Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke (24455 Views)

Share Your Prayer Request, Nairaland Pastors Will Pray For You / Where Can I Get "Alone With God" By Bishop Francis Wale Oke / Encounter The God Of Signs & Wonders With Bishop Francis Wale Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by MAYOWAAK: 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2012
President of the Sword of the Spirit International Ministries and the national vice president of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, Bishop Francis Wale Oke, has condemned the attack on clerics who own private jets in the country, just as he stated that such stand was uncalled for and that more jets from clergy were coming.

The bishop stated this in a release made available to Tribune Church. “We are being criticised for buying jets! But they forgot that before we started to buy jets, we were winning souls in thousands and millions, turning men and women from darkness to light. We were transforming lives, giving them beauty for ashes. We were empowering people, equipping them with the revelation knowledge of God’s word that lifts men out of the pit of poverty, to the pinnacle of grace and dominion! We were empowering the poor, not only giving them fish to eat but also teaching them how to fish. We were building schools that were giving quality education to the people, empowering them mentally to become prominent (these include those throwing stones at us now!). We were building universities. We were transforming our society, and changing our nation, one soul at a time,” he said.

Oke wondered what Nigeria would have been if not for the efforts of Pentecostalism in the country. “They have seen a few jets. They ain’t seen nothing yet! More of us will yet buy and maintain our jets, because, by the mercy of God, we have been given the wisdom to do so. And we are willing to teach the nation, if they will listen to us, rather than throw stones.

“However, our critics should know that the jets mean nothing to us! They are just tools to do the work that God has given us in a more effective manner. Or how can an Adeboye who has churches in over 160 nations of the earth cope with his pastoral and apostolic responsibilities without some private jets! He does not need just one. He needs some!

“How can an Ayo Oritsejafor, who has to minister around the globe, pastor a very large congregation in Warri, and still attend to critical national matters in Abuja, if he has to keep waiting at the airports, in a system where nothing is predictable? Our critics should, please, note that more of us are following the trail of the like of Adeboye, whose wealth and affluence has never stopped him from being a true shepherd of the poor and downtrodden, in true humility, simplicity and godly sincerity, a shining example of true Pentecostalism and Charismatic wisdom,” he said.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/business-package/2012-10-29-11-36-27/taxation/item/755-expect-more-jets-wale-oke-lashes-out-at-critics

16 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Emusan(m): 8:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
Oya now oya.....Dancing Azonto

My own is on the way.
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by k2039: 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2012
Sounds to me like someone already had his jet bought, just trying to defend his purchase.

15 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2012
I'm so distressed by this statement. It appears that rewards are no longer in heaven but right here on earth. Enumerating your achievements for God as grounds for possessing extreme wealth is ridiculous as a religious leader. Can the branches of any Christian denomination be more than that of the Catholic Church world-wide or the anglican communion? Their leaders have no jets. Well with the use of logic, anything is justifiable.

18 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Goshen360(m): 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2012
Okay Bishop Wale Oke. I know I love you and have been blessed by your very own ministry when I schooled at Federal Polytechnic, Offa in Kwara state, Nigeria on one of your radio transmitted in Offa.

With due respect sir, I'll like to comment on this arrogant statement of yours perhaps you may be reading:

MAYOWAAK:

The bishop stated this in a release made available to Tribune Church. “We are being criticised for buying jets! But they forgot that before we started to buy jets, we were winning souls in thousands and millions, turning men and women from darkness to light. We were transforming lives, giving them beauty for ashes. We were empowering people, equipping them with the revelation knowledge of God’s word that lifts men out of the pit of poverty, to the pinnacle of grace and dominion! We were empowering the poor, not only giving them fish to eat but also teaching them how to fish. We were building schools that were giving quality education to the people, empowering them mentally to become prominent (these include those throwing stones at us now!). We were building universities. We were transforming our society, and changing our nation, one soul at a time,” he said.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/business-package/2012-10-29-11-36-27/taxation/item/755-expect-more-jets-wale-oke-lashes-out-at-critics

This is nothing but an arrogant statements. So it has become you guys (MoGs) who wins the soul and no longer the Holy Spirit? It has become you and your colleague who empowers the poor and yet many Nigerians are still living under $2/day? It is no longer God who work through you as a vessel Your statements are filled with self achievement and doesn't answer to scripture sir. Even the universities built, how many of the members in their economic state can afford the tuition aside the rich. You boast of transforming lives and yet, life itself is not in the abundance of what man owns but quality.

Jesus said, "I have glorified you on the earth: I have finished the work which you gave me to do", John 17:4 and Apostle Paul said same thing in 2 Timothy 4:7. When Jesus and the Apostle made such a bold statement, Jesus had not even died and yet he said, "he had finishED the work". What then is the finished work when he had not died? He had REPRODUCED himself in a generation of men that will work according the same work he had done. Today's MoG are busy expanding their empire, not the kingdom and REPRODUCING collection centers called "church branches" whereby they can accumulate more money to acquire their earthly possessions. How many of Adeboye's Pastor have their private jets How many of Ayo Oritsejafor's branch pastor have the their own jets Or are they not all called to preach the gospel

Again, nobody is envy of your private jet since we now know you are also beginning to covet after your own private jet hence you must come out to defend MoGs with private jets. The real critics is the means by which the private jets are acquired. When MoGs use all sort of gimmicks to milk the sheep in order to acquire wealth is the real issue sir.

72 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by dapo338(m): 9:27pm On Dec 12, 2012
Goshen360: Okay Bishop Wale Oke. I know I love you and have been blessed by your very own ministry when I schooled at Federal Polytechnic, Offa in Kwara state, Nigeria on one of your radio transmitted in Offa.

With due respect sir, I'll like to comment on this arrogant statement of yours perhaps you may be reading:

This is nothing but an arrogant statements. So it has become you guys (MoGs) who wins the soul and no longer the Holy Spirit? It has become you and your colleague who empowers the poor and yet many Nigerians are still living under $2/day? It is no longer God who work through you as a vessel Your statements are filled with self achievement and doesn't answer to scripture sir. Even the universities built, how many of the members in their economic state can afford the tuition aside the rich. You boast of transforming lives and yet, life itself is not in the abundance of what man owns but quality.

Jesus said, "I have glorified you on the earth: I have finished the work which you gave me to do", John 17:4 and Apostle Paul said same thing in 2 Timothy 4:7. When Jesus and the Apostle made such a bold statement, Jesus had not even died and yet he said, "he had finishED the work". What then is the finished work when he had not died? He had REPRODUCED himself in a generation of men that will work according the same work he had done. Today's MoG are busy expanding their empire, not the kingdom and REPRODUCING collection centers called "church branches" whereby they can accumulate more money to acquire their earthly possessions. How many of Adeboye's Pastor have their private jets How many of Ayo Oritsejafor's branch pastor have the their own jets Or are they not all called to preach the gospel

Again, nobody is envy of your private jet since we now know you are also beginning to covet after your own private jet hence you must come out to defend MoGs with private jets. The real critics is the means by which the private jets are acquired. When MoGs use all sort of gimmicks to milk the sheep in order to acquire wealth is the real issue sir.

well said bro, you are very right on point.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by fkaz(m): 9:39pm On Dec 12, 2012
I can now see those behind the rot in this nation, because despite all their investment in winning soul,building school,transforming lives,beauty for ashes, boa boa boa. It is now time 2 flex grin Δπϑ the country is still going worse,with all your prayer. BABA GOD U DEY HEAR YOUR PASTORS O.

5 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2012
Typical mindset of the average pentecostal minister.its all about money!! Money!! and nothing else.

The Roman catholic church to date is still more than 10,000 times richer than these 'mushroom' churches yet the ministers would rather devote their monies to charities and living humble lives as oppossed to these charlatans.

They keep mentioning about their churches in disapora,how many members do RCCG,LFC or even Oritsejafor churches have in dispora? I keep hearing about presence in 160 countries but do they have any dignificant presence in these countries?

St Paul the greatest missionary in history did not use private jets to succced neither did st Francis Xavier,st patrick,David Livingstone and other great missionary workers.

These men have converted far more souls in remote locations than these private jet pastors.How many countries have Oyedepo,Adeboye and Oritsejafor introduced christianity to? How many souls have they won outside nigeria with their private jets

14 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Akanniade(m): 7:49am On Dec 13, 2012
Me i think all this cravings for private jets is borne out of fear of plane crash. They av seen pastors are not immune to plane crashes and have to take 'palliative' grin measures.
Men of God are gradually becoming gods if men.

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by AtheistD(m): 8:27am On Dec 13, 2012
Akanniade: Me i think all this cravings for private jets is borne out of fear of plane crash. They av seen pastors are not immune to plane crashes and have to take 'palliative' grin measures.

If they are doing Gods work then surely God will protect them.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by OmoPastor(m): 9:38am On Dec 13, 2012
@ Goshen360

you sound to know so much about or should i say you, know better than the MOG and am wondering why you have not taken to doing what this man is doing now and am sure you will do better.

you are just like fans in a football match that shout at the players doing it on the field but yet could not make it into the feeder team of the club. you stay on the sideline and shouts, correct, criticize and even condemn players on the field.

if you know so much and can say so much, please be bold enough to hop onto the field and show us how to play the game.

nobody appointed you as MOGs critic, so stop talking start action.

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by plappville(f): 10:22am On Dec 13, 2012
chukwudi44: Typical mindset of the average pentecostal minister. its all about money!! Money!! and nothing else.

The Roman catholic church to date is still more than 10,000 times richer than these 'mushroom' churches yet the ministers would rather devote their monies to charities and living humble lives as oppossed to these charlatans.

They keep mentioning about their churches in disapora,how many members do RCCG,LFC or even Oritsejafor churches have in dispora? I keep hearing about presence in 160 countries but do they have any dignificant presence in these countries?

St Paul the greatest missionary in history did not use private jets to succced neither did st Francis Xavier,st patrick,David Livingstone and other great missionary workers.

These men have converted far more souls in remote locations than these private jet pastors .How many countries have Oyedepo,Adeboye and Oritsejafor introduced christianity to? How many souls have they won outside nigeria with their private jets

So so true talk. They do not need the *jets* before they could spread the gospel, there are even some typical villages in Nigeria that seeks to be fed with the word of God, this they ignore, their branches are mostly found in big cities, where tithers with good salaries lived of course. I think they need thier jet to fly to Judea mountain .... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by plappville(f): 10:30am On Dec 13, 2012
Akanniade: Me i think all this cravings for private jets is borne out of fear of plane crash. They av seen pastors are not immune to plane crashes and have to take 'palliative' grin measures.

So they should equally not enter car, becos the road accident is more frequent than the plan crash one.

Money too much, they need to spend it on flashing materials that holds no leg in Gods kingdom. Satan new strategic is making them to be competative...watch out in few years you will....see even none porpular pastors will own thier own private *jets*.

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by plappville(f): 10:37am On Dec 13, 2012
OmoPastor: @ Goshen360

you sound to know so much about or should i say you, know better than the MOG and am wondering why you have not taken to doing what this man is doing now and am sure you will do better.

you are just like fans in a football match that shout at the players doing it on the field but yet could not make it into the feeder team of the club. you stay on the sideline and shouts, correct, criticize and even condemn players on the field.

if you know so much and can say so much, please be bold enough to hop onto the field and show us how to play the game.

nobody appointed you as MOGs critic, so stop talking start action.

Please go and sleep, very annoying comment, what is criticizing here? *as usual, close your mouth and let the ♪♪♪ continue to play* not everyone can be decieved. You sound like of those exploiting the poor people of God with treatening words by using *tithe*.

Why should wealth, physical prosperity, materials be the center of todays gospel?

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by plappville(f): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2012
Goshen360: Okay Bishop Wale Oke. I know I love you and have been blessed by your very own ministry when I schooled at Federal Polytechnic, Offa in Kwara state, Nigeria on one of your radio transmitted in Offa.

You have spoken well!

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by OmoPastor(m): 11:28am On Dec 13, 2012
@ plappville

you talk with no understanding of what you say.

do you think God is a fool? if God has not called you to be a Pastor; a leader of His kids, but you decided to call yourself, then you are in hot soup.

As a man called by God, your life has been totally bought over by God and you no longer have authority over what you do, where you go or even what you say. seem a lot of talkers on this forum are so naive at the meaning of being called by God.

so if an MOG decides to acquire a jet without being told by God to do so, that dude has shot himself in the foot. so before you start castigating and mouth-murdering MOGs, please take some time to think about this.
if God told him to buy it, so be it and there is nothing any mortal like you can do about it undecided

if more jets are coming as instructed by the Master, then His will be done grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Delafruita(m): 11:55am On Dec 13, 2012

you went to fedpoffa?small world
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Vincent41(m): 12:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
MAYOWAAK: President of the Sword of the Spirit International Ministries and the national vice president of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, Bishop Francis Wale Oke, has condemned the attack on clerics who own private jets in the country, just as he stated that such stand was uncalled for and that more jets from clergy were coming.

Oke wondered what Nigeria would have been if not for the efforts of Pentecostalism in the country. “They have seen a few jets. They ain’t seen nothing yet! More of us will yet buy and maintain our jets, because, by the mercy of God, we have been given the wisdom to do so. And we are willing to teach the nation, if they will listen to us, rather than throw stones.

“However, our critics should know that the jets mean nothing to us! They are just tools to do the work that God has given us in a more effective manner. Or how can an Adeboye who has churches in over 160 nations of the earth cope with his pastoral and apostolic responsibilities without some private jets! He does not need just one. He needs some!

“How can an Ayo Oritsejafor, who has to minister around the globe, pastor a very large congregation in Warri, and still attend to critical national matters in Abuja, if he has to keep waiting at the airports, in a system where nothing is predictable? Our critics should, please, note that more of us are following the trail of the like of Adeboye, whose wealth and affluence has never stopped him from being a true shepherd of the poor and downtrodden, in true humility, simplicity and godly sincerity, a shining example of true Pentecostalism and Charismatic wisdom,” he said.

lol.....na jealousy ooooooooooo
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Kx: 12:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
na wa o!
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Akshow: 12:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
idokay. Anybody stupid enough to drop his money in this unprofitable business has no wan to blame but himself. Ni temi ni temi mi sesé si ni gbadun laye mi ni

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:00pm On Dec 13, 2012
1, We were building schools that were giving quality education to the people

All the school that was built were meant for business porposes,if i may ask how many of those schools is attended by children of ordinary Primary school teacher?

2, Empowering them mentally to become prominent (these include those throwing stones at us now!).

Like praying for GEJ and Obasanjo at a special session, all the civilian presidents we have had in Nigeria always go to Oyedepo and Adeboye for divine power.

3, We were building universities.

Laugh......Uni what? University that is meant for some government appointed servants.

4, We were transforming our society, and changing our nation, one soul at a time.

By building State of art Church.

I wonder if Jesus ever did all the above.

Now i realise why Jesus said JUDGEMENT WILL START FROM THE CHURCH OF GOD.

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by AjanleKoko: 1:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
chukwudi44:

Erm . . . the largest private reserve of gold in the world, about 60,350 metric tonnes, is owned by the Roman Catholic church. grin
Some charity, eh? undecided
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by alaoeri: 1:04pm On Dec 13, 2012
What else 'll u expect from a pentecostal pastor rather than this.
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by jude33084(m): 1:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
Oke wondered what Nigeria would have been if not for the efforts of Pentecostalism in the country.

He said they have transformed the society in to a peacful one like, yahoo guys, kidnapers, opio, assasins aŋԂ corrupt politicians cheesy cheesy cheesy undecided

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by jude33084(m): 1:06pm On Dec 13, 2012
Oke wondered what Nigeria would have been if not for the efforts of Pentecostalism in the country.

undecided He said they have transformed the society in to a peacful ones like, yahoo guys, kidnapers, opio, assasins aŋԂ corrupt politicians cheesy cheesy cheesy undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by vickyboiz: 1:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
Premiere: Vickyboiz - Ise Ti Yato

Download the music now

http://http://www./music/59/vicky-boiz---ise-ti-yato.html
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Mintayo(m): 1:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
[quote author=Goshen360]Okay Bishop Wale Oke. I know I love you and have been blessed by your very own ministry when I schooled at Federal Polytechnic, Offa in Kwara state, Nigeria on one of your radio transmitted in Offa.

Just my thought,this is so arrogant,saying' we'! He is not even referencing God,this is very bad,winning of souls is not the work of any pastor but the Holy Spirit! Has he forgotten what Is 61:1-2 says?

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by SisiKill1: 1:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
MAYOWAAK:

I didn't read past this so I don't know if he mentioned the countries all the lovely things he stated up there happened? We know for sure it is not Nigeria and for him to be talking about it so confidently then it must be true. . .somewhere else.

So names of the countries please (And nooo, imaginary made up countries inspired by the "holy Spirit" do not count)

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by tomakint: 1:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
True talk Pastor, dem never see anything!! The truth is, Pastors in this age have been blessed beyond the wildest imagination of any critics, more Private Jets will definitely flow, You never see anything cool

5 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by miteolu(m): 1:11pm On Dec 13, 2012
It's now ministerial target. O jigbi jigbi
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by TableLeg(m): 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
Another deluded and arrogant "man of God" who has lost the plot completely!

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by greaterlove(m): 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
The bishop asked where nigeria would have been without them? That noone can really answer.

MAYOWAAK:

Oke wondered what Nigeria would have been if not for the efforts of Pentecostalism in the country. “They have seen a few jets. They ain’t seen nothing yet.

Then he answered by telling us where we are with them.

MAYOWAAK: “ if he has to keep waiting at the airports, in a system where nothing is predictable.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Wonderful Yoruba Prayer. Type A Prayer In Your Dialect. / Man Claims to Have Survived Without Food And Water For 70 Years! / I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.