Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,393 members, 7,954,572 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:56 PM

The Truth About Living Abroad - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Truth About Living Abroad (68014 Views)

10 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad / 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad / 10 Things About Living Abroad: No Turning Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Blazay(m): 8:15am On Dec 17, 2012
Oh watever!
No be Boko Haram dey hold Nigeria hostage? grin
If every country has its 'ills'. . . THEN GO AND CURE YA OWN DISEASE FIRST! kiss

At least we don't have SHARIA-infested-psycho-terrorists and 'Ogboni-Okija' CHURCH/SHRINE FOR SPIRITUAL HARLOT BOMBINGS HERE! kiss

http://www.e-ir.info/2012/02/07/the-threat-of-boko-haram-and-the-continuing-crisis-in-nigeria/

The Threat of Boko Haram and the Continuing Crisis in Nigeria
By Ricardo René Larémont on February 7, 2012

In Nigeria Boko Haram has struck again, this time more violently. On 21 January 2012 the city of Kano was hit with more than 30 bombs during just a few hours.

[size=20pt]At least 178 people died and hundreds were injured.[/size] [1] The city was traumatized. Its residents were subjected to terror and the nation was shocked into horror. Nigerians now wonder whether the government of President Goodluck Jonathan is capable of restoring security.

davidylan:

there are millions of americans, many of whom can lay claim to an American genealogy as far back as the 1800s who are living in worse poverty than many nigerians. It appears some people have a problem with common sense.

*'OW did I miss this DISGUSTING-AUSTIN-NGBATIC-POLYMOMIKERING-SWINE-OF-A-CRACKHEADED-COWARD?* angry angry angry angry
You don come with ya gang of okija-CATTLE-RANCH-MGBEKE-CYBER-GRANNY-HOES kwo? I gat your time. . .always darling! kiss

Here goes:
We know!
The reason you can't visit Nigeria. . .the land of your 'Abeokutan-OFENMANU' birth!
You get common sense. . .yet you nor get shame to hide for America for donkey years even with fia say ya mama nor go recognize ya 'crazy bald head'! NO GREEN CARD. . . NO CITIZENSHIP! NYC-PITTSBURGH-NIGERIAN-NGBATIC-ODU-LIMOZINE-DRIVER!!!!kiss

With 'immigrants' like you. . . .the poverty rate for niggers in the USA will continue to stay up in the clouds!
How many Americans live better than MOST NIGERIANS. . . IN YOUR VILLAGE ESPECIALLY? kiss
Common take ya leprous fingers off my posts!
OKU GBEEEE!!!! kiss

11 pages of regurgitated junk and HORRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSE SHHHHHHYTE about my darling AMERICA angry
Gosh I must be bored today. . . .So glad work starts back tonight! cool
I have spent enough time on this 'LOUSY THREAD' for miserable NL psychos!
Back to my AMERICAN CHRISTMAS. . . . cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ-e3_31sdM

*Thread unfollowed!* kiss
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 17, 2012
hmmmmm,so far i've learnt so many thingz about life from this thread......
........killingz everyday,
closest friend/co worker betrayz u big time,bcoz of moneytary issue,
accidentz on our roadz,
the graduatez in ma street are more then we the undergraduates still @ school,
u av to pay above N250-300k to get a job,
u must pay cash,before being attended to @ the hospital,
police wld gun u down becoz of N50 feeding allowancez,
getting admission into most school cost N50k either up pass/not,
armed robberz hunt u day&nitr{this last friday 10 armed robber where killed},
we av bizness potentials,but dont av access to loans to facillitate our dreamz,
the hope of an AVERAGE 9ja youths are getting slim by the day,
everything na runz,
Do dreamz come tru in this part of the world,
Listen to MI and GT's agbor album,
Everyday ego better........till when,
the rich fellowz in 9ja are above the law,
the law in 9ja is enacted for the poor,
to the extent that people count their cash form ATm WITHDRAWER'S{BECOZ OF LACK OF TRUST},
MY COUSIN SPENDING 36 YEARS,only visits once in a while,even left a his company worth N75mill in kuje ind.estate @ abuja closed down.......,
People dont wish the very best of u,making ur foes so many,that they haunt for ur down fall,
Fellow members of the house.....judging the situation of thingz becoz of their own social status is worng,look a the life of other average 9ja citizen aroung u,hawking bottled water and gala on highwayz just for survival,
go to MMIA,take a survey count of intl' flights per day....people are migrating @ a high rate,
go to the embassies look @ the Number of people queing for visas,
u dont know if u wld be the nxt bokoharem bomb victim,
panick everywhere,
{look @ my username},i dont see myself spending my nearest future here,talkless of rearing my comming generation in her,
majority people that are rich,embezzles,killz,cut cornerz,bribe,ritual killingz,abductions,money laundering....
9ja land of chaos and confusion,
the president is not even in CHARGE of the countries affairz,
most 9ja gurlz marrying old alhaji's and big rich bizness men,are after his death,following inheritance.....take a look @ ojukwu,God has blessed 9ja,but the land is cursed........may God help and see u tru.....till then....i wld find something meaninfull doing outside 9ja....
I dont want to be rich,bit i want a happy family,secure a better future for my kidz,av security,rest and peace of mind.......the current situation of things in nigeria wld drastically reduce the number of one's dayz on earth.......joining the 9gerians in daispora anytime soon....sorry for the long essay

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 17, 2012
house am sorry the errors and ommisionz in ma last post,i was typing in a rush
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Rapmoney(m): 11:00am On Dec 17, 2012
I Hate 9ja: hmmmmm,so far i've learnt so many thingz about life from this thread......
accidentz on our roadz,
everything na runz,
to the extent that people count their cash form ATm WITHDRAWER'S{BECOZ OF LACK OF TRUST},
MY COUSIN SPENDING 36 YEARS,only visits once in a while,even left a his company worth N75mill in kuje ind.estate @ abuja closed down.......,
People dont wish the very best of u,making ur foes so many,that they haunt for ur down fall,
Fellow members of the house.....judging the situation of thingz becoz of their own social status is worng,look a the life of other average 9ja citizen aroung u,hawking bottled water and gala on highwayz just for survival,
go to MMIA,take a survey count of intl' flights per day....people are migrating @ a high rate,
panick everywhere,
{look @ my username},i dont see myself spending my nearest future here,talkless of rearing my comming generation in her,
majority people that are rich,embezzles,killz,cut cornerz,bribe,ritual killingz,abductions,money laundering....
most 9ja gurlz marrying old alhaji's and big rich bizness men,are after his death,following inheritance.....take a look @ ojukwu,God has blessed 9ja,but the land is cursed........may God help and see u tru.....till then....i wld find something meaninfull doing outside 9ja....
I dont want to be rich,bit i want a happy family,secure a better future for my kidz,av security,rest and peace of mind.......the current situation of things in nigeria wld drastically reduce the number of one's dayz on earth.......joining the 9gerians in daispora anytime soon....sorry for the long essay

1, 798 Likes[b]
I Hate 9ja: hmmmmm,so far i've learnt so many thingz about life from this thread......
accidentz on our roadz,
everything na runz,
panick everywhere,

1, 798 Likes[/b]
accidentz on our roadz,
everything na runz,
panick everywhere,

1, 798 Likes
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by eduson77(m): 11:20am On Dec 17, 2012
guy,you made tears gather around ma eyes..

to be sincere i never knw we have wise ones here..

the last part of your post shows we have straight minded nigerians..wish you the best..

700500 likes

accidentz on our roadz,
everything na runz,
panick everywhere,
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2012
eduson77: guy,you made tears gather around ma eyes..

to be sincere i never knw we have wise ones here..

the last part of your post shows we have straight minded nigerians..wish you the best..

700500 likes

Omo you are the best, that is the cold truth
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2012
Few dudez that claim to be comfortable in 9ja{great}am happy for u,@least each and everyone here as xperienced different sides of the coin{9ja lifestyle}.........everyone's preference is different..........God forbid..if those few had lost a very closest&dearest folkz of ur's @ an incident like the dana airplane crash,gahsty motor accident or if u were in the position of a man who story was on nairaland few weekz ago @ ph....this man took his pregnant wife to a hospital for a headache treatment,just becoz of N20k,this man lost his wife and his unborn child....he was on his way to source for the cash....he must pay the hospital billz b4 a doctor cld attend to his wife...if one of those claiming to be comfortable has in one way or d other find his/herself in a situation like this.....i guess u wld give it a re-think.....
th
A man's environment speaks and determines alot about one future,lifespan and so on....we need peace,security,stable income,
many who are govt. Retirees who are fortunate to get their gratuity,use it to build a house....many are unable to build a house during their service in govt.....itz better to av assess to a house on mortgage,av ur own ride,healthcare insurance,social amenties{many buy water-a free gift of nature...in lagos.
Peace of mind......ur coming generationz wont av a cause to curse u becoz they came into a world where they can xplore their potentials and opportunities....not in 9ja whey b say,u wld give bribe b4 securing a contract.....remembered a NL topic:........I WAS SUPRISED to hear that u must give bribes in $$$ @ aso rock,b4 been allowed to see Badluck jonathan.......pls the few that are comfortable in 9ja......pls my advice for u is to work very hard....so that ur coming generation wont suffer in 9ja.
God bless 9ja

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Godogwu: 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2012
Blazay:

I am trying to teach you 'morals'. . .ONLY THIEVES SURVIVE IN NIGERIA!!! OR YOU ARE AN ACCOMPLICE! kiss
Still living on your village philanthropy huh? No wonder. cheesy
What do you have to brag about in Nigeria. . . .BUT STOLEN SIPHONED INHERITANCE? undecided
Please, when you can work like the average AMERICAN TEENAGER. . .gimme a holla.
Now, go back to 'suck' some milk for breakfast or lunch. . .where ever you are!

Nor be ya mate be this? A FEMALE TOO!grin Make you siddon for NL dey waste both 'brain' and 'spe-rm' cells mastu-b-ating in the Romance and Sexuality sections of NL from year to year! kiss
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew!!!

http://www.blackyouthproject.com/2012/12/britney-exline-youngest-african-american-engineer/

THIS IS JUST ONE OF THE HOUSES I LIVE IN NIGERIA AND I CAN'T WAIT TO GERRRID OF IT WITH ALL THE NIGERIAN STENCH OF POVERTY, DISEASES, CURSES AND BADLUCK!!!!. . . . PAID FOR IN FULL. . . .EVER BEFORE YOU WERE BORN OR YOUR PARENTS EVER DEVELOPED THE CONCEPT OF SHARING OIL-BLOCKS AS SIGNS OF WEALTH IN NIGERIA. . . .REMAINING EVER SO STOOPID FOR THE GREED AND CORRUPTION THAT CONTINUES TO RAVAGE YOUR PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL BEINGS TO KINGDOM COME!!!!. . . .SO SHARRAP! CUZZ YOU NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH COCKROACH/RAT INFESTED MANSIONS ALL OVER NIGERIA!!!!! kiss

I CAN NEVER SLEEP WELL IN THE PHOCKING PLACE! FULL OF ILLITERATE DUMMIES AND PSYCHO THIEVES! I prefer my quiet. . .clean small AMERICAN HOUSE. . .RENTED AND ALL! PEACE OF MIND!!!!! I RUN IT MYSELF WITHOUT SHOUTING AT ONE USELESS HOUSE MAID, FILTHY COOK OR SMELLY DRIVER!!!! THANK YOU!!!! The reason the average life-span is 46 abi na 52 years! I hope you make it to that age? Amen!!! kiss

LOL am I meant to be impressed by that house?....hahahaha!!

Well lets see, I'm not rich.... I'm a middle class Nigerian ( I insist) and frankly you don't need to be rich to enjoy the basic things of life.

My dad went to UNN and studied bio-chemistry and later studied civil engineering My mum studied Buisness admin....she's a Buisness woman and a contractor.

Ohhh paying for a 3 bed house for 30 years is the American dream? Hahahahaahaha!....don't say rubbish old man.

I'm in no way comparing Nigeria to the US....it's obvious the US is more developed but to me I can't live here.... It's school and nothing else, I practically board a flight to Nigeria anything there's a break ( yea, that's how much I love that place) .

Errmm again am I meant to be impressed? None of my parents where born into poor families, not at all old man. My mum's dad was an established Buisness man and my dad's father was not so bad himself...so they pretty much had the kinda life I'm living at the moment (we don't worship money) .

And finally.... I can understand we are not of the same class; you certainly struggled ( tears and pain) to get whatever you have ( probably sold all your dad's plots of land or did some funny stuff to buy a one way ticket ) and I'm happy for you but the fact is prestige is not something you develop or get its something you're born with. Bye now.

P.s in reference to the prison ish you said..., I'm sure no Nigerian will want to live in a prison anywhere in the world.....well except they are inferior nitwits like yourself.
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2012
pls take brief look @ d nairaland homepage and read the story of 5 kidz dat got burnt in a fire incident @ kirikiri.........it waz as a result of no electricity......5 kidz @ once........God bless 9ja
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 17, 2012
hagma37@yahoo.com:
I was watching a program on a DSTV channel 'UNDERCOVER BOSS' one of the worker who is a truck driver for the company was telling the Undercover CEO that he came to america with a few dollers but now he is living a American Dream and plan to bring his family anytime soon. Mind you the guy in question is also a white skin.
My dream is to go Germany,get my M.Eng in Mechatronics and possibly P.hd then come back home. I tell you the sky is gonna be tha limit.
I believe in making it right here in nigeria. Get something unique and different i tell you people would by the idea.
Ha! Ha!! Ha!!! Your spellings said it all... I hope you know that bribing lecturers is not possible over there? Olodo.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by eduson77(m): 6:44am On Dec 18, 2012
grin
emmysenior: Ha! Ha!! Ha!!! Your spellings said it all... I hope you know that bribing lecturers is not possible over there? Olodo.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Jongrac: 4:51am On Dec 19, 2012
manny4life:

also compare that to those that can commute to the hamptons, beverly hills etc..

We can also do that, that's no biggie...either way, the difference is VERY clear. If you want to flaunt unnecessary stats and numbers out there, then let's do it right.

If you know that "per your second paragraph", then stick to your argument bruh, rather than flaunting your, "how many Americans can afford to live in Hampton". I don't need to live in Hampton nor the hill to be considered rich, after all the top 50 wealthiest Americans DO NOT live in either of these places.

Many people may not afford $10million homes like the Hampton and Beverly Hill, but they sure can afford the $200's, $300's even up to $1million depending on their profession. Doctors, lawyers, Engineers are prime examples.

Why the argument over what is brazenly and conspicuously obvious? That you are attempting to qualify the standard of livings between both countries is absurd. Am proudly Nigerian, but truth is, there is no basis of comparison at least for now - rich or poor.

Stop the noise about private residential areas like Banana Rep - NG or Hampton in US that access to it is usually restricted by the rich occupants, reflect on this :How many Nigerians (Rich or Poor) has the slightest idea of what Aso Rock looks like - a supposedly govt building, publicly built and funded to house a sitting Nigerian President, think of how much the US Govt makes from visitors(just to come and see and snap pics @ a considerable distance away from the building) to the White House annually. Almost everybody in the world knows WH Pic when they see it on TV or Newspapers aside the ever functional WH webpage where you can go on a virtual tour in and around the building and also read about the WH.

Telling ourselves the truth will do a lot if we are to redeem our country Nigeria, things aren't the way it should be, and we all have a stake in fixing it either Home or foreign based.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 19, 2012
This topic no dey tire una grin grin grin... This topic has been recycled so many times on this forum i have lost count... it has been discussed, re discussed, argued , re argued, it has been beaten to death and still it never dies...The never say die topic.... grin grin grin

@OP, I used to have your mentality until I traveled out and the as they say the rest is history.... Nigeria is a failed state and it's just sad the way things are. It is more painful especially when you consider that once upon a time we were better than Malaysia and Singapore and the likes, we cant stand near those countries now. Is Nigeria better than the US,UK,Canada and almost everywhere except the war zones? The simple answer is NO. It's our country, it's sad but that's the truth. what the pro Nigeria people need to understand is that wealth isn't only quantified in cash, as that seems to be the only thing going for the country with all the looting going on....There is no point in beginning to compare that place to any place in the industrialized world, When the looming upheaval that is on the horizon takes place and the country is sanitized of all those that have destroyed her then you will see many Nigerians abroad return home.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:29pm On Dec 19, 2012
Donxavier: This topic no dey tire una grin grin grin... This topic has been recycled so many times on this forum i have lost count... it has been discussed, re discussed, argued , re argued, it has been beaten to death and still it never dies...The never say die topic.... grin grin grin

@OP, I used to have your mentality until I traveled out and the as they say the rest is history.... Nigeria is a failed state and it's just sad the way things are. It is more painful especially when you consider that once upon a time we were better than Malaysia and Singapore and the likes, we cant stand near those countries now. Is Nigeria better than the US,UK,Canada and almost everywhere except the war zones? The simple answer is NO. It's our country, it's sad but that's the truth. what the pro Nigeria people need to understand is that wealth isn't only quantified in cash, as that seems to be the only thing going for the country with all the looting going on....There is no point in beginning to compare that place to any place in the industrialized world, When the looming upheaval that is on the horizon takes place and the country is sanitized of all those that have destroyed her then you will see many Nigerians abroad return home.

I tire my bros, U know we naija no how to console our self with some "Amuwa Olorun (God purpose)" kind of a message,we say make we gather mouth tell thief say YOU BE THIEF!!! instead my people go say where you hide your thing dey too close.And the thing wey I notice be say people back home won make sure den pull those wey dey abroad down to find a leverage,all we need to do is to see how we go find solution to our corrupt leaders and corruption wey don turn our people to AJALA the TRAVELER.We get natural resources, human resources,favourable weather but leadership problem,so we no the problem but to find solution na another problem.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Hardfact: 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2012
Hmm! undecided
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 19, 2012
I Hate 9ja: pls take brief look @ d nairaland homepage and read the story of 5 kidz dat got burnt in a fire incident @ kirikiri.........it waz as a result of no electricity......5 kidz @ once........God bless 9ja

looks @ bolded...
looks @ his username

lol. not trying to make light of a serious matter, but
that made me chuckle a little. smiley
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Biafrarep(m): 12:39pm On Dec 20, 2012
sandraluck12: I dont know why pples compare orange with apple, Nigeria with US, really anybody can become rich in either place, however, in term of opportunities i will give it to US. It is in US you will see that there is dignity in hard work and labor, you will see a barbers, hairdresser, laborer and other blue collar jobs living fine, riding their posh cars, living in good houses unlike in Nigeria. The minimum wage in Nigeria s $50 dollars a month, So more opportunities here that is why u see pples from all walk of life making US their home. A lot of Nigerian also work in many blue chip companies here many doles through hard work, good education and medical facilities....

Please dont garnish facts with fiction in order to make it sweet! Minimum wage in Nigeria is not 50 dollars as you wrongly stated but 18,000 naira or about 120 dollars!
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by RealMccoy2(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2012
Please diasporans stop responding to disgruntled low self esteem peeps that could not obtain a visa after several attempts . You can tell who they are by seeing the animosity they nurse in their heart against those living comfortable abroad. These are same people that will be hustling to carry my luggage for a token when ever I visit Nigeria . I bought my first house at the age of 25 years old here in the USA and that alone should tell you how progressive most of us in the States are. I laugh when myopic minds think living abroad is washing dishes meanwhile they forgot Nigerians love been educated more than anything else . If all is well in that sorry state called Nigeria why are their leaders running to India for medical treatment? Please ignore the losers that come out here to exhibit their ignorance. Show them visa to Egypt they will change your first name to uncle or sir even though they are way older than you. When they speak I smell poverty and frustration.

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
Real-Mccoy:
Please diasporans stop responding to disgruntled low self esteem peeps that could not obtain a visa after several attempts . You can tell who they are by seeing the animosity they nurse in their heart against those living comfortable abroad. These are same people that will be hustling to carry my luggage for a token when ever I visit Nigeria . I bought my first house at the age of 25 years old here in the USA and that alone should tell you how progressive most of us in the States are. I laugh when myopic minds think living abroad is washing dishes meanwhile they forgot Nigerians love been educated more than anything else . If all is well in that sorry state called Nigeria why are their leaders running to India for medical treatment? Please ignore the losers that come out here to exhibit their ignorance. Show them visa to Egypt they will change your first name to uncle or sir even though they are way older than you. When they speak I smell poverty and frustration.
sincere truth.....GBAM

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Wallie(m): 3:34pm On Dec 21, 2012
Godogwu:

...Ohhh paying for a 3 bed house for 30 years is the American dream? Hahahahaahaha!....don't say rubbish old man.

You're still on this mortgage stuff? Do you think mortgages do not exist in Nigeria?

Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR OBTAINING NATIONAL HOUSING FUND LOANS (NHF)
1. WHO CAN APPLY
a) Any Nigerian above the age of 18
b) Applicant must be a contributor to the National Housing Fund for a minimum
period of six months.
c) Applicant must have satisfactory evidence of regular flow of income to guarantee
loan repayment.

2. PURPOSE
a) The loan shall be for the purpose of building, purchasing, or renovating a
residential accommodation.
b) No loan shall be for refinancing.

3. HOW TO APPLY
a) Applicant is to apply through a duly licensed and accredited mortgage loan
originator (MLO) of his/her choice and not directly to Federal Mortgage Bank of
Nigeria (FMBN).
b) The MLO of the applicant’s choice must be accredited by FMBN to access the NHF
facility.
c) Application forms for NHF loans are obtainable from the MLO.

4. SECURITY FOR THE LOAN
a) The property for which the loan is sought shall serve as security for the loan.
b) The property shall conform with the existing planning laws and regulations
(approved building plan).
c) The property shall possess sufficient value to recover the loan.
d) A mortgage property shall be insured against hazards.
e) The loan shall be secured by first legal mortgage of the property between the
applicant and the mortgage loan originator and assigned to FMBN.

5. HOW MUCH TO APPLY FOR
a) A borrower is entitled to a maximum loan of fifteen million naira (N15,
000,000.00) or as determined by the Bank.
b) No individual should be given a loan in excess of 90% of the cost or value of
the property to be mortgaged.
c) Equity contribution based on the new loan amounts is as follows:
 N15,000,000.00 – 30%
 N10,000,000.00 - 20%
 N5,000,000.00 - 10%

6. INTEREST RATE
a) Interest rate shall be as prescribed by the National Housing Fund Act which is
not more than 6% p.a.

7. HOW TO REPAY
b) The maximum repayment period shall be 30 years.
c) Individual borrower shall make repayment through the mortgage loan
originator through which they obtained the loan.
For further enquiries please contact Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria, Plot 266
Cadastral AO CBD, Abuja Or any of our state offices nearest to you.

http://www.fmbn.gov.ng/vault/nhftermsandconditions.pdf

Here's another from GTB
http://gtbank.com/personalbanking/products/loans/gtmortgage

GTMortgage
GTMortgage offers credit facilities to customers whose salaries or business proceeds are domiciled with us to part-finance the acquisition of residential property in selected cities within the country.

Facility Amount: N 5,000,000. 00 (Minimum) to N 150,000,000.00 (Maximum) (Subject to Bank's approved location)
Equity Contribution: 20% (Minimum)
Tenor: 1 to 20 Years (Subject to whichever is shorter; 20 years or number of years to retirement. Retirement age is fixed at 55)
Repayment: Equal monthly repayment comprising principal & Interest.
Monthly repayment shall not exceed 35% of net monthly
Support/Comfort: Legal mortgage over the property to be acquired or on an alternative property
Insurance (Fire and Special Peril)
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:52am On Dec 22, 2012
Biafra rep: Please dont garnish facts with fiction in order to make it sweet! Minimum wage in Nigeria is not 50 dollars as you wrongly stated but 18,000 naira or about 120 dollars!

18,000/month? congratulations!
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Godogwu: 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
Wallie:

You're still on this mortgage stuff? Do you think mortgages do not exist in Nigeria?

Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria

http://www.fmbn.gov.ng/vault/nhftermsandconditions.pdf

Here's another from GTB
http://gtbank.com/personalbanking/products/loans/gtmortgage

Nitwit!! of course mortgages exist in Nigeria but people hardly use them, we'd rather take time and build a house to our taste or jut buy it off completely or after two or three payments. Generally depending on the relationship and agreement between the seller and the buyer.
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by MMotimo: 8:59am On Dec 31, 2012
You obviously do not own a home that was paid for from your income.

Do you know how much it costs to build a home in Naija? Even the telecomms, oil and bank workers borrow to build and these 3 are the highest paid groups in the country.

Godogwu:

Nitwit!! of course mortgages exist in Nigeria but people hardly use them, we'd rather take time and build a house to our taste or jut buy it off completely or after two or three payments. Generally depending on the relationship and agreement between the seller and the buyer.
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by buchibabe: 4:00pm On Dec 31, 2012
:oFather Abraham!!! Dis topic still dey? Una neva tire to talk abt naija. Even a day -old baby know say naija no be am. Frm d babies first cry in d labour room,(cry of regret)it depicts dat all is nt well with his location of birth. Hehehehehe. Abegii stop consoling urself,we hv a longggggg way to go
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2012
buchibabe: :oFather Abraham!!! Dis topic still dey? Una neva tire to talk abt naija. Even a day -old baby know say naija no be am. Frm d babies first cry in d labour room,(cry of regret)it depicts dat all is nt well with his location of birth. Hehehehehe. Abegii stop consoling urself,we hv a longggggg way to go
Fact Noni........u try
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Godogwu: 7:24am On Jan 01, 2013
MMotimo: You obviously do not own a home that was paid for from your income.

Do you know how much it costs to build a home in Naija? Even the telecomms, oil and bank workers borrow to build and these 3 are the highest paid groups in the country.

Well lets see, its true i haven't built a home wih my income becuase i'm still a STUDENT but we have 3 homes in Nigeria and each I can tell you figuratively is worth more than N50m (estimated by the way) and my dad didn't borrow a dime building any of them... And there are people who own way larger properties that also didnt borrow shi cheesy
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 01, 2013
Godogwu:

Well lets see, its true i haven't built a home wih my income becuase i'm still a STUDENT but we have 3 homes in Nigeria and each I can tell you figuratively is worth more than N50m (estimated by the way) and my dad didn't borrow a dime building any of them... And there are people who own way larger properties that also didnt borrow shi cheesy
No wonder...........omo baba olowo..........well fingerz are not equal bro
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Godogwu: 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
No wonder...........omo baba olowo..........well fingerz are not equal bro

Definetely all fingers aren't equal and they would never be. Thats how life is in general btw
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by ahmedgafar7(m): 9:14pm On Jan 01, 2013
I Hate 9ja: house am sorry the errors and ommisionz in ma last post,i was typing in a rush
you don't have to apologise for that...if someone like temmytanny post something with grammatical blunders he won't apologise because he knows he has a good reputation and an high self esteem i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ this forum
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by ahmedgafar7(m): 9:15pm On Jan 01, 2013
I Hate 9ja: house am sorry the errors and ommisionz in ma last post,i was typing in a rush
you don't have to apologise for that...if someone like temmytanny post something with grammatical blunders he won't apologise because he knows he has a good reputation and an high self esteem i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ this forum,it shows you are concerned about what people think of you,maybe they will think you are an illiterate.........NO OFFENCE

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Arinta Waterfalls In Ekiti And Its Mysteries (Pictures, Video) / This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki / See The ₦155m Lamborghini That Every Plane Must Follow At Italy's Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.