Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,346 members, 7,836,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History (9603 Views)

Kwakwanso’s Insult On Yoruba Elders Will Not Go Unanswered: femi Fani-kayode / GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ / Boko Haram On Yoruba Soil Is A Declaration Of War - OPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by aribisala0(m): 1:31pm On Dec 19, 2012
Dede1:

What a fool I am . See my life as I dey rotten for old age. I forgot suicide is a valid option, olodo.
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Dede1(m): 1:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
It is laughable to read junks from revisionists who had desperately attempted to circumvent the true or accurate account of Oduduwa and Ife as given by Oba of Benin and historians of Edo ancestry. It is a known fact that Oyo-ile was situated in a place 30 miles north of Ilorin before the eviction. Some of us know how to perform simple addition. I urge the revisionists to allow us a moment of social decorum on this forum by applying breaks on telling makeshift stories of wrestling matches known as kiriji wars.

It must be noted these wrestling matches over tubers of yam or cassava and deceitfully tagged as Kiriji wars came after the infamous eviction from a place currently in Niger State. It is safe to conclude the story of Oduduwa and Ife by Oba of Benin and Edo historians seemed to be more correct than the cock and bull fairy tales about the wrestling matches aka Kiriji.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by aribisala0(m): 1:45pm On Dec 19, 2012
Dede1: Those people wey talk say"man no die man no rotten" na lie dem talk. See me; I am not dead but I am literally decomposing into human manure.
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by TonySpike: 2:04pm On Dec 19, 2012
As a diversion, I heard that the very last Dahomey-Egba war was brutal. The Dahomeans were said to have failed considerably in that war. The Yorubas should give credit to Egbas for holding back the Dahomeans' incursion(s). Can anyone tell me which side used women as warriors?
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Desola(f): 2:04pm On Dec 19, 2012
Dede1: It is laughable to read junks from revisionists who had desperately attempted to circumvent the true or accurate account of Oduduwa and Ife as given by Oba of Benin and historians of Edo ancestry. It is a known fact that Oyo-ile was situated in a place 30 miles north of Ilorin before the eviction. Some of us know how to perform simple addition. I urge the revisionists to allow us a moment of social decorum on this forum by applying breaks on telling makeshift stories of wrestling matches known as kiriji wars.

It must be noted these wrestling matches over tubers of yam or cassava and deceitfully tagged as Kiriji wars came after the infamous eviction from a place currently in Niger State. It is safe to conclude the story of Oduduwa and Ife by Oba of Benin and Edo historians seemed to be more correct than the cock and bull fairy tales about the wrestling matches aka Kiriji.

and how does the alleged contortion of facts concern you or anyone of your ethnicity?

Weren't you supposed to concern yourself with all things biafrog alone?

I really do not understand your pain in this matter at all.

Perhaps you are trying to compensate for your own lack of history?
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by aribisala0(m): 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2012
Desola:

and how does the alleged contortion of facts concern you or anyone of your ethnicity?

Why are you talking like this naa?? Every lunatic has a history!! It is called psychiatric history. In this case he has been mad for a long time. Ever since his rat poison business failed.As the rats were eating his poison with impunity

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Katsumoto: 2:22pm On Dec 19, 2012
Tony Spike: As a diversion, I heard that the very last Dahomey-Egba war was brutal. The Dahomeans were said to have failed considerably in that war. The Yorubas should give credit to Egbas for holding back the Dahomeans' incursion(s). Can anyone tell me which side used women as warriors?

Dahomey used female warriors called Amazons by Europeans.
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Katsumoto: 2:27pm On Dec 19, 2012
alj harem:

I find that a bit confusing. I mean did Egba town get to cotonuo and co before dahomey conquered it.

Dahomey was simply trying to expand eastwards; Cotonou was in Dahomey territory.
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Katsumoto: 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2012
Desola:

Jaye-jaye lawa...

Eko for show!

Eko wenjele!

Eko aromi sa legbe, legbe.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin

While Dayokanu, Hercules, TunnyTox (Ibadan,Oyo,Ogbomoso) were fighting Kilode (Ekiti), Seanet, Bluetooth (Egba), Saxywale (Ife), Shymexx (Ijebu), and Jarus (Ilorin), Chief Dudu Negro was arguing with the white man and OAM4J was toasting Isale Gan gan and partying with Desola.
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Dede1(m): 2:33pm On Dec 19, 2012
Desola:

Have you forgotten the cultural etiquette inculcated in you by your mother on how to address your oko? Or have you forgotten the concerns of an In-law? I hate folks whose stock of trade is contortion of historical facts.

I have never expressed any concern towards your delusions such as biafrog. If you honestly deduced I am compensating for lack of recorded events, you need to get your oblongata checked.
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Katsumoto: 2:39pm On Dec 19, 2012
Dede1:

Have you forgotten the cultural etiquette inculcated in you by your mother on how to address your oko? Or have you forgotten the concerns of an In-law? I hate folks whose stock of trade is contortion of historical facts.

I have never expressed any concern towards your delusions such as biafrog. If you honestly deduced I am compensating for lack of recorded events, you need to get your oblongata checked.

Ok Dede1

It is time to tell that tale of when Ndigbo fought back Fulani invasion during the Akagbe debacle (your words). grin grin grin
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Dede1(m): 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2012
Katsumoto:

Ok Dede1

It is time to tell that tale of when Ndigbo fought back Fulani invasion during the Akagbe debacle (your words). grin grin grin

Do not pay any mind to the loudmouthed Yoruba lady called Desola. I am having fun with lengthy and often winded conjectural tales of wrestling matches known as Kiriji wars narrated by abler revisionists such as you.
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by aribisala0(m): 2:49pm On Dec 19, 2012
Dede1:

Do not pay any mind to me. I am a loudmouthed decrepit dotard living out my remaining overtime in desolate misery.
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Katsumoto: 2:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
Dede1:

Do not pay any mind to the loudmouthed Yoruba lady called Desola. I am having fun with lengthy and often winded conjectural tales of wrestling matches known as Kiriji wars narrated by abler revisionists such as you.

Hahahaha

You do know that is copy right infringement. You started referring to the Kiriji war as a wrestling contest after I jokingly stated that Igbo hamlets settled communal disputes through wrestling contests. And I said the Akagbe debacle was more likely a fight between a tiv man and an Igbo man over a tuber of yam. Learn to be original Dede1. In any case, the Kiriji war and its consequent treaties are well recorded by the Brits. Can you yell us about the events recorded by the Brits in Alaigbo? grin grin grin

You are having fun by surreptitiously chasing her, referring to yourself as her oko? Ko. In any case, I am sure Desola is a young lady and will not ....... grin grin
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Tolexander: 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2012
Dede1:

you better run now before physicsQED comes around to handle you again.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2012
Katsumoto:

In any case, I am sure Desola is a young lady and will not ....... grin grin

.....be caught dead with shrivelled old Dede?

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by aribisala0(m): 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2012
Katsumoto:

Hahahaha

You do know that is copy right infringement. You started referring to the Kiriji war as a wrestling contest after I jokingly stated that Igbo hamlets settled communal disputes through wrestling contests. And I said the Akagbe debacle was more likely a fight between a tiv man and an Igbo man over a tuber of yam. Learn to be original Dede1. In any case, the Kiriji war and its consequent treaties are well recorded by the Brits. Can you yell us about the events recorded by the Brits in Alaigbo? grin grin grin

You are having fun by surreptitiously chasing her, referring to yourself as her oko? Ko. In any case, I am sure Desola is a young lady and will not ....... grin grin
Stranger snakes have crept into darker clefts but I know this he goat is a wether now so he is neutralized
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Jarus(m): 3:22pm On Dec 19, 2012
hmmnnnnn
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Jarus(m): 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2012
Dudu_Negro: thank you OAM.

I dont blame all the people according Alaafin the preeminence seat on the race.....I only wish Eko had participated in the Kiriji war, descendants of sword wielding warlords would not today have mouth to argue about Oyo vs Ife. We would have canonballed all of you to surrender and youd paying homeage to Iga Idungaran today. Nonsense! angry

Chief, just connecting some dots, are you ffrom Duduyemi family of Ife?
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by olawalebabs(m): 3:33pm On Dec 19, 2012
Who am I talk when titans are talking, I see Oyo as the Political capital of Yorubaland, while Ife as the traditional capital head.
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by aribisala0(m): 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2012
Firstly there never was,before Nigeria,a "YORUBALAND".
Let us be clear on that. So to talk of headship of Yorubaland is like talking about the headship of Fuji musicians, we all know where that discussion will end.

Some parts of Yorubaland were once under Oyo hegemony while many others were not. The issue of Ife is not about spiritual "headship" as any one who understands Ifa or Yoruba traditional religion will attest. Ife is not a "spiritual home" of all Yorubas. Ife has,in some traditions, a symbolism as the place where all life began. Many other Yorubas have myths about their Origins in Ife some do not. None of this has anything to do with the status or institution of Ooni. Ooni as an Institution has no particular resonance or importance in Yoruba history.

The present Ooni is no doubt very wealthy and Influential and has sought to project some Yoruba wide aura or dominance.
This did not exist before and is not really sustainable quite simply because Yorubaness or Yorubaism is a 20th century construct which some seek to cement on 17th century stilts.

The question quite simply is if there were a Yoruba nation under one king who would it be ? The answer is such a nation is not possible. Never was or can be.No doubt Erstwhile Alaafins came closest to achieving that but never quite succeeded. The Ooniship would be a complete non-starter in such a dream. It is important for people to pause and separate the Ooni as an institution from the place of Ife in Yoruba history they are separate and unrelated.
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by olaezebala: 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2012
Can anyone really tell me if Ooni is a direct descendant of Oduduwa? "Oonirisa", is suppose to be the "Abore" who took over the thrown of Ife when all the legitimate children of Oduduwa were not around. This simple truth is what this present Ooni should face. He is rich with great influence no doubt, but He is still the descendant of Abore who are not legitimate owner of the throne he is sitting one and should show some respect to the true son of oduduwa.
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2012
hypeman:

Thanks for article bro. - this is shymmex... OAM4J banned my other handle for no reason whatsoever... Yoruba history is so broad, I didn't even know that Ijebu people had so many clans - I thought we had just one ancestral link(which is Obanta)... Great stuff - I guess I have got to do more scholarships about Ijebus and Yoruba people in general...

Off topic:

I read somewhere that the name "Yoruba" was actually a derogatory Hausa word(Yarbawa) for Oyo people, and that the standard written Yoruba was actually done in Oyo dialect... Hence, why certain Yoruba clans(olukunmis and Itsekiris) don't consider themselves Yoruba because they migrated before we started bearing the name... And Oyo people are called: "Ara Oke" - meaning people of the highlands or hinterlands... Also, the Itsekiris don't refer to Yoruba people as Yoruba, but by the name of their towns e.g Owo = Irowo(ara owo), Ondo = Ir’ondo(ara ondo) etc.

How true is this??

Thanks in advance..
Hey Shymmex, wrt the question you asked. That question has been discussed in great length on this old thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/44534/what-yorubas-called-before-19th

Katsumoto:

Hahahaha

grin grin grin,
I remember that thread...funny how dede is now using Kats line....that's what I call brotherly love.
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Dede1(m): 7:10pm On Dec 19, 2012
grin
Katsumoto:

Hahahaha

Make sure prudence is on your side while attending to a worthy In-law like me.grin It is funny you have foolishly arrogated the invention of the phrase-“wrestling match” to yourself. I guess you invented Nairaland too.
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 19, 2012
aribisala0: Why are you talking like this naa?? Every lunatic has a history!! It is called psychiatric history. In this case he has been mad for a long time. Ever since his rat poison business failed.As the rats were eating his poison with impunity
Lmaooooo
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Katsumoto: 8:46pm On Dec 19, 2012
Dede1: grin

Make sure prudence is on your side while attending to a worthy In-law like me.grin It is funny you have foolishly arrogated the invention of the phrase-“wrestling match” to yourself. I guess you invented Nairaland too.

Mazi Dede1

Please follow the context of the discussion. wink cheesy cool

Second, don't Igbo guys always brag about how strong they are and about how they can break others, most usually Yoruba, into two two with their bare hands. Can't you recollect how one of your brothers most famously declared that a true warrior is one who would drop his weapons and challenge his opponents to a physical duel? grin grin grin grin
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Dede1(m): 12:25am On Dec 20, 2012
aribisala0: Why are you talking like this naa?? Every lunatic has a history!! It is called psychiatric history. In this case he has been mad for a long time. Ever since his rat poison business failed.As the rats were eating his poison with impunity

I am not surprised you showed such a great interest in rat poison. Should we raise suicidal alarm since you are staunch supporter of Awolowo?
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Dede1(m): 12:35am On Dec 20, 2012
Katsumoto:

Mazi Dede1

Please follow the context of the discussion. wink cheesy cool

Second, don't Igbo guys always brag about how strong they are and about how they can break others, most usually Yoruba, into two two with their bare hands. Can't you recollect how one of your brothers most famously declared that a true warrior is one who would drop his weapons and challenge his opponents to a physical duel? grin grin grin grin

Omo, you have to chill because Ndigbo do more than dwell on stories about wrestling matches. Ndigbo do not turn a mere wrestling match into a story about war of attrition. The act of indulgence in such fairy tales is left for women.
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by aribisala0(m): 12:50am On Dec 20, 2012
Dede1:

Omo,I no get myself again! I just dey craze dey go small small
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by aribisala0(m): 12:54am On Dec 20, 2012
Dede1:

I am not denying I once sold rat poison. It is debatable whether the business failed?
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by DuduNegro: 1:01am On Dec 20, 2012
Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin grin

While Dayokanu, Hercules, TunnyTox (Ibadan,Oyo,Ogbomoso) were fighting Kilode (Ekiti), Seanet, Bluetooth (Egba), Saxywale (Ife), Shymexx (Ijebu), and Jarus (Ilorin), Chief Dudu Negro was arguing with the white man and OAM4J was toasting Isale Gan gan and partying with Desola.

my friend do you know why the British remained suspicious of Yoruba intention the whole time they were ruling this nation? ehn, do you know?
now you want me to tell the history of armed struggle in this country.

everywhere the white man goes he talks openly about his expedition and subdue of the natives but when thy get talking about Yoruba country their bravado is in measured tone and always with reserve. this is because the first whip-as*s they got in this country was given to them in Lagos. Eko outwit and out-strategize them. their success came unexpectedly and undesigned when an accidental misfire landed on cache of ammo that set off rapid inferno and aided the British.

what chance did sword wielding, bloodthirsty Oyo or any of the hinterlands had against the canon marksmanship of Eko.

i wish you guys will try that kiriji nonsense next time. be prepared to come to Idungaran and prostrate before Eleko. we will seize your crowns and make you ordinary white cap chiefs. only Eleko deserve to wear crown around here. go ask the British how we dealt with their fathers. .....keep trying us. cool
Re: Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History by Katsumoto: 1:17am On Dec 20, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

my friend do you know why the British remained suspicious of Yoruba intention the whole time they were ruling this nation? ehn, do you know?
now you want me to tell the history of armed struggle in this country.

everywhere the white man goes he talks openly about his expedition and subdue of the natives but when thy get talking about Yoruba country their bravado is in measured tone and always with reserve. this is because the first whip-as*s they got in this country was given to them in Lagos. Eko outwit and out-strategize them. their success came unexpectedly and undesigned when an accidental misfire landed on cache of ammo that set off rapid inferno and aided the British.

what chance did sword wielding, bloodthirsty Oyo or any of the hinterlands had against the canon marksmanship of Eko.

i wish you guys will try that kiriji nonsense next time. be prepared to come to Idungaran and prostrate before Eleko. we will seize your crowns and make you ordinary white cap chiefs. only Eleko deserve to wear crown around here. go ask the British how we dealt with their fathers. .....keep trying us. cool

Chief Dudu Negro is such a funny chap. grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbos Seek National Equity As Group Insist Speaker Of The House Position / Nigerian Institute Of Journalism House Named After Isa Funtua / Electoral Bill: NASS Will Override Buhari If He Doesn't Sign - Serguis Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.