Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper (1745 Views)

Photo: Buhari's Wife In A Chopper With Oando's Wale Tinubu. / Pics Of The Private Chopper That Brought Adams Oshiomhole+Wife 2 Their Wedding / Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by channel190(m): 7:09am On Dec 22, 2012
Why must Nigeria’s Information Minister, Labaran Maku, lie about nearly perishing in the crashed chopper.
Saharareporters had it that Mr. Maku had left the venue of the funeral more than an hour before the crashed helicopter lifted off.
The sources insisted that Mr. Maku was already in Port Harcourt when passengers in a helicopter rented by ThisDay publisher, Nduka Obaigbena, spotted the burning chopper. The passengers in Mr. Obaighena’s helicopter brought the tragic news to Mr. Maku.

But The Information Minister had claimed in an Aso Rock press briefing that he was invited to join General Azazi and Governor Yakowa but that he "hesitated" and stayed back.

Why did he 'hesitate'?

He also add, he watched Mr. Azazi's chopper leave.

Sources told Saharareporters that Mr. Maku was with Ben Bruce-Murray, Timi Alaibe, Umaru Sanni and three others as Governor Yakowa and Mr. Azazi went to Mr. Oronto Douglas’ residence for lunch.
Nigerians is that crash a plot to eliminate the former NSA and the Kaduna State governor?
Who wants the former NSA and the Kaduna State governor be eliminated?

Why are several Nigerian public officials and movie stars who attended the funeral of Mr. Oronto Douglas’ father claiming that they were close to being passengers on the doomed helicopter?

Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by channel190(m): 7:11am On Dec 22, 2012
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by channel190(m): 7:16am On Dec 22, 2012
Drop me what you think about all this, I feel they must be hidden agendas
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by okosodo: 8:06am On Dec 22, 2012
Even me, i was about entering the helicopter when i discovered something smelling near the axle so i refused
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by Akshow: 8:14am On Dec 22, 2012
I Dont know who to believe cos he May have been truly invited to join the convoy but if he is making it up, then a Big shame on him for tryin to score sympathy from other people's misfortune. Never even really liked him since that fuel subsidy fiasco. He could rot in hell for all i care
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by channel190(m): 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2012
okosodo: Even me, i was about entering the helicopter when i discovered something smelling near the axle so i refused
you got me laughing on sympathy
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by channel190(m): 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
Akshow: I Dont know who to believe cos he May have been truly invited to join the convoy but if he is making it up, then a Big shame on him for tryin to score sympathy from other people's misfortune. Never even really liked him since that fuel subsidy fiasco. He could rot in hell for all i care
now u making me hate him the more, for the subsidy we knew he will get some advantages to him self, but for this avoidable lie, am confused why he must even lie, for what.
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by channel190(m): 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2012
my battery have been flat, that why I couldn't reply earlier, please do forgive me
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by Tolexander: 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2012
he didnt lie naw cos that is the truth! He was just lucky not being in the chopper.
Even u and i were lucky cos if we were in the chopper, we would perish. But we were not there.
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by channel190(m): 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2012
Tolexander: he didnt lie naw cos that is the truth! He was just lucky not being in the chopper.
Even u and i were lucky cos if we were in the chopper, we would perish. But we were not there.

The Information Minister had claimed in an Aso Rock press briefing that he was invited to join General Azazi and Governor Yakowa but that he "hesitated" and stayed back.

The sources insisted that Mr. Maku was already in Port Harcourt when passengers in a helicopter rented by ThisDay publisher, Nduka Obaigbena, spotted the burning chopper. The passengers in Mr. Obaighena’s helicopter brought the tragic news to Mr. Maku.

How does he benefit from fact shifting?
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by channel190(m): 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2012
Tolexander:
we thank God for that. But do you also know he indicted himself? Why did he 'hesitate' to join the chopper? They is something fishy
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by emiye(m): 8:44pm On Dec 22, 2012
To be seen as a special one
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by channel190(m): 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2012
emiye: To be seen as a special one
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by musiwa10: 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2012
c
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by channel190(m): 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2012
musiwa10: you make laugh.. in nigeria, if someone invite you to come and eat.. how many people will eat..? most people may not want to eat because they dont want to be poison.. they kill people in nigeria..

funny, yes! But the fact is...we ve got a 'common sense', Gowon had wanted to enter same chopper but was ask not to...did you see any thing wrong or funny in their 'hesitation'?
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by Arobam: 1:19am On Dec 23, 2012
Bentv Channel
An exclusive interview with Nigeria’s Minister of Information Hon. Labaran Maku took place today with BEN Television, (Europe’s first Ethnic Satellite channel).
The Minister was reacting to erroneous claims that he was present at the take-off of the ill-fated helicopter from Bayelsa State that crashed killing 6 people including the Kaduna State Governor, Patrick Yakowa and the former National Security Adviser General Andrew Azazi.
We asked the Minister to give us a detailed account of the events. According to the Minister, after the burial of Oronto Douglas father’s, the Minister along with Kanu and Ogbonnayo Nwankwo, Timi Alaibe, Ben Bruce’ Jnr brother, Sani Umar, the Special Adviser on Media to Vice President and the late NSA, were invited back to Douglas’ house for a meal. The Governor, NSA, the Minister and Sani Umar discussed getting a helicopter together at 3pm but Umar later declined. The Minister decided to stay in the compound whilst all the others decided to go into the house. Whilst waiting outside, an earlier helicopter arrived to pick up guests at 2pm. The Minister decided to take the earlier ride with another group including Kanu Nwankwo and Timi Alaibe.
The Minister had already arrived in Port Harcourt when he heard news of the crash. Indeed, without the arrival of the 2PM chopper, he also would have been on the ill-fated helicopter. In essence he was not in Bayelsa State when it happened.
The Minister expressed surprise that few media houses were deciding to focus on him when many families were mourning the loss of loved ones and further added “the media should be an instrument to carry news fairly, accurately and without biased.” He prayed that Nigeria as a nation will witness more progress, developments and have respect for each other in 2013 and onward.
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by channel190(m): 4:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
Arobam: Bentv Channel
An exclusive interview with Nigeria’s Minister of Information Hon. Labaran Maku took place today with BEN Television, (Europe’s first Ethnic Satellite channel).
The Minister was reacting to erroneous claims that he was present at the take-off of the ill-fated helicopter from Bayelsa State that crashed killing 6 people including the Kaduna State Governor, Patrick Yakowa and the former National Security Adviser General Andrew Azazi.
We asked the Minister to give us a detailed account of the events. According to the Minister, after the burial of Oronto Douglas father’s, the Minister along with Kanu and Ogbonnayo Nwankwo, Timi Alaibe, Ben Bruce’ Jnr brother, Sani Umar, the Special Adviser on Media to Vice President and the late NSA, were invited back to Douglas’ house for a meal. The Governor, NSA, the Minister and Sani Umar discussed getting a helicopter together at 3pm but Umar later declined. The Minister decided to stay in the compound whilst all the others decided to go into the house. Whilst waiting outside, an earlier helicopter arrived to pick up guests at 2pm. The Minister decided to take the earlier ride with another group including Kanu Nwankwo and Timi Alaibe.
The Minister had already arrived in Port Harcourt when he heard news of the crash. Indeed, without the arrival of the 2PM chopper, he also would have been on the ill-fated helicopter. In essence he was not in Bayelsa State when it happened.
The Minister expressed surprise that few media houses were deciding to focus on him when many families were mourning the loss of loved ones and further added “the media should be an instrument to carry news fairly, accurately and without biased.” He prayed that Nigeria as a nation will witness more progress, developments and have respect for each other in 2013 and onward.
media reporters don't have to be biased. Yes! But from the above it seems like you'd believed him
Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by LocalChamp: 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2012
Maku

Re: Why Must Mr. Labaran Maku, Lie About Nearly Perishing In The Crashed Chopper by channel190(m): 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2012
LocalChamp: Maku

(1) (Reply)

Quiz: Locate This Picture By State. / Leaked Letter Of Agreement Between Willie Obiano And APGA As The Next Governor / Ekiti Elections Turns South West APC Governors To Father Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.