Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,041 members, 7,814,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas (15931 Views)

9 Mistakes Tourists Make When Visiting Calabar / Osun Government Decorates Streets For Christmas (Photos) / Visiting Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by EBERENASAM(m): 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2012
Thanks Men! I am preparing to cum wt my chick frm Uyo
Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by blezdem(m): 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2012
Pls dont disregard the above info. If u were not a victim does nt mean others are nt involved. I live within this area mentioned. No street lights there, police are afraid to patrol most of these streets because of area boys. My advice is stay at home and watch the events live on CRBC.
Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by nasty45(m): 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2012
Funny enough people are scared of the police than they are of "eyen inoh/noh me fone"(thieves)...police can pick anybody and u'l find yursef payin bail to gerrout...and that wil be wen d carnival is over,verily u'l get bailed by january month end...BE WARNED OF THE POLICE ALSO,THEY HAVE A SPECIFIC TARGET OF MONEY TO MEET UP WIT...carnival aint fun lyk it was wit Duke...the town aint decorated yet...EHEN WR TF IS MY MARY SLESSOR STATUE BY THE ROUND ABOUT?
Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by pastie(m): 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2012
Gistben: Na only u de go the show? I de tour chrismas villa n milinium park everynite n never witness such. Polis n other security agencies are everywer. Make una no blive am oh
make una no mind him.

I guess he must be one of them.
Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by ediko5(m): 10:01pm On Dec 17, 2012
Gistben: Na only u de go the show? I de tour chrismas villa n milinium park everynite n never witness such. Polis n other security agencies are everywer. Make una no blive am oh
you sound very foolish. Did he say that hoodlums are in christmas villa or the so called millenium park?
Wel 4rm the way u talk u are a novice in calabar. Let me tel you that calaba is one of d most dangerous city in terms of street hoodlums that snatch fones, bags and haras pple to colect their money. The only things dat r nt found in calaba are: kidnaping n profesional arm robery.
Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by Kalemba1: 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2012
BROS u̶̲̥̅̊ RE TRULLY CORRECT, VIKINGS $ SKY LOW. VE TURN D AREA 2 A LOOTING $ RAPING AREANA. PALS STAY CLEAR PLS. OR U PASS THRO IBBWAY DEN PASS THRO D MAIN GATE OPPOSITE NAVAL BASE $ ENTER D STADUIM
Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by mrLt: 10:17pm On Dec 17, 2012
Am already in calabar for d carnival witnessed d carnival drive lst sunday lots of fine slim tall gals though am yet to hook up honestly eve been fun all the way am loving dis
Any chick dat is interested in hookin up should bell me on 08037509037
Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by INFO70: 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2012
The OP is making noise. There are security agents everywhere. And there are active. Come to calabs and have fun
Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by victorD3: 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2012
ebamma 3: As a calabar boy, we always pray for december to come,because from every 1st to the 31st of december the cross river state government always sponsor free shows every night at the stadium or milleninum park complex,but some criminals have taken advantage of this benevolence to rob with impunity.
As a guy who is street wise i will advice any body coming to the festival to do the following

1)avoid taking your phones to shows

2)avoid holding a large sum of money to this shows

3) If you are taking your girlfriend to shows please after the show take the nearest taxi to your abode to prevent your girlfriend from being raped by this hoodlums

4)After the shows please avoid taking the following roads because phone snatchers always lay ambush for their next victim
a)mary slessor b) bogobiri street c) queen duke street d) barracks road

5)beware be warned dont fall a victim.

I have seen all this things happen to people,please if you are visiting calabar for the festival please be safety conscious,calabar is not as safe as the government potrays it.

This is a pure display of busybody by the OP. You just described a complete Nigeria crowd situation. Btw Calabar is still the most peaceful place in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by obongtunji: 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2012
Thank you poster for the info, it wii go a long way to help those that are going to calabar for Xmas, I was once a victim of phone snatchers while I was serving in 2006, and it happened along barracks road, thank GOD I wasn't stabbed or brutalized by those boys because I showed a little bit of resistance.........lop
Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by ediko5(m): 11:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
INFO70: The OP is making noise. There are security agents everywhere. And there are active. Come to calabs and have fun
I have said this b4 calaba is only safe 4 d rich n nt 4 d common man. U take caly to b a peaceful city yes maybe in d case of christmas festival show at d stadium, after d show u jst get into ur car n drive n that makes u tink that d is security. Have u ever walked 2ru etim edem or even calaba road where atakpa police station is located at night? I gues no cos if u'av then u won't b saying this.
There is no street in caly that u won't find fone snatchers apart 4rm places lyk state n fedral housin n ndidem iso n marian.

1 Like

Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by OOLUSOGA(m): 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2012
Nice post. for those who are going pls listen to advice. happy xmas in advance. thanks for dis info.
Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by ikennahill: 4:49am On Dec 18, 2012

he gave good advice why presecute him.it is for u to take or leave
Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by 5much(m): 8:12am On Dec 18, 2012
thanks for this info. noted.
Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by Oceemo(m): 8:16am On Dec 18, 2012
searay: 6. If you are going to shows go with your weed, in case you come in contact with the bad boys they will think that you are one of them.
men i d urside no b wen u luk scared dem go get u lol......
Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by ediko5(m): 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2012
The govt of cross river are just making noise about security when the securities are only for the rich and not for the poor n common man. The truth behind the security atmosphere of calabar is that the rich move freely without harasment while d poor are vulnurable to attack by hoodlums. The rich live in areas lyk state housin, federal housin n ndidem iso where d is adequate security n even with dat the hoodlums in calaba are not high level criminals lyk the ones who wil find in places in port harcourt n therefore they r afraid of the rich because the people they can realy confront are pedastrians but they rich move with their car always
Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by eggo: 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2012
its truly not as safe as before,,, no harm in putting extra efforts to be careful tho...
Re: Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas by Promolysis(m): 7:41pm On Dec 18, 2012
isangedigh:

Help me ask am abeg! We way dem born cum grow for calabar nothing like that abeg. U only want to write something forget this matter.

Calabar has always been safe and will continue to be safe. Stop this story abeg no drive our customers mbok ette!!
sarap, i school in unical wot the op said is nothing but the truth

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take To Get A Job In The US / Two Escape Death As Car, Truck Collide In Lagos / Sudan Crisis: Nigerians Stranded At Egyptian Border — FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.