Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,161 members, 7,829,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence (14794 Views)

EFCC To Write Interpol Over Sambo, Kuku, Lamorde, Others / Saraki To VP: "I Cannot Be Summoned By A 'Mere Commissioner" - SaharaReporters / 2015: PDP, NWC Divided Over Sambo-amaechi Joint Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by COOLDUN: 5:21am On Dec 22, 2012
naptu2:

Before 1991 the President's Abuja residence was Aguda House. After 1991 Aguda House became the Vice President's residence.

The government decided to build another residence for the vice president and convert Aguda House to a presidential guest house.

Yar'Adua's government then gave the vice president's residence to the chief justice. They Vice President stayed at Aguda House.

Now the government wants to build a new residence for the vice president and convert Aguda House into a guest house again.

Why can’t the Aso rock contain both the President and the Vice? After all they told us to manage and bear the economical hardship till the economy improves. Do they know that family of 12 park themselves in a small room in Nigeria? Waiting for when the messiah economic recovery bla bla will materialize. Does it mean that the accommodation of the politicians is more important than Nigerians in general? This amount of money can build as many houses that will house 80% of Nigerians. This fund will be wasted for a single man and his family, adding to the ones he acquired fraudulently. Why can't this fund be used for the construction of the railway link to the South East or other non completed areas? Sorry for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Nobody: 5:26am On Dec 22, 2012
ffo: u r invited
With all the evidence in the bible dat Christ was a blackman.
Africans still believe in the white Jesus
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by COOLDUN: 5:33am On Dec 22, 2012
OsunOriginal:

Na only south-east needs road rehabilitation? Stupid tribalistic Igbo man.

And why are you complaining? Is the man in Aso rock not one of your own - Azikwe Abele Jonathan? Stupid good for nothing animals.

Foooooolish moderator will not see this nasty comment now, but when it is challenged he will ban the comment, what is wrong with someone saying his mind? Were the Igbo people the only tribe that voted for GEJ? or South East don't belong to Nigeria again? Mr. or Miss Moderator, for leaving this comment till this time shows that you are a BIGOT. If Igbo people are animals for voting for GEJ, then Yorubas are BEASTS because there is no Yoruba name if GEJ names. Ban my comment, I don't bloody care.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by eyennyin: 6:38am On Dec 22, 2012
...well, this is how the charade is played in Abuja. You budget very high to get Nigeria build u a very expensive house at inflated price, at the end of Ur term u buy the house at 10percent the price, u either pay with that inflated cut u made or u call the fct minister and others to perfect the papers without paying a dime, then u leave office, u now rent the house to the incoming VP at 100m per year. The new VP sends a budget to build his house too, he buys it too at the end of his tenure, and the cycle continues. So imagine say 1000 public officers doing this in Abuja, 100 each in each state and then do Ur calculation of the corruption. All these is made officially and even the EFCC can not see it. At the end Nigeria was able to build a house for a govt official free. Gowon and Buhari must be very jealous of the ingenuity of the present crops of govt people. I learnt obj had to build him one flat and Buhari was thrown out from a rented house. One day someone will be renting aso rock to the occupant. Trust me.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by sanusimuslim: 7:36am On Dec 22, 2012
My people you see how this useless people calling them our leaders want to finish them self no be us o. Because they want to build a house worth of 16b for one person in his country and they still announce it haba wen average of nigerian did not have a place to sleep and the senate also saying that they have summon JB for investigation for what. I wiLl ask the senate one question and is that Did Sambo himself can build a house worth of 16b with his personal pocket? I now know that both the GEJ,THE TWO UPPER HOUSE AND SAMBO are fool and basterd people in this country.( OLORI BURUKU NI GBOGBO AWON OLORI WA NI ILU YII)
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by nikky5(m): 8:47am On Dec 22, 2012
I pray dat the military take over power in this country asap and save us from the hands of these clueless and corrupt leaders.Only a military intervention will bring succour to our nation.Democracy is all about stealing and looting and pauperizing the citizenry in this country.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by auwal87(m): 8:59am On Dec 22, 2012
This amount can build 10 standard private Universities. I pity this country and its people. sad
That is a whopping $100 million.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by dmcdad: 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2012
goldfish80: N16b is too much to build a house fø̲̣̣я̅ one man απϑ his family! No need to setup a probe panel/commitee/taskforce/private/public hearing. Its not that difficult to figure out joor angry

This is not hard to figure out as it is very glaring.... May God help us all
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by dmcdad: 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2012
Koolking: Summon! Summon!! Summon!!!. . . Caveat: Anticipating prosecution at your own risk. Summon is a norm in the polity called Nigeria. Summon is a mean to give a pat on the shoulder and nod for national award

Lol
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Sagamite(m): 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2012
nikky5: I pray dat the military take over power in this country asap and save us from the hands of these clueless and corrupt leaders.Only a military intervention will bring succour to our nation.Democracy is all about stealing and looting and pauperizing the citizenry in this country.

Honestly, I have never wished a leader so dead as I wish Silverback Gorilla.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by dmcdad: 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2012
50calibre: When I say being born a Nigerian is like a curse or plague, some say I'm a pessimist.

Please tell me a country in the world where N16 billion of government money is used to build a house for just one man whereas many people struggle to survive, struggle to have three square meals, have no good road or electricity, have no jobs.

Julius Berger obviously want to get their own share of the national cake

This obviosuly has nothing to do with JB as they were only awarded the contract. We should be pointing accusing fingers to The VP and Co...
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Sagamite(m): 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2012
dmcdad:

This obviosuly has nothing to do with JB as they were only awarded the contract. We should be pointing accusing fingers to The VP and Co...

And you think they will have no corrupt hand in getting the grotesquing inflated contract?
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by dmcdad: 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2012
Sagamite:

And you think they will have no corrupt hand in getting the grotesque inflated contract?

Sure! This is Nigeria. They might be guilty of that. If you were in their shoes, won't you do the same? That is not to say they are the ones to blame. They wouldn't have a hand if they weren't given the contract in the first place. So, I think we should focus more(that does not mean they (JB) are clean out-rightly) on the source rather than JB.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Sagamite(m): 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2012
dmcdad:

Sure! This is Nigeria. They might be guilty of that. If you were in their shoes, won't you do the same? That is not to say they are the ones to blame. They wouldn't have a hand if they weren't given the contract in the first place. So, I think we should focus more(that does not mean they (JB) are clean out-rightly) on the source rather than JB.

If I was in their shoes, I wouldn't.

Don't think my moral values are at your level.

That is by the way, I am more bothered by your statement of saying "this obviosuly has nothing to do with JB".

An organisation that has been enmeshed in the public corruption system of Nigeria.

I don't think you would even spend $100m if you were going to build a residence for the US Vice president that would save him from a North Korea nuclear attack, talkless of a useless third world country where security needs is not as high.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by dmcdad: 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2012
Sagamite:

If I was in their shoes, I wouldn't.

Don't think my moral values are at your level.

That is by the way, I am more bothered by your statement of saying "this obviously has nothing to do with JB".

An organisation that has been enmeshed in the public corruption system of Nigeria.

I don't think you would even spend $100m if you were going to build a residence for the US Vice president that would save him from a North Korea nuclear attack, talkless of a useless third world country where security needs is not as high.

@ first bolded.. Hold it there! You don't know anything about my level of morality or ethics. So don't make assertions you can't prove. Okay? I only asked you a question based on a convention with the Nigerian system, that is not to say I would do so myself.

@second bolded... WHat I meant was that, one should not focus on JB as the villain on this as it's a company and not an individual in the sense that, it's out for business. That is not to say it doesnt have it's own fault like I stated in my earlier post, but they shouldn't be the ones to blame.

@last bolded... That is the more reason why I don't want to attribute the blame to the company in charge of the job, but rather the VP and those that signed/awarded such contract..
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by anulaxad(m): 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2012
if this house is built it will be on the top ten most expensive houses in the world tongue
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by dmcdad: 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2012
anulaxad: no its nots you did not check before you wrote your comment Nigerians you make me laugh[b] if this house is built it will be the third most expensive house in the world[/b]

What are you arguing about? 16B Naira is an equivalent of 100Million Dollars..

But the third most expensive house is The Penthouse, London, England – $200 million.

So, get your facts right.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by dmcdad: 3:41pm On Dec 22, 2012
anulaxad: if this house is built it will be on the top ten most expensive houses in the world tongue

Nah... That's false. The tenth most expensive house in the world costs $135million. It should be between the twelfth and fourteenth.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by HAH: 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2012
16 billion can buiid 1500 standard three bedroom bungalows or three estate of 500 houses each. I pity Nigeria
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by anulaxad(m): 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2012
dmcdad:

What are you arguing about? 16B Naira is an equivalent of 100Million Dollars..

But the third most expensive house is The Penthouse, London, England – $200 million.

So, get your facts right.
THAT COMMENT DOES NOT EXIST angry
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by dmcdad: 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2012
anulaxad: THAT COMMENT DOES NOT EXIST angry

Okay sir....
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Sagamite(m): 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2012
To build a house for one person in one of the poorest countries in the world would cost one tenth of building a new, highest-security embassy (that will host over 1000 staff) on land in one of the most expensive cities in the world, London.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1253378/Revealed-The-new-650m-high-security-US-London-embassy--complete-moat.html
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by OsunOriginal: 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2012
COOLDUN:

Foooooolish moderator will not see this nasty comment now, but when it is challenged he will ban the comment, what is wrong with someone saying his mind? Were the Igbo people the only tribe that voted for GEJ? or South East don't belong to Nigeria again? Mr. or Miss Moderator, for leaving this comment till this time shows that you are a BIGOT. If Igbo people are animals for voting for GEJ, then Yorubas are BEASTS because there is no Yoruba name if GEJ names. Ban my comment, I don't bloody care.

Wow! It pained you so much - good!

And before you forget, Igbos are Biafrans.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Aderemicharles(m): 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2012
Nigeria no go kill person oh,julius berger is only employed to build,y will the senate invite him for pulic hearing abi becos he no bring dere share abi.SENATE question SAMBO and not JB plc.#16bn for one person house.NIGERIA GOVT GOD GET UNA NUMBER
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Sagamite(m): 8:00pm On Dec 22, 2012
Aderemi charles: Nigeria no go kill person oh,julius berger is only employed to build,y will the senate invite him for pulic hearing abi becos he no bring dere share abi.SENATE question SAMBO and not JB plc.#16bn for one person house.NIGERIA GOVT GOD GET UNA NUMBER

Illiterate, they would need to question all stakeholders to get a clear view.

Will Sambo know the cost of building materials to justify or explain a cost? Or Julius Berger is in a better position to do that?
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by FOREXMART(m): 8:51pm On Dec 22, 2012
This is where i deeply and sincerely envy the South Africans.

I swear for say na SA the youths would have shut down the country for months with serious riots in all the states and all the labour union would have gone on strike.

Where the hell is NLC? This is bleeping tax payers money earned through hard labour so this is labour related. Why won't they shut down the bleeping country and let anarchy reign for a while so that these leaders can get a piece of our mind.

Jesus Christ we are so bleeping religious for even God's liking.

Is it that our leaders drink blood before they are sworn in so they become so heartless? 16billion for Bleep sake and our refineries are not working, security is zero, agriculture is terrible, no light, no trains, transport is terrible, manufacturing sector is zero and we spending 16 billion on a house the vp will rarely live in? Honestly our leaders are not crazy, it is Nigerians that are crazy and stewpid to sit and watch this happen. Sometimes i wish i could sniff the life of all of them.

Now watch moderators on nairaland ban me an hide my post.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by nagoma(m): 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2012
dulphines:
Who told you JB don't give bribe? Never heard of Julius Berger and Halliburton bribe scandal? They have been used by many politicians in top position for money laundering.
Do research before you comment sir.

The stard most visible bribe by JB is to build a mansion for the bribed officer at his place of choice, usuallynhis vi
Lage, but also Abuja. Many past ministers and even Directos in relevant positions have benefitted from this JB largesse. Medical care in Germany and tailor made German Cars free of charge are minor hand shakes.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by ebere1712: 6:41am On Dec 23, 2012
Yet all federal roads in aba are dilapidated. Why is julius berger building a house for the government undecided What the f..u.c.k is going on. F....U.C.K.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by jpphilips(m): 5:10am On Dec 31, 2012
henrysam: Somebody want to live in a 16b house while our roads are death trap, no security for the masses, health care delivery is zero, good food is out of the reach of the masses. When their plane starts to crash now they will say people are rejoicing in their misfortune but its God that is fighting them. He will continue to fight them untill we have leaders that will have the love of the people at heart. How. Can the people be suffering in the presence of plenty. I weep for this country

wipe the damn tears and shut the hell up, are the masses complaining??
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by jpphilips(m): 5:17am On Dec 31, 2012
nerodenero: While most Nigerians live below $1 yet d FG builds a house worth N16 billion.More burials beckon except una stop to dey defraud us.God is ready to fight for d masses and my advice is let d looting continues...

lol,

which masses god wan fight for?? the ones at home sleeping well or the ones at eagle square like the egyptians??
make no mistakes, god left Nigeria a long time ago.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by dmcdad: 5:38am On Dec 31, 2012
jp philips:

lol,

which masses god wan fight for?? the ones at home sleeping well or the ones at eagle square like the egyptians??
make no mistakes, god left Nigeria a long time ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Suspends Andy Uba, Four Others / Abdulminin Jibrin Apologizes To Buhari And All APC Supporters. / Labour Party Rejects Olusegun Mimiko Rejoining Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.