Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday (8104 Views)

Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / Kano Mass Wedding Saga,20 Turn Out HIV+,5 Pregnant / Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Sweetcollins: 11:58am On Dec 20, 2012
Well, judging by the present reality in Naija, SEEING IS BELIEVING o. Tomorrow will tell
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by earthgreeners(m): 11:59am On Dec 20, 2012
A-ZeD:
In 2012, GEJ achievement is a train ride from Lagos to Kano and the OP along with his goons are rejoicing. Mediocrity is a disease.

a 3 days ride in a 1940 steam engine train to be precise, and still subjected to confirmation
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 20, 2012
ujchief:
lol... I once read a thread where someone was listing ibb's achievments, need i say they were landslide achievments: 3rd mainland bridge, refinery, Fct and so many other great stuffs. Do we list ibb as the best? Nope! Inasmuch as he built a refinery, a feat that even its planing has eluded Gej. What Gej is after is how to ferry petroleum products inter-state.
A train line is great, but it just represents a near zero percentage of what is expected of him.
@sincere 9jrian, i will believe ur sincerity when, after enlightening us on the achievments of Gej, u open threads of how corruption is eating deep into the fabric of our country.
Start threads on how Gej is encouraging corruption, with emphasis on the following keypoints; 1) chukwuemeka wogu and his 'Pinnacle contractors company' that scamed us of N2.1 bil subsidy funds and why Gej stil retains him in his cabinet, even appointing him to head the white paper committee on Ribadu report.
2) Godspower Orubebe, his $50k bribe of save nigeria group and his Mabushi contract.
3) Attorney General, his transper of N65 bil into his account, and the oil bloc deal OPL 245.
My friend, those are allegations. Anybody is free to allege anything. I dont deal with super stories, allegations or propaganda. Rather, I deal with FACTS. The commuters that will move by train tomorrow from Lagos all the way to Kano are REAL people, who will benefit from cheaper and safer transport. That is not an allegation. The rail transport system transformation is just one out of several projects embarked upon by the govt. That is a FACT. I can also make an allegation if that's what you want. I am in possession of documents which show you abused your office and embezzled N2billion from the govt coffers sometime between June and August this year. You'll soon be a guest of the EFCC.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by ehispapa(m): 12:04pm On Dec 20, 2012
Akshow: @ poster stop the propaganda. This govt is the most inept and backward administration of all time.
so not true...just that naija loves noise maker and sycophants in power.
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by deking(m): 12:05pm On Dec 20, 2012
I pray this works out for the good of everyone
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by ehispapa(m): 12:08pm On Dec 20, 2012
ujchief:
lol... I once read a thread where someone was listing ibb's achievments, need i say they were landslide achievments: 3rd mainland bridge, refinery, Fct and so many other great stuffs. Do we list ibb as the best? Nope! Inasmuch as he built a refinery, a feat that even its planing has eluded Gej. What Gej is after is how to ferry petroleum products inter-state.
A train line is great, but it just represents a near zero percentage of what is expected of him.
@sincere 9jrian, i will believe ur sincerity when, after enlightening us on the achievments of Gej, u open threads of how corruption is eating deep into the fabric of our country.
Start threads on how Gej is encouraging corruption, with emphasis on the following keypoints; 1) chukwuemeka wogu and his 'Pinnacle contractors company' that scamed us of N2.1 bil subsidy funds and why Gej stil retains him in his cabinet, even appointing him to head the white paper committee on Ribadu report.
2) Godspower Orubebe, his $50k bribe of save nigeria group and his Mabushi contract.
3) Attorney General, his transper of N65 bil into his account, and the oil bloc deal OPL 245.
Pls. which of the refinery did IBB built?
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2012
A-ZeD:
In 2012, GEJ achievement is a train ride from Lagos to Kano and the OP along with his goons are rejoicing. Mediocrity is a disease.
Why do you enjoy LIES? Why do you eat and breathe LIES? Your principal can NEVER become president on the foundation of LIES and FALSEHOOD, which you'r currently building. If you had followed the links in my second post, you would have seen several other massive projects that the govt did or embarked upon this year. But rather than do that, you found it convenient to hug LIES. Shame on all LIARS

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Ikwerefistson: 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Few days ago, I opened a thread titled "Jonathan continues to impress" (referenced below) where I chronicled the works of the GEJ administration, including the massive rehabilitation and construction of rail lines. I stated among other things that the Lagos-Kano train services will begin on the 20th of this month based on the promise of the govt. In response, some 'retardinhos', SEE-NO-GOOD and HEAR-NO-GOOD mischief makers posted sarcastically "which country did all these happen"?
The announcement by NRC that the Lagos-Kano train service will commence tomorrow is a CONFIRMATION that some of us have been SINCERE and FORTHRIGHT in our comments. Those who have been paid to tell LIES shamelessly, who jump from pillar to post, working so hard to discredit whatever the GEJ has done or is doing, just to satisfy their power hungry masters in the opposition parties, should bow their heads in SHAME.
I must also state clearly, that I have never said GEJ has done enough neither I am celebrating whatever his govt is doing. Even as the govt is working very hard, there is still so much ground yet to be covered and room for improvement. But it is WICKED, DEVILISH, SATANIC and utterly DISGUSTING and REPREHENSIBLE to deny the so much work the govt is doing. It is my opinion that NO GOVT in the last 3 decades or as long as I can remember, had worked as hard as the current govt. If only the past govts did their bit, this govt would have atleast inherited a better country.
https://www.nairaland.com/1131976/jonathan-continues-impress
my broda 4 saying d truth,may d gud lord bless ur entire generation,may u nt die untimely,may d lord contend wit ur enemies,may d lord gve u gud health long lyf nd properity nd may d lord bles u wit a very gud wife nd children dat wil obey u.amen
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Ikwerefistson: 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Indeed GEJ is trying, please bro continue to feed us on all these developments.
Do not allow these animalss piss you off, they can jump into river niger if they are not happy with your post of GEJ achievements.
Even with boko haram menace, GEJ is doing better than Obasanjo who happens to be the ugliest and MOST CORRUPT president ever.
Obasanja stole 16 Billion dollars just for IPP alone, he didnt generate any single kilo watts...

MARK MY WORDS AND BOOKMARK THIS POST.. ONCE GEJ FIXES THE ELECTRICITY WAHALA YOU WOULD SEE THESE APESS COMING OUT IN THEIR DOZENS TO CLAIM IT WAS ONE PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT THAT DID THE UNDERGROUND WORK,THEY MUST FIND A WAY TO RUBBISH GEJ, MEANWHILE, GEJ IS DOING WHAT THEIR DEMI GODS COULDN'T DO...

Pls bro dont take these bunch of cowards serious, and do not worry if they call me laptop member, I do not care. GEJ has paid me 25 million dollars to make this post
thumbs up bro
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Ikwerefistson: 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2012
ujchief:
my bro ibb spent 8ys in power as a dictator nd nt a democratic leadr.d refinery ws nt startd by hm bt he completd it.ibb only built les dan 45percent of abuja nd ran their becos of coup.4ur info,d health sector ws kild by ibb,d educatn sector ibb,hs sap programe kild nijas economy even til date nija hs nt recoverd,he stole our 12 biln dols oil windfal he institunalisd coruptn in nija.so tel me wic nijas presidnt dat came in clean slat apart frm muritala due 2 death,yardua nd buhari.u pepl re nt fair 2 gej at all
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Ikwerefistson: 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2012
item1:

[size=20pt]Bros you still have choice. When the train moves tomorrow simply go and stand in front of it. The world will surely end 4 you[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
shekaina
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by AZeD1(m): 12:30pm On Dec 20, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Why do you enjoy LIES? Why do you eat and breathe LIES? Your principal can NEVER become president on the foundation of LIES and FALSEHOOD, which you'r currently building. If you had followed the links in my second post, you would have seen several other massive projects that the govt did or embarked upon this year. But rather than do that, you found it convenient to hug LIES. Shame on all LIARS

Dude you might appreciate mediocrity it doesn't mean others do.
From your other thread:
Massive rehabilitation of Airports
Almost concluded Privatisation of PHCN
Road construction
Creation of 9 new universities.

None of the projects had completed tagged to them. So what lies am i telling?
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Immune1(m): 12:30pm On Dec 20, 2012
Akshow: @ poster stop the propaganda. This govt is the most inept and backward administration of all time.
What have you done for Nigeria today?Were they supposed to start with high-speed trains?
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Ikwerefistson: 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2012
Lastuff007: The said Friday is in a day's time , then if we didn't see d image of d promised train den d poster and his cohorts should bury their head in shame
nd if we se it u nd ur felow haters shuld bury ur selfs in d lagoon
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by tommykiwi(m): 12:40pm On Dec 20, 2012
THAT IS MY PRESIDENT,PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...KUDOS TO YOU SIR...I APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORTS...THANK YOU SIR....
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
earthgreeners:

a 3 days ride in a 1940 steam engine train to be precise, and still subjected to confirmation
So movement from 6am on Friday to Saturday morning is now 3 days ride? The 'retardinhos' have now resorted to posting RUBBISH to save face. Perhaps if the previous clueless regimes had atleast maintained those "1940 steam engines trains", the current govt would have concentrated all its efforts in building fast standard guage rail lines. Anyway, those "1940 steam engines trains" currently moves at least 14,000 passengers daily courtesy of the efforts of the current govt.
http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/generaltopics/?p=125508

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Reptyle(m): 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: When GEJ promises, he delivers:

Rasheed Bisiriyu

Fuel distribution is expected to improve as from next week when the Nigerian Railway Corporation resumes haulage of petroleum products from Lagos to the North.
The corporation has also announced that it will commence the operation of Lagos-Kano mass transit trains on Friday.
A statement by the corporation on Wednesday said its haulage of petroleum products would also start on Friday “with the newly acquired pressurised light-oil tank wagons.”
The Minister of Transport, Senator Idris Umar, will inaugurate the two trains and is expected to ride with the Kano-bound passengers on the new mass transit train.
The corporation had early in the year acquired 20 pressurised tank wagons costing N600m as it prepared to go into the movement of petroleum products across the country.
According to the minister, the 20 wagons have the capacity to lift 900,000 litres of petroleum products, the equivalent of 27 road tankers.
By implication, Umar said once NRC commenced fuel haulage; it would remove the heavy burden on Nigerian roads.
“The pressurised tank wagons have safety protection measures and systems that give confidence and assurance that the products are secure and intact,” the statement added.
It also said that oil marketers and other domestic users would benefit from the bulk distribution of petroleum products by train.
The NRC said the Lagos-Kano mass transit train would leave Ebute Meta on Friday morning and arrive at the Kano station on Saturday morning.
It said, “The train will depart Lagos by 9am and will stop at major stations such as Abeokuta,Ibadan, Osogbo, Ilorin, Minna and Kaduna before it finally arrives its Kano terminal destination on Saturday morning.”
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nrc-resumes-lagos-kano-passenger-service-fuel-haulage-friday/

@ Sincere 9gerian

This is good news.

Infact as soon as I read your post, I called up a few of my friends in the media who had not heard about this upcoming event and we all agreed that this epoch-making event of trains leaving Lagos and terminating in Kano after making stops along the way MUST receive all the fanfare it deserves.

We need to tell all nay sayers on this forum and our enemies in the west that GEJ's government is finally putting Nigeria back on track. (pun intended)

Please tell us which of the stations these trains will be taking off from so that me and my friends in the media can give the event the elaborate coverage it deserves.

We would also like to know if tickets will be on sale at the terminal because we tried to make reservations on the NRC website with no success. We looked for a number to call on the site but found none.

Please ignore all these "nay sayers" who don't believe that anything good can come out of this government and use your good office to help us with these pieces information urgently.

If you can supply this pieces of information, me and my friends will upload pictures and videos of the grand event on this thread tomorrow...if the world doesn't end grin
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by sajawagu: 12:46pm On Dec 20, 2012
Up you,GEJ keep it up Nigeria go better
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by sajawagu: 12:48pm On Dec 20, 2012
Keep it up GEJ Nigeria go better.
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by BarryX(m): 12:49pm On Dec 20, 2012
With 900000 litres and a Boko Haram's can grenade, that's enough to burn two states, JƱڪτ̲̅ saying!
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by stineb1: 12:58pm On Dec 20, 2012
[b][/b]
ujchief:

Do you have evidence to back up your claims?
You cant just come in here and give us beer parlour or motor park gist
How will you feel If i publish that you(UJCHIEF)diverted $50 Million of subsidy funds into GEJ personal account knowing it isnt true.People will believe and start spreading the rumour for selfish reasons.
Thats exactly what you are doing.Helping them spread the rumour.
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by iykemyke: 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2012
Reptyle:

@ Sincere 9gerian

This is good news.

Infact as soon as I read your post, I called up a few of my friends in the media who had not heard about this upcoming event and we all agreed that this epoch-making event of trains leaving Lagos and terminating in Kano after making stops along the way MUST receive all the fanfare it deserves.

We need to tell all nay sayers on this forum and our enemies in the west that GEJ's government is finally putting Nigeria back on track. (pun intended)

Please tell us which of the stations these trains will be taking off from so that me and my friends in the media can give the event the elaborate coverage it deserves.

We would also like to know if tickets will be on sale at the terminal because we tried to make reservations on the NRC website with no success. We looked for a number to call on the site but found none.

Please ignore all these "nay sayers" who don't believe that anything good can come out of this government and use your good office to help us with these pieces information urgently.

If you can supply this pieces of information, me and my friends will upload pictures and videos of the grand event on this thread tomorrow...if the world doesn't end grin
for sure the train will leave lagos for kano, the pictures will emerge only on nta news and the next time the train will move again again will in 2015 during election campaigns. So my bro stop the propanganda. Goodluck jonathan is as good as badluck
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by buJu234: 1:13pm On Dec 20, 2012
i can see explosion; because the tanker drivers themselves will form tugs that may blow up those train on the way
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by ujukala: 1:22pm On Dec 20, 2012
Uncle Joe should receive some credit for this.
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by bibina: 1:32pm On Dec 20, 2012

Pls can u elaborate further your position?
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by ujchief(m): 1:32pm On Dec 20, 2012
stine b: [b][/b]

How will you feel If i publish that you(UJCHIEF)diverted $50 Million of subsidy funds into GEJ personal account knowing it isnt true.People will believe and start spreading the rumour for selfish reasons.
lol...all what u called speculations are confirmed reports, these are topics that have been discoursed here on Nl. I'm on the move, so i cant pull out the threads and links, but even if i do, u'll stil bring on another line of defence. I've seen it all and heard it all. I know the trend here in Nl... Beaf>> Dedeike> lastpope> > sincere9jrian> karl max> taharqa, we've heard it all, u guys never loose an argument, instead, u
activate a new moniker and start all over again.
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by ujchief(m): 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2012
stine b: [b][/b]

Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by ocelot2006(m): 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2012
Akshow: @ poster stop the propaganda. This govt is the most inept and backward administration of all time. Shikena

Where's the propaganda? Is the story false? If not, zip it.
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Gombs(m): 2:19pm On Dec 20, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

GOD BLESS YOU. ELECTRICITY IS MUCH BETTER NOW THAN EVER BEFORE, GEJ IS FIXING ALL OUR MAJOR AIRPORTS THAN NO OTHER PRESIDENT HAS EVER ATTEMPTED. GEJ IS FIXING THE RAILWAYS THAN NO OTHER PRESIDENT. GEJ IS NOT DOING BADLY, THOSE WHO THINK OTHERWISE SHOULD EITHER HUG A TRANSFORMER OR JUMP INTO RIVER NIGER.

GEJ HAS PAID ME 25 MILLION DOLLARS TO MAKE THIS POST.

Or make dem go kiss cobra
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 20, 2012
A-ZeD:

Dude you might appreciate mediocrity it doesn't mean others do.
From your other thread:
Massive rehabilitation of Airports
Almost concluded Privatisation of PHCN
Road construction
Creation of 9 new universities.

None of the projects had completed tagged to them. So what lies am i telling?
Another LIES! Why do you love LIES?
You LIED in your first comment when you said
"In 2012, GEJ achievement is a train ride from Lagos to Kano and the OP along with his goons are rejoicing. Mediocrity is a disease"
Now after I CONFIRMED that there were several other projects, you turned again to another LIE that none of the other projects have been completed.
In that link, the govt COMPLETED 11 road projects in 2012. Some of the re-modelled airports were completed. Some of the 9 new federal universities also took off. And so on and so forth. Besides it is very proper for a govt that is less than 2yrs old to have SEVERAL ongoing mega projects at this time.
I strongly advice that you STOP the LIES. Shame on all LIARS!
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by babaowo: 2:21pm On Dec 20, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
.......mr currupt 9gerian or whatever, present government is doing nothing!!! if they can't tackle major and common problems of Citizen,e.g, electricity,petroleum,roads,health, WTF your present goevernment is doing than south west which is trying to crawl instead of walking in progress, Nigeria is stand still !!!!
Re: Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday by Gombs(m): 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2012
iykemyke:
for sure the train will leave lagos for kano, the pictures will emerge only on nta news and the next time the train will move again again will in 2015 during election campaigns. So my bro stop the propanganda. Goodluck jonathan is as good as badluck

Shame on Ʊ!....I wanted to call Ʊ an idi.ot but lemme call Ʊ Olofofo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don’t Expect Change Till 2016 Budget Is Signed –onu / Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving / Sylva Left Only N4,451 In Bayelsa Coffers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.