Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. (9205 Views)

2015: Northern Youths Vow To Mobilise Support For Jonathan / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi / 14 Years Since Abacha Departed: Drop A Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by dusqkhi: 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2012
y re we foolin ourselves, he said he as to tink well before he took action,despite al d security challenges nothin as been done,until d entire nation collapse b/for he cud do smtin, i beg make una forget dat man embrace kidnappin
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by Menendez: 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2012
My President...if not for any thing else....I give kudos to you when it comes to improvement in power. it is the bedrock of development of any nation. No past president can boast of giving nigerians at least 20hrs constant power in a day....There are challenges and I know we shall overcome...Amen
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by ypzilanti: 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2012
1. Poor leadership on corruption fight by refusing to declare assets on National television, saying 'I don't give a damn'.

2. Bad roads everywhere. East-West: road abandoned, Enugu-PH: crater filled, Lagos-Ibadan: craters and pot holes, Benin-ore: slow pace of work.

3. Frittered hundreds of billions in so-called subsidy payments. Now struggling to recoup the money...or is he just playing us?

4. All former governors accused of corruption are hale and hearty. enjoying their loot without molestation. Odili's infinite injunction on prosecution remais unchallenged in court of law.

5. Police has not been restructured in spite of several committes and white papers, rendering them ineffective to police Nigeria better for average citizens.

6. Spending billions upon billions on what Nigerians regard as frivolities. Banquet hall of 2.2 billion. 10 plane fleet maintenance of 9 billion. 9 billion for Vice President lodge. 165 billion for 3 weeks worth of fuel subsidy (december alone). 3,3 billion on travelling expenses.

7.Sacking of Power minister who was arguably the most popular member of cabinet among Nigerians. Nepa has once more reverted to supplying darkness.

8. No one major signature infrastructural project that Nigerians will remember his government by.

9. Unemployment rate worsened.

10. Boko Haram bombing Increased.

11. re emergency of kidnapping.

12. Encouraged nepotism by allowing First Lady to become permanent secretary in Bayelsa.

On the good side:

1. rehabilitation of some airports

2. some work on railways

3. Movement towards privatization of Nepa

4. Some good strides in agricultural sector

That is it. The only thing he has done that may affect employment and well being of Nigerians well is the move to privatize Nepa. The oil wealth of Nigeria is not being used to develop Nigeria infrastructurally, or improve sectors like education and health.

5 Likes

Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by greall1: 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2012
Seun if I comment u may ban me. I don't want to get ban. I reserve my comment
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by sneak3(m): 12:48pm On Dec 18, 2012
Mr president show the political will in fighting corruption in 2013..so Fr you have performed below my expectaion. I was in ur camp prior and after the election that made you the elected president of the federal Republic of Nigeria, but for reasons ranging from mediocrity, gross ineptitude, lack of direction of your administration has made me to shift allegiance to another person that will come in and demonstrate capability in totality as far s good governance is concern..

Thanks and God bless you as you try to round up your works and give way to another person in 2015 without being disgraced, bullied or coerced.
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by sneak3(m): 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2012
Mr president show the political will in fighting corruption in 2013..so Fr you have performed below my expectation. I was in ur camp prior and after the election that made you the elected president of the federal Republic of Nigeria, but for reasons ranging from mediocrity, gross ineptitude, lack of direction of your administration has made me to shift allegiance to another person that will come in and demonstrate capability in totality as far s good governance is concern..

Thanks and God bless you as you try to round up your works and give way to another person in 2015 without being disgraced, bullied or coerced.
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by gbengress1: 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2012
Clueless as ever
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by Maxymilliano(m): 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2012
I'll give the President a pat on the back for taking some remarkable strides in the country's journey towards sustainable development. It is not easy starting from ground zero but a journey of thousand miles always begins with a step.

I will advise him to put more bite on the hydra headed monster known as corruption, this phenomenon has eaten deep into the fabric of the society and it'll take men of good will and conscience to tame the monster. The Anti corruption drive should be given the requisite impetus so that the prisons be made home to not just the petty thieves but government contractors and powerful individuals who have contributed the current state of arrested development experienced in the country .

The ongoing reforms in the various sectors should be sustained and the President should allow the public to be the determinant of the performance scorecard of each ministries and not just the FEC.

All in all, I wish the President well...

1 Like

Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by Alimarok(m): 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2012
Woeful...[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by Peter8(m): 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2012
Goodluck, pray 4 wisdom, knowledge and understanding cos u lack all. God will help 9ja and destroy all our bad leaders. 2013 will be their judgement year.
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by omo9ja1(m): 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2012
no comment sad
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by claremont(m): 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2012
Goody 'No Shoes' Jonathan is no different from the apology called leaders Nigeria has been accursed with for donkey years. His performance on all measurable fronts has been abysmal. The tangible improvements been witnessed in some states (Lagos, Edo) is purely as a result of altruistic actions of the governors of those states.

1 Like

Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 18, 2012
The guy was asked to rate his presido and he just said his mind...if he thinks GEJ is a fool then that is his opinion.He didn't ask u or anyone who is GEJ's fan for a counter-Opinion!

quote author=2ru-talk] People like you can't even manage their family let alone ruling a country like Nigeria where evil men like you are on rampage[/quote]
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by pdtrainingblog(m): 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2012
Well He is at least doing some Good Works though not Perfect in works and this I believe was because of the Difficult terrain that has beclouded his presidency. with all the opposing forces and agencies trying to destabilize the Country and all that.

We just hope He does better next Year.
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by aforebby: 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2012
Gej.you try your best but your best is not good for this corrupted nation like nigeria.in security and anti corruption you scored 30% therefore I suggest you should repeat for another 4year
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 18, 2012
Head of a weak and incapable government.
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by Naijaryder: 1:01pm On Dec 18, 2012
Visionless and clueless man with excuse for every situation in the country
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by UjSizzle(f): 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2012
I don't believe the state of the country can be 100% improved in just 4yrs. GEJ has done what he can even though Nigerians don't think it's good enough. So far I'll give him 'fair' and pray he gets more wisdom to handle next year's challenges.
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by Okijajuju1(m): 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2012
Uncle joe...

You fall my hand....

You started the year on a high point;

1. Unveiled the scam that is called subsidy... BUT nothing came out of it. Not one person is in jail for this matter.

2. Farouk Lawan & Otedolas case... Infact this matter dey pain my soul. We all heard the tape, yet, all that matter enter voicemail.

3. Police pension scam.... Still, no convictions

4. Boko Haram... Still bombing at will.

5. PHCN: You try for the unbundling, but we never see result o.

6. Aviation.. Dana matter no be your fault, but it seems like you did nothing after that matter. Helicopter now don follow crash.

7. Kidnapping: this year, more government persons have been kidnapped than ever before.

8. Despite the increase in Fuel price, the darn thing is still scarce.

9. Nothing was done this whole year with regards to fighting corruption.

I score him 25%

5 Likes

Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2012
ABYSMAL PERFORMANCE cry
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2012
ypzilanti: 1. Poor leadership on corruption fight by refusing to declare assets on National television, saying 'I don't give a damn'.

2. Bad roads everywhere. East-West: road abandoned, Enugu-PH: crater filled, Lagos-Ibadan: craters and pot holes, Benin-ore: slow pace of work.

3. Frittered hundreds of billions in so-called subsidy payments. Now struggling to recoup the money...or is he just playing us?

4. All former governors accused of corruption are hale and hearty. enjoying their loot without molestation. Odili's infinite injunction on prosecution remais unchallenged in court of law.

5. Police has not been restructured in spite of several committes and white papers, rendering them ineffective to police Nigeria better for average citizens.

6. Spending billions upon billions on what Nigerians regard as frivolities. Banquet hall of 2.2 billion. 10 plane fleet maintenance of 9 billion. 9 billion for Vice President lodge. 165 billion for 3 weeks worth of fuel subsidy (december alone). 3,3 billion on travelling expenses.

7.Sacking of Power minister who was arguably the most popular member of cabinet among Nigerians. Nepa has once more reverted to supplying darkness.

8. No one major signature infrastructural project that Nigerians will remember his government by.

9. Unemployment rate worsened.

10. Boko Haram bombing Increased.

11. re emergency of kidnapping.

12. Encouraged nepotism by allowing First Lady to become permanent secretary in Bayelsa.

On the good side:

1. rehabilitation of some airports

2. some work on railways

3. Movement towards privatization of Nepa

4. Some good strides in agricultural sector

That is it. The only thing he has done that may affect employment and well being of Nigerians well is the move to privatize Nepa. The oil wealth of Nigeria is not being used to develop Nigeria infrastructurally, or improve sectors like education and health.

My darling u no mention 700 million for forks,knives and spoons☺
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by 5much(m): 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2012
i 'comment my reserve'.
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by ocelot2006(m): 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2012
I must say that I'm quite impressed with his reforms in the energy sector (e.g. the power reforms, gas revolution, the forth-coming PIB bill, the fight against corruption, etc). Finance wise, our foreign reserve's high. current events in the transport sector, particularly with our rail network, are quite commendable. A lot still needs to be done, particularly in security, but so far the military, police, and intelligence services are slowly, but surely, getting a hang of it.

On the down-side, govt spending, particularly recurrent expenditure, is still on the high side, and something drastic must be done about that. A lot needs to be done about our civil infrastructure. And then there's the good ole fight against corruption that needs a lil more steam.
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2012
Ignore the security situation in the country, the subsidy removal, the crisis in various sectors, disturbing headlines....he did ok.
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by peruso: 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2012
I'm still waiting for those buses that were to Be provided after the whole subsidy stand off............

Waiting............
Waiting............ Waiting........................
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by la1(m): 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2012
Mediocre.
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by ujem(m): 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2012
Really yu must be high on cheap drugs e.g Panadol

dejust: He has performed well despite the enormous challenges ranging from security, corruption, ...etc.

1 Like

Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by sheff(m): 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2012
Mr president you are not the one that makes the country to be in a mess and you are not the that destroy all the politics and policies of the country but one thing am sure ofis your the continuation of nigeria disaster and misery exactly like your predecessor(you guys play same politics and policies and you continue to be more corrupt,confuse and create a future of insecurity for all nigerians) merry xmas and a happy new year to you and your angel of nigerian disastrous politicians!!!

1 Like

Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by BOAproperties: 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2012
We have seen his performance since has steering the affairs of the country.so far,from my own perception his below expectation.excepts if we want to be deceiving our selves.even during late musa yaradua their is improvements within the periods the ruled us.
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by nonesense: 1:22pm On Dec 18, 2012
We are still on top of the situation
Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by ypzilanti: 1:22pm On Dec 18, 2012
lynpetra:

My darling u no mention 700 million for forks,knives and spoons☺

No, na...he explained that one. Did you not watch the media chat? He noticed that Ethiopia has better cutlery than Nigeria, hence we had to upgrade. That is the type of thing that boils oga GEJs blood. Who the hell is Ethiopia anyway?

No word yet on when we will upgrade our roads to the level of South Africa or he has not noticed that they have better roads?

3 Likes

Re: Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. by banki(m): 1:23pm On Dec 18, 2012
Given the amount of human and material resources available to mr president I would score him an abysmal low, I still can't point to any achievement thats visible to me or that affects me directly but I however must commend the ministry of finance for tightening the noose of leakages in the economy,....
Mr president obviously lacks the moral standing to fight corruption especially since a party which he leads is a potpourri of corrupt individuals, I take exception for people giving the presidency kudos for the exposure of subsidy thieves, I think it was the demand of nigerians who protested the removal of subsidy and so no individual or government should take credit for it, instead people like tuned bakare must be commended for being steadfast in the fight for our true rights.
Mr president has truly not recorded any landmark achievement and has shown that he lacks guts to do the right thing at the right time, and for those praising him for doing little very little yes very little I maintain, and to hell with anyone saying he didn't cause the problems, he was there to solve the problems not to complain or create problems there would always be problems, but his job is to sort problems out that's his job

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Former Senator, Sahabi Ya'u Kaura Spotted Kissing Woman In His Office. Pics/Vid / How Buhari Resolved APC Crisis In 2 Weeks While Insecurity Festers / Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.