Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo (21365 Views)

Why V8 Engines Are Better Than V6 Engines / Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down / Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo by ba7man(m): 9:51am On Dec 15, 2012
dmitroika:

i don't see how you're making sense sir, people are applauding the fact that they have the skills to build car engines and not because they are imitating or something, moreover, what does your almighty -economic -giant china do? imitation. And peeps like you do praise china i beleive.
lesson to be learnt: learn to appreciate what you have else you would never have what you don't.
When you have the skill to assemble an engine, its great but when you pass it off as what its not, its wrong. When you have computer knowledge, its great but when you use it to hack and scam,not great. When you have the ability to convince people, great but when you use it to scam people, not great. I don't know what other way i can break it down.
Re: How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo by babestella: 12:42pm On Dec 15, 2012
tampa1871: These guys ingenuity is highly commendable, my only problem with them is FULL DISCLOSURE, they should disclose to customers that these engines are REBUILT and allow them to make a decision whether to buy Tokunbo or their REBUILT engine. In western world, rebuilt engines are as good as brand new. I'm glad these guys are doing these. Even, rather than buying a new engine, why not rebuild what u have.

The issue here is this,

1. do they still sell the rebuilt engines at the prices of the original aluminum engines? Or they sell it cheaper.

2. Are they rebuilding the engines with criminal intent or just to make the engines affordable to people who can't afford to pay the 350k for the original toks engine. Mind you all, we are talking about toks engine here and not brand new as I have seen some comments.

3. Do the engines work perfectly after installation or develops issues which are total unsolvable?

This is my take, I think they are only trying to make the engines affordable, but if for reasons otherwise, it is criminal.

If we can find answers to this questions, then it means that since we can rebuild engines here, then we can actually build a car as far as we input legitimate ideas and full disclosure of contents and intents.

Cars that come from china are assembled with parts from different parts of the globe, the chinese man don't come out to tell you that the engine is half cast iron and half aluminum, they only tell you the engine is good and can last for you.

I think we should explore the positive side of being able to rebuild an engine totally rather than criminalizing it.

I have seen where the Chinese refurbish 3.5 liter Nissan Diesel engines, couple it with brand new radiators, and exhaust system and alternator to make up a 18KV generator, and they sell it and it works very well and they give you warranty on it.

ANYWAYS, BUYERS BEWARE. CHECK WELL AND ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE BUYING ANY EQUIPMENT IN NIGERIA.
Re: How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo by Fhemmmy: 5:12pm On Dec 15, 2012
Nice thread, and this will make people to stop comparing engines bought in Nigeria to what is bought here in Canada and US of A
Re: How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo by auhanson(m): 10:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
Why dont we decease from swapping engine, but rather rebuild our engine back to standard with oem parts? Does it mean that they will not last this way? Is there anything wrong with doing it this way?
Re: How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 28, 2013
au.hanson:
Why dont we decease from swapping engine, but rather rebuild our engine back to standard with oem parts? Does it mean that they will not last this way? Is there anything wrong with doing it this way?

There's nothing wrong with having your original engine rebuilt.

The issues lie with the abilitiy of the average Nigerian mechanic. Where the said mechanic can mess up when replacing a timing belt on a simple I4 8V SOHC engine. Would you trust these guys to take your engine apart, and re-assemble it correctly? The same mechanics who don't know what a torque wrench is, and who will reuse an old cylinder head gasket and stretch bolts.

No thanks!
Re: How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo by fm7070: 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
Please where can I rebuild my aluminium engine?
Re: How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo by emalekuo(m): 8:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
hardbody: Why would you want to change an engine in the first place. After using your car for a reasonable time-frame, would it not be the course of wisdom to either dispose of it or make a gift of it and buy another? Rather than spend some funny amount fixing a used car, how about sell, trade in or give out?

if you give a bad car out won't the new owner still fix the car? so what's your point?

2 Likes

Re: How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo by hardbody: 11:56pm On Aug 24, 2014
emalekuo:

if you give a bad car out won't the new owner still fix the car? so what's your point?

My point is you are not smart enough to comprehend
Re: How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo by OShepherd: 8:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
hardbody:
Why would you want to change an engine in the first place. After using your car for a reasonable time-frame, would it not be the course of wisdom to either dispose of it or make a gift of it and buy another? Rather than spend some funny amount fixing a used car, how about sell, trade in or give out?
But whoever you sell it to must visit there to make d vehicle useful now, haba Chilllllll
Re: How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo by OShepherd: 6:25pm On Sep 20, 2018
udokpuenyi:
To some extent your post is correct, but when someone of us who are insiders in the market try to explain this to most customers, they (customers) think that you are trying to to extort money from them.

I can tag a particular spare the average market cost and another person tells you half the price and the customer buy the one with lower price tag without thorough check, at the end he might not use that spare because it has been tampered with.

The worst is the some mechanics are also part of the scheme.

The rule: Just try to get one reliable contact in the market, let him source for your parts, afterall" snake no dey chop snake"

Another dimension to it, some creativity in the auto market also make certain things possible, imagine looking for a broken formica of your car and you can't get the spare , The boys in the market can replicate your original formica, this is just one in hundreds of examples.
Go and look for GOLF 5 complete wiper in the market and see how easily to get it if at all you can, in that case you need their services to get a matching wiper that will work in your car. It is a two way traffic thing both positve and negative
That Ladipo is something else. Too many scammers there.unfortunately one can't actually live without them but just keep eyes wide open!!!
Re: How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo by TRYGO(m): 10:13am On Sep 21, 2018
Just open your eyes 100% when you go buy an engine there.
You've trust worthy guys and crooks over there.
Re: How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo by tck2000(m): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
manny4life:

After all said and done, it does not negate the fact they are involved in a criminal activity - intentional selling a rebuilt, perhaps low standard product as original.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Avoid These 5 Things That Can Damage Your Car – Innoson Motors / Is This Vehicle Rubber Tyre The Future Of Tyres / Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.