Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? (24451 Views)

"I Have Never Fallen Under Anointing Before, Is This Normal"? / Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Sermwell(m): 9:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
I feel going to church is just a waste of time since they are all going to be repeating themselves undecided everyone here in our house is busy preparing for tomorrow's sunday service but I don't see the big deal and I'm already making up my mind not to attend any church service anymore! I'm just tired abeg!! I hope this is normal!

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by cckris: 10:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
I just prayed to rise early & strong, & that my Sunday School class be very INTERACTIVE.

14 Likes

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Sermwell(m): 10:08pm On Sep 10, 2016
cckris:
I just prayed to rise early & strong, & that my Sunday School class be very INTERACTIVE.
Do you also experience the boredom in church? shocked

1 Like

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Weah96: 10:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
Go for the girls. They do reserve some of their best outfits for church.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Julietcutie(f): 10:16pm On Sep 10, 2016
hmm
Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by midolian(m): 10:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
The fear of tithes is the beginning of wisdom. grin grin

Jokes apart OP, I feel the church we need is within us. Do good always. No excuse is acceptable for doing bad.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by lilmax(m): 10:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
just make sure you change that OUR house to MY house and you are good to go

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
Sermwell:
I feel going to church is just a waste of time since they are all going to be repeating themselves undecided everyone here in our house is busy preparing for tomorrow's sunday service but I don't see the big deal and I'm already making up my mind not to attend any church service anymore! I'm just tired abeg!! I hope this is normal!
You're not alone bro

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by An2elect2(f): 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
I got saved outside 'church'

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by ifenes(m): 11:23pm On Sep 10, 2016
Gradually my people are waking up. The veil is being pulled out slowly.

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by florest(m): 12:04am On Sep 11, 2016
An2elect2:
I got saved outside 'church'
That is not possible ma, U can't be saved outside the church. Who preached to you? What is your definition of CHURCH? I am sure d building did not preached to you but a member of the church.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by florest(m): 1:07am On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:
No, it's not normal bro., it's another trick, subtlety of the devil to get you out of the WAY. I tell you the truth, I have been there before, and every true believer will. In my by experience, I learned that any time you obey that voice, the devil win you.he succeeded in his threefold ministry which are; to STILL, to KILL, and to DESTROY. Now, do you remember this words of Christ: Behold I send D promise of My Father upon you; BUT TARRY in the CITY of JERUSALEM UNTIL U R endued with POWER from on high. Acts 2:49? Its a COMMAND OF JESUS Himself. Also Hebrews 10:25 which says, NOT FORSAKING THE ASSEMBLING OF OURSELVES together, as is the MANNER OF SOME, ..... So, I say, be sober, be vigilant, for YOUR ADVERSARY, the devil walks about like a roaring lion, looking for whom to devour, RESIST him, STEADFAST IN FAITH,knowing that the same SUFFERING are EXPERIENCED by YOUR BROTHERS IN THE WORLD 1peter 5:8-9

107 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Deepfreezer(m): 1:37am On Sep 11, 2016
When you follow Christianity like a Religion you are bound to make mistakes
Christianity is living the life of Christ.

Op its normal joor your lifestyle is what makes u a Christian not a church goer.

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by flamingREED(m): 3:53am On Sep 11, 2016
1. A mighty fortress is our God,
a bulwark never failing;
our helper he amid the flood
of mortal ills prevailing.
For still our ancient foe
doth seek to work us woe;
his craft and power are great,
and armed with cruel hate,
on earth is not his equal.

2. Did we in our own strength confide,
our striving would be losing,
were not the right man on our side,
the man of God's own choosing.
Dost ask who that may be?
Christ Jesus, it is he;
Lord Sabaoth, his name,
from age to age the same,
and he must win the battle.

3. AND THOUGH THIS WORLD, WITH DEVILS FILLED,
SHOULD THREATEN TO UNDO US,
WE WILL NOT FEAR, FOR GOD HATH WILLED
HIS TRUTH TO TRIUMPH THROUGH US.
THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS GRIM,
WE TREMBLE NOT FOR HIM;
HIS RAGE WE CAN ENDURE,
FOR LO, HIS DOOM IS SURE;
ONE LITTLE WORD SHALL FELL HIM.

4. That word above all earthly powers,
no thanks to them, abideth;
the Spirit and the gifts are ours,
thru him who with us sideth.
Let goods and kindred go,
this mortal life also;
the body they may kill;
God's truth abideth still;
his kingdom is forever.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by flamingREED(m): 3:59am On Sep 11, 2016
Atheists pretending to be Christians.

Unrepentant sinners thinking they have a say in God's business:

False brethren.

2 John 1
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, HATH NOT GOD. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

1 John 4
5 THEY ARE OF THE WORLD: THEREFORE SPEAK THEY OF THE WORLD, AND THE WORLD HEARETH THEM.
lipsrsealed

1 John 2
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 THEY WENT OUT FROM US, BUT THEY WERE NOT OF US; FOR IF THEY HAD BEEN OF US, THEY WOULD NO DOUBT HAVE CONTINUED WITH US: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

2 Corinthians 11
26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, IN PERILS AMONG FALSE BRETHREN;

Galatians 2
4 And that because of FALSE BRETHREN UNAWARES BROUGHT IN, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Vince77(m): 4:02am On Sep 11, 2016
I'm also getting tired too gradually. Throughout yesterday (Saturday), it didn't even cross my mind that the next day is Sunday n that I hv to go to church.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by mrZENographer: 4:38am On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:

Follow me to THE LORD'S CHOSEN CHARISMATIC REVIVAL MOVEMENT CHURCH and you will never get bored serving God but be revived. Lets connect. pm me.
Many churches today are a disappointment and are instrumental to making many people conclude that there is no God or arrive at ungodly conclusion to their own detriment. This is the literal work of the enemy of God, Satan and his numerous agent: humans and demons. To spoil churches and make its goers to become vain.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by menxer: 4:52am On Sep 11, 2016
I have come to understand that going to church has become a vice holding people captive. It is now an ego booster, a reason to look down on another person.

I have come to understand that the ego is the enemy one has to overcome to advance spiritually.

12 Likes

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by orisa37: 6:10am On Sep 11, 2016
You are always in a Church in yourself. So just be yourself always. A Temple is a Church and your body is one, so just be yourself always. Happy Sunday!!!!

7 Likes

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by dblackninja: 6:58am On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:

You are now waking up little by little cool
What's the essence of going to church as must when what you will get at last is your hard enough being ripped off without knowing, while getting nothing in return?

What's the essence of going to church "hoping" your problems will be solved, only for 3 good hours to be wasted by a man ministering & praying for hours upon hours, yet the result is being left off worse than before?

I mean what's the essence of going to church to pray to a God, hoping to receive answers, yet none has come, is coming, or will ever come.

Have we been deceived? Are they scamming us? #Food for thought.

All the same am not saying that going to church is all bad. It all depends on your reason.
If yours is going to receive a solution, you're in for a long thing...

If yours is like mine:
-I go to RCCG, winners, Glorious power assembly to watch the dancers & probably dance as well, enjoy the band & music & above all hear testimonies cheesy

-I go to the Catholic church if I feel like communing with the saints and singing high hymns with the choristers...lovely
And of course receive the fresh precious flesh of Jesus christ (not delicious though sad ).

-The kingdom hall of Jehovah Witnesses. I love this one above all I must confess. When ever I feel like re-visiting my mythologies & know how far I've gone with the bible , then that will be my right place to be that Sunday. I will go to meetings hoping to catch a new scapegoat for a wonderful, glorious debate smiley

-Other pentecostals are based on invitations.

Those are the reasons I go to church when I feel like, otherwise, I use it to tackle real issues & enjoy a good time cool

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Sermwell(m): 7:13am On Sep 11, 2016
Deepfreezer:
When you follow Christianity like a Religion you are bound to make mistakes
Christianity is living the life of Christ.

Op its normal joor your lifestyle is what makes u a Christian not a church goer.
Bro I can tell you authoritatively that I live a good life! I don't steal, I don't fornicate, I don't kill or cheat someone, I don't keep malice, I don't backbite etc....I just keep wondering what else do they want to tell me in church when other so called christains don't even have such qualities as I do grin I just give up

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Sermwell(m): 7:37am On Sep 11, 2016
classicB:

You're not alone bro
grin grin grin
Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by agwom(m): 7:39am On Sep 11, 2016
hmmm
Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Efewestern: 7:45am On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:

Bro I can tell you authoritatively that I live a good life! I don't steal, I don't fornicate, I don't kill or cheat someone, I don't keep malice, I don't backbite etc....I just keep wondering what else do they want to tell me in church when other so called christains don't even have such qualities as I do grin I just give up

Lolz.. Bitter truth.. happy Sunday.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Olalekanbanky1(m): 7:53am On Sep 11, 2016
When u pple prefer going to new generation churches where the true gospel of Jesus are not preached, when won't u feel Bored? Stop attending churches where the pastors preach like motivational speakers. Attend a church where the pastor will preach and make u feel like a rag b4 Jesus and d need for u to change back to Jesus.

If u attend churches dat preaches prosperity, with the current economic situation, u will feel bored by fire by force

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by ireneony(f): 7:59am On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:
normal dont fight it.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by frank317: 8:03am On Sep 11, 2016
mrZENographer:

Follow me to THE LORD'S CHOSEN CHARISMATIC REVIVAL MOVEMENT CHURCH and you will never get bored serving God but be revived. Lets connect. pm me.
Many churches today are a disappointment and are instrumental to making many people conclude that there is no God or arrive at ungodly conclusion to their own detriment. This is the literal work of the enemy of God, Satan and his numerous agent: humans and demons. To spoil churches and make its goers to become vain.

Lord's choose members are the most delusional of them all. I feel you are a very wicked person for inviting the OP there. Have you seen them on the streets? They look so wretched and forsaken, wearing that dirty unkempt vest like confused people. I see no difference with these people and beggers.
Have u seen them publicising their crusades. They hire dirty trucks with ancient looking bands and sing local songs, sharing poorly made fliers on the streets. Their Young girls look old and haggard, their men poorly dressed. I mean, what's it with them and that off coloured vest anyway. Whose idea is that!! Only that vest is a sign that they don't know Jesus.
And when they preach on buses... They always talk about sex like sex starved people.

Pls Op, don't go there... Those people need to get a life.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Uyi168: 8:05am On Sep 11, 2016
the last time i went to church was the last week of january.. op,u are far from being alone.. same old sermons.. same routines...

7 Likes

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Deepfreezer(m): 8:19am On Sep 11, 2016
Sermwell:

my brother that's the truth, the bible says train a child in the ways of the lords when he grew he will never depart from it. Its good to attend church service and fellowship with fellow Christians, but most people use that as a yardstick to measuring your christian faith, which is totally false.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Sermwell(m): 8:20am On Sep 11, 2016
frank317:

Lord's choose members are the most delusional of them all. I feel you are a very wicked person for inviting the OP there. Have you seen them on the streets? They look so wretched and forsaken, wearing that dirty unkempt vest like confused people. I see no difference with these people and beggers.
Have u seen them publicising their crusades. They hire dirty trucks with ancient looking bands and sing local songs, sharing poorly made fliers on the streets. Their Young girls look old and haggard, their men poorly dressed. I mean, what's it with them and that off coloured vest anyway. Whose idea is that!! Only that vest is a sign that they don't know Jesus.
And when they preach on buses... They always talk about sex like sex starved people.

LORDS CHOSEN is the last place I can never find myself even in my most delusional state! What you just typed here is very true about the church! My aunty and her family are chosen members, and I don't need to say what they have been going through! She sees me as a demon but I don't care!

15 Likes

Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by Sermwell(m): 8:23am On Sep 11, 2016
Deepfreezer:
my brother that's the truth, the bible says train a child in the ways of the lords when he grew he will never depart from it. Its good to attend church service and fellowship with fellow Christians, but most people use that as a yardstick to measuring your christian faith, which is totally false.
If you do what is right, is it still neccessary to go to church??
Re: I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? by hopefulLandlord: 8:30am On Sep 11, 2016
frank317:

come on bro

according to Lazarus Muoka, buying those overpriced reflective vests and wearing them would protect you from both physical and spiritual attacks
which seems legit when you realise that Lazarus Muoka uses bodyguards even in the church itself, what does he need those bodyguards for if the vests work as well as he says?

20 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Claims to Have Survived Without Food And Water For 70 Years! / Mountain Of Fire 70 Days Fasting And Prayer 2017 / Pastor Digs Up Charm In Anambra. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.