Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues (13071 Views)

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / I Need An Interpretation Of This Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by crackhaus: 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
A word of advice or rather, just a word to you non-christians and atheists commenting: I understand the skepticism that accompanies christianity, in fact christianity itself is one confusing religion not because of its divinity but because of its diversity. These days, one can hardly refer to christianity as one homogenous entity, the reason being too many denominations and beliefs depending on how the overseer of each denomination interpretes what he read.
Now this is the issue, skeptics and non-believers here should and must not throw tantrums, insults and disregard to the person of the Holy Spirit, I too hold a little bit of skepticism but I know enough not to talk ill of God's Holy Spirit for this is the greatest sin of all. A discussion like this regarding speaking in tongues which is a gift of presence of the Holy Spirit in a person should be thread on carefully, everyone holds his own opinion but please deliver your opinions objectively.
Now this is my opinion on the subject, I don't think a lot of people are able to interprete tongues except of course they are actually known languages not initially spoken by said speaker but are these what we hear? I think not! Even if this language says something between speaker and God via the Holy Spirit(vessel), I really don't think the interpretation will be given to another person who overheard the tongues except again it was a known language (german, french, hausa, ishan or urhobo). I don't believe a clergy would say from the pulpit, 'speak in tongues' and then everyone immediately switches to incomprehensive verbatim. I believe since it is now the norm to speak God language no one else knows, then said speaker should and must be able to interprete what he/she spoke, if said speaker cannot interprete his/her own tongues GENUINELY then there is something wrong. Notice the word in capitals? That's cause some will say they know what they were saying but its still just their know-say, I can never be sure till I get filled by the Holy Spirit myself and speak thus.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 21, 2012
A baby Christian can be filled with the Holy Ghost, however, and have power, and can even have the gifts of the Spirit operating in his life. For example, the corinthians were babes. Paul called them babes in Christ: "And i, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ"( 1 cor3:1). Yet he also said"......ye come behind in no gift...."( 1 cor 1:7). Therefore, even though the corinthians were babes in Christ and didn't have a lot of fruit of the spirit evident yet in their lives, they did have gifts of the Spirit operating in their lives. The fruits of the spirit are for HOLINESS, but the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for POWER, and you can have power without being so holy. Yet the combination of holiness and power in a Christian's life is best, and that is what God desires. Shalom
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by mygirrl: 1:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
cold:
grin grin Similar to an experience i had in the mid 2000s. Whilst i was praying fervently & ferociously,suddenly fell to the ground & starting hearing a voice in my head; 'let the bodies hit the floor,let the bodies hit floor aahh let the bodies hit the floor'. It kept going on & on & every where i turned people where dropping to the floor like hot potatoes. It was such an exhilirating experience..sigh..igbo na bahdt tin grin

I feel very much insulted that you will make jest of such a wonderful experience. If you don't believe fine but please mind what you say. if any of you making jest of the gifts of God and God should ever feel his wrath ..... Hmmmm I pity you.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by topetobi(m): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
When u pray in tongues, "ur spirit" is praying. The inspiration may come from d holy spirit or wat ur spirit senses:see,hears etc in d unseen world even though u must have pass thru d stage of All INSPIRATION from d holy spirit b4 ur spirit wil stand alone and pray. And hence ppl pray in tongues on hearin praya point in unda standing.
Now to interpretation of tongues it is very real though scarce because when ur spirit is active in praya it is alwayz at d peak nd a seperate deposit of God wil b givin u d meaning of every statement u say wch to me at times seems slowing down ones spirit and is not at times enhance.And any gift u donot enhance wil not manifest, but if u desire d gift nd when it comes u enhance it den it wil manifest, a broda i know enhance d gift so wel dat any genuie praya or word in tongues in any gathering wil b heard clearly by him. Enhancement is d key! dat is why most ppl dont speak in tongue dey desire it but dey dont enhance it, dey dont want to say sakaraba even though it has been deposited as a gift by God until dey are inspired by d holy spirt.
So most ppl desire prayin in tongues,few interpretation and out of d few, very few enhances it. By his grace i ave d deposit of interpretation of tongues.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Shokoloko(f): 1:26pm On Dec 21, 2012
cold:
grin grin Similar to an experience i had in the mid 2000s. Whilst i was praying fervently & ferociously,suddenly fell to the ground & starting hearing a voice in my head; 'let the bodies hit the floor,let the bodies hit floor aahh let the bodies hit the floor'. It kept going on & on & every where i turned people where dropping to the floor like hot potatoes. It was such an exhilirating experience..sigh..igbo na bahdt tin grin

I rebuke u. Casting down every imagination that exalts itself against the glory of God
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by kandiikane(m): 1:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Actually I know of an old illiterate woman in a church I attended when I was back in Enugu who only speaks Igbo and cannot speak a word of English but whenever she prays in tongues, she prophesies in English.

I have also heard the testimony of a muslim who came to Enugu for a conference and while the church was praying, a particular brother was praying in tongues and speaking in Hausa and this muslim (now ex-muslim) was listening to him and asking questions in his heart while the brother who was speaking in tongues was giving him direct answers to the thoughts in his heart. That is how the guy got saved from Islam and came to Christ. Mind you, the guy that was praying did not know how to speak Hausa at all.

I can tell you about the first day I spoke in tongues. I remember consciously trying not to speak but whenever I opened my mouth, the words came bubbling out. I remember going down on my knees and crying because I was a skeptic and it had only been about a few weeks since I came to the knowledge of Christ but the Holy Spirit chose to give me an experience that cleared all doubt for me.

It's the euphoria and adrenaline. Your body and mind gets too excited. I remember going to one church and they were delivering. I was sooo nervous and my heart was pumping so fast when people started dropping around me. The moment the pastor touched my head my legs buckled but I knew I wasn't going to drop because it was all in my mind. So, I was there with the pastor pushing my head back, going round and round the room almost breaking my neck.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
Unrighteousness in Christiandom today has made this precious gift seem so rare. In prayer sessions these days hardly will u hear Prophesies let alone interpretation of tongues. When i was 14 yrs old, i was invited to a youth crusade where the eldest amongst them wasn't up to 20 yrs old and that was my first time in a Pentecostal gathering, before then i never knew God relates with men and even speak audibly until i was given a word of knowledge which i doubted thinking the brother knew abt what he said and it was not God that spoke to him but, come to think of it; this brother does not know me yet i kept doubting and calling them liers, i promised myself never to go there again. On getting home, while still wondering i heared a vioice and it said "why is thou doubting me" it was strange, then i knew all that happened at the crusade was not made up. It was in this same gathering of teanagers that i heared the interpretation of tongues for the first time. In asmuch as there are genuine tongues and interpretations we should aswell not be ignorant of develish nd marine tongues. Let all who speak in tonges today enquire of the Lord whose tongue they speak? Daniel 2 vs 22. Shalom!
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by GoodNigerian: 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
Willy7: As a christian and active worshiper,i've witnessed and most times experienced the diverse gifts of the Holy Spirit as listed in 1 cor.12:7-12,but i'm yet to even see one person manifesting the gift of interpretation of tongues recorded in the verse 10 of the said chapter.I'm having the thought that after the pentecost,such gift never existed again.Today we hear so many kinds of tongues been spoken,but nobody interprets or can tell what its been spoken,not even the speaker.And this leaves me with the question,Have you ever seen or witnessed this gift in operation before? Please no insults,i need matured inputs.Thanks
Yes. I have witnessed it. It is still real. Atleast, the last time was in 2002. This is a spiritual matter hence I cannot lie about it. To many people's bewilderment, am a Catholic.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2012
Unrighteousness in Christiandom today has made this precious gift seem so rare. In prayer sessions these days hardly will u hear Prophesies let alone interpretation of tongues. When i was 14 yrs old, i was invited to a youth crusade where the eldest amongst them wasn't up to 20 yrs old and that was my first time in a Pentecostal gathering, before then i never knew God relates with men and even speak audibly until i was given a word of knowledge which i doubted thinking the brother knew abt what he said and it was not God that spoke to him but, come to think of it; this brother does not know me yet i kept doubting and calling them liers, i promised myself never to go there again. On getting home, while still wondering over all that happened i heared a vioice and it said "why is thou doubting me" it was strange, then i knew all that happened at the crusade was not made up. It was in this same gathering of teanagers that i heared the interpretation of tongues for the first time. In asmuch as there are genuine tongues and interpretations we should aswell not be ignorant of develish and marine tongues. Let all who speak in tonges today enquire of the Lord whose tongue they speak? Daniel 2 vs 22. Shalom!
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by bokohalal(m): 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
Must you speak in tongues to prophesy?
Prophetic nonsense,anyway.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by bokohalal(m): 1:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
DC Trendy: @ Poster,

I have seen it before. It is real!

In 2003 or so, I went to pray on d montain, there was an Evangelist that use to lead the prayer and I joined them. Meanwhile, there was another group of people praying @ the extreme end of the montain.

When it was exactly 12noon, someone from the other group started speaking in tonuges @ the peak of her voice. Then the evangelist stopped our prayer and everone became calmed.

When the woman stopped, our Evan. Said God said, we should pray and say Father, as this Sun is coming out, let my glory appear n shine too. Prior to that time, the weather was dull and cloudy, but exactly 12noon, theSun came out n started shinning brightly.

So, I av seen it and I know its really.

Also, the fact that its not common nowaday doesn't mean its not exisiting. If its not, the Bible ll not put it there.

Grace be unto us all.

Na wa!
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Deiok(m): 2:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
You dare not mock the gift of the holy ghost or you will ever regrete living. For any sin against the holy spirit can never be forgiven. So you all better watch what you post.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by bamto(m): 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
mulumele: Jesus said,"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you".
Some of these topics being brought up for debates and comments in this forum full of atheists and mockers only lead to blasphemy.These should be rather discussed among Christians.
Just my opinion.
You are so on point. I think the so called religion section should be further segmented. Doctrinal Teachings are not meant for people outside the faith. Even though atheists and what not would still intrude, they will be certain they are 'intruders' Seun should consider this. 2go does it better!
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Yooguyz: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
Evil Brain: When I was a kid, this was one of my first clear clues that Christianity was a crock of bullshít. The tongues people were speaking were clearly just gibberish. And I never once heard anybody speak in a real, known language, which is what Acts of the Apostles was clearly talking about.

I kept looking for someone who'd start speaking Cantonese or some other foreign tongue. Instead, all I kept hearing was "rabababa mamamama shokoraba" Even a 10 year old can tell the difference between a strange language and gibberish.

How other Christians fail to realize this is beyond me. None are so blind as those who refuse to see.
you are wrong isaiah28:11-12, 1cor 14:17-22 .some translations quote Isaiah saying "with babbling speech..." (to conote the way toodlers talk wic is gibberish) "...and tongues of other nations"(just d way it was spoken on the day of pentecost..Hence we infer that Paul was talking about 2 kinds of tongues
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Yooguyz: 2:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
Willy7: As a christian and active worshiper,i've witnessed and most times experienced the diverse gifts of the Holy Spirit as listed in 1 cor.12:7-12,but i'm yet to even see one person manifesting the gift of interpretation of tongues recorded in the verse 10 of the said chapter.I'm having the thought that after the pentecost,such gift never existed again.Today we hear so many kinds of tongues been spoken,but nobody interprets or can tell what its been spoken,not even the speaker.And this leaves me with the question,Have you ever seen or witnessed this gift in operation before? Please no insults,i need matured inputs.Thanks
YOU ARE A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS AREN'T YOU? Those folks are the funniest set of xtains i have ever seen..well i have bad news 4you interpretation of tongues is very much alive and active i wont waste my time to tell you real life experiences cos you choose to believe what you want to..people like you BELIEVE IN THE SUPERNATURAL when u need one.i pray you have a serious problem that makes you DESPERATe
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Yooguyz: 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2012
YOU ARE A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS AREN'T YOU? Those folks are the funniest set of xtains i have ever seen..well i have bad news 4you interpretation of tongues is very much alive and active i wont waste my time to tell you real life experiences cos you choose to believe what you want to..people like you BELIEVE IN THE SUPERNATURAL when u need one.i pray you have a serious problem that makes you DESPERATe
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by kandiikane(m): 2:33pm On Dec 21, 2012
Yooguyz: YOU ARE A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS AREN'T YOU? Those folks are the funniest set of xtains i have ever seen..well i have bad news 4you interpretation of tongues is very much alive and active i wont waste my time to tell you real life experiences cos you choose to believe what you want to..people like you BELIEVE IN THE SUPERNATURAL when u need one.i pray you have a serious problem that makes you DESPERATe

Na wa for you oo. So when you go to church you pray for people to have serious problems?
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Yooguyz: 2:34pm On Dec 21, 2012
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by wiegraf: 2:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
mygirrl:

I only asked a question which requires a yes or no answer. I don't understand why you have to start throwing insults.

Because they are insulting, silly questions. What do you expect?
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Yooguyz: 2:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
kandiikane:

Na wa for you oo. So when you go to church you pray for people to have serious problems?
people like the op who deliberately close their eyes to bible truth deserve to see STRONG THING cos from experience that wat causes them to see truth
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
lol.
You Christians are a riot grin
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by kandiikane(m): 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2012
Yooguyz: people like the op who deliberately close their eyes to bible truth deserve to see STRONG THING cos from experience that wat causes them to see truth

And does your bible say you can only experience the truth if you're in a serious problem?
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
Ayam currently reading a book "the Holy Spirit and His Gifts by kenneth hagin...i would advise believers to grab a copy from a christian bookstore..it's a tremendous blessing.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by EvilBrain1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
mygirrl:

You cannot say that someone is speaking rubbish just because what you can hear is gibberish, let God be the judge after all it is him we are trying to communicate with. I remember the first day I ever spoke in tongues. I told God that I don't want to talk rubbish but that he should make me know that it is indeed from him. I remember we were told to lift up our hands and just talk to Jesus, while I was saying thank you Father for a beautiful day and so on, suddenly a very powerful but light wind/force pushed me to the ground, I started rolling and when I opened my mouth to say you are the alpha and the omega a different language came out. It felt as if my tongue was loosed and I started talking I kept on speaking in this strange language for over an hour. If I try to speak in English, a different language will come out

Your subjective experience is proof of nothing. Hysteria and adrenalin can be a powerful combination. In any case whatever you felt doesn't change the fact that you're mumbling gibberish.

To prove me wrong, all you have to do is find a person speaking in tongues in a language (ancient or modern) that skeptics like me can identify and verify. And no, an old ibo woman praying in English even though she claims she can't speak it doesn't count. Show me a YouTube video of a Mongolian speaking Efik and maybe we'll talk.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Originalsly: 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2012
Tongue speakers.... has there ever been anything like the Day of Pentecost? When they were given the gift and spoke...everyone who heard them understood what they were saying. When you rattle off in tongues ....does anyone understand ? Or really interprets? How can someone interpret when you yourself don't even know what you are saying? And how do you figure that you have to talk in this secret language to God so the devil wouldn't know what you are saying? Didnt the Bible self tell you to pray in private and not to pray publicly and make a big show?... which is what takes place in the hmmm...tongue sessions? Are you sure you are not praying to the devil and don't even know? All this so called speaking in tongues as practised in churches is nonsense period.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Yooguyz: 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
kandiikane:

And does your bible say you can only experience the truth if you're in a serious problem?
if you have ever engaged a Jehovah's witness on bible talk wrt to the above you will undastand what am talking about
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by AGgal(f): 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
I've witnessed it twice in my church,TAC. It was awsome!
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Yooguyz: 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
kandiikane:

if you have ever engaged a Jehovah's witness on bible talk wrt to the above you will undastand why i am talking like this
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Jakumo(m): 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
I speak cuntilingus fluently, after many, many years of dedicated tutelage between the glistening thighs of my willing tutors.

Thank you Jeeesus.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Yooguyz: 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
Originalsly: Tongue speakers.... has there ever been anything like the Day of Pentecost? When they were given the gift and spoke...everyone who heard them understood what they were saying. When you rattle off in tongues ....does anyone understand ? Or really interprets? How can someone interpret when you yourself don't even know what you are saying? And how do you figure that you have to talk in this secret language to God so the devil wouldn't know what you are saying? Didnt the Bible self tell you to pray in private and not to pray publicly and make a big show?... which is what takes place in the hmmm...tongue sessions? Are you sure you are not praying to the devil and don't even know? All this so called speaking in tongues as practised in churches is nonsense period.
FOOL tell n show me churches and people who speak the "real tongues" like in the day of pentecost. Am waiting
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Yooguyz: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
Jakumo: I speak cuntilingus fluently, after many, many years of dedicated tutelage between the glistening thighs of my willing tutors.

Thank you Jeeesus.
i feel very sorry for you making a mockery of the holy ghost like that...you need a touch of power
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Image123(m): 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist / Do You Believe The World Will End on 21:12:12? / Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.