Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,967 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? (3570 Views)

Van Gaal Tells Fellaini, Nani, Anderson, Rafael And Javier Hernandez To Leave Ma / Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) / Is Coach Eguavovon Doing Great Or Do We Still Need Foreign Coach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by Chacal: 12:51pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ Loyika,

The Old Lady?
Blimey. . . . Are Arsenal playing JUVENTUS?
Stop reading all these Myles Palmer's blogs. . . . .Its stoving ur head in.

Milan's injury crisis is at it's worst.
Based on that factor. . . Arsenal are slight favourites but San Siro remains the biggest test.
If u repeat Saturday's performance. . . . Milan will get the odd goal and win the tie.

12 games to go?
If anyone can chase Arsenal out of the top position. . . .Ferguson can.
We shall let our footie do the talking. . . . . like we did on Saturday after Gallas was barking his loud-ass mouth to the media.
In FERGIE we still TRUST. grin cheesy
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by eldee(m): 12:52pm On Feb 19, 2008
@loyika
I totally understand where u're coming from
it's true the english fotball culture doesn't encourage showboating but you have to agree with me that it is gradually creeping in
unlike the old days when you go to parks and see children just shooting the ball into the sky, now  see them trying to do the Joe Cole and C Ronaldo thingy
Fine, when the EPL was 71% English, every one was into the kick-and-follow game
but with the influx of the foreigners, new ideas are being introduced
just look at the idea of playing EPL matches abroad, it was unthinkable about five years ago

An analyst on Metro once said football changes faster than any other culture in England, english people have come to accept it as part of football
Jay-jay wowed the fans with his tricks when he had a piece of almost every Arsenal player, he got accolades the next month
when henry did hid his own against Boro last two seasons, he was praised profusely

@jackal
I think Nani's case was highlighted because it was a top-derby and the revenge from Gallas and Flamini
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by loyika(m): 12:54pm On Feb 19, 2008
Is it not possible for the Scum to win the CL Damn even Liverpool can win the CL, ITS A FLIPPING CUP COMPETITION!!

Anyways, i missed that cause i was busy looking at this;

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article3393526.ece

Chacal tongue grin

My mistake, i was refering to Milan though, confused the Juve "Old lady" mantra.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by Chacal: 1:00pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ Loyika,

Those are the effects of tugging at Myles Palmer's undies. grin grin grin

Honestly, why do u like Myles so much.
I think he is one of the most myopic soccer analyst in this country.
He pisses me off with his Fab4 is god theory and i can never take him serious at all.

What did he say after the battering on saturday?
Lemme guess. . . . The pitch, the weather, the food was poisoned, the formation, the gaffer.
Myles Palmer is a serial self-servicer. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by ritchboy(m): 1:01pm On Feb 19, 2008
I cant believe dis iz even an issue.If nani likes let him put d ball in his shirt and1 style.He does it @ his own risk.Flamini was havin none of it,savage woulda broken his metatarsals.
Very soon players would be criticised for celebrating goals.
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by 4Play(m): 1:03pm On Feb 19, 2008
If an only if the contract is ever proved as forged,we get our £6m back from Lyn and Utd can very well afford another £6m.Its not like as if Chelski had already paid us the full £12m anyway

Is it not possible for the Scum to win the CL Huh Damn even Liverpool can win the CL, ITS A FLIPPING CUP COMPETITION!!

Is that why you guys have never won it? grin Its just a 'flipping cup' competition.When you tits were celebrating the Almighty Amsterdam Tournament,one would have thought you won the World Cup(hey,the WC,another flipping cup)

PS:According to Gayners,Myles Palmer is unbelievebly stupid
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by loyika(m): 1:06pm On Feb 19, 2008
Eldee

Don't get me wrong bro, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH NANI SHOWBOATING!! Shyte even made me laugh, what i was saying was that i understand when folks see it as being disrecpectful, whether it is done by an Arsenal player or not.

Nani could "fart" the ball into an empty net for all i care, makes no difference to me, it won't change the result of the game, but then folks shouldn't complain when footballers react back.

Bolton players usually did it to Arsenal players, who Alladyke presented as "Showponies", and they repeated that same antic against United, with Kevin Davies and Nolan kicking lumps out of Evra, just because they felt he was "Showboating".

Evra went on to report that he asked the Bolton player why he was kicking him, and the player responded; "Cause i don't like you". In that game Bolton bullied United to a loss, and Fergie complained that the Bolton squad were "Bordering on Violence".

Eitherway, its a "Catch 22" situation, like i said, Nani would have had an earful if Keano was still playing for United, not saying that it would have been right or wrong, just saying that i understand the views that it was uncalled for.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by Chacal: 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ Loyika,

Thanks for clearing the AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell us what Myles Palmer said concerning the game. grin grin grin

P.S. Can i call u Loyiks Palmer? shocked tongue
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by loyika(m): 1:15pm On Feb 19, 2008
Chacal tongue

This is actually what he said;

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=901&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42

Eitheway, whether you like him or not, ANR is one of the most popular Sport blogs in the world, and Myles has paid his dues in Music and Sports journalism (more on the music side though).

He isn't as bad as you make him seem, and he criticises Arsenal as much as he praises them.

He has even come out to say, he is not trully a "Gooner" in as much as follow the club from childhood, but started supporting/watching Arsenal, when became the manager, before that he was really into spurs, having written well known books on Spurs and their managers.

Anyways, what difference does it make, you still won't see anything good in anyone that has any relation to Arsenal FC, even if Jesus comes down and says; Arsenal are a good club, you wouldn't spare[i] "Our Lord"[/i] from your Anti Arsenal wrath cheesy cheesy cheesy

SO WHAT ELSE IS NEW!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by 4Play(m): 1:16pm On Feb 19, 2008
Here is another not so flattering description of Myles Palmer,Loyika's idol,by fellow Gayners:

ANR (Arsenal News Review)[/b]An idiosyncratic site, making it a good read. Main columnist Myles Palmer is more of a Myles Palmer fan than an Arsenal fan, but his interesting/irritating [b]ramblings are nicely offset by Ian Grant. He's a real fan whose concise and revealing (but not as frequent as we'd like) round-ups of Arsenal stories from the media are as good a way of keeping up with things as they were back when he started ANR started here, as Arseweb News Reviews.

[url]http://www.arseweb.com/cgi-bin/linkindexer/cat.pl?cat=Fan%20Sites[/url]

With such a reputation,even amongst Gayners,why anyone will take him serious beggars belief.I would rather quote Milly Vanilly on Football than such a 'rambler'.
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by presido1: 1:18pm On Feb 19, 2008
In case you missed the game you can watch the moment here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm4unXaoih0
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by Chacal: 1:31pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ Loyika,

That was a brilliant piece of article by Myles Palmer. . . . . . . It must be a one-off. . . . I have read over 160 piece of trumpery from him in the past.
So he aint a doofus afterall. . . . .He completely disgraced Arsenal especially Ade's dive and Eboue's foul on Evra.
Does any Arsenal fan still wears Eboue's football shirt? How can M.Palmer say Eboue has no football brain. . . .Thats a bit racist. grin grin grin

This caught ma eye. . . . ."Anderson is an exciting midfielder that Sir Alex admits he signed for next season, planning to feed him into the team gradually. But now he can't leave Anderson out and we can all see why.
The lad is a fireball but not just a high-energy warrior. He is a high-energy technician who can create and destroy, who can win it and pass it, who can swing it across the pitch, who can explode forward with the ball or in support of his own passes.
Combining maximum aggression with maximum technique, Anderson is a phenomenal gladiator who will soon be playing regularly alongside Kaka in the Brazilian national team."

Tell u what. . . . . Myles Palmer has just won another fan over. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by loyika(m): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2008
I-man

That Arsenal-Mania forum stuff was from 2006 Nice one mate tongue

As i said, Gunners complain about Myles because he spends as much time criticising the club, as he does praising it.

Its the same way Arsenal supporters feel about Alan hansen and the whole MOTD crew, its the same way gunners feel about Ian Wright and his column in the Mirror (i think).

Myles P speaks his mind, and love him or loathe him, they still won't stop reading him. Arseblogger is more Pro Arsenal in his stance, cause he is a true Irish Gooner through and through, unlike Myles, who is not really a Gooner. The same way, Guardian don't let Amy Lawrence write on Arsenal issues because she is a born and bred Gooner, or how the BBC restrict M Bose from Arsenal stories, cause he is a "Gooner".

Hansen is allowed to write on Liverpool, and usually is kind to them. Its like Lawro, if he predicts that United will lose a game, United fans will lambast him on their forums, but if he says they will win, they quote him (same for all supporters).

So like i said, Myles P speaks his mind, he doesn't ask for anyone to agree with them, afterall, You and Chacal speak your minds all the time, and 70% of folks on Nairaland think its "Bunkum" grin grin grin

The other 30% are Scummies, who use you both as shields to defend their lack of footie knowledge grin grin

If you hate Myles so much, start your own blog, at least Akinlabi has his undecided been there, don't see much, but respect him for the views he expresses. cool

We all await, I-MAN'S BLOG ZONE!! cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by Chacal: 1:44pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ Loyika,

70% think what i spew is bunkum? I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is true i love getting under GAYnners' skins but when it comes to the crunch. . . .i speak the truth and nuthing but the truth. cheesy cheesy cheesy
I will start publishing the positive reviews i get from GAYnners every evening on ma YIM. . . . They got mad RESPECT for ma views. grin grin

I don't have a problem with Myles Palmer. . . . I have a problem with the way u suck up to him.
In all honesty, he writes very well and he criticises a lot but i also think he has the ability to speak from the 2 sides of his fucking mouth. cheesy cheesy
After reading this article, i am now a convinced fan . . . . .nothing makes me happier than seeing peops diss ARSENAL. tongue tongue tongue

I hate ARSENAL with a PASSION. wink wink wink
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by eldee(m): 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2008
You and Chacal speak your minds all the time, and 70% of folks on Nairaland think its "Bunkum"   

The other 30% are Scummies, who use you both as shields to defend their lack of footie knowledge 

If you hate Myles so much, start your own blog, at least Akinlabi has his  been there, don't see much, but respect him for the views he expresses.

We all await, I-MAN'S BLOG ZONE!!

lmao. . .so true, some just chat sh*t and wait for them to come out to defend cheesy

Personally, I hate Palmer, the dude always goes out of the way in dissing us, he's like a MOTD in Arsenal stands.
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by 4Play(m): 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2008
@Chacal

Myles Palmer wrote that? Then he has more wisdom than I initially gave him credit for.I must admit,I never read articles written by the "enemy" so I wouldn't know Myles Palmer from my testicles.

I cannot even bear to click on the link Loyika provided,can't be found reading an Arsenal link,its like being found checking out pedophile sites. . . . . . .the Police might barge in through the door.

@Loyika

You standing up for Mr P makes me think he must be clueless.That is how I see it.

70%? People can't stand objective analysis,that is why!Not that I agree with your figure but I am an objective fan who is fair to all teams including Arsenal

PS:I have my own football blog but can't be bothered to read it,I have forgotten the link grin
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by loyika(m): 2:00pm On Feb 19, 2008
I man  cheesy cheesy

your objectivity about Arsenal is as recognised as Bin laden's love for the Saudi Royals grin grin grin

Anyway, compared to Chacal, YOU ARE GOLD grin grin

Comeon click on the link i gave you grin grin YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!! grin grin

Anyways, I have re discovered your lost link;

www.bunkumblog.com

grin grin grin

cool GOONER 89

Who's your money on, Inter or Liverpool
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by Chacal: 2:35pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ Loyika,

You are a twit!!!!!!

I am the most objective football fan on this forum. . . .

The 70% pillocks u were talking about are GAYnners who cannot see beyond their noses.
They have the uncanny ability to believe any pub gist line, hook and sinker.
I think that is more prevalent among Nigerian GAYnners,  . . . . . They just spew applesauce without doing proper checks.
All of a sudden . . . .Arsenal was the richest club in september and they all went beserk. . . . .now they are 5th. . .

It was just like when Nigerians were claiming TEARS OF THE SUN(MOVIE) was acted in NIGERIA. grin grin
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by loyika(m): 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2008
shocked shocked Was it not shocked shocked

Damn!! sad At least part of "Phat Girls" was grin grin

Chacal, you are as objective as Dayokanu cheesy cheesy

cool GOONER 89
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by Chacal: 3:04pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ Loyika,

NIGERIANS claimed they saw Bruce Willis in Onitsha(Debosky's village) while the movie was being shot.
They lied about seeing Tomahawk and different gunships hovering around the eastern parts of Nigeria.
All these tales were LIES. . . . . white elephant lies.

TEARS OF THE SUN was shot in HAWAII.
I was shocked when i saw the DVD disc B when Antoine Fuqua mentioned it.
Who woulda thunk all those rain forest schitzo was in America?

Phat Girls? i haven't even seen that. . . . .what is it about?
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by akinalabi(m): 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2008
I did a search on google for "Nani's Showboating" to get other
views and this thread came up on the first page. It's slipped to
second however.

Back to the issue.

I'm still staggered this is an issue. I was watching "You're on
Sky Sports" last night and I heard Alan Mullery trying to justify
Gallas' kick on Nani.

This is insane.
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by dayokanu(m): 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2008
Chacal, you are as objective as Dayokanu

One good thing in Jackals life.

We all see it very often when a player in the course of the match would take the ball towards the corner flag and waste time Does that qualify as showboating?

Putting the ball thru the legs of a players what we call toros in Nigeria can that be called showboating?

C. Ronaldo's fancy flicks on the field and step overs are those showboating techniques too?

The keeper delaying kickout till the opposing striker rush to him and he then picks the ball up is that showboating too?
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by Chacal: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

What do u expect from a drunkard?
They didn't talk about Rooney's naughtiness when he wouldn't let go of the ball and eventually got a yellow card!
Nani is a portugeezer and all of a sudden he was show-boating and he deserved to be kicked.

@ Dayokanu,

Singing on the terraces is now showboating cos it upsets the away fans.
Bicycle kick is now showboating cos a player shouldn't be doing what will upset his fellow professionals.
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2008
Showboating?
Why,what about Henry?
Arsenal fans,coaches,players-be quiet.Because the taunts are on you,it's now an issue.When you do it to smaller clubs (Derby,Watford et al),it's skill and their feelings don't matter,but when your rival does it to you,it's blue murder.So you want to end his career with lunging tackles and vicious kicks.Rather surprising it's coming from a team who everyone says plays neat footbal, but as we saw,they are a bunch of thugs and cheats.
Of course,Wenger never saw it,it would take quite a lot for him to see anything beyond that pointed beak of a nose he has.
How about Adebayor's drowning dive?Or Flamini's murderous tackle?Or Gallas' kick?I would have thought the inquest would have begun from within.But the hypocritical gunner's can't see anything wrong.
Was waiting to hear about flying pies in the tunnel after the game,because they are a bunch of SORE losers,
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2008
@Jackal,
Keepers who stop goal bound shots are irritating the opposing team and therefore showshipping
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by presido1: 7:01pm On Feb 19, 2008
Infact their should be no lines men or ref again in football cos them being there equates to showboating. cool cool cool
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by loyika(m): 10:33am On Feb 20, 2008
Like i said; i have no problem with Nani blowing bubbles from his arse, but let no one complain when he is hacked down and injured for like 4 months.

Cause thats whats going to happen, if he tries that act against other teams like Blackburn and Bolton.

I hope when you guys get to play POMPEY again this season, Nani plays and decides to do his act.

I really see a lot of time on the sideline injured for this lad, at least C Ronaldo has strenght and can ride the challenges and kicks he gets from defenders, i really don't see Nani being that strong undecided OH WELL!! TIME WILL TELL!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by Chacal: 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ Loyika,

Like gaffer like fan.
I can't believe u are an advocate of violence. U are hoping Nani gets hacked down because he is expressing himself on the pitch?
How pathetic and devilish are y'all gaynners? When Henry was taking the piss outta players on the pitch. . . did u wish him this bad?
When Pires and Henry decided to take the dummy penalty-kick. . . . Did u wish their airplane to crash in the atlantic ocean?

Nuthing will happen to Nani if he decides to showboat in the next 100 matches.
He will only bait more players into getting match suspensions. How many times have u seen Ronaldo injured/stretchered off the pitch?
In the last 12-18 months. . . . .Ronaldo is yet to suffer any major knock. . .
Now, Lets count the number of players that have been booked as a result of violent conduct/tackles against ronaldo.
That ratio makes ur comment look foolish. . . . . I pray Eboue/Flamini tries it again in April and we shall see who would face the gun.

Buncha pathetic cowards!!!!!
Arsenal players choose their targets and they bully em on the pitch.
When Rooney was dilly-dallying with the ball after a foul was called. . . . . why didn't Toure or Gilberto kick him?
Can Flamini or Gallas kick Wazza the way they kept kicking Nani?
He would fucking punch their gypsy faces out of their cranium and get 13 match suspension.
Its BLOOD at OT in April.
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by loyika(m): 1:29pm On Feb 20, 2008
Chacal

I never said i wanted him to be injured, i just said, ya'll shouldn't complain when he gets hacked down.

Anyway, time will tell. I just hope he does more of those against teams like Bolton.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by dayokanu(m): 2:18pm On Feb 20, 2008
Let them hack him down and face the consequences. Next thing a warning would be sent to Ronaldo to stop his step overs that has created a lot of goals
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by eldee(m): 2:48pm On Feb 20, 2008
@loyika
it's aight, let's leave him then
this should have been a forgotten issue if Fergayson did not start complaining about how Gallas escaped punishment
let him enjoy himself and have fun. . .
Henry is still telling the story with his ever-present injury grin
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by loyika(m): 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2008
Eldee

I hear you bro cool

Like i said, TIME WILL TELL!!

cool GOONER 89

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Messi Could Face Up To Six Years In Prison. / Greatest African Players To Have Played For Chelsea And Manchester United / Ronaldo Is Now The Second Worst Free-kick Taker In Serie A History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.