Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 (6828 Views)

Recent Poll Conducted Scored Buhari 70 Per Cent In First Month - PUNCH / We Really Don Know Buhari. 70 -90 Generation / People In Jos Climb Mast Just To Listen To Buhari During Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by naptu2: 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2012
I remember 1983/84 like it was yesterday.

1) During the Shagari era there were cases of hoarding and speculators were taking advantage of the spiralling inflation to jack up the prices of essential commodities. Buhari got companies to advertise the retail prices of their products. He then sent soldiers into the markets. If a trader is caught selling above the advertised price, his goods would be seized and distributed to members of the public for free.

2) He stopped the use of stretch and long base limousines by government officials. The Head of State used a(Lagos assembled) Volkswagen Santana (SHQ 1) while the Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters used a (Kaduna assembled) Peugeot 505 (SHQ 2).

3) He initiated a monthly environmental sanitation exercise and initiated the Head of State's award for the neatest local government.

4) He crushed the violent Maitatsine islamic sect (I can still remember the footage on Maudlyn Park's Newsweek programme [monday night @ 8 o'clock on NTA network]. They showed arrested members of the sect being flogged and taken into custody).

5) He actually got Lagosians to queue up for buses. I never thought I'd see that in my life!

6) Instituted the War Against Indiscipline programme to re-orientate Nigerians (I'd be very very grateful if anyone who has the WAI badge would post a picture of it).

7) He brought back pride in the country (remember the national flag decree, etc).

8 ) Tried corrupt politicians (the tribunal was held at Victoria Island. I can still remember the high level security around Bonny Camp).

He wasn't prefect though.

1) He instituted decree 2

2) He endorsed retroactive punishment for some drug smugglers (drug smuggling was a developing problem at that time which was ruining Nigeria's reputation. Much like 419 today).

3) To combat the problem of kidnapping (what we call "one chance" today), he made it mandatory that commercial bus and taxi drivers become members of the NURTW (it was mandatory that they display their NURTW ID Card, which must contain their photograph). This led to the "agbero" problem that we currently have in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by caukerzee(m): 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2012
Gee001: Hapi bday 2u General. *sending him a text msg right away*
you wan tell us say you know am. Ashewo....all these black berry babes see. Mtchewwww.
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by elbinmanny(m): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2012
The serial looser is 70 already cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Allah ArkaBOMB #runs off to write his biography# gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by phineas: 1:18pm On Dec 17, 2012
lest I forget,Happy birthday General Buhari
Thank you for leading an exemplary life.For leaving a good legacy that we still have a few good men worth emulating.
I wish you many more years and I pray God gives you your hearts desires in accordance to his will.
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by valicious1(m): 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2012
nagoma:

So your father was corrupt?
Is that what your deranged brain tells you?
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by valicious1(m): 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2012
BinghiNya:

What makes idahosa, kumuyi's wife and bimbo odukoya good people, they may be in hell as i am typing.
Whether they re in heaven or hell is not for us to judge but the fact is that they all impacted positively in our lives one way or the other while they were alive.
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by jude33084(m): 1:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
sad the only man that can fight corruption is wasting away gradually. 70 yrs! angry
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
Buhari the blood sucker and one of the problem Nigeria has

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by aryzgreat: 1:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
happy deathday to a coupist that truncated democracy! happy baboon blood day to a man that rather than preach peace, preaches religious politics, happy dog blood day to a myopic desperate serial loser!

The spirit of my death cousin corper will hunt u till u die! Dan iska!

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by BlueMurder(m): 2:06pm On Dec 17, 2012
HBD Gallant General.
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by honeric01(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2012
aryzgreat: happy deathday to a coupist that truncated democracy! happy baboon blood day to a man that rather than preach peace, preaches religious politics, happy dog blood day to a myopic desperate serial loser!

gboss4sure: Buhari the blood sucker and one of the problem Nigeria has

MAY THOSE WHO CURSE YOU UNJUSTLY RECEIVE BACK THEIR CURSES IN 20 FOLDS TOGETHER WITH THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS AND THEIR GENERATION YET UNBORN

SO BEFORE YOU CURSE HIM, MAKE SURE YOU'RE SURE OF WHY YOU ARE CURSING HIM AND IF YOU HAVE FACTS TO PROVE THEM.
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by aryzgreat: 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2012
honeric01:

MAY THOSE WHO CURSE YOU UNJUSTLY RECEIVE BACK THEIR CURSES IN 20 FOLDS TOGETHER WITH THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS AND THEIR GENERATION YET UNBORN

SO BEFORE YOU CURSE HIM, MAKE SURE YOU'RE SURE OF WHY YOU ARE CURSING HIM AND IF YOU HAVE FACTS TO PROVE THEM.

And may animals like u that benefit directly or indirectly from Buhari's religious bigotry and wanton destruction of lives and property because he lost election rxv 1 MILLION times the NEMESIS for his actions, inactions, directives, gingers, support towards the waste of lives simply bc of religion and politics. May the NEMESIS and KARMA that are are meant for him follow u, ur family and ur entire GENERATION to come for supporting evil. Amen
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by TableLeg(m): 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
brownlord: God purnish you sir
You are an oxymoro.n
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by honeric01(m): 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2012
aryzgreat:

And may animals like u that benefit directly or indirectly from Buhari's religious bigotry and wanton destruction of lives and property because he lost election rxv 1 MILLION times the NEMESIS for his actions, inactions, directives, gingers, support towards the waste of lives simply bc of religion and politics. May the NEMESIS and KARMA that are are meant for him follow u, ur family and ur entire GENERATION to come for supporting evil. Amen

honeric01:

Are you afraid this is going to hunt you down for accusing people falsely? remember what the bible said about false accusation? infact do you even know how many books we have in the bible not to talk about where it is?

[size=13pt]change your ways now if what i wrote is scaring the shittx outta you[/size]. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by caukerzee(m): 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2012
jude33084: sad the only man that can fight corruption is wasting away gradually. 70 yrs! angry
fight corruption islamize nigeria you mean?

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by aryzgreat: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2012
honeric01:

Are you afraid this is going to hunt you down for accusing people falsely? remember what the bible said about false accusation? infact do you even know how many books we have in the bible not to talk about where it is?

[size=13pt]change your ways now if what i wrote is scaring the shittx outta you[/size]. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

F00l! who is scared of ur rant? Late chuba Okadigbo calls it " The ranting of an Ant" For supporting evil, may evil never depart from ur home. May ur sister die in the hand of buhari's motivated street urchin in 2015 if u are alive till then. help me say a louder Amen!

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by caukerzee(m): 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
aryzgreat:

F00l! who is scared of ur rant? Late chuba Okadigbo calls it " The ranting of an Ant" For supporting evil, may evil never depart from ur home. May ur sister die in the hand of buhari's motivated street urchin in 2015 if u are alive till then. help me say a louder Amen!
amen oh. Buhari is the biggest hypocrite i ve ever seen in my life. And as dumb as the masses are, they keep falling for cheap political talk. The only one agenda this old fool @ 70 has for this country is how to islamize the nation. I have suffered directly from this old fool s evil.
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2012
THE SAME AUTHORS OF BRITANICA WHO WANTED HIM TO TAKE AN UN-PAYABLE LOAN IN ORDER TO BURY NIGERIA EVEN DEEPER. HAPPY B'DAY GENERAL. ALL THOSE ACCUSING U ARE THOSE WHO ARE CURRENTLY STEALING NIGERIA'S MONEY, THAT'S WHY THEY DON'T WANT U.
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by caukerzee(m): 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2012
al-qaeda:
THE SAME AUTHORS OF BRITANICA WHO WANTED HIM TO TAKE AN UN-PAYABLE LOAN IN ORDER TO BURY NIGERIA EVEN DEEPER. HAPPY B'DAY GENERAL. ALL THOSE ACCUSING U ARE THOSE WHO ARE CURRENTLY STEALING NIGERIA'S MONEY, THAT'S WHY THEY DON'T WANT U.
your name says it all. Brothers in evil!!! May you both die slaves and may the vultures eat up your flesh!
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by chakula: 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2012
aryzgreat: happy deathday to a coupist that truncated democracy! happy baboon blood day to a man that rather than preach peace, preaches religious politics, happy dog blood day to a myopic desperate serial loser!

Dan Tsinanniya! I can't endure to read your stupidity to the end I agree that you are of them.
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by honeric01(m): 3:27pm On Dec 17, 2012
aryzgreat:

Hehehehe, you can't even hide the fear, it's written over you.

BTW, if he's evil, show to us that he is with facts and not beer parlor rumor, he's not perfect but never what your lot paint him to be.

Show us that he was the one that sent those who killed anyone during the election period with proofs or forever remain haunted by your own curses grin grin grin grin

BTW, i don't have a sister, so that curse has added to the ones you sent before and they are all going to haunt you till you change your ways. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by lekanolas: 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2012
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by aryzgreat: 3:45pm On Dec 17, 2012
honeric01:

Hehehehe, you can't even hide the fear, it's written over you.

BTW, if he's evil, show to us that he is with facts and not beer parlor rumor, he's not perfect but never what your lot paint him to be.

Show us that he was the one that sent those who killed anyone during the election period with proofs or forever remain haunted by your own curses grin grin grin grin

BTW, i don't have a sister, so that curse has added to the ones you sent before and they are all going to haunt you till you change your ways. grin grin grin grin

A drowning man will always cling to any available straw, you are laughing at ur st.upid.ty and ur miserable cursed life, d laf cannot withold back the curse. If u like don't av a sister. Curse knows no sister nor brother. If u truely believe buhari's hands are clean from the post election violence and his evil islamization agenda, say amen to my curse on u. Weda u say or not they are already on their way to camp in ur household. Ur only saviour will be when u quit supporting evil. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by honeric01(m): 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2012
aryzgreat:

A drowning man will always cling to any available straw, you are laughing at ur st.upid.ty and ur miserable cursed life, d laf cannot withold back the curse. If u like don't av a sister. Curse knows no sister nor brother. If u truely believe buhari's hands are clean from the post election violence and his evil islamization agenda, say amen to my curse on u. Weda u say or not they are already on their way to camp in ur household. Ur only saviour will be when u quit supporting evil. tongue tongue tongue

Few words for you:

Change your ways, you all are the reason the country is sinking just like sodom and gomorrah.

Change your ways, accuse those worthy to be accused and leave those who have little to do with our problems alone or whatever you wish them will become yours. I didn't say it, the holy book (bible) said so.

Few questions for you, if he actually wants to [b]islamatize [/b]Nigeria, why didn't he do it when he was the military head of state?
another one is, if he was the one who sent the mob to kill anyone, why hasn't the president (Jonathan) arrested him, trial and jail him?

Waiting. grin grin grin grin
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by jude33084(m): 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2012
caukerzee: fight corruption islamize nigeria you mean?

I know he is an Islamic bigot but hate corruption with passion so it is people like him that can fight corruption. wink
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by aryzgreat: 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2012
caukerzee: amen oh. Buhari is the biggest hypocrite i ve ever seen in my life. And as dumb as the masses are, they keep falling for cheap political talk. The only one agenda this old fool @ 70 has for this country is how to islamize the nation. I have suffered directly from this old fool s evil.

Don't mind the almajiri animals dat are supporting an old f00l that encourages violence tru his utterances at his age rather than preach unity and religious tolerance.
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by nagoma(m): 3:55pm On Dec 17, 2012

The foul mouthed buffoon is showing his brothel upbringing again. You can never have a man with the kind of quality Buhari has from your creeks. Not in a thousand years.

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by aryzgreat: 3:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
honeric01:

Few words for you:

Change your ways, you all are the reason the country is sinking just like sodom and gomorrah.

Change your ways, accuse those worthy to be accused and leave those who have little to do with our problems alone or whatever you wish them will become yours. I didn't say it, the holy book (bible) said so.

Tell ur terorist mentor buhari to change his ways and rename his CPC (Conscience for Positive Change)bc he got no conscience at all, and for ur likes the foot soldiers, ur blood shall be used to wash this country clean from religious induced violence championed by buhari and his co-horts. Stop mentioning bible here u bloody murderer supporter! Vampire!
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by Jakumo(m): 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2012
If memory serves me right, Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden has celebrated his 70th birhday on at least a dozen or more occasions in the past.

When is he going to clock 95, if he refuses to acklowledge the passage of all those intervening years ?
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by IMMUNO1(m): 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2012
Happy birthday sir. @70, you should be more close to ur family than Nigerian politics. Let the youths mann their destiny.
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by aryzgreat: 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2012
nagoma:

The foul mouthed buffoon is showing brothel upbringing again. You can never have a man with the kind of quality Buhari has from your creeks. Not in a thousand years.

almajiri son, product of cow insemination. i know its ur turn to die of suicide bombing are planning for this christmas, but that ur bomb will explode on u in front of ur house. Cow son!
Re: Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 by playmode(m): 4:01pm On Dec 17, 2012
phineas:

The general is the exact opposite of all you highlited.Take a lesson in nigeria's history,dont be lazy.I find it appalling that some refuse in the presence of such irrefutable facts to acknowledge an incoruptible man when they see one,and yes they exist and the General is a good example.
That is what this thread is about,that we remember and we acknowledge his dedication to his nation,above self.

ROFLMAO....Did you just type that Nice one feigning amnesia.Some of you nutters here are starting to believe your own lies.Now answer these two questions:

Did he and his cohorts not orchestrate a successful coup de tat against a democratic Government?

Did he not serve under a brutal dictator namely Abacha ?

Whatever you are smoking, get rid of it because you are seeing things.

I guess Saint buhari is not a Saint afterall.

And no i don hate him because he is a northerner or a muslim,i hate him because he selfishly took Nigeria from a democracy to a military dictatorship.He will be remembered as one the brain dead monkeys who led Nigeria down the part of rot.

So while in you live in your fantasy world of self deceit and political masturbation,i dwell in reality and say it as it is. Obasanjo ,Babangida,Buhari ,Jonathan and the other cretins can't die soon enough.The damage these animals have done to this nation is evident for everyone to see.It is will take a new breed of disciplined,dedicated,honest,no nonsense,non sentimental,non tribalist young,professional,clued up leader to take Nigeria out of abyss that it is in.

Look around you ,read up on the same history you claim to know and see how the unwanted "contribution" of these men has been selfish and destructive for this nation as well as it's people.We are still feeling the ripple effects of their actions.They laid the foundation for corruption,military indiscipline,lack of service delivery,nepotism,hubris and total anarchy.

The all live in opulence courtesy of stolen loot while the average Nigerians is barely able to eat once daily.Tell me how did Buhari make his money Please tell us what he did to become wealthy,give us a detailed analysis with dates of how he built his empire if you are so certain that he was never a corrupt man.Surely if you idolize him so much ,you should be able to give a credible explanation as to how he became rich considering that he was a soldier.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim / Apc Ogun: Is This Woman Avoiding Tinubu's Mouth Odour? (pics) / PDP Blasts Buhari’s Appointments, President Only Interested In Personal Comfort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.