Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade (12200 Views)

Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service / Osun Government Provides Free Train Service For Sallah / Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by nameo: 10:39pm On Dec 08, 2012
The Managing Director of the Nigerian Railway Corporation, NRC, Mr Adeseyi Sijuwade, yesterday said that theLagos toKano mass transit train service would commence operations on December 20.

Sijuwade made the announcement at the first management retreat of the corporation, held in Lekki,Lagos.

According to him, the rehabilitation of the tracks fromLagostoKano, including bridges and culverts has been completed for the commencement of the train service.

He assured commuters from eitherLagostoKanoorKanotoLagos safe and cheap rail transport services during the yuletide.

“This formal launch would be announced soon to ensure the resumption of full inter-state mass transit services along the rail tracks on weekdays,” he said.

The managing director said further that adequate security would be put in place with the collaboration of the police and Man-O-War before the commencement of the service.

He also said that the rehabilitation of eastern railway lines terminating atMaiduguriwas in progress, adding that trains would begin to move on the corridor in 2013.

He had earlier said that the retreat was aimed at bringing out the potential of the NRC.

Sijuwade stressed the need for strategic management of assets and facilities of the corporation in line with the organisation’s vision and mission.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/lagos-to-kano-mass-transit-train-service-begins-operation-sijuwade/

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by nameo: 10:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
VERY GOOD NEWS. Kudos FG
-

-

-

-

-

-

But Boko on my mind, lol

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Rossikk(m): 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
Excellent.
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
I've never doubted the committment of the CLUEFUL govt of GEJ to RECONSTRUCTING the decayed and ROTTEN infrastructure left behind by clueless past govts.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Abbott(m): 10:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
Nobody send me errand. And I def aint sending myself any errand.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
@Moderator, if threads such as "why we should vote Buhari as president" could make front page, this thread on the restoration of the longest rail line in this country, should also make front page. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by demelza: 11:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
While this is a good development, I don't think many Lagosians would be keen on going to Kano.
U know na..... Boko tinz

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Clerverly: 11:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
You mean with "Molue" type of coaches grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
Abbott: Nobody send me errand. And I def aint sending myself any errand.

^^^You mean to Kano? undecided
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by taharqa: 11:39pm On Dec 08, 2012
Slow and steady.. as they said
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by killuminati(m): 11:45pm On Dec 08, 2012
Na lie jorrrrrr
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by lafuria1(m): 12:53am On Dec 09, 2012
nice one, easy transport of goods and services. i hope it wont be 48hours from lagos to kano....

expect mass migration from kano to lagoss soon grin grin
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by babyboy3(m): 12:56am On Dec 09, 2012
la furia: nice one, easy transport of goods and services. i hope it wont be 48hours from lagos to kano....

expect mass migration from kano to lagoss soon grin grin

I think Lagos to Enugu or the East makes a better business case to build a train service

8 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by lacasa: 12:56am On Dec 09, 2012
Lagos to Kano in 36hours on colonial train coaches

Na so​! grin

Repair roads n ensure highway security for human transport, buy mordern age trains for commodity movement.

That's what FG should have done, this is 2012 undecided

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by adconline(m): 12:58am On Dec 09, 2012
When is it going change from "TO" begin to "HAS begun?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by IYANGBALI: 12:59am On Dec 09, 2012
nameo:
VERY GOOD NEWS. Kudos FG
-

-

-

-

-

-

But Boko on my mind, lol
ol boy no try enter that thing go north o,na journey to hell be dat o,boko haram go hijack the train o

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Lobolintin(m): 12:59am On Dec 09, 2012
Oga fashola,put immigrate and ur lasma dog on watch o o... Easy bomb trans... Easy cow trans,easy almajiri into lasgidi,i trust fash... Lagosiam i.d on board,.even cow must get one... Me go kano,lia se pe mo ya were(yoruba)... Ara ola pu mu i ga ani nde hausa(igbo).... Boko haram ba ko ma..(hausa)
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by bory09(m): 1:06am On Dec 09, 2012
If am not mistaken train from lagos to kano, this is suprising bye bye to highway robbers. I hope the train accept standing and lapping
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by lafuria1(m): 1:12am On Dec 09, 2012
baby-boy:

I think Lagos to Enugu or the East makes a better business case to build a train service
it does, but the problem is there is noexisting railway line from lagos to any part of the east presently, a new railway line will have to be constructed. the guys just repaired the already existing rail from lagos to kano.
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 09, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Sarcoc: 1:19am On Dec 09, 2012
lipsrsealed
killuminati: Na lie jorrrrrr

Is this the best you can come up with? Where are all the anti GEJ in the house come an yack away!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:24am On Dec 09, 2012
Good development.
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by born2boink(m): 1:34am On Dec 09, 2012
1. I hope say boko haram no go lure themselves come lagos
2.I hope say boko haram no go blow the train
3.Anybody wey dem born him papa well make them enter the train, you are on your own
4. They have make easy acceess to bbring hausas to lagos, this bunch of people fighting us everywhere, dem go kukuma loads their yeye cow inside train come lagos.
5. This is the saddest news and a threats to nigeria, why not train to abuja even dem wan pick anywhere in hausa republic

8 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by lafuria1(m): 1:37am On Dec 09, 2012
Sarcoc: lipsrsealed

Is this the best you can come up with? Where are all the anti GEJ in the house come an yack away!
someone had 29 over 100 in maths, what grade will you give such a person.? F abi, oya, grade GEJ yourself.
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Candybob(m): 1:47am On Dec 09, 2012
1/1000
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by stshakes(m): 2:12am On Dec 09, 2012
Na wa oh... Train no dey, we complain... Train don come now we still dey complain, some even dey ask who go enter the train... I don tire for my country people. Just what exactly can be done to please you peep? Haaaaaaa

7 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by tutu1: 2:34am On Dec 09, 2012
hmm I hope they put security in place, because this seems like a free lift for Boko Haram embarassedboyz into lagos oh
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by GeneralJ(m): 2:52am On Dec 09, 2012
Free passage for boko boyz embarassed boko boyz are probably smiling
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Telez(m): 2:59am On Dec 09, 2012
Thats gud
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Kitomania(m): 4:03am On Dec 09, 2012
@ Born2f**k and Lobotinti
Why do u hate Hausa people we are humans like u .... every person has weakness if one or two had done some bad things why condemn us all... Remember this some of us School togather, aluta together, serviced together, club together and sometimes eat together.... all those u no talk na now u dey abuse us like say we fall from de sky.... what of d Aboki u dey call us "Are we not Friends again Guys ?"

15 Likes

Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by azpeculiar: 4:17am On Dec 09, 2012
If in 2012 those lines are still not modern hi-speed rail lines, then I'm not listening. The Abokis had better use them to ferry their cattle to and from the North. Shame!
Re: Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade by Kobojunkie: 4:18am On Dec 09, 2012
baby-boy:

All the rail lines in the country are being rehabilitation . . started back in 2009, and should continue till 2016. Kaduna happened to come online before Enugu, that is all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

“Victor Agbaroji Must Go”, OML 26 Workers, Delta Oil Communities Protest / The Shame Of Buhari's Foreign Medical Trips - Guardian Editorial / 2023 Elections: I Supported Tinubu, Worked Against Atiku 100% — Fayose (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.