Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? (3571 Views)

Van Gaal Tells Fellaini, Nani, Anderson, Rafael And Javier Hernandez To Leave Ma / Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) / Is Coach Eguavovon Doing Great Or Do We Still Need Foreign Coach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by manu4laif: 4:02pm On Feb 20, 2008
Looked at that stuff again and I am not fully convinced that there was anything particularly wrong(or disrespectful) with it considering that Nani was always under pressure from the Hoyte all the time he was with the ball. Really it's the job of the opposition to make people pay for doing unnecessary things with the ball. Please read  the book 'MY BAD' by Rene Higuita(90 World Cup) cool
I seen JayJay CR and Ronaldinho do stuff commentators refer to as sheer brilliance or ' pure class'. Some a lot worse than this . I however agree that Latin born and African players tend to show off just a bit . What will the game be without them . Nuff said.

@Loyiks, MCKIT,Debosky and Co,
Sorry for the hammering. No need to rub it in , my guys have done that eloquentl.  cool So in the spirit of equity justice and fairplay I will not release the titles I promised .  lipsrsealed

However my roving eye  shocked shocked caught a 3rd rate low budget slapstick tragi-comedy  grin starring  the The Emmanuel Brothers titled "The Up , The Mid and The Ground" . GOLLYWOOD will soon rival Nollywood at this rate. grin grin

Happy for Nani . He puts in so much like Ronny did when he first came. Am sure Baba will gently mold him into a more consistent player

WAN UNITED
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by tkb417(m): 7:53am On Feb 22, 2008
Meeen
this forum has generated so much.
Its good.

I insist Wenger should have been quite about Nani's showboating bundle of skills, he should have told Gallas to cut the violent play.

Thinking objectively, what do you guys think can spark off skirmishes on the field?
Nani's showoff or Gallas's kick?
I think the latter should be condemned not Nani's.

What he did, Henry has done times and times over, Zola did while with Chelsea, Okocha while with Bolton, et al. We cant stop a guy from exhibiting his God given talent.
The rivalry between Ghana and Nigeria could be likened to what obtains between United and Assanal. We all saw what the Ghanians did immediately they scored the second goal. are we gonna acuse them of disrespecting the Eagles?

Footie has gone beyond the direct approach we were used to, you have to be cunny and crafty to be able to win games.

In short, Nani has done no wrong by showing he is gifted in the roundleather game
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by segunpc(m): 11:36am On Feb 22, 2008
A PLayer can do whatever he wants to do with the ball so long its not against the rule of the game.

so gilberto silva is not suppose to b telling nani not to do what he knows how to do.

all players are suppose to express themselves on the turf.
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by jgirl3: 1:43pm On Feb 22, 2008
Just to refresh everyone's memory smiley I saw nothing wrong with it and Nani was not even smiling.
http://manutd4fan..com/2008/02/nani-showboat-against-arsenal-in-fa-cup.html
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by A40(m): 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2008
He didnt handle the ball and they had already gotten the job done on the pitch so what is everyone on about? Football is about entertainment now i enjoyed it to be honest even thoughg we where a gazillion goals down
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by loyika(m): 5:17pm On Feb 22, 2008
Will you all give this Nani stuff a rest. tongue tongue

Or is this also some "Showboating" skill from the NL Scummies grin grin

Ya'll should let this die a peaceful death.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by tkb417(m): 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2008
Will you all give this Nani stuff a rest.

Or is this also some "Showboating" skill from the Nairaland Scummies

grin grin grin
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by holythug(m): 5:59pm On Feb 22, 2008
d guy sabi play o so call a spade a spade
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by holythug(m): 7:53pm On Feb 22, 2008
abi i lie tongue
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by jgirl3: 9:06pm On Feb 22, 2008
loyika:

Will you all give this Nani stuff a rest. tongue tongue

Or is this also some "Showboating" skill from the Nairaland Scummies grin grin

It was your coach that said it, I'm just milking it.
Re: Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? by AKABASH: 11:31pm On Feb 22, 2008
Honestly, I donot think that he did it delibrately in the first instance when he juggled the ball with his head. He however,started enjoying it and it is good thing that he was kicked like a small he is.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results / Mikel Named Super Eagles Captain / Play/win/cash Out Steadily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.