or prophesying to the Phillipians that they will receive from God becos they have given to him apostle paul.
God help you rusher and help me as well
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by bankylan: 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2012
You said the Catholic church is richer, yet there are many jobless, and poor folks in Catholic Church in Nigeria, and very sad indeed that a Catholic Church as big as St Agnes in Yaba will go out and solicit funds from unbelievers in this country to build their Church. What a disgrace to the Kingdom of God, and the reason is just that the folks in the 'church' are not empowered. Winners build her own Church, and her own University, with her own expertise...House on the Rock, Daystar, and KICC, all have befitting edifice built by folks in the Church.
Can you tell me why there so many poverty stricken folks in your Catholic Church?
Tell me of anything charity or giving by Catholic church that surpasses the donations and charity of Winners or Redeem. You mentioned Apostle Paul, when Jesus promised us that if we have Holy spirit, the least among us will be greater than the Apostles.

You have not seen anything yet, Christians are taking over the economy of this nation, and I will not be found missing.

chukwudi44: Typical mindset of the average pentecostal minister.its all about money!! Money!! and nothing else.

The Roman catholic church to date is still more than 10,000 times richer than these 'mushroom' churches yet the ministers would rather devote their monies to charities and living humble lives as oppossed to these charlatans.

They keep mentioning about their churches in disapora,how many members do RCCG,LFC or even Oritsejafor churches have in dispora? I keep hearing about presence in 160 countries but do they have any dignificant presence in these countries?

St Paul the greatest missionary in history did not use private jets to succced neither did st Francis Xavier,st patrick,David Livingstone and other great missionary workers.

These men have converted far more souls in remote locations than these private jet pastors.How many countries have Oyedepo,Adeboye and Oritsejafor introduced christianity to? How many souls have they won outside nigeria with their private jets
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by ogaju007(m): 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2012
Keep giving abi.... when countries are breaking barriers and discovering new things, technology and stuff. we are there reading about another country's 2000 year old history. what a waste of human capital.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Shine1177: 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
Pharisees, Judas and private jets!

A generous lady, stricken in her heart by the weight of her sins which Jesus wrote off, broke an alabaster jar of an expensive ointment and poured it all at the head and feet of Jesus, oiling and wiping out the dirt with her lush hair. Hey! What’s going on?

The Pharisees who knew the cost of such ointment raised a hubbub. Why waste so much money on a prophet—if Jesus was truly one! Didn’t Jesus know the value of such ointment, that it could employ over a dozen graduates for a year? Was Jesus not aware of the unemployment situation in Israel, the roaring poverty ravaging the land with many of the poor going hungry?

What kind of insensitivity is this—for a man who claimed to be the son of God? If this wayward woman had so much money, why not direct it to the temple where proper religious leaders would know what to do with such a large sum of money? Even Jesus’ close disciples were clearly aghast and grumbled aloud. Judas, the treasurer, not one to condone waste if he had nothing to do with it, pulled Jesus aside for remonstrations.

“Leave her alone,” Jesus replied, unmoved by their hypocrisy. “Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want…She poured the perfume on my body before hand to prepare for my burial.” Well, it will appear that these days, there are still so many Pharisees and Judases around the town.

The hullabaloo over the gift of private jet to the President of Christian Council of Nigeria, CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor on his 70th birthday attests to that. Well, what do you expect? Oritsejafor is both the President of CAN and the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, two powerful umbrella groups that encompass political and religious leadership of probably over 70 million Christians in Nigeria.

In a manner of speaking, Oritsejafor, like him or hate him—notwithstanding—is leading more flock even if vicariously, than so many African heads of states. On pure logistic terms, his activities are not any less hectic than that of even the busiest head of corporation anywhere in the world or the more busy state governors in Nigeria. The last I checked, nobody went on strike or called for a revolution when many of the state governors we hired with our tax payers money, started acquiring private jets to move around. In fact, even the governor of relatively obscure Taraba State acquired a private jet and a helicopter not so much because his state is in acute need of such luxury, but perhaps more as training toys to sharpen his flying skills!

Unfortunately, such an expensive executive indulgence not only turned tragic but nearly fatal to his life and that of four others. Now, that state is picking the expensive medical bills of the accident victims lying critically ill in hospital in Germany. Yes, somebody might well argue, might such money spent on expensive air misadventure not have been used to upgrade hospital facilities in Taraba State, home of one of Africa’s richest men, General Theophilus Danjuma, according to the latest Forbes list of the world’s richest persons?

The print, electronic and online media are awash with furious attacks on church leaders that acquired private jets. Who are they? Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church who built his church from less than a thousand membership to many millions of membership with thousands of branches in Nigeria and many countries of the world. Adeboye’s church had also invested heavily not only in building a new city out of the jungle, they also own their primary, secondary and private university, the Redeemers University, open to all Nigerians.

Next is Bishop David Oyedepo, the apostle of faith gospel and General Overseer of Winners Chapel. Not only has he built what is described as the largest church auditorium in the world, his two private universities, Covenant University and Landmark University are usually rated as number one among private universities by the National University Commission.

There is Pastor Sam Adeyemi, pastor of Daystar Christian Centre, a very unassuming fellow, who has probably done more than anyone else I know to motivate and build the leaders of tomorrow. It is of course, possible that Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is in this list of private jet owners. Ecclesiastical maverick, Pastor Tunde Bakare, is calling for a revolution to sweep away spiritual leaders who own private jets.

Some critics link the affluence of these prelates which led to their acquiring private jets to the unholy alliance between some church leaders and the corrupt government officials, including especially the oil subsidy rogues who had milked the nation dry.

Many critics talk glibly about how these men are exploiting their gullible flock to milk them of millions in order to aggrandize themselves, a fact which the acquisition of private jets seem to illustrate. But of course, you cannot rule out the issue of exploitation of gullible flock either by these men or pastors generally.

But, even if these were so, is it any different from the exploitation of consumers in all facets of national life by many corporate sharks with their own private jets whom we lionize and celebrate?

Those of us who know how utterly difficult it is to build a ministry to success can equally attest that on the empirical evidence of what these men have achieved as pastors, they are people who could have made it as billionaires even in secular circumstance if they had not been called to the ministry. Otherwise, if running a church is as easy as many seem to suggest, many more Nigerians would have flocked into it to buy their own jets.

But the truth is that so many people indeed flocked into ministry expecting a pot of gold only to hit the sand. As Jesus once said, wisdom is justified by her children. So many of the criticisms are borne more out of frustration than any clear righteous indignation of the type Bakare who is successful on his own, is expressing—wrongly in my view.

A Sunday Punch investigation, for instance, revealed that over N5 trillion had been stolen since President Goodluck Jonathan took over power in May 29, 2010. That amount is more than enough to finance Nigeria’s annual budget for one year and three months without a deficit!

In fact, the Nuhu Ribadu-led Petroleum Task Force reports that 250,000 barrels of crude oil worth about $6.3million are stolen daily—enough money every day to buy a private jet! Rather than wail over such unprecedented national calamity, our critics prefer to turn their guns at church leaders who had private jets.

Since the last dispensation to date, almost all the bank managing directors have private jets at their disposal, ostensibly to aid them in running a bank in Nigeria with thousands of staff and customers.

[b]But some of the pastors who have private jets have thousands of branches with several million members. The fact is that it is not so much that Nigerians are against private persons owning private jets as pastors owning them. Why should pastors, men of God called to piety, own private jets, something that ought to be the exclusive preserve of the world’s affluent private members.

This is a throwback to the old theology that equates piety with poverty; that throws up Lazarus who made it to heaven with his putrefying sores as a model of Christian virtues while his rich and uncaring neighbor ended up in hell. But the gospel of Christ is good news and from the beginning, poverty was not part of God’s agenda for man—until Satan showed up, marketing sin to man. From the beginning, God has always argued that the earth is the Lord’s and the fullness therefore (Psalm 24, 50 etc).

Abraham was exceedingly rich in his time; his son Isaac was richer than his host nation; his grandson Jacob was even more abundantly rich; indeed, even the biblical Job had more trailers (camels) for instance than Aliko Dangote, etc. From the beginning, God never wanted the church to be poor. Out of the twelve tribes of Israel, the Levites were not to be given any inheritance when the land was being shared, but then each of the eleven tribes were to pay them 10% of their income as tithes, meaning that in the end, each tribe retains 90% and Levites are left with 110%! The Levites of old are today’s pastors!

How are the pastors getting so rich? From tithes and offerings which are clearly scriptural teachings of the Bible. Of course, tithing and offerings are matters of faith. If you don’t like it, don’t go to churches which teach people to pay tithe. The matter is so simply that it is stupid for anybody to bellyache about churches collecting tithes and offerings. I will probably not consider acquiring a private jet any priority even if I have the money, but that is a matter of choice rather than a doctrine. Of course, there are church leaders who are probably no better than scoundrels, but who is to judge such ones?
[/b]

Those who want to judge them by sheer force of activism and revolutions are probably indirectly losing faith in the capacity of God to punish those who desecrate his temple. Ladies and gentlemen, let’s move on to more important things!

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/columns/pharisees-judas-and-private-jets/

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by omenka(m): 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
A day shall come, very soon, when these men would account for their evry deed to US and then our virdict would see them sent to the other side to answer to their creator!
I so pray.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
MAYOWAAK: The bishop stated this in a release made available to Tribune Church. “We are being criticised for buying jets! But they forgot that before we started to buy jets, we were winning souls in thousands and millions, turning men and women from darkness to light. We were transforming lives, giving them beauty for ashes. We were empowering people, equipping them with the revelation knowledge of God’s word that lifts men out of the pit of poverty, to the pinnacle of grace and dominion! We were empowering the poor, not only giving them fish to eat but also teaching them how to fish. We were building schools that were giving quality education to the people, empowering them mentally to become prominent (these include those throwing stones at us now!). We were building universities. We were transforming our society, and changing our nation, one soul at a time,” he said.

It is a sad indictment on the "church" today that we arrogate so much of God's power to our own wisdom. Those souls you claim you won were touched, not by the eloquence of your words, but by the grace of Jesus. All the above you sir claim... Paul counted as NOTHING that he may win CHRIST. Shame on you.

MAYOWAAK:
Oke wondered what Nigeria would have been if not for the efforts of Pentecostalism in the country. “They have seen a few jets. They ain’t seen nothing yet! More of us will yet buy and maintain our jets, because, by the mercy of God, we have been given the wisdom to do so. And we are willing to teach the nation, if they will listen to us, rather than throw stones.

We would be no different. Infact the country is much worse than it was 40 yrs ago when our parents were still mired in idols.

MAYOWAAK:
“However, our critics should know that the jets mean nothing to us! They are just tools to do the work that God has given us in a more effective manner. Or how can an Adeboye who has churches in over 160 nations of the earth cope with his pastoral and apostolic responsibilities without some private jets! He does not need just one. He needs some!

This is the same exact excuse Ashimolowo used in the other video post here. Sorry but this is misplaced arrogance to think that churches cannot function without the oversight of the GO. When Paul started his ministry, it was not about his brand but about JESUS. So he trained pastors in the local areas to take over the church as soon as possible... thanks to him we have the likes of timothy, titus and Philemon... men who learnt at the feet of the apostle and went ahead to lead their own congregations with the full blessings of the one Lord who had called them into ministry. Why does Adeboye need to be everywhere? Are there no local pastors trained well enough to lead?

MAYOWAAK:
How can an Ayo Oritsejafor, who has to minister around the globe, pastor a very large congregation in Warri, and still attend to critical national matters in Abuja, if he has to keep waiting at the airports, in a system where nothing is predictable? Our critics should, please, note that more of us are following the trail of the like of Adeboye, whose wealth and affluence has never stopped him from being a true shepherd of the poor and downtrodden, in true humility, simplicity and godly sincerity, a shining example of true Pentecostalism and Charismatic wisdom,” he said.

I call bull on the above.

1. There is the notion now that our MOGs are more important than us who have to wait in the same unpredictable airports. Or do we also go buy private jets too?
2. Why does Ayo Oritsejafor need to minister around the globe when their are the unreached in Kebbi state closer by? Why exactly is he "ministering" in exactly the same locations that Adeboye, Ashimolowo, Oyedepo and co are also ministering? In the exact same spots that thousands of ministers populate? Was this the example the apostles laid down for us?
3. If he needs to attend to "critical national matters" in abuja then why is that not paid for by the government? Why exactly are our "pastors" now part of the worldly government system that enslaves us? Imagine apostle Paul needing to attend to critical national matters in Rome? Nah... he was too busy with reaching the lost to care about such ephemeral nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by rusher14: 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
bankylan: ......So many frustrated and jobless folks here.. What is the big thing in owing a jet as a Pastor? With all your condemnations and abuse, the men of God are still growing strong while you are still in lack,and at the same time putting your generations to come under curse. God says,'Touch not my anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

From your text one can assume you are doing OK financially but does that mean that wealth is exclusive to you and anyone that tows your line of thought?
When someone feels peturbed by the killing of twins or albinos does that mean the person has something to personally benefit?
Do you have any idea the number of white people that fought for the ending of slave trade?
Perhaps you cannot understand, being selfless is something alien to a lot of people but not every single person.
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by bankylan: 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2012
nollywood20:

[size=28pt]Millions of the jobless youths in Nigeria are members of these churches and the pastors have no plans to employ them or even create cottage industries for the employment of their jobless members. But they know how to collect tithes and offerings.

Pastors don't need private jets to spread the word of God in these days of INTERNET.
[/size]

I was one of those miilions sometimes in the past, and I did not need Church to provide me with a Job, I needed church to empower me mentally and spiritually so that I can go out and succeed. Folks that were waiting for Church help are still there battered, frustrated, and changing churches. I am good, married, fulfilled, and waxing strong. The place of church as God intends is to empower people to prosper. I am to bring my tithes, first fruit and offerings to Church, and never expect the church to give me anything material thing or a job in exchange.
God does not spend our money, He only wants my obedience. I obey God, he blesses me.
For the rest of my life, I just wanna give. But if you give with the expectation of getting something back, then you have misunderstood the cross. And David said,' I will not give unto God, that which costs me nothing'.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
Shine1177: A generous lady, stricken in her heart by the weight of her sins which Jesus wrote off, broke an alabaster jar of an expensive ointment and poured it all at the head and feet of Jesus, oiling and wiping out the dirt with her lush hair. Hey! What’s going on?

The Pharisees who knew the cost of such ointment raised a hubbub. Why waste so much money on a prophet—if Jesus was truly one! Didn’t Jesus know the value of such ointment, that it could employ over a dozen graduates for a year? Was Jesus not aware of the unemployment situation in Israel, the roaring poverty ravaging the land with many of the poor going hungry?

What kind of insensitivity is this—for a man who claimed to be the son of God? If this wayward woman had so much money, why not direct it to the temple where proper religious leaders would know what to do with such a large sum of money? Even Jesus’ close disciples were clearly aghast and grumbled aloud. Judas, the treasurer, not one to condone waste if he had nothing to do with it, pulled Jesus aside for remonstrations.

“Leave her alone,” Jesus replied, unmoved by their hypocrisy. “Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want…She poured the perfume on my body before hand to prepare for my burial.” Well, it will appear that these days, there are still so many Pharisees and Judases around the town.

The hullabaloo over the gift of private jet to the President of Christian Council of Nigeria, CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor on his 70th birthday attests to that. Well, what do you expect? Oritsejafor is both the President of CAN and the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, two powerful umbrella groups that encompass political and religious leadership of probably over 70 million Christians in Nigeria.

Oh dear... this excuse used time and time again to justify the perfidy that is the church leadership today. This story is oft abused by those too willing to justify their own covetous living. The woman used expensive perfume to WORSHIP the LORD not to use it to her own comfort. Are the jets a sacrifice to the Lord or a monument to greed, arrogance and covetousness?

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 13, 2012
bankylan:

I was one of those miilions sometimes in the past, and I did not need Church to provide me with a Job, I needed church to empower me mentally and spiritually so that I can go out and succeed. Folks that were waiting for Church help are still there battered, frustrated, and changing churches. I am good, married, fulfilled, and waxing strong. The place of church as God intends is to empower people to prosper. I am to bring my tithes, first fruit and offerings to Church, and never expect the church to give me anything material thing or a job in exchange.
God does not spend our money, He only wants my obedience. I obey God, he blesses me.
For the rest of my life, I just wanna give. But if you give with the expectation of getting something back, then you have misunderstood the cross. And David said,' I will not give unto God, that which costs me nothing'.

where did you see this in your bible? Is your church now the temple and your pastors levites?

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2012
nollywood20:

[/size]
The word is not your word so you dnt tell how it should be preached !Yours is just to accept the word if you care and believe.
Pastors are not government but can show you how in the bible you can be employed effortlessly. If it delays,it could either be God want's to prepare you very well before giving you that Job or bizness or you should watch ur inside. For the fact that you come to pray every day in church does not make you a christian.
Come to think of it,these pastors employ workers in the vine yard ! And with these universities springing up all over Nigeria,i think the pastors dnt work there but people they have employed and pay well ! But little wonder u guys still want to kill them for establishing these schools and allowing masses to be gainfully employed yet i hear you say they dnt create jobs !
God help us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Claims to Have Survived Without Food And Water For 70 Years! / I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? / Atheism Is A Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.