Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

The Truth About Living Abroad - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Truth About Living Abroad (67211 Views)

10 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad / 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad / 10 Things About Living Abroad: No Turning Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
userlist: Who wrote this trash, you are comparing apple with orange.
Common now, the richest man in Nigeria is the poorest man in Canada
if you compare the way they live and their way of life.
A billionaire in Nigeria can't work freely in the community,
attend functions without all sorts of guard, can't move freely in the
society without harassment, you dress up nicely with things you worked hard out for
you are in trouble. Nothing happens if OBJ, Fashola or any of those big guys slap you in Nigeria.
It is better you live in Canada with little but with rest of mind.
iSmh for you. Keep living the average life in Canada while Nigerian Billionaires fly in with their private jets and buy the mansion on top of the hill right there in your city.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Francheezy(m): 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2012
N!GER!A IZ STILL THE BEST, TAKE IT 0R LEAVE IT.
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Godogwu: 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2012
Blazay: Kissing my American passport with much relish! cool
I'd rather die a slave in a white man's land. . .than live like a king in an African jungle full of intellectual HOTTENTOTS!
The 'government' cannot finance it's budget, then you want to go to Niggerland to do what?
Join THIEVES? grin
God plus Satan forbid such evil!
Abeg carry go! kiss

With 90% of Nigerians living in abject poverty and squalor! cheesy
Nice comic relief! kiss

90%, LOOOL, who is this broke dude ?, when last where you in Nigeria...Nitwit

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by monie(f): 9:22pm On Dec 14, 2012
I am a Nigerian living abroad, infact I and my fiancé came to Canada this year, we r married now, he was in the uk for 7yrs, acquired so many certificates but couldn't get an IT job in uk, I was in Nigeria and was working but didn't like my job much either, so we both decided to relocate to Canada, thank God my student visa as well as his permanent residence both worked. Since we both came here in January and February respectively I have been a full time student while he has been working in his profession. Since he came he has worked in like 4 different companies, with each offering him higher than the previous, we are counting our blessings here cause is been so good. We r married now, living very well, having enough to save and send home sometimes even though he is the only one working for now. I tried looking for a job for him in Nigeria but to no avail, I am not saying Nigeria isn't good but maybe it just wasn't for us. Cause he has good results, all cisco certifications, masters, name yet in Nigeria and uk it wasn't working out. As for me and my household Canada, Calgary Canada has been really really really good for us.

17 Likes

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by trent9002(m): 9:22pm On Dec 14, 2012
USA, UK etc is NOT the best place to move, Its all just names. Smaller well doing countries like Singapore, Scandinavian countries etc are much better. Just the language barrier.
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by 1forall: 9:22pm On Dec 14, 2012
thelastPope: ...It is silly to pick one picture from somewhere and post is as Nigeria...

Tell to the OP oh, is that the only house owned by an American based Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by obi123: 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
please OP I beg to differ,
I live in the UK and what I have been able to achieve so far, in a million years i would never have achieved them in Nigeria. i don't want to be a millionaire , I am CONTENT with what I have and the pace at which I'm going and this is the problem with so many human beings today, this leads them into all sorts.
You cannot put a price on peace of mind ,you just cant , which is what I have found in the UK, my life is so organised, I can plan within reason , I'm not in any competition with anybody , neither am I under any rubbish stress, I travel when I want peacefully and return peacefully ,let me not even go into the FREE health care provision that I have enjoyed and I'm still enjoying here, I've always wanted a simple life and I've found it in the UK .

I'm actually surrounded by successful Nigerians who have struggled to get to where they are , they are all doing very well.No they don't own private jets and 10 bedroom mansions in Nigeria but they are HAPPY, they know that their children will be raised in a society that will not frustrate them.

so OP please stop discouraging people

GOD BLESS MY FATHER FOR HIS FORESIGHTEDNESS AND LONG LIVE THE QUEEN I SAY!!

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by jmoore(m): 9:24pm On Dec 14, 2012
userlist: Who wrote this trash, you are comparing apple with orange.
Common now, the richest man in Nigeria is the poorest man in Canada

Dangote is the poorest in Cananda? smh
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by kokoye(m): 9:24pm On Dec 14, 2012
thelastPope: It is silly to pick one picture from somewhere and post is as Nigeria.

But isnt this exactly what the OP also did by posting the picture of some random building as the Nigerian's USA house to support his story....did you call the OP silly for that?

#fair_play

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Godogwu: 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2012
Rastamann: The Richest Nigerians are in Nigeria
As i said the place to look for wealth isn't in a new land. By the time you're done learning the customs and way things work here you'll be 50. You know Nigeria, you know the way it works, though few want to admit it you can make it in Nigeria. The richest nigerians in the world are from Nigeria, and don't bother themselves with the US. If you look at somebody like Dangote, Adenuga etc you will see they have one devious but consistent thing in common: connections to those in power. As a black person, and more importantly a Nigeria, you have to understand those in power are white and have no business bothering themselves with you. At least in Nigeria you can climb the social ladder more freely, you can't here. To become rich in America you need a great idea, something nobody has ever done before like an invention or a service and it has to make sense to the demand. If you have one of these....you'll make it in Nigeria as well.

And many Nigerians are suffering in the mist of plenty.

Why not stay in a white man's land where at least you can have a relative PEACE OF MIND.
'

and how many Americans are suffering despite all the freebies and the whole "God's own country" ish...please!!!! here's a bench \_______
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Blazay(m): 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2012
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by TRUTHTELA: 9:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
Another IGNORANT topic, that lacked in OBJECTIVITY. USA, it's foundation, people & Govt. was not designed to fit into a Nigerian man's definition of SUCCESS. USA, with all its SOCIAL & ECONOMIC challenges will always be GREAT. Nigeria, as a society is gone! as a country, it has FAILED. In all honesty, if you have your EDUCATION & LEGAL PAPERS in USA, there's something for you & you MUST succeed (by a CONTENTED man's perspective), not by a GREEDY & VAIN Nigerian's standard.

Facts, speak for themselves. Here's a LOW INCOME( POOR) earners apartment building that was started & finished in 2012, by the city of St Paul, in Minnesota, FYI, they city, not the State Govt, built this house. Can someone show me what the Nigerian govt has done or is doing for its POOR citizens

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Blazay(m): 9:29pm On Dec 14, 2012
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Blazay(m): 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2012
Godogwu:

90%, LOOOL, who is this broke dude ?, when last where you in Nigeria...Nitwit

ODE! I was in Nigeria less than 2 months ago!
No electricity. . . diesel fumes everywhere!
Unemployment. . . ,.90%!
Everyone I know that has moved back to Nigeria to 'do contract' have been DUPED out of their senses by yahoo-yahoo ruffians likey ya! They are now back in the US to queue up in airports as "LIMO" drivers with monkey coat-and-coats! All their wives have now taken to pros-ti-tution to survive!

Chueeeeeeeeeeeeh! cheesy
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Freiburger(m): 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2012
TRUTHTELA: Another IGNORANT topic, that lacked in OBJECTIVITY. USA, it's foundation, people & Govt. was not designed to fit into a Nigerian man's definition of SUCCESS.
+100likes
Imagine the OP saying that the middle class are being financed by the banks, and the meiddle class do not have a house they can call their own grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Tunby(m): 9:36pm On Dec 14, 2012
Better a country that is organized, gives good education, guarantees comfort for the average hardworking guy, than a totally confused country that only the corrupt,'long legged', super-intelligent, and hyper-workerholic can live well.If my dad, for example put in just half of d effort he put into his business in Nigeria, abroad,he'll be living a whole lot better by now(Power supply crippled his entire business).Being the next 'Bill gates' or 'Dangote' is not many people's aim.They just want to be able to afford a good, comfortable life.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2012
Everywhere has its own challenges and Nowhere in the world do they pick money on tree.

But given the two places i would rather take my chances in America than in Nigeria. I have several success stories around me from guys who migrated to America recently and are doing very fine.

4 weeks ago I hosted 3 guys in my house whom I met through Nairaland. They all went to school in Nigeria and came to America in january 2010. Currently the least of them makes $70k a year. these guys have accent as thick as anyone there, But they are all in the IT field and they are very much in demand.(One currently makes $85k a yr and has another offer for $95k in another state).

last week I met up with a friend we left Nigeria the same time (2008) and he came to recruit for his company. A company reputed to be the Biggest investment bank in the World. He had a degree from UNILAG, Completed his masters in Mathematical Finance and he brushed himself up taking the CFA exam.

I have another friend who came to US in Fall 2010 he used to work with ARM in Nigeria, Came for his MBA at Wharton completed his MBA last May and CFA certified he makes over $130K a yr in a hedge fund in New Jersey.

There are thousands of Nigerians making it out there if you have the needed skills

There are jobs out there if you have the needed skillset. How come you rarely see people from India working low paying jobs? Are they not accented?

but when you go to Hospitals they are the Doctors, the Pharmacists, the Engineers they are on Wall street and they dominate IT fields? Thats because they have the needed skills to work

Imagine someone who went to kwara Poly with a degree in bankiing and Finance, Comes to America, What do you expect if you dont upgrade yourself?

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Blazay(m): 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2012
http://www.thebody.com/content/art8300.html

[b][size=20pt]Nigeria Has World's Third-Highest HIV Prevalence Rate, USAID Says
[/size]
From Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

October 11, 2005

USAID last week at a public hearing by the Nigeria House of Representatives Committee on Health said Nigeria has the world's third-highest HIV/AIDS prevalence rate with four million people living with the virus, Daily Trust/AllAfrica.com reports. Nigeria needs to adopt a multisectoral approach to fighting the disease, USAID-Nigeria Deputy Director Natalie Freeman said. The U.S. has pledged to provide antiretroviral drugs to 350,000 people and support 1.7 million HIV-positive people in Nigeria, including children and orphans. USAID also pledged to provide Nigeria's National Action Committee on AIDS with technical and logistic support. Four million "is not [a] small [number] at all. It is a large number of people," Babatunde Osotimehin, NACA's national coordinator, said, adding that the Nigerian government has ordered the number of HIV-positive people on the country's antiretroviral treatment program be increased to 250,000 to help fight the virus (Bello/Benjamin, Daily Trust/AllAfrica, 10/6).[/b]
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Blazay(m): 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
http://www.eagleenstyle.com/2010/12/02/lagos-highest-in-hivaids-prevalence/

Beware of 'LAGOS'! grin

[b][size=20pt]Lagos Highest in HIV/AIDS Prevalence
[/size]

Lasted Updated December 2, 2010 10:08 am

About one million people in Lagos State are living with HIV/AIDS; [size=20pt]most of them between 15 and 24 years,[/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked and [size=20pt]this rate is the highest in Nigeria.[/size]

This figure was announced on Wednesday by the state’s Commissioner for Health, Jide Idris, while briefing journalists on the occasion of the World AIDS Day. Mr Idris said Lagos has about 12 per cent of the national estimate of People Living With HIV/AIDS (PLWHA), quoting the result of a national survey conducted by the federal government. “The sentinel surveys carried out in Lagos has confirmed a steady, though inconsistent, increase in the number of HIV infected people,” he said. Though the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) claimed, on its website, that about 2.98 million people are living with the condition in Nigeria, Lagos’ statistics cannot be stated in figures due to divergent population figures.

Mr Idris, however, noted that the state realized the scourge of HIV/AIDS earlier than any other state and even the federal government by establishing the Lagos State AIDS Control Agency. He also explained that Lagos has higher prevalence cases because the government, shying away from any political interference, has intensified awareness and testing campaign. “Between January and October this year, we have tested more than 115,000 people in our health facilities,” he said. “More than 28,000 pregnant women were tested, out of which 1051 tested positive.” Currently, the state has 56 HIV counseling and testing sites, 40 prevention of mother to child transmission sites, 29 adult anti-retro-viral treatment sites, and 22 pediatrics ART sites.

Mr Idris also said the state, apart from increasing testing and treatment sites, has also protected the rights of PLWHA by enacting a law for the Protection of Persons Living With HIV/AIDS, 2007. “Presently, a lot of sensitization is going on throughout the state and this started in 2009,” he said. “There should be no discrimination at workplaces, public places, no travelling restriction and equal rights with people that are not infected.” He also expressed gratitude to developmental partners (UNICEF, Clinton Foundation, CIDA/WHO) and implementing partners (FHI/GHAIN, IHVN, ALCO, and AFRICARE) “who are committed to this cause along with the state government towards improved access to HIV/AIDS services in the state.”
[/b]
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Arsenate(m): 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
Blazay:

ODE! I was in Nigeria less than 2 months ago!
No electricity. . . diesel fumes everywhere!
Unemployment. . . ,.90%!
Everyone I know that has moved back to Nigeria to 'do contract' have been DUPED out of their senses by yahoo-yahoo ruffians likey ya! They are now back in the US to queue up in airports as "LIMO" drivers with monkey coat-and-coats! All their wives have now taken to pros-ti-tution to survive!

Chueeeeeeeeeeeeh! cheesy
you sound so frustrated and sad...lol, all U posts stinks of frustration and sadness...lol Oga abeg I no envy u o o lmao

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Arsenate(m): 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
Meanwhile, proudly waving my GREEN WHITE GREEN
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by mpmp: 9:41pm On Dec 14, 2012
@

YOU ARE SO UNINFORMED. YOU ARE AN HE-GOAT if you think all you wrote was sound advise

Dear all
99% of those screaming "you can make it in Nigeria" are total mental failures. They have gone abroad, couldn't make it and are now looking for an alibi: Nigeria. They are either of two categories:

a) someone living outside Nigeria and telling you to go back to Nigeria because you can make it there, or
b) someone living in Nigeria and telling you not to go abroad because you can make it in Nigeria

Whenever you hear someone like that, please close your ears. They have no advise for themselves, talk less for you. Which is better: an environment where things are working or an environment where nothing works.
ex:
It is only in Nigeria where people actually pray to God for electricity. Over years, your psyche even changes to believe that electricity comes from God.

Oh yes, can you make it in Nigeria? but you have to buy everything and be a little corrupt in the process:
a) you buy your own water. Ive been living in Lagos since 2006 and govt water hasnt flowed out of my faucet once; I mean I dug my own well, bought my own pump, hired my own plumber, bought my own tank, etc....just to get water into my house.

b) you buy your own security at home, on the road, at work, all around: coz the Nigerian police cannot even secure itself. We know the rest of the story. Get a mallam, give him some money and a sharp knife and tell him to watch your gates.

c) between a car / public transport: well, I have a car and I have my own mechanic, I have my own road-safety officer and a contact in the army who gave me an army badge. I also have a couple of arial boys in each part of Lagos - just in case.

You can continue with the list for every area of life and living, but can you tell me if such a life is normal?

Isnt it better to pay taxes and live a normal life in a sane environment than live in a jungle called Nigeria with millions in the bank, millions that you dont feel safe about? and be watching your back 247 just because nothing works normally?

Is there any rich man in Nigeria that can walk the streets comfortably?. Can the Dangote/Adenuga you have mentioned walk around as normal people? When last did either of them buy anything in Obalende? The financial resources Dangote/Adenuga spend to power their houses, business outlets, offices, etc is more than the yearly educational budgets of some African countries, and yet we happy about it.

Even barrack Obama and his wife live more normal lives that some rich ppl in Nigeria.

@
If you are a poor man in America, please remain poor, but NIGERIA IS DEFINITELY NOT THE BEST PLACE TO BE as far as sanity is concerned.

And rather than talking about Nigeria, why not tell us how rich you can be living in some other African countries that import pure water from Nigeria. I bet, you could be a multibillionaire overthere coz their dollar exchange rate is higher than our naira.

Yes, to be rich in America, you need a great idea, something nobody has ever done before, like an invention.......this should be the ideal

Unfortunately, to be rich in Nigeria, you dont need a great idea, you dont even need a brain. You just need to know how to forge signatures, dupe a couple of people, and the money starts rolling in. Just make sure you have a brother in customs, another brother in the police, and another one in the army. Have a sister in the civil service and a couple of boys to do your bidding.

Or you can work in a bank, cheat your employers and customers, deduct 1-naira from each account or sell your virginity for new customers; or you might not even do the cheating, you can just aid in the misappropriation of funds for your own small cut. After this you can begin selling plots of land that dont belong to you.

Or launch a problem with some advertized services, knowing fully well you cannot provide any of them. How fast is your internet speed in America and how much do you pay for it per month. Check out a similar internet speed in Nigeria and its cost.

Or you can carry a Bible or Koran and go preaching the good news, tell your listeners that God will provide them a jet before tomorrow morning, but they must empty their bank accounts into your offering bag.

Or you could join politics, have a god father or mother in place, almost kill and roughen up a couple of people - coz the final aim is the money which begins to flow once you elect yourself.

In conclusion, its easier to make it in Nigeria than in America. but you must leave sanity at home.

Its people like you who end up decieving people seeking a better life.

I just returned from a trip to europe-italy and I met with several refugees from Africa. An example was a sudanese guy who earned a PhD in nanotechnology, all on italian govt scholarship, after 7-years of arriving in Italy - despite the fact that he had refugee status. He completed a B.Sc, Msc and Phd all within 7years of his arrival. Presently, hes on a post-doc in the US. Thats what going abroad can do for you. Can any so called refugee in Nigeria achieve such a feat? how many refugees in Nigeria have such a hope, how many of them graduated from our Universities in the past 10years? Ok, forget the refugees, how about bonafide Nigerian youths? Is there any hope for them?

Has the govt provided scholarships for its youth? talk less for refugees?

I would tell anyone who wants to go abroad for study or to get a life to please make necessary enquiries and please go.

So many destinies are ruined everyday in Nigeria, unfortunately we allow selfishness to have the better of us.

Just in case you might wonder: Yes, I met Nigerians hussle-ing, doing 2-3 dignifying jobs, and making ends meet. They might not be rich because they live honestly and not flamboyantly, but they are moving ahead with their lives and families.

And lastly, Mr ,
the point is not to just be rich, but to make your wealth in a legit way. Most people in the Nigerian society which are looked up to as being rich have skeletons in their cupboards, but we usually dont like talking about that either.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Blazay(m): 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2012
Instead of countering my points. . . these ijjiots are throwing insults! grin
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Godogwu: 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2012
alpha conde: In a few months I will be leaving Nigeria to europe(belgium) for a masters programe.
Do u know the problem with nigeria?
There's no rule for any procedure.
Nothing actually works.
Things are going down everyday. U can't make reasonable money in nigeria without telling a lie or doing one evil or the other. How long can this continue. I hv made money in nigeria and I know there's money in nigeria but in the process u wud trebble. If u don't connect with politicians u will find it diFficult. There are absolutely no jobs in nigeria. Educational system is terrible. Hence my choice to do an msc in europe. I plan to get back as soon as possible.
Lastly the poster has made good points but people who have sufferred in this country can hear u becuase they go to other countries with HOPE but in nigeriA there's no HOPE like we don't expect the best anytime soon.
Alpha conde

I don't know about you but every member of my family (extended and all) is pretty middle class here in Nigeria. Not to brag or anything; my dad went to UNN, my mum studied business administration in the US (this is in the 70s i may add)...to cut the story short most of my family members and relations went to prominent schools in Nigeria (i.e. UNN, UNIBEN, UNILAG,)or studied abroad. They studied hard, got their degrees and no one is regretting at the moment. They are able to give their kids the best education because education is basically a support to anyone who wants to make it in life. Recently my cousin finished school and is currently working in shell another is at zenith and this was right off the back of their graduation, so you see why I'm lost by your statement "nothing works in Nigeria". The fact that nothing works for you doesn't mean its the same for everyone...frankly dude, search yourself....

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Francheezy(m): 9:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
abeg, make pers0n cl0se d!z threaD
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Godogwu: 9:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
manny4life:

That is the loved one you know. I live in VA, and I can vouch for many folks who live in the McLean, Great Falls, Fairfax, areas. Folks that have homes worth more than $500,000. These are the folks who work in the govt, or who have their own business, or something else.

There's no template for success because you're Nigerian. Besides, how do you know what the person's purse is? He may live in an old house, but his retirement and 401k account will dwarf everything you have in this life. Please, stop using earthly stuff to judge people.

how many of those people bought those homes completely and are not mortgaging them for 30-50 years....please!
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Blazay(m): 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2012
Arsenate: you sound so frustrated and sad...lol, all U posts stinks of frustration and sadness...lol Oga abeg I no envy u o o lmao

What do you have to say to this? wink

Nigerian politics! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_eHbzBZPnA&NR=1&feature=endscreen
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2012
truth be told,when u are emigrating to any country to "make it",be aware that it will never come wasy,the citizens will always have first priority, hve to start from scratch,the recession has made most countries poaranoid,in the sense that they are tougher on immigrants,there are homeless people sleeping on the streets in the cold winter,there is crime,unempoyment...america is not heaven,do ur research well if u are seeking to emigrate
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Godogwu: 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2012
Blazay:

LOL!!!!!
I can see the purpose of this thread!
Let's have some more fun. . .

COMPARE TO: A NIGERIAN'S HOUSE IN NIGERIA!!!!

[img]http://3.bp..com/-9eCkeNsmvkA/T6pfCnWwWLI/AAAAAAAANB8/I_5ET63TzHc/s1600/las%2Bgidi.jpg[/img]

ohh so you went to bring pictures from slums and run down homes in Nigeria to justify why you live in that kinda glorified batcher yea? LOL

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2012
@op, certain elements of your post is right but all I can see is 'get rich'. Life is not all about material riches and hard work no matter where you are has not killed anyone. Riches also consist of: peace of mind, seeing the fruit of your labour whether its a monthly salary or profits from business, travelling to wherever without hassles, having the basic necessities of life and overall being happy AND satisfied. Satisfaction can come through various avenues and not riches alone. Its because of riches that people do rituals in Nigeria for money or kill their relative out of jealousy or go into armed robbery. No where is perfect but some places are better than others. There are people in Nigeria who are legitimately doing business but finding it damn hard cos of so many factors. There are thousands of graduates without jobs (mind you, not everyone can run a business). This also applies to other places in the world. Like someone commented earlier, she didn't like her job in naija and her fiance couldn't get a job in his field either, but since moving to canada it has worked out beautifully for them. All these said, I see this as another 'abroad' vs 'living in nigeria' thread. Let's live and let live. if you want to move to Nigeria, feel free and those who want to leave Nigeria pls do so. I don't see anything wrong either way. It only becomes a problem when it is borne out of desperation and people do all sorts of illegal things just to leave. One major difference I've noticed between Nigeria and abroad is that in Nigeria, almost every one wants to outdo the other that's why there's so much competition and a lot of jealousy. Its so common with africans and its very painful. Abroad, as long as your family is happy and you are happy and have the basic necessities, no one cares about how much their neighbour is making. For me, that's why Nigerians usually can't use their church mind to do things within a community except there's something in it for them and with that kind of mindset progress is ever so slow. Material Riches is not everything and No two destinies are ever the same.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by Blazay(m): 9:52pm On Dec 14, 2012
Re: The Truth About Living Abroad by erico2k2(m): 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2012
Tinkybabe: @op You've spoken the undiluted truth!thanks for the post..but trust that some people will never learn until they find themselves in the pitfall. undecided
Leave tha thing the OP is saying,ask him to go and live in 9ja for just 6 months if he dont change his statement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Warning To Women Coming To Turkey For Prostitution(photos) / Who Noticed This About Nigerians Who Have Family Members Abroad? / New Drone That Allows Humans Fly Launched (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.