Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? (9492 Views)

What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) / Your Mother-in-law Or Your Mother: Who Stays After Your Wife Delivers? / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 13, 2012
i have noticed a lot of mother in law complaint threads so i decided to start this thread to appreciate the mother-in-laws that are not monster in laws grin We know they are not perfect but definitely they would have also done some nice things for you and your spouse or their loving characters you just want to appreciate.

This is also to show single girls out there that there are stil some very nice mother in laws

So lets hear it! you can also suggest an appropriate topic for this thread.

Disclaimer..pls do not expect because someones mother in law does some things means yours should also do it. Everybody is different and shows love in different ways.
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by k2039: 10:48am On Dec 13, 2012
Everything, she is the best.

By Faith though
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 13, 2012
I hope this thread is not just for wives, but also for husbands. Cos it's not only Men that have mothers . . . cool
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 13, 2012
ohk so let me start with myself wink
My mother in law is one of the nicest elderly person i have come across

When i serve my mother in law's food, she always asks 'what about you? are you not going to eat?' if i say 'No im nt ready' she would say 'ohk i would wait for you,i want us to eat together'grin

If she comes visiting, when she returns home, she always calls me to thank me for accommodating her. i would tel her'but mummy this is your house na' she wld say 'no im a visitor,its your house'

My mother in law's stew is supberb! when she comes around she's always willing to make enough stew for us to eat. [s]not like i would let her leave without making that her delicious stew though[/s] grin

She calls me almost every 1st day of the month to wish me happy new month!

She gists with me alot sometimes it can be tiring i was even the one who gave my hubby his birth story! grin cheesy

Most importantly, she gave birth to my darling hubby!

These are just a few that readily come to me...lets hear yours!

25 Likes

Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 13, 2012
Ujujoan: I hope this thread is not just for wives, but also for husbands. Cos it's not only Men that have mothers . . . cool

No Uju....its open to both the wives and husbands wink
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 13, 2012
Ms.JuanMata:

No Uju....its open to both the wives and husbands wink

Good! Cos I was beginning to think only men have mothers . . . . cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 13, 2012
Ms Juan..... do you have something to say? I'm waiting cool
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by zayhal(f): 11:01am On Dec 13, 2012
I love everything about mine. She treats me the same way she treats her children. I don't even remember I'm her DIL when with her. I see in her, a woman who has done a lot to bring up very good children, and yet sits back to let her children (and their spouses) live their lives. She's a rare gem.

And before you ask, oh yes, she has lived with us and all the time she spent with us was bliss!

My mum is also a great MIL to her DIL. They relate so well and gist like old friends. My SILs often joke with me that they've taken my mum from me and I tell them I also have another mummy!

It's not as if we do not have cause to disagree, but we handle one another with respect and don't do everything with the 'in-law' stereotype in mind.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 13, 2012
Ujujoan: I hope this thread is not just for wives, but also for husbands. Cos it's not only Men that have mothers . . . cool
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ms.JuanMata:

When i serve my mother in law's food, she always asks 'what about you? are you not going to eat?' if i say 'No im nt ready' she would say 'ohk i would wait for you,i want us to eat together'grin

If she comes visiting, when she returns home, she always calls me to thank me for accommodating her. i would tel her'but mummy this is your house na' she wld say 'no im a visitor,its your house'

My mother in law's stew is supberb! when she comes around she's always willing to make enough stew for us to eat. [s]not like i would let her leave without making that her delicious stew though[/s] grin

She gists with me alot sometimes it can be tiring i was even the one who gave my hubby his birth story! grin cheesy

Great post. I really dont know why some people think being a mother in law is a competition of how nasty you can get and how much crap you can feed another persons child?
Mine is great, I have had 2 and they were both wonderful, Have a loving relationship with them. I love it when Mama CJ comes to visit, Husband is at his best behavior, no throwing clothes around, diligently doing laundry, no chewing loudly, no belching and laughing at my angry face, no pouring water on the bathroom floor. Even my Son knows Daddy fears Grand Ma and so compiles a list of daddys offences and reports to Grand ma when she comes.
I Love her for raising such a strong balanced man.
I love her for not making him a spoilt mini husband who will disrespect his wife
i love her for not taking sides blindly because he is her son
I love her because she will always be there to speak with me, jolt me and scold me when she feels I need to get out of pity mood and toughen up
I love her and her family because they are real, no pretence, no backbitting and gossip, everything is out in the open. You say something better be ready to say it in front of everyone.
I love her because she taught me to toughen up and stop crying at the slightest offense.
I love her for Loving me
I love her for the patience and time she takes to answer my questions
I love her because she is no nonesense
I love her because she is reliable and I can always count on her
I love her because she is a practical Christian not one who thinks Christianity means standing and judging
As much as I beg her to stay longer she never stays more than 2 weeks and she says "baby S, this is the golden unwritten rule, thankflly you have boys, never go and stay more than 2 weeks in their homes, na there trouble dey start oh"
We get to gist, talk and hang out

12 Likes

Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2012
jidegirl12: Ms Juan..... do you have something to say? I'm waiting cool

Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 13, 2012
Ms.JuanMata:

Now don't start feigning ..... still waiting cool
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Metalgoong(m): 11:28am On Dec 13, 2012
Ms.JuanMata:

Praise God! . . . Oluwa has done it again!
Ms.Juanmata,I am very proud of you right now grin grin grin
Being a good wife pays, and i want you to keep it up. You go girl! grin
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 13, 2012
Metalgoong:

Praise God! . . . Oluwa has done it again!
Ms.Juanmata,I am very proud of you right now grin grin grin
Being a good wife pays, and i want you to keep it up. You go girl! grin

Hahahaha! Metalgoong you're a clown! I've been expecting you! We tank Oluwa o. Kedu?
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2012
Ms.JuanMata:

Hahahaha! Metalgoong you're a clown! I've been expecting you! We tank Oluwa o. Kedu?

So you fit truce with Metal and you still clueless bout you're supposed to say to me? Still waiting... cool
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:45am On Dec 13, 2012
jidegirl12:

So you fit truce with Metal and you still clueless bout you're supposed to say to me? Still waiting... cool

Did I just detect a bit of jealousy in your statement? cheesy smiley grin cool
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 13, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

Did I just detect a bit of jealousy in your statement? cheesy smiley grin :8

Yes o! I have green eyes sometimes too grin grin grin she need to say something to me cos I didn't deserve her insults in that other thread... thank Goodness Metal came in like my Knight to floss from her shark teeth.
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Metalgoong(m): 12:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
Ms.JuanMata:

Oma-obi-di-ya udo gba koi koi ! grin grin

I only want peace in the homes of every married couple, including you. grin grin
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 13, 2012
jidegirl12:

Yes o! I have green eyes sometimes too grin grin grin she need to say something to me cos I didn't deserve her insults in that other thread... thank Goodness Metal came in like my Knight to floss from her shark teeth.

undecided
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
Reading the above comments about MILs is inspiring, refreshing and exciting. To all the women blessed with wonderful, sweet, caring, no nonsense, strong, resolute and God fearing MILs, thou are blessed also. Please continue to take care of time; such women are priceless!

For me, the best allay one can have apart from one's mother is mother in law. These women will do anything to protect their children and their spouses' marriages. Any member of the family who might want to cause marital trouble for their children will have them to contend with first.

I tap into this grace of also one day sharing such wonderful stories about my MIL as my mom often does about her MIL(my paternal grandmom).

Though not schooled but she was just too good to my mom and never interfered in my parents' marriage when she stayed with us during her years.

My mom told me that when she bought things and told Mama to come see it, Mama would say "I'm coming". For where? Mama won't move an inch from where she was. When Mama keep doing this, my mom didn't bother her with such request again.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2012
Metalgoong:

Oma-obi-di-ya udo gba koi koi ! grin grin

I only want peace in the homes of every married couple, including you. grin grin

hehehe! daluu! so you can be a good boy like dis ehn? grin
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
Ms.JuanMata:

undecided

That's what I thought... I'm not giving up until you say something but I've to get ready for work now , tats!
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 13, 2012
@ Zayhal, Debrief and Ferhyntorlah thanks for sharing. its so nice to see that nice mother in laws are still out there.

Debrief you are blessed to have had 2 nice mother in laws, im sure you are also a nice person.
My mum in law is also a very strong christain, inshort she is a prayer warrior. i call her sometimes to join me in praying for things. God bless that woman.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
jidegirl12:

That's what I thought... I'm not giving up until you say something but I've to get ready for work now , tats!

I believe you also have a nice mother in law, so do you mind sharing things about her you love? wink
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
/

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
Ms.JuanMata:
@ Zayhal, Debrief and Ferhyntorlah thanks for sharing. its so nice to see that nice mother in laws are still out there.

Debrief you are blessed to have had 2 nice mother in laws, im sure you are also a nice person.
My mum in law is also a very strong christain, inshort she is a prayer warrior. i call her sometimes to join me in praying for things. God bless that woman.
[quote author=Ms.JuanMata]
Mine is too oh, but before she prays she will ask you how far you have gone on the issue that it is not everything you disturb God about, she will say Prayer without works na "Gawa" (Dead body)
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 13, 2012
Ms.JuanMata:

are u kidding me? So there are still some mother inlaws like these?thank God for this thread o.d way every woman usually creates threads about mother in law issues,i thought 99.9 % of mother inlaws are terrible beasts.u are one hell of a lucky woman,i pray i have a mother inlaw like this in jesus name o.lolz,this is really encouraging.for d 1st time,i can see on nairaland about a woman saying positive stuffs about her mother inlaw.hmnnn wink aint u lucky
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
can we also post bad things cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
Ms.JuanMata:

I have really been lucky with In laws made me for a while not to understand the plight of women with no so nice in laws till I ran into my friends mother in law.
Infact my Ex husbands brother before he was transfered out had a flask in my house, we cook stew and soups for him every weekend, he picks them up and uses during the week.
Sometimes when I make snacks I send them to him in the office, His colleagues would get very jealous and call for their own share, they wouldnt believe that we are not still In laws. His sister before she left for her Masters was my shopping partner, Love them dearly, When he is dating someone he will bring her to the house first for inspection before it gets serious. I live my In Laws as if they were my siblings. My Exes brother and I always had a special friendship, when they were younger, being the youngest I would always be a little partial to him and give him more meat whenever their mom was ill. And when the beatings started he came to the house once and defended me, almost fought his brother, I had to beg him to back down.
He took the divorce very hard but was happy I got out, He is like a baby Brother I didnt have. He spoils my kids silly, when he was here he would take my son shopping, bought him a toy car worth almost 60k even though my son was too young to drive it then.
My Husband calls him my pet, lol because in my eyes he can do no wrong grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 13, 2012
chaircover: Sadly my MIL is late but when alive, I knew her to be a good solid woman and I still have her geles in my wardrobe LOL

My hubby is the baby-baby of the family . . . so my SIL’s are much much older. One thing they taught me was that it is never too early to pray for ones own daughters. That when it is time for them to get married to marry not just a good man but into a good family. . . . I am truly blessed.

My SIL is my mentor and I have learnt so much about marriage and childcare from her. She is Spirit filled and has written & published books on prayer as well as writing loads of magazine articles on marriage and family. . . I know that its one thing to be able to quote Bible and its another to actually live a Spirit filled life and this woman does just that.

In times of trouble and when I am confused, she is the first person I turn to. 2 weeks ago I had some challenges in my biz and I called her and typical of her she will let you talk and talk and let off steam which I did and she just told me one sentence. Go and Read Ecc 3 and call me back. By the time I read Ecc 3, I didn’t bother calling her back because I already had the answer to my problem. The next day she called me and started laughing at me and she prayed with me over the phone and the challenge has been put to bed.

Every time we meet up, we jist and jist but in that jisting there are so many lessons in there. She is a very wise woman and has seen life in the real sense of it. She is happily married herself and all her kids are doing extremely well in their own married lives. She is a blessing and I won’t swap her for any other.

She was the one that taught me how to tie all those skyscraper geles and my gold collection is mostly thanks to her . . . .The only thing that pains me and pains me is that we don’t wear the same size clothes and shoes or I will just be shopping in her wardrobe grin

She does has her moments . . .who doesn’t?? and sometimes she tells me things that I don’t really want to hear, especially sometimes when she tells me that I am too hard on the kids,(a crime most grandparents are guilty of LOL) but I look at her motive and I know that she means well, besides her kids turned out well so I trust her judgement on the things that she herself has excelled in. I know that I am one of the lucky ones and I pray that my own daughter too will meet a MIL/SIL like her.

Mr CC in the meantime is as jealous as anything . . . but we no look his side ooooo! . . we tell him to go and find his own sister and that envy is a sin grin

wow,very inspiring,am jealous o.lolllzzzzz,its so good to know there are women out there whose sister inlaws are actually more of sisters and friends.this is soo soo beautiful,ill want to experience this too when am married o.lol,really this has changed my perception about inlaws,because i used to think of how i will put up walls and defences because i had the idea that all mother and sister inlaws are demons and will only pretend during courtship and after marrying their son,they will reveal their true charater. U guys really make marriage look beautiful and blissful and to think i use to dread marriage and men who have plenty sisters is really beating me.am really very encouraged. :* may God give me a mother for a mother inlaw and sisters for sister inlaws
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 13, 2012
Ms.JuanMata:

I believe you also have a nice mother in law, so do you mind sharing things about her you love? wink

As soon as you say what I need from you.... waiting clears throat
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
zayhal: I love everything about mine. She treats me the same way she treats her children. I don't even remember I'm her DIL when with her. I see in her, a woman who has done a lot to bring up very good children, and yet sits back to let her children (and their spouses) live their lives. She's a rare gem.

And before you ask, oh yes, she has lived with us and all the time she spent with us was bliss!

My mum is also a great MIL to her DIL. They relate so well and gist like old friends. My SILs often joke with me that they've taken my mum from me and I tell them I also have another mummy!

It's not as if we do not have cause to disagree, but we handle one another with respect and don't do everything with the 'in-law' stereotype in mind.
awwwww
Re: What Do You Love About Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
k2039: Everything, she is the best.

They said mother in law! Not your mother! Since when you had one?

At post, she is very nice but talks too much! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? / You Are Superior To Her / A Touching Story Of True Love And Genuine Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.