Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,050 members, 7,866,961 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:56 AM

Atheism Will Rule - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Will Rule (606 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Will Rule by ooman(m): 7:55am On Dec 21, 2012
About 2000 years ago, there was no christianity, about 1000 years ago, there was no islam. The world was a better place then.

But now, there is christianity and islam, but progress keep petering out in the world always. People are now noticing this and in the next 2000 years to come, there will be no more religion. Muslims would have killed all christians, then kill themselves in suicide bombing. That is funny but true.

There is hope for the world, it starts from eradicating religion away.

Religion is the source of all evil.
Re: Atheism Will Rule by AtheistD(m): 8:04am On Dec 21, 2012
ooman: About 2000 years ago, there was no christianity, about 1000 years ago, there was no islam. The world was a better place then.

But now, there is christianity and islam, but progress keep petering out in the world always. People are now noticing this and in the next 2000 years to come, there will be no more religion. Muslims would have killed all christians, then kill themselves in suicide bombing. That is funny but true.

Was it? The world was never a better place. That was why ppl turned to those religions. It is now that these religions serve no REAL purpose.
Re: Atheism Will Rule by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 21, 2012
ooman: About 2000 years ago, there was no christianity, about 1000 years ago, there was no islam. The world was a better place then.

Good morning,

You really do not strike me as one who is sincere. I believe you just have a problem with religion.

A sincere Atheist would respect someones beliefs though refuse to believe himself.
Re: Atheism Will Rule by ooman(m): 8:23am On Dec 21, 2012
striktlymi:

Good morning,

You really do not strike me as one who is sincere. I believe you just have a problem with religion.

A sincere Atheist would respect someones beliefs though refuse to believe himself.

The poverty i see all around me always without God, who so loved us, doing nothing about it even though people pray, i can't just overlook that.

I respect your believe, that is why i am not suicide bombing anybody already. But someone must say something, get the people out of the churches and mosques, get them to think and bring prosperity rather than to pray and wait for miracles, which has never come.
Re: Atheism Will Rule by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 21, 2012
ooman:

The poverty i see all around me always without God, who so loved us, doing nothing about it even though people pray, i can't just overlook that.

I respect your believe, that is why i am not suicide bombing anybody already. But someone must say something, get the people out of the churches and mosques, get them to think and bring prosperity rather than to pray and wait for miracles, which has never come.

Good morning,

I agree with some of the points you raized. Poverty is so prevalent today that the gap between the haves and the have nots seem to be growing wider. I agree that something drastic needs to be done by everyone concerned. But I do not agree that religion is the reason why people are poor.

If by chance religion stops, I assure you that poverty will still be in the world. Poverty is an ofshoot of the selfishness and greed of man. There are more than enough resources present in our world to meet at least the 3 most essencial needs of men. Food, clothing and shelter are d basics every man is entitled to in order to live a dignified life but so many lack these because things are not done right.

It would interest you to know that some of the haves are also Atheists. Some care about the poverty of others while some do not have a care in the world.

I believe firmly that in order to do something about poverty, people need to come together and work selflessly as a unit. We should allow what we have in common to unite us rather than focus on our differences. Everyone, irrespective of what we believe or not believe in need to come together and fight this menace called poverty for the greater good of all. Fighting religion is not the same as fighting poverty.

Thank you!
Re: Atheism Will Rule by UyiIredia(m): 2:01pm On Dec 21, 2012

Was car transport available then ? cell phones ? airplanes ? the Internet ? or advanced health care ? You must the stupid to think life was better 2000 years ago. You or I won't be alive 2000 years from now but I'm rest assured that religion will be because it has been over the past millenia and it is an inescapable part of being human.
Re: Atheism Will Rule by AtheistD(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Was car transport available then ? cell phones ? airplanes ? the Internet ? or advanced health care ? You must the stupid to think life was better 2000 years ago. You or I won't be alive 2000 years from now but I'm rest assured that religion will be because it has been over the past millenia and it is an inescapable part of being human.

Ah yes.... but will Xtianity be around in 2000 years?
Re: Atheism Will Rule by UyiIredia(m): 4:10pm On Dec 21, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Ah yes.... but will Xtianity be around in 2000 years?

It will be. It's a pretty flexible religion.
Re: Atheism Will Rule by AtheistD(m): 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

It will be. It's a pretty flexible religion.

It is grin

It would need to be extremely flexible to survive.

It would need to:

Do away with the old testament
Do away with most of the new
Do away with the belief in God and any other deities
Do away with the binding nature of the religion
Do away with heaven and hell
Add a lot of new stuff mostly related to current society
Add a balanced view in regards to races, cultures, sex, sexuality etc
State that the bible is not literal.
State that the bible is fictional with a view to understanding how to relate with man.
Re: Atheism Will Rule by greatgenius: 4:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
striktlymi:

Good morning,

he is not sincere...some of these pseudo atheist parading as atheist are some of the most ignorant set of humans you would meet.. they are just as ignorant as the Christians and Moslems they ridicule ...
Re: Atheism Will Rule by greatgenius: 4:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Was it? The world was never a better place. That was why ppl turned to those religions. It is now that these religions serve no REAL purpose.
good point...The introduction of polarity was what brought about religion .. Religions has always existed all the way to antiquity from when women used to control every aspect of society till now...

Religion could be blamed for part of the problem but the truth is that THE PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM not religion...

When humans begins to remember who they are the need for religion will be no more..
Re: Atheism Will Rule by AtheistD(m): 6:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
greatgenius: good point...The introduction of polarity was what brought about religion .. Religions has always existed all the way to antiquity from when women used to control every aspect of society till now...

Religion could be blamed for part of the problem but the truth is that THE PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM not religion...

When humans begins to remember who they are the need for religion will be no more..

Religion however is now part of the problem. These days there must be a justification for any axtion carried out and it has become too easy to use religion as a convenient excuse. Ppl follow religion blindly and that in itself is why some religions are exploitative
Re: Atheism Will Rule by greatgenius: 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2012
^^^ultimately the PEOPLE are the problem..does religion follow people or people follow religion..Think about this deeply
Re: Atheism Will Rule by achinaboy(m): 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2012

personally,i think people are the problem not the religion,although trying to explain this will take hours and still there will be no lokum standi,
Re: Atheism Will Rule by AtheistD(m): 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
greatgenius: ^^^ultimately the PEOPLE are the problem..does religion follow people or people follow religion..Think about this deeply

The ppl are not the problem. You get all sorts of ppl everywhere in the world but religion dictates a great deal as to what is acceptable and what is not in society.
Re: Atheism Will Rule by greatgenius: 9:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
^^^^Is religion a being ? Is religion intelligent? Who made or "invented" religion? Did religion invent itself? ... Why do you guys always look at things from a lower perspective?

(1) (Reply)

Total Deliverance / A Question For Christian Brothers And Sisters / Faith - Prophet Olaye George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.