Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:41 AM

churches that collect "tithe" steal from innocent people!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / churches that collect "tithe" steal from innocent people!! (693 Views)

Churches That Can Lead You To Hell Fire / Churhes That Collect Tithes And First Fruits Are All Thieves / Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

churches that collect "tithe" steal from innocent people!! by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 13, 2012
ALL THE CHRISTIANS ON NAIRALAND COME OUT AND DEFEND YOUR CHURCHES, OR FOREVER REMAIN SILENT AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT YOU ARE IGNORANT AND STUPID AND YOUR MEN OF GOD ARE FAKE THIEVES!!!

Why do pastors lie and threaten gullible people that if they dont pay tithes they are "robbing god"? The verse most often cited in support of the tithe is
from the Old Testament, found in Malachi 3:8-10: 8. ""Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you
ask, `How do we rob you?' "In tithes and offerings.
9. You are under a curse--the whole nation of you--
because you are robbing me. 10. Bring the whole
tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in
my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the
floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing
that you will not have room enough for it. Many preachers shorten Malachi 3:8-10 to just "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse", and almost always with the inference that their church is
the "storehouse". For purposes of this paper concetrate on the passage: "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be
food in my house". From that passage, i research several questions: 1) What is the tithe? 2) What was the tithe for? 3) What is the storehouse? 1) What is the tithe? The tithe is 10% of the increase, established in Leviticus 27:30-33 as an offering Holy to the Lord. The scripture identifies the
tithe as grain and fruit, herd and flock. The tithe is
food! An example of the tithe can be seen in a
shepherd with a flock of 100 sheep who is blessed
with the birth of 50 lambs in the spring. Five of the
lambs must be offered to the Lord as a tithe. The tithe was brought to the temple in Jerusalem in
acknowledgement and appreciation of God’s
provision for His people. 2) What was the tithe for? God doesn’t need the food – God doesn’t eat. God doesn’t desire
sacrifices or offerings ( Psalm 40:6 and Hosea 6:6 ) – He desires mercy. God doesn’t need us to give
Him a 10th of everything – when He already owns
everything ( Psalm 24:1 and Job 41:11b ). The tithe was used to feed the Levite priests (and their
families) who were required to work in the temple
day and night ministering to God on behalf of God’s
people ( 1 Chronicles 9:33 ). Without the tithe, the Levite priests would have needed to raise their own
food, thereby taking them away from ministering
before God. Hence the reference in Malachi 3:10 "… that there may be food in my house". Nehemiah 13:10-13 records a time when the Levite priests were not receiving the tithe wherein they abandoned
their daily temple responsibilities to work the farms
to feed their families. The reference to ‘robbing God’
in Malachi 3:8 is in fact robbing God of ministry and worship by failing to take care of God’s priests
through the tithe of food items. Unlike the other
tribes of Israel who were given land as their
inheritance, the Levites were not given any land –
only a few cities in which to live. God was their
inheritance ( Numbers 18:20-21 ). Thus, the remaining tribes were obligated to provide the
Levites with food since they had no land on which to
grow their own. 3) What is the storehouse? 2 Chronicles 31 teaches that the storehouse is the Temple in
Jerusalem. When the tithe was re-instituted under
King Hezekiah, the king gave orders to prepare
storerooms in the temple to hold the tithe.
Apparently the grain "tithe" was heaped up in the
streets, which caused a traffic jam of sorts. King Hezekiah had the storehouse built to relieve a bad
case of urban congestion in ancient Jerusalem. Having established the original purpose of the tithe,
more questions. Q: "What happened to the temple (storehouse)?" A: It was destroyed in 70AD and has not been
rebuilt. Q: "Why?" A: The old covenant system of animal sacrifice to
atone for sin is finished. The new covenant is in the
blood of Christ who is the final and everlasting sin
sacrifice. Q: "Where is the temple now?" A: 1 Corinthians 6:19 says WE are the temple of the Holy Spirit. God no longer resides in a stone temple,
but in the hearts of his children through the Holy
Spirit. Q: "What happened to the Levite priests?" A: The Levite priesthood is no longer necessary as
the old covenant system of animal sacrifice in the
temple was superceded by the everlasting covenant
of Christ’s blood. Q: "Who is the priesthood now?" A: 1 Peter 2:5 and 9 says those who have received Jesus as Lord and Savior are the priesthood. STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY YOU ARE BEING ROBBED!!!
Re: churches that collect "tithe" steal from innocent people!! by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 13, 2012
soccerinfo9ja: ALL THE CHRISTIANS ON NAIRALAND COME OUT AND DEFEND YOUR CHURCHES, OR FOREVER REMAIN SILENT AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT YOU ARE IGNORANT AND STUPID AND YOUR MEN OF GOD ARE FAKE THIEVES!!!

Why do pastors lie and threaten gullible people that if they dont pay tithes they are "robbing god"? The verse most often cited in support of the tithe is
from the Old Testament, found in Malachi 3:8-10: 8. ""Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you
ask, `How do we rob you?' "In tithes and offerings.
9. You are under a curse--the whole nation of you--
because you are robbing me. 10. Bring the whole
tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in
my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the
floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing
that you will not have room enough for it. Many preachers shorten Malachi 3:8-10 to just "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse", and almost always with the inference that their church is
the "storehouse". For purposes of this paper concetrate on the passage: "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be
food in my house". From that passage, i research several questions: 1) What is the tithe? 2) What was the tithe for? 3) What is the storehouse? 1) What is the tithe? The tithe is 10% of the increase, established in Leviticus 27:30-33 as an offering Holy to the Lord. The scripture identifies the
tithe as grain and fruit, herd and flock. The tithe is
food! An example of the tithe can be seen in a
shepherd with a flock of 100 sheep who is blessed
with the birth of 50 lambs in the spring. Five of the
lambs must be offered to the Lord as a tithe. The tithe was brought to the temple in Jerusalem in
acknowledgement and appreciation of God’s
provision for His people. 2) What was the tithe for? God doesn’t need the food – God doesn’t eat. God doesn’t desire
sacrifices or offerings ( Psalm 40:6 and Hosea 6:6 ) – He desires mercy. God doesn’t need us to give
Him a 10th of everything – when He already owns
everything ( Psalm 24:1 and Job 41:11b ). The tithe was used to feed the Levite priests (and their
families) who were required to work in the temple
day and night ministering to God on behalf of God’s
people ( 1 Chronicles 9:33 ). Without the tithe, the Levite priests would have needed to raise their own
food, thereby taking them away from ministering
before God. Hence the reference in Malachi 3:10 "… that there may be food in my house". Nehemiah 13:10-13 records a time when the Levite priests were not receiving the tithe wherein they abandoned
their daily temple responsibilities to work the farms
to feed their families. The reference to ‘robbing God’
in Malachi 3:8 is in fact robbing God of ministry and worship by failing to take care of God’s priests
through the tithe of food items. Unlike the other
tribes of Israel who were given land as their
inheritance, the Levites were not given any land –
only a few cities in which to live. God was their
inheritance ( Numbers 18:20-21 ). Thus, the remaining tribes were obligated to provide the
Levites with food since they had no land on which to
grow their own. 3) What is the storehouse? 2 Chronicles 31 teaches that the storehouse is the Temple in
Jerusalem. When the tithe was re-instituted under
King Hezekiah, the king gave orders to prepare
storerooms in the temple to hold the tithe.
Apparently the grain "tithe" was heaped up in the
streets, which caused a traffic jam of sorts. King Hezekiah had the storehouse built to relieve a bad
case of urban congestion in ancient Jerusalem. Having established the original purpose of the tithe,
more questions. Q: "What happened to the temple (storehouse)?" A: It was destroyed in 70AD and has not been
rebuilt. Q: "Why?" A: The old covenant system of animal sacrifice to
atone for sin is finished. The new covenant is in the
blood of Christ who is the final and everlasting sin
sacrifice. Q: "Where is the temple now?" A: 1 Corinthians 6:19 says WE are the temple of the Holy Spirit. God no longer resides in a stone temple,
but in the hearts of his children through the Holy
Spirit. Q: "What happened to the Levite priests?" A: The Levite priesthood is no longer necessary as
the old covenant system of animal sacrifice in the
temple was superceded by the everlasting covenant
of Christ’s blood. Q: "Who is the priesthood now?" A: 1 Peter 2:5 and 9 says those who have received Jesus as Lord and Savior are the priesthood. STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY YOU ARE BEING ROBBED!!!
be careful with making reckless utterances
Re: churches that collect "tithe" steal from innocent people!! by OmoPastor(m): 10:09am On Dec 13, 2012
@ OP

ok, thank you for wasting this space grin

(1) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye’s Predictions For 2013 / Born Again Criminal / Social Media And Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.