Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? - Entertainment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? (13256 Views)

Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by RickyRoss1(m): 12:36pm On Dec 23, 2012
It has to be Etighi bc Azonto is Ghanaian invention and not a Nigerian invention as claimed by the OP. No matter how una try una no fit dance Azonto like an Average Ghanaian.

And Kukere is a Song, Alingo is new though in Ghana it is becoming very popular. So for me I will go to Etighi
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by maygah(f): 12:59pm On Dec 23, 2012
I tot kukere and etighi are d same?
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by UD101(m): 12:59pm On Dec 23, 2012
Azonto has 2b D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ numba 1 \=D/ \=D/ ƪ =)) ʃ. ƪ =)) ʃ. ƪ.=)) ʃ.
. . . 
..≤¯≥. ≤¯≥. ≤¯≥ °˚ ˚° ºazonto.. OF D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ year, dats D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ only 1 U̶̲̥̅̊ can do evrything 4rm boxing, praying, applying make up, washing, etc while dancing †Φ it. Not nigerian though, it originated 4rm Ghana and has rapidly spread across Africa n now entering America n Europe.
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by 1ndidi2(f): 1:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
D title should have been- the most popular dance steps in 9ja for 2012

Have you seen elderly mothers wearing their blouse, two wrappers and gele dancing etghi? very funny I tell u

Or a brother wearing only boxers twisting to azono-hilarious and faggish.

Which one is kokoma?
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by IYANGBALI: 1:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
Mine is bonsue fuji by Adewale Ayuba
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 23, 2012
Kukere ŊƟ‎​ be dance! It is a song

Etighi na Dance for inside Kukere d song!

Get it!!!

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Abbey2sam(m): 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2012
dont8: I love Nigerians when it comes to creativity, every now and then we create unique stuffs; dance steps inclusive, which we dance to as youths and sometimes the children and the elderly ones are not left out.

Apart from the health benefits, dance is good for social interraction, confidence and well-being, but its unfortunate that dance do come and go, but the good news also is that new ones are given 'birth' to. Amongst the ones given 'birth' to this year are:

1. KUKERE

2. ETIGHI

3. AZONTO

4. ALINGO

5. KOKOMA

Base on popularity, which will you choose as your dance of 2012.
Kukere is a name of a song by iyanya while the name of the dance in that song is etighi.and Alingo to me is the same as azonto,psquare stole all the steps in azonto and decided to call it alingo in their video while kokoma can not be qualify to be a dance, so from my deduction we have only two dance above and they both rock and you can easily switch from azonto to etighi or from etighi to azonto.

So

Etighi aNd Azonto Rocks

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by crazygod(m): 1:39pm On Dec 23, 2012
Gangnam all d way joooor. But it aint nigerian. So I'll go for etighi. Alingo na wash. I didn't even see much of the dance in d video. Azonto is kinda faggish.
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by huninaija(f): 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dougie grin and i like to shake my yansh when kukere comes on! *Etighi's on the post*
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by chessguru1(m): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2012
Xyzee: Kukere is no dance in calabar but Etighi. Iyanya didn't create etighi but only danced it in his song kukere. The old man that invented etighi is there in Calabar dying in penury.
=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) . Heard that one of the man's leg is longer than the other. He was J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ trying his best 2 dance in a joint in calabar south whn people noticed the moves make sense.
Eya he should ave patented the dance move nah
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Ukeme453: 2:50pm On Dec 23, 2012
Guys, give it to ETIGHE for dance & KUKERE for song.
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dnawah(m): 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2012
Mynd_44:
my idea of fun is different. Clubbing but more like hanging with a table massively scattered with bottles of booze
fish,which one be ur water?hope no be sapele water o!
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by 0key: 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2012
when u watch alingo dance and azonto dance very well, u will definitely know that they are not d same. Twisting of legs is seen in western dance as there is in both alingo and azonto too.
2ndly, people who know how to dance azonto find it difficult to dance alingo cos the steps are new to them. Alingo dance involves moving one leg in scissors form, bending down, arms crossover and flapping of arms in a rapid motion. This is not azonto movt.
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by luvablesam(m): 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
safarigirl: gangnam isn't Nigerian/African, the topic is on Nigerian steps...besides, Gangnam style na for small children, na to dey jump like horse, dey swing imaginary rope..easy...Alingo's the man's dance
I knw its not nigerian So is azonto n etighi,funny u said Gangnam was for kids(shocked at u)I remember seeing OBJ vividly dancing it in ghana recent n Sabestian Vettel dance it too after winning d F1 grand prix there. So OOPUM GAnGNAM STYLE Dearie
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by safarigirl(f): 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2012
luvable sam: I knw its not nigerian So is azonto n etighi,funny u said Gangnam was for kids(shocked at u)I remember seeing OBJ vividly dancing it in ghana recent n Sabestian Vettel dance it too after winning d F1 grand prix there. So OOPUM GAnGNAM STYLE Dearie
looks like a silly dance to me..if an African had propagated that dance e no for pass their village...buh since everyone thinks Asians are funny, they were able to sell the moves...doesn't exonerate it from looking like something a child put together and it's generally viewed as silly, you dance it to goof off, not cos you a badassss.
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by masterpiecer(m): 5:37pm On Dec 23, 2012
gree-die:
azonto

i thought the azonto dance is originally ghanain?
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by masterpiecer(m): 5:40pm On Dec 23, 2012
dont8: I love Nigerians when it comes to creativity, every now and then we create unique stuffs; dance steps inclusive, which we dance to as youths and sometimes the children and the elderly ones are not left out.

Apart from the health benefits, dance is good for social interraction, confidence and well-being, but its unfortunate that dance do come and go, but the good news also is that new ones are given 'birth' to. Amongst the ones given 'birth' to this year are:

1. KUKERE

2. ETIGHI

3. AZONTO

4. ALINGO

5. KOKOMA

so alanta don reign go?
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by luvablesam(m): 5:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
safarigirl: looks like a silly dance to me..if an African had propagated that dance e no for pass their village...buh since everyone thinks Asians are funny, they were able to sell the moves...doesn't exonerate it from looking like something a child put together and it's generally viewed as silly, you dance it to goof off, not cos you a badassss.
yeah u ar kinda rite about if it were to An african dat propagated gangnam it wudnt av worked like wen flavours 'ashewo remix' n his dance steps went viral in africa,I checked it out on youtube guess what............it only had 5million hits after a year online talkless of kukere or etighi by dver(that's even if etighi is on youtube). All d same Gangnam is simple n fun to dance, can't wait to c u do d STYLE#lol#
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by safarigirl(f): 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2012
luvable sam: yeah u ar kinda rite about if it were to An african dat propagated gangnam it wudnt av worked like wen flavours 'ashewo remix' n his dance steps went viral in africa,I checked it out on youtube guess what............it only had 5million hits after a year online talkless of kukere or etighi by dver(that's even if etighi is on youtube). All d same Gangnam is simple n fun to dance, can't wait to c u do d STYLE#lol#
I do it everytime I hear the jam...hell I incorporated it into the Alingo song (the hook, you should try it sometime. Make sense die)
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by touchmehard: 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
But Azonto is a Ghanaian dance. The Nigerian dance of the year is Etighi
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by luvablesam(m): 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2012
safarigirl: I do it everytime I hear the jam...hell I incorporated it into the Alingo song (the hook, you should try it sometime. Make sense die)
lol
Buh seriously is alingo a dance for an individual or a group?cos me I tiink its meant for groups,d dance has a lot or routines,enrgy sapping tooo.wats ur take on azonto?
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by safarigirl(f): 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2012
luvable sam: lol
Buh seriously is alingo a dance for an individual or a group?cos me I tiink its meant for groups,d dance has a lot or routines,enrgy sapping tooo.wats ur take on azonto?
I wouldn't advise anyone to do those moves in a club, cos like I said, if you hit someone's jaw with your elbows, P-square no send you message.

It's good for morning work-out sessions and would look better if danced as a group, but it won't take away from the individuals.

Azonto is cool, buh some think it doesn't look good on dudes, me thinks if dudes dance it as they should, it looks awesome...definitely much easier than Alingo.

Hmm, might do a vid combining Alingo-Gangnam style-Etighi-Yahooze and Azonto using the Alingo song and put it up on Youtube, so y'all can learn...I'm nice like that grin
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by luvablesam(m): 6:41pm On Dec 23, 2012
safarigirl: I wouldn't advise anyone to do those moves in a club, cos like I said, if you hit someone's jaw with your elbows, P-square no send you message.

It's good for morning work-out sessions and would look better if danced as a group, but it won't take away from the individuals.

Azonto is cool, buh some think it doesn't look good on dudes, me thinks if dudes dance it as they should, it looks awesome...definitely much easier than Alingo.

Hmm, might do a vid combining Alingo-Gangnam style-Etighi-Yahooze and Azonto using the Alingo song and put it up on Youtube, so y'all can learn...I'm nice like that grin
do u realy dance?
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by safarigirl(f): 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
luvable sam: do u realy dance?
yep, it's a hobby, keeps me in shape without having to visit the gym cheesy
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 23, 2012

1. KUKERE

2. ETIGHI

3. AZONTO

4. ALINGO

5. KOKOMA

azonto is not a Nigerian dance chalay..
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Uwehok: 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2012
Etighi tins
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by ayobase(m): 11:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
Mynd_44:
Anyone you like

Strippers gat it!
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by AGgal(f): 11:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
dont8: You're wrong, kukere is a Calabar dance step, Iyanya only made a hit out of it. Azonto on the other hand is a Ghanian invention quite alright, but its more popular in Nigeria, while Alingo is more energetic of the lot.
No bro kukere is a song while etighi is d dance,take it 4rm me. Ami ndi eyen calabar
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by luvablesam(m): 11:37pm On Dec 23, 2012
safarigirl: yep, it's a hobby, keeps me in shape without having to visit the gym cheesy
yea gyms are freaking expensive dis days,av u tried one lately? U wud be suprised at d cost they wud tell u.I do mine on my own buh dancing shld be a better way to kip fit
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by razznaija(f): 12:55am On Dec 24, 2012

1. KUKERE

2. ETIGHI

3.AZONTO

4. ALINGO

5. KOKOMA

Azonto is not a Nigerian dance, so why is it on the list?
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Xyzee: 6:12am On Dec 24, 2012
chess guru:
=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) . Heard that one of the man's leg is longer than the other. He was J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ trying his best 2 dance in a joint in calabar south whn people noticed the moves make sense.
Eya he should ave patented the dance move nah

You are very right. The man stays in Ekpo Abasi, off Mayne Avenue there in South. Iyanya is now making money and fame via what he didn't invent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day (SEE FOUR WIVES) / Ehiz Wins MTV Base VJ Search Nigeria 2013 / Mtn Project Fame Or Idols: Which Has The Best Products?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.