Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,751 members, 7,851,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:16 PM

How Would You Feel If Your Parents Had Given You Tribal Marks? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Would You Feel If Your Parents Had Given You Tribal Marks? (543 Views)

15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? / Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Feel If Your Parents Had Given You Tribal Marks? by OCTAVO: 10:30am On Dec 15, 2012
I know some Nairalanders will certainlty have tribal marks on their faces, I don‘t mean the mild one but rather heavy tribal marks.
How does these tribal marks make you feel?
When you look at the mirror and see them what comes to your mind about your parents?
As for us that don‘t have tribal marks, assuming your parents had given you tribal marks, how would you feel?
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Parents Had Given You Tribal Marks? by k2039: 10:57am On Dec 15, 2012
I will sue them at age 18 for disfiguring my face.

On a more serious note, I will just feel bad, I know Nigerians would even make it worse in class, seriously if plastic surgery can correct it, then I will go for plastic surgery.

All in all, if nothing can be done, I will just embrace it then, they must have had good intentions when making the mark, lol.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Parents Had Given You Tribal Marks? by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2012
I've a small mark on my face, which was inscribed when I was little. I asked my mom why she allowed it and she said it was done to stop me from convulsing and the funny thing is it did work.(That was her belief then)

As I grew older, I hated it because I felt it kind of spoilt my face. I wasn't taunted/made fun of because it wasn't the easily noticeable one but I just hated seeing it on my face.

Looking at me from afar, you won't notice it until you're much closer.

Now, it looks more like an injury mark than a tribal mark. I hardly notice it when I look at the mirror.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If Your Parents Had Given You Tribal Marks? by OCTAVO: 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2012
^Incisions are quite understandable cos they are small in most cases.
You are lucky the marks are not the thick type.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Parents Had Given You Tribal Marks? by 2sexy(m): 3:32pm On Dec 15, 2012
ferhyntorlah: I've a small mark on my face, which was inscribed when I was little. I asked my mom why she allowed it and she said it was done to stop me from convulsing and the funny thing is it did work.(That was her belief then)

As I grew older, I hated it because I felt it kind of spoilt my face. I wasn't taunted/made fun of because it wasn't the easily noticeable one but I just hated seeing it on my face.

Looking at me from afar, you won't notice it until you're much closer.

Now, it looks more like an injury mark than a tribal mark. I hardly notice it when I look at the mirror.
LOL.. gone are the days for that... As little as I was then, na fight o. But you know it is in-effective when a child fights an adult. Mine isnt visible as well, except you come closer.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If Your Parents Had Given You Tribal Marks? by greatgod2012(f): 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
Honestly, there is actually nothing one can do about it than accepting one's fate. With time, one will get used to it, that one may not even remember or take cognizance that its there again.

One way that a person can easily get over it is to never allow some other people to laugh at you, instead, laugh wity them,when you notice that somebody is looking at u somehow, just throw it to him/her that "are you looking at me because of my tribal mark" and before answering you, just laugh either before he laugh or laugh with him, that settles it, within you, you will not feel like people are making jest of you but feel that you are having fun with some other people.
Meanwhile, im not with tribal marks o, lest someone think this is d way im coping with it, im just giving a psychological advice.
May God help us all.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Tickets To Inspiration Fm Jamz / 12 Things Your Mother-in-law Wants To Tell You. / Do U Have Any Problems In Ur Life???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.