Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,137 members, 7,867,289 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:30 PM

FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn (658 Views)

Governors In Abuja To Persuade Buhari To Share Excess Crude Funds / Auditor General Queries N2.3rr Excess Crude Account Deductions- Nations Newspape / $30 Billion Not Missing From Excess Crude Accounts – Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
The Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) on Wednesday lodged N161.59 billion to the Excess Crude Account (ECA), bringing the new balance to 9.66 billion dollars.

The Accountant-General of the Federation, Mr Jonah Otunla made this known to reporters at the end of the technical sub-meeting of the FAAC for the month of November.

“I think we have fared very well in the Excess Crude Account, we targeted 10 billion dollars at the end of the year and I am happy to tell you that we have 9.66 billion dollars in the account.

“On percentage basis, that is about 97 per cent of our aspiration for the year,'' he said.

The accountant-general also commented on the recent demand by the 36 state governors for the withdrawal of one billion dollars from the oil savings account.

He said that the federal and state governments would be guided by the “principle of consensus'' to resolve the matter.

“I am sure that when they table this request before Mr President, as usual a consensus will be reached,'' he said.

Earlier, Otunla had told reporters that the country's mineral and non-mineral dropped to N569.46 billion in November compared with N640.76 billion realised the previous month.

A breakdown of the figures showed that a total sum of N483.2 billion was generated as revenue from mineral resources, while N86.2 billion was derived from the non-mineral sector

He attributed the drop to several disruptions in crude oil production and lifting operation in the Niger Delta.

He noted that during the period a Force Majeure was declared by Exxon Mobil.

Otunla said that leakage and fire outbreaks at Trans Niger, crude oil theft and maintenance work at oil terminals at Qua Iboe, Brass and Forcadoes also affected crude oil production.

Meanwhile, a total of N572.89 billion was distributed among the three tiers of government from the federation account for the month of November.

“The total distributable revenue for the month is N407.86 for statutory revenue; Value Added Tax (VAT) is N62.72 billion
. NAN

Source: http://odili.net/news/source/2012/dec/13/342.html
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by taharqa: 11:40pm On Dec 13, 2012
GOOD....this would imply that the Foreign Reserves would have increased to between $48-$49billion!

The Govt kind of met the target of raising the Foreign Reserves to $50billion and the Excess Crude Fund to $10billion from abut $32billion and a little above $4billion at the beginning of the year. The FISCAL Disciple of NOI and Co is obviously working....

1 Like

Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by Demdem(m): 11:47pm On Dec 13, 2012
Good to see it coming up again having squandered what was initially there before/during 2011 elections. grin
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by karlmax2: 12:52am On Dec 14, 2012
Demdem: Good to see it coming up again having squandered what was initially there before/during 2011 elections. grin
shut up thEir foolish AC.N brainwashed goon ur fashola and other AC.N 419 governors shared the ECA during the period your retardeen brain just quoted. just as they are demanding for 1 billion from this same increased ECA act here is a link I knw u won't read it http://mobile.businessweek.com/news/2012-12-12/nigerian-governors-demand-1-billion-from-excess-crude-account

but can u give a proof that GEJ used ECA money for election? Just like ur sorry ass ask when it concern ur theif of boudillon and ur mediocre ac.n governors that u hype on nairaland.I can give the amount that ur state governor collected from the eca the year u quoted retard.that's the beauty of the FOI bill that the man u hate so much signed into law.do u even knw ur local goverment chairman ? I guess u don't but u have hard on!on any thing gej.u would soon die of heart attack simpleton

3 Likes

Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 14, 2012
karl max: shut up thEir foolish AC.N brainwashed goon ur fashola and other AC.N 419 governors shared the ECA during the period your retardeen brain just quoted. just as they are demanding for 1 billion from this same increased ECA act here is a link I knw u won't read it http://mobile.businessweek.com/news/2012-12-12/nigerian-governors-demand-1-billion-from-excess-crude-account

but can u give a proof that GEJ used ECA money for election? Just like ur sorry ass ask when it concern ur theif of boudillon and ur mediocre ac.n governors that u hype on nairaland.I can give the amount that ur state governor collected from the eca the year u quoted retard.that's the beauty of the FOI bill that the man u hate so much signed into law.do u even knw ur local goverment chairman ? I guess u don't but u have hard on!on any thing gej.u would soon die of heart attack simpleton

You lack comprehension of economics! It doesnt make economic sense to save money when unemployment is at an all time high!
It doesn't make any sense that NOI is opening more foreign accounts for Nigeria abroad when we need money in NIGERIA!!!!

Now, look at unemployment rate and tell me it isn't better for us to trade off the ECA and our other accounts stoopid NOI opened in order to invest them in the people?

You lack basic economics or economical judgements. And how does all state governors asking for money equall just Fashiola? Olodo PDP spam bot!

The ECA could have been invested in Nigeria and would have created employment instead of saving to add to the assets of JP MORGAN (Nigeria has an account with JP MORGAN where a percentage of our oil revenue goes). In economics there is something called efficiency in the allocation of resources. In this case, the ECA and other accounts opened by NOI are resources. Now how is it efficient to have money sit in different accounts overseas? Tell me how allocating money to do nothing efficient? You don't know economics bra!! You are just another NOI butt licker
Useless dunce!
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by karlmax2: 1:53am On Dec 14, 2012
0lumide:

You lack comprehension of economics! It doesnt make economic sense to save money when unemployment is at an all time high!
It doesn't make any sense that NOI is opening more foreign accounts for Nigeria abroad when we need money in NIGERIA!!!!

Now, look at unemployment rate and tell me it isn't better for us to trade off the ECA and our other accounts stoopid NOI opened in order to invest them in the people?

You lack basic economics or economical judgements. And how does all state governors asking for money equall just Fashiola? Olodo PDP spam bot!

The ECA could have been invested in Nigeria and would have created employment instead of saving to add to the assets of JP MORGAN (Nigeria has an account with JP MORGAN where a percentage of our oil revenue goes). In economics there is something called efficiency in the allocation of resources. In this case, the ECA and other accounts opened by NOI are resources. Now how is it efficient to have money sit in different accounts overseas? Tell me how allocating money to do nothing efficient? You don't know economics bra!! You are just another NOI butt licker
Useless dunce!
it doesn't make sense then why do ur like and that retardinho claim GEJ used the ECA for his election when u knw that the FG and the governors always share the money in this account? Moreover how many employments has the state governors created with these monies they have collected so far from this ECA account? Use ur state govenment as a case study.tell us how much he has collected since 2011 till date(that is if u knw cos am sure u don't cos ur brainwashed prove me wrong and tell us).and how many Jobs they've created and how they've affected ur state with that fund they've collected so far?.if u can't tell us then park well like ur mates
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by Demdem(m): 1:53am On Dec 14, 2012
karl max: shut up thEir foolish AC.N brainwashed goon ur fashola and other AC.N 419 governors shared the ECA during the period your retardeen brain just quoted. just as they are demanding for 1 billion from this same increased ECA act here is a link I knw u won't read it http://mobile.businessweek.com/news/2012-12-12/nigerian-governors-demand-1-billion-from-excess-crude-account

Fool, firstly Bleep ACN, dont give a damn about them the same way u savour the killer party

That governors shared part of the funds its a fact and its also a fact that a sizeable amount was also spent on subsidy payments in which a huge sum as diverted to the elections. Companies like SPG owned by the aviation minister which as indicted simply directed a huge chunk of that money to Neighbour to neighbour campaign which she heads.

U are just barking unnecessary like a mad dog. The truth still remains like i stated earlier that the sum was quite much before the retardeen squandered it (either by the govs or subsidy) and now its rising again. Deal with that fool grin.
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by karlmax2: 1:57am On Dec 14, 2012
Demdem:

Fool, firstly Bleep ACN, dont give a damn about them the same way u savour the killer party

That governors shared part of the funds its a fact and its also a fact that a sizeable amount was also spent on subsidy payments in which a huge sum as diverted to the elections. Companies like SPG owned by the aviation minister which as indicted simply directed a huge chunk of that money to Neighbour to neighbour campaign which she heads.

U are just barking unnecessary like a mad dog. The truth still remains like i stated earlier that the sum was quite much before the retardeen squandered it (either by the govs or subsidy) and now its rising again. Deal with that.
always beating around the bush retardinho bring proof that it was also used for subsidy slowpork?
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by karlmax2: 2:03am On Dec 14, 2012
Demdem:

U are just barking unnecessary like a mad dog. The truth still remains like i stated earlier that the sum was quite much before the retardeen squandered it (either by the govs or subsidy) and now its rising again. Deal with that fool grin.
u and ur beer palour gist they used ECA for neibour 2 neibour is that what ur masters told u? Stop spending much of ur time in beer palours and ashawo joint where u get all this gist from.where is ur proof that the the ECA was used for neibour to neibour campaign and subsidy if u don't publish it the the name retardinho surely sticks slowpoke!
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by Demdem(m): 2:09am On Dec 14, 2012
karl max: always beating around the bush retardinho bring proof that it was also used for subsidy slowpork?

Fool, proof ko, crook ni grin grin u think all are dumb the way u are.
That the amount spent on subsidy exceeded the amount budgeted for it was a fact (fuckkk u if u ask for proof for this grin)
so where did the money to augment the balance come from? probably from VAT or u fool gave the govt. grin

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5743219-146/nnpc_pppra_exceed_fuel_subsidy_budget.csp
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/n1-76trn-was-paid-as-subsidy-for-2011-cbn/
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/3574-2011-subsidy-exceeds-n2-trillion.html
http://saharareporters.com/article/questions-president-was-2011-subsidy-funds-used-finance-april-elections
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by Demdem(m): 2:15am On Dec 14, 2012
karl max: u and ur beer palour gist they used ECA for neibour 2 neibour is that what ur masters told u? Stop spending much of ur time in beer palours and ashawo joint where u get all this gist from.where is ur proof that the the ECA was used for neibour to neibour campaign and subsidy if u don't publish it the the name retardinho surely sticks slowpoke!

Fool, goons like u simply cant connect the dots grin
Neighbour to neighbour campaigned rigourously for the retardeen
Neighbour to neighbour was co-headed and financed by aviation minister
Aviation minister has SPG, an oil and gas company
SPG was indicted as one of the companies that took subsidy money and never delivered as expected.
Still, the minister is still in govt still in the good books of the retardeen since the elections.

Am sure u still cant decode anything. u are simply dumb. asking me for evidence is like asking me for evidence that IBB stole when he was head of states grin grin u will wait tire grin grin
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by karlmax2: 2:21am On Dec 14, 2012
Demdem:

Fool, proof ko, crook ni grin grin u think all is dumb the way u are.
That the amount spent on subsidy exceeded the amount budgeted for it was a fact (Bleep u if u ask for proof for this grin)
so where did the money to augment the balance come from? probably from VAT or u fool gave the govt. grin

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5743219-146/nnpc_pppra_exceed_fuel_subsidy_budget.csp
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/n1-76trn-was-paid-as-subsidy-for-2011-cbn/
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/3574-2011-subsidy-exceeds-n2-trillion.html
LWKMD retardinho is that ur proof that ECA was used u be really okpa.my friend go play alone with ur fellow slowpokes search the net for what u and ur fellow hypocrites. Can use againt is govenment! While ur at it search for what is refered as PROOF that the ECA was used for as ur beer parlour gist puts neibour to neibour and subsidy buzu! and stop beating around the bush.
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by Demdem(m): 2:24am On Dec 14, 2012
karl max: LWKMD retardinho is that ur proof that ECA was used u be really okpa.my friend go play alone with ur fellow slowpokes search the net for what u and ur fellow hypocrites. Can use againt is govenment! While ur at it search for what is refered as PROOF that the ECA was used for as ur beer parlour gist puts neibour to neibour and subsidy buzu! and stop beating around the bush.

Demdem:

grin grin
Fool, proof ko, crook ni grin grin u think all are dumb the way u are.

I wonder why goons like u have refused to put ur brain to work. so once its not written, its false undecided u are lost fool grin
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by Nobody: 2:27am On Dec 14, 2012
karl max: it doesn't make sense then why do ur like and that retardinho claim GEJ used the ECA for his election when u knw that the FG and the governors always share the money in this account? Moreover how many employments has the state governors created with these monies they have collected so far from this ECA account? Use ur state govenment as a case study.tell us how much he has collected since 2011 till date(that is if u knw cos am sure u don't cos ur brainwashed prove me wrong and tell us).and how many Jobs they've created and how they've affected ur state with that fund they've collected so far?.if u can't tell us then park well like ur mates

You see how dumb you are? Isn't the FG supposed to be the one investing the money? Oh wait! hahahah the FG is under the most corrput and inept administration in the history of Nigeria!!

The article you posted said state governments collectively want 1b dollars from the ECA. Is EFCC under state govt control? Isn't the FG suppose to probe what the money is been used for by the state government?

You see how flawed, inept, and stoopid you are making yourself sound? I can't debate with your type. How you went from my judgement on economic policies to politics really bafles me. I was expecting you to defend the FG's economic policy from an economic stand not from a political stand point. Olodo oshi!
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 14, 2012
The real question we should be asking is this: If Naija has over $9 billion in the ECA, why the HELL are the GEJ administration and some state govts taking foreign loans?
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by taharqa: 3:20am On Dec 14, 2012
CFCfan: The real question we should be asking is this: If Naija has over $9 billion in the ECA, why the HELL are the GEJ administration and some state govts taking foreign loans?
Maybe for d same reasons why d US has d largest or 2nd largest Foreign Reserves in d world in trillions of dollars, yet has d largest Debt profile in d world dat is many times bigger than its Reserves and still borrowing. Ditto many oda countries in d world. It is also perhaps why companies wud go aborrowing if d conditions are right (long term debts at low interest rates and no precondition) even though they hv savings..... Let just say dis: in Economics, Savings is more than just putting aside sm money for a special project Or for d 'rainy' day as they said; Savings is also about oda economic/financial consideratn eg Credit worthiness, esp of country
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by taharqa: 3:21am On Dec 14, 2012
CFCfan: The real question we should be asking is this: If Naija has over $9 billion in the ECA, why the HELL are the GEJ administration and some state govts taking foreign loans?
Maybe for d same reasons why d US has d largest or 2nd largest Foreign Reserves in d world in trillions of dollars, yet has d largest Debt profile in d world dat is many times bigger than its Reserves and still borrowing. Ditto many oda countries in d world. It is also perhaps why companies wud go aborrowing if d conditions are right (long term debts at low interest rates and no precondition) even though they hv savings..... Let just say dis: in Economics, Savings is more than just putting aside sm money for a special project Or for d 'rainy' day as they said; Savings is also about oda economic/financial consideratn eg Credit worthiness, esp of country....
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by iykak47: 3:43am On Dec 14, 2012
0lumide:

Useless dunce!
But China has over three trillion dollars in foreign reserve while millions of the citizens are unemployed. undecided
0lumide:

Useless dunce!
But China has over three trillion dollars in foreign reserve while millions of the citizens are unemployed.
Re: FAAC: Excess Crude Accounts Hits $9.6bn by karlmax2: 9:39am On Dec 14, 2012
iykak47: But China has over three trillion dollars in foreign reserve while millions of the citizens are unemployed. undecided But China has over three trillion dollars in foreign reserve while millions of the citizens are unemployed.
iykak47: But China has over three trillion dollars in foreign reserve while millions of the citizens are unemployed. undecided But China has over three trillion dollars in foreign reserve while millions of the citizens are unemployed.
don't mind the daunce he wants the FG his share the money to his theiving leaders. So that they can celebrate owambe with it then he would turn around and claim GEJ deplited the ECA.dats why I didn't bother replying him cos I asked him a simple question.how much his state governor has collect from the ECA and how they created employment using his state as a case study.like other of his uninformed critics on nairaland he has been causing and beating around the bush which is what his likes are known for on this forum illitrate claiming economic guru nothing wey we no read and hear for nairaland.don't waste ur time on him is one of those brainwashed AC.N hypocrites

(1) (Reply)

PDP Crisis Deepens As Bamanga Tukur Is Disgraced / Buhari: Nigeria Will Break In 2015 If… / Enugu: Opposition Leaders Call For 7-day Prayer For Chime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.