Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP (12746 Views)

Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa Files Suit Against Buhari Over Delay In Appointing Ministers / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. / Sanusi Lamido Ado-Bayero Appointed As NPA Managing Director By Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by AZeD1(m): 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2012
HNosegbe: Isn't it funny how the Jonathanians on this forum have expertly avoided addressing the ISSUE at hand (namely, the shameful, wicked, diabolical appointment of a reviled, corruption-tainted shameless old man to one of the most sensitive positions in the land) and have instead resorted to name-calling in a vain attempt to distract the rest of us from the core issue being discussed?

My challenge to every Jonathan supporter on this forum, as well as all those who "voted for Jonathan but not the PDP" is to show the rest of us, in plain, unambiguous terms, how EXACTLY this appointment fits in with the president's "transformation agenda" or his supposed "war against corruption". Show us Anenih's track record as well as his achievements in public service or private enterprise that qualify him for this appointment. In fact, prove to us that this appointment is not just another example of the crass patronage, "jobs-for-the-boys" system that has been the hallmark of this killer party called the PDP.

I'm waiting.
Bros you go old for this wait wey you dey oh...

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by DonaldGenes(m): 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2012
omenziate: Why should a person dis old be in active service? Dem no dey adhere to retirement age again?

Bros I don tire my sef,geJ needs to qo for med checkup! How can a qrown up perons like him reason this way!yuck
Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by ayox2003: 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2012
Reuben Abati, I honestly donot envy you.

How will you defend Tony Anenihs appointment. The man you once called an "old troublemaker" in your editorials?

SMH

Frawzey

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2012
::Andrew:::

which barracks u dey? grin grin
a safe barracks, not 2 b disclosed 2 d public
Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by otokx(m): 5:50pm On Dec 23, 2012
where are the crew of them 40 laptop dudes especially sincere nigerian?
Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by OsunOriginal: 5:52pm On Dec 23, 2012
kutchs:
What do you know bro? When its dia saint Buhari age doesnt matter but when it concerns GEJ all the attack dogs will come out barking.
I still repeat anyone who has anything against Anenih should approach the courts or keep shut for ever.

It is you and your likes who are not thinking right. Who cares about his age? What concerns me is the integrity of Anenih and the reason I am here to again demonstrate my annoyance at the way GEJ is messing up this country.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by OAM4J: 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2012
Am I the only one thinking the man from Otueke has lost it totally?

I dont agree with CNPP, the president is free to appoint anyone to head any federal boad, but I wonder to what gain is he appointing Anenih? The man that Oshiomole insulted in his own backyard.

Truth is Anenih is politically finished and GEJ is not smart enough to see it.
Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by Odunnu: 5:58pm On Dec 23, 2012
Whose pic is that in the OP? The pic did not allow me to read it down.
Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by blackpanda: 5:58pm On Dec 23, 2012
Since his wife embracing the beacon of corruption in nigerian, aka Chief Bode George it has been a rollercoaster of disasters for GEJ. For Godsake, y must he put Anenih there. Does he think Nigerians are fools?
This is the main problem with Nigerian politician. They embrace the devil jst so that they can spend one more nyt in aso rock.
Foolish GEJ! Useless Administration !!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by wellmax(m): 6:01pm On Dec 23, 2012
You guys are just making noise, GEJ doesn't give a damn.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by takedat(m): 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2012
GEJ truly thinks he owes his victory at the last poll to the rigging masters like Anenih, defying the millions that trooped out en mass to vote him in. An appointment like this is expected when Nigerians chose to defy logic and voted for a candidate under the umbrella of SHARE THE MONEY.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by RAHE3M(m): 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2012
Eje ka nowo je be PDP- akogun said so :DEje ka nowo je be PDP- akogun said so
Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by manfred10(m): 6:08pm On Dec 23, 2012
[quote author=Okiki_Oluwa]Hm!
I comment my reserve.
Exits thread & rushes to Mammy Market to buy Xmas Chicken.[/q. I like you too much
Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by confusion247(m): 6:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
I am not surprised because Tunde Bakare earlier told us that jonathan's destiny is to bankrupt Nigeria. Jonathan have made corruption official in his administration. This is transformation and fresh air indeed.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by joseph1832(m): 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2012
wellmax: You guys are just making noise, GEJ doesn't give a damn.
Very soon GEJ will give a damn

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by confusion247(m): 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
kutchs:
What do you know bro? When its dia saint Buhari age doesnt matter but when it concerns GEJ all the attack dogs will come out barking.
I still repeat anyone who has anything against Anenih should approach the courts or keep shut for ever.
Voodoo talking.....which court do you recommend? The court that found ibori not guilty or the one that found ibori guilty?. How come we have so many aliens and clones in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by OsunOriginal: 6:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
blackpanda: Since his wife embracing the beacon of corruption in nigerian, aka Chief Bode George it has been a rollercoaster of disasters for GEJ. For Godsake, y must he put Anenih there. Does he think Nigerians are fools?
This is the main problem with Nigerian politician. They embrace the devil jst so that they can spend one more nyt in aso rock.
Foolish GEJ! Useless Administration !!!

No - he thinks we are all RCCG members.
Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by PHIPEX(m): 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2012
How can a man who claim to fight corruption appoint the Director-General of Corruption as chairman of one of the corrupt institutions of our govt? I support GEJ most times but in this case am ashamed of his action. These sort of people who have proved to be above our laws should be left in retirement after decades of mismanaging our Economy.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2012
[quote author=manfred10][/quote] tanx. U r wlc
Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by plaetton: 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2012
OsunOriginal:

What concerns you is the age? Good! But what should concern us is the integrity of the man. What is the average age of the people chairing the board of big companies? How many of them are in their forties?

What can this old vulture bring to NPA, surely one of the most important and strategic area of our economy?. What type of innovations and new ideas can we expect from him?
The NPA has always been a dumping ground for useless, tired and worn out politicians and political as.s kissers.
Is it any wonder why it is probably the most incompetent and corrupt port authority in the whole world?
Jonathan, whom I have always supported, has shown in ore ways than one that he is clueless and insincere about implementing any genuine reforms and transformations in the Nigerian economy.

This is indeed a big slap on our collective faces.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by OsunOriginal: 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2012
plaetton:

What can this old vulture bring to NPA, surely one of the most important and strategic area of our economy?. What type of innovations and new ideas can we expect from him?
The NPA has always been a dumping ground for useless, tired and worn out politicians and political as.s kissers.
Is it any wonder why it is probably the most incompetent and corrupt port authority in the whole world?
Jonathan, whom I have always supported, has shown in ore ways than one that he is clueless and insincere about implementing any genuine reforms and transformations in the Nigerian economy.

This is indeed a big slap on our collective faces.

I am with you on this. Anenih's past and present corrupt record is the issue here. So, lets stay focused.

Sorry that your GEJ is like this and thanks for confessing your sin against the country - you are forgiven but dont do that again. Always try to stay on the side of progressives and dont allow ethnicity/religion to affect who you vote for in future.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by Wsdm: 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2012
The very moment Jonathan did this, i concluded that criticizing him is like fighting with a 'MAD MAN' in the market place.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by omanzo02: 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2012
Anenih's antecedents may not make him the right man for the job, but being 80 does not disqualified him, afterall the Italian president is above 80 and he still active in presiding over affairs.
Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 23, 2012
PHIPEX: How can a man who claim to fight corruption appoint the Director-General of Corruption as chairman of one of the corrupt institutions of our govt? I support GEJ most times but in this case am ashamed of his action. These sort of people who have proved to be above our laws should be left in retirement after decades of mismanaging our Economy.

Point of correction please... In sane societies people like Tony Anenih would be rotting in jail.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by Gbawe: 7:00pm On Dec 23, 2012
HNosegbe: Isn't it funny how the Jonathanians on this forum have expertly avoided addressing the ISSUE at hand (namely, the shameful, wicked, diabolical appointment of a reviled, corruption-tainted shameless old man to one of the most sensitive positions in the land) and have instead resorted to name-calling in a vain attempt to distract the rest of us from the core issue being discussed?

My challenge to every Jonathan supporter on this forum, as well as all those who "voted for Jonathan but not the PDP" is to show the rest of us, in plain, unambiguous terms, how EXACTLY this appointment fits in with the president's "transformation agenda" or his supposed "war against corruption". Show us Anenih's track record as well as his achievements in public service or private enterprise that qualify him for this appointment. In fact, prove to us that this appointment is not just another example of the crass patronage, "jobs-for-the-boys" system that has been the hallmark of this killer party called the PDP.

I'm waiting.

My brother, this is what the 'Jonathanians, as you wittily put it, engage in. I.e open and nauseatingly dishonest sycophancy laced with a perpetual obsession for attacking the messenger rather than look even semi-dispassionately at the message. As I always say, we will all have our difference. What still confirms decency is the ability to call a spade a spade and condemn what is wrong. This action of GEJ is shocking and shows a President totally lacking a moral compass or even a sense of what is deeply offensive and inappropriate. Whatever next under this "I don't give a damn" President? Shina Rambo as head of Customs? "Fresh air" indeed. What an embarrassing President. Why won't non-African critics be laying into our President mercilessly when they see things like this not even witnessed in Banana republics.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 23, 2012
taharqa: He is in his 70s, just like Buhari (d guy u hv bn urging us to vote as President). Just wantd to say dat fast..*exits thread*.....
Yeah, but let man play God for one second: Buhari Stands before you, and Anenih Stands before you and you have to send one to hell based on overwhelmingly evil actions that affected the economic upliftment of Nigerians; who would you condemn to burn in its deepest depths?!?! Remember, I said play God and not the Devil....
Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 23, 2012
taharqa: He is in his 70s, just like Buhari
Yup, Anenih is in his 70s like Kanu Nuwankwo is in his 30s.
Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by larryshow4(m): 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
I lost faith in Nigeria for a while now, but with this news when i read it on Punch Newspaper.... i know i didn't make any mistake by taking my mind off Nigeria. But someday i know Nigerians would open there brain & know that the only way Nigeria would be better is through violence and killing all these bastards that want to sink Nigeria before its time.. Why would they continue to make us look foolish all the time? cry cry Why is there no angry icon? Seun abeg put ANGRY icon for here o! ehen!!!
Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by Ikwerefistson: 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
[quote author=free2ryhme][/quote] undr d supervisn of obj d grand fada of all thefs
Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by brownlord: 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
Has this man not been holdin this post almost 2 yrs now, why all this noise are the Cnpp or wats it called just wakin up? Abeg mk una let person hear word, wonder why this always mk front page, hv always said Nigeria is a curse to planet earth, and Nigerians r fools
Re: Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP by ypzilanti: 7:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
How Anenih, Alison-Madueke, Others Robbed Nigeria Of N234bn Meant For Road Construction-PREMIUM TIMES

In December 2009, a damning report detailing how Mr. Anenih, a former works minister and then leader of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), allegedly mismanaged billions of naira meant for the rehabilitation and construction of Nigerian roads, was listed for debate – for the third time in a row – by the Senate.

The transport probe report is filled with revelations of alleged serial malpractices, and shows how, in 10 years (1999 to 2009), through multiple contract inflation frauds, connivance between contractors and government officials, some N645 billion was spent on 4,752 kilometres of road; shortchanging the government to the tune of N49 million on each kilometre of road worked on, amounting to approximately N233 billion.

The report, produced by a senate ad-hoc committee on transportation, led by Heineken Lokpobiri, blamed Anenih and his successors in the ministry, for the poor state of Nigerian highways during the period and called for their prosecution.

The report

The report shows that Nigeria’s public transportation sector, under the watch of Mr. Anenih and three others, was a cesspit of monumental corruption and fraud as contractors connived with government officials to defraud the country.

The report contains details of what its authors said was one of the nation’s largest portfolio of official scams at the time.
During its 20-day sitting in 2008, the ad-hoc committee said it scrutinised 532 written memoranda and listened to 248 presentations.

The committee said ministers and other senior officials of the ministries of transportation and Finance between 1999 and 2009 awarded multiple contracts for the same roads and paid for unapproved contracts.

According to the report, between 1999 and 2009, the ministry of transportation gave contracts for the construction and rehabilitation of 11, 591 km roads at a cost of N1.008 trillion – about N87 million per km.

During the same period, only 41 per cent of the roads were worked on, after close to 64 per cent of the contract value was paid.

In the 10-year period, work was done on only 4,752 kilometres of roads for N645.8 billion, at very high cost of N135.8 million per kilometre, defrauding the government N49 million on each kilometre.

“There was no commensurate value for funds expended on the roads from 1999 to 2009,” the committee said.

The committee said contractors, who were usually selected on questionable grounds, liaised with the leadership of the ministries and reduced the scope of awarded contracts without an equivalent scaling down on costs. In all cases, no one received any query from the internal audit.

The report said that under the reign of Tony Anenih, Adeseye Ogunlewe, Obafemi Anibaba and Cornelius Adebayo, road contracts were awarded depending only on estimates that were submitted by the bidding contractors, without prior design by the ministry.

The ministry also “fixed prices even before the roads were actually designed by the companies,” the report said.

The report detailed how about half – 46 per cent – of the companies that got jobs under Mr. Anenih and the three were not registered at the Corporate Affairs Commission at the time they were awarded contracts, against contract management rules.

It described the engineering representatives of the transport ministry as some of the most corrupt and lacking in technical expertise. “They granted clearances to the contractors when the jobs were far from finished,” the report said.

The current Petroleum minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, who – as minister of Transportation and Works – literally wept while inspecting the condition of the Benin-Ore road, was also indicted in the report.

The panel said Mrs. Alison-Madueke paid more than N1.2 billion into the private account of a company called Digital Toll Gates Limited, against the written advice of the Due Process Office.

Recommended for prosecution

The senators recommended that Tony Anenih, Adeseye Ogunlewe, Obafemi Anibaba and Cornelius Adebayo, who headed the transport ministry within that period, along with their Ministers of State and the Permanent Secretaries be prosecuted by the government for defrauding the nation.

The report also recommended the prosecution of Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, who was the permanent secretary during the administration of all the ministers except Mr. Anenih’s. He was alleged to have crafted a means of splitting contracts into sizeable amounts to bring the values within the approving authority of his office. With this, projects with single appropriation were allegedly awarded by him separately sometimes to non-existing companies.

Swept under the carpet

That report was never considered on the floor of the senate.

The report, which took the ad hoc committee 18 months to produce, kept appearing on the senate’s order paper as a matter to be considered at the next plenary till February 2010 when it was again listed to be debated and adopted in March. That was its last listing before that senate session ended in June 2011.

Ayogu Eze, a member of the committee and spokesman for the senate at the time, said the report could have “skipped the minds of those in the Senate leadership” or, perhaps, the Rules and Business committee of the Senate failed to slate it for discussion.

The Rules and Business Committee schedules matters handed down to it by the Senate leadership for discussion.

Alloysius Etok, then chairman of the Rules and Business Committee explained at the time he could no longer schedule the probe report for debate because he got no green light from the then senate leadership, led by David Mark.

“I’m trying to prioritise them (issues to be discussed by the Senate) and again, they (the authors of the report) did not finish that job,” Mr. Etok said. “I was trying to weigh the options which I am still trying to talk to the leadership to see if we can now take the report in part. If the leadership agrees that we treat it in parts, then I will bring it up for the interest of the public and Nigerian people. If the leadership says we should wait till they bring the second part of the report, then I will wait.”

The report indicting Mr. Anenih was the first part of a larger investigation of alleged corruption in the transport sector since 1999 by the Lokpobiri led Senate ad-hoc committee.

The second part of the report, which lawmakers said detailed the misuse of the funds meant for the marine and air transport sector during that time, was never submitted.

Mr. Jonathan ignores indictment to reappoint Anenih

President Jonathan has now brushed aside that indictment hanging on Mr. Anenih’s neck, appointing him to head the board of the NPA. Critics say the appointment has once again underlined the president’s non-commitment to the war against corruption.

The presidency could not be reached to comment for this story. His spokespersons, Reuben Abati and Doyin Okupe, did not answer or return calls made to their telephones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Without Buhari, Nigeria Would Have Packed Up By Now — Segun Oni / Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations / Godwin Obaseki Did Not Endorse Peter Obi - Crusoe Osagie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.